f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
What you say about bella are events that add or subtract RP and condition the conversation about you with jill, do the test yourself, I did it during a game in which she rejects me (supposedly as you say for having hit troy or been insulted by the waitress), I charged game just when she goes to talk to jill , I put more RP with the console and then if he spoke well of me. You can check it yourself too, if before the conversation with bella troy asks you if you are going to hit it again and the waitress will insult you, after the conversation with bella not add RP, but if those events do not occur at the end of the conversation with bella sums 2 RP. Dpc said to focus on our decisions, because they are the ones that add up or subtract events, but these decisions condition the RP and the RP scenes. Do what I say about adding RP with the console to bella on a tour where the requirements are not met and see for yourself how it speaks well of you.
What you describe for Isabella (to change the outcome of mc's evaluation in cafeteria) is not possible by adding points to RPisabellaby but by adding points to the variable ep3_bella_counter which is initialised in header_ep3.rpy. Near the end of the cafeteria event the value of ep3_bella_counter determines the outcome for ep3_bella_came_around which has influence on further options with Bella and Jill. This evaluation is completely independant of the value of RPisabella, but if mc is successful RPisabella is increased by 2. (see update3.rpy)
Code:
if ep3_bella_counter < 0:
    $ ep3_bella_came_around = False
    $ RPisabella -= 1
else:
    $ ep3_bella_came_around = True
    $ RPisabella += 2
In the script the value of RPisabella is never evaluated to give Bella a differentiated behaviour based on RP points. Bella completely ignores the value of RPisabella.

Only in reports you get different comments about Bella based on RP, e.g.
Code:
if RPisabella > 2:
    $ report_text += "I think she likes me."
else:
    $ report_text += "I can't really tell how she feels about me."
If you think that RP points have influence on the game besides what I wrote in previous post, please quote the script so that we can discuss this topic technically.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019
good theory, but I think that since the party in episode 5 onwards there is already the feeling of sage with the MC and not only at the end, besides that I think that this thing that Melaine and Sarah are planning may not be 100% in favor of Sage, because probably the girl that chad is cheating on is Melaine and Sage breaking up with chad will be good for her and consequently for having the mc it will be good for both of them (this if you are on the sage route, otherwise sage would be on worse), but I believe that the relationship between them will only materialize with 3-5 episodes to end the game.
It can't be Melanie, she was at the gym when Chad got the call.

Weltmeister

Jan 22, 2018
People it seems I'm blind again and need a little help. This is for a special render, either Maya's 5th or the 26th Mixed. Instructions in the walkthrough state "go down, down, up [DONE THAT], click the magazine over the table to unlock a special render".

View attachment 685190

Can anybody please give me a pointer where to click?
Got the same problem. That's the only missing render and the ones from the Mixed-section are not mentioned within the walkthtrough on page 1.

Kungpaojetli

Jun 2, 2020
Just finished playing the current version of the game and I have to say.. Wow. This is certainly one of the best VNs I've ever played.

Can't wait for the next update.

Reactions: Laurelin

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
About the theory of MC mother being a Burgmeister and the MC geting an inheritance idk man in any moment the MC father tought and say something like "haha what a coincidence your mom last name is the same as the name of the college you are going to haha"
Over dating a boy that he doesn't like? Ok maybe plausible but definitely on the extreme side. How would he have tracked him down now? He doesn't have his mother's last name? Why would the MC not know his mother's last name in the first place? I just can't imagine a level of hatred so extreme that you would lie to your own child for years and hide something that wouldn't affect anything in the first place. I mean if he completely disowned her in the first place why would he know she had a child and why would he try to track him down now? I know it's a game but this seems a little too movie-ish for me. I have children and even if I hated them for some reason I can't imagine not being there if they died. That's just a level of animosity I can't even possible fathom.
Who knows anything is possible I guess. Why wait 19 years then? 18 would have been legal, 21 is when most trust funds kick in. What's so special about 19? Not enough info.
Cndyrvr4lf There's likely nothing special about him turning 19, it would just be another plot contrivance where something big is happening at this moment because we're witnessing the story at this point in time.

As for everything else, it's perfectly feasible that the MC was unaware of who his mother's family were because that's perhaps how she wanted it, especially if she had been disowned by them for going against their wishes and falling in love with someone that they likely viewed as being below her station. It's easy to see how his Mom and Dad wouldn't want anything to do with them after that because it ties with what the MC says in the opening monologue about how true family doesn't abandon you. If he had known about his rich relatives growing up, then he might not have learned to appreciate what he has and learn the value of hard work and sacrifice which is what informs a lot of his actions in this game, particularly his speech at the end of ep 5. It's not necessarily about hatred for her parents, but about them wanting to raise him in what they viewed was the right way.

It's also not that uncommon for parents to fall out with their kids or kids to fall out with their parents. My parents were cut out of my Dad's Mum's will when she passed away after they got into an argument a few years before about how she treated my Mum, and we also didn't see her once during those years. This happened despite that fact that my side of the family was always closer to her than my Uncle's (Dad's brother's) side and we spent way more time with her over the years and always had her over for Chistmas. My parents also gave my Gran so much help and support after she had a stroke, whilst my Uncle did absolutely nothing for her, yet he and his family got the most out of the will.

Sometimes these things happen with families and sometimes they can be repaired, but sometimes they can't. In this case, it could be that the family either realised who the MC was after he enrolled at the college or they were secretly keeping tabs on him, and now they've chosen to reach out to him because they regret what happened with his Mom.

It seems to me that DPC feels the different branches are free to have their own continuity. So if we follow Maya, in that branch it really was Josy who was hesitant to include the MC; if you follow Josy, it really was the other way around. If that is what DPC thinks, then IMHO he's just wrong. That sort of subjective narrative will invariably confuse the players, and it ultimately undermines the impact of the player's choices because it turns out there are a bunch of other variables crowding those choices out.
Regardless of which one you go with, I don't think this negates what the other would say if you went with them, it's just that you don't get to hear them say it. Just because Maya says that she worried about what Josy would think doesn't mean that Josy wasn't also worried about what Maya would think, it's just that we don't get to hear that from Josy by going to speak with Maya. What they're both thinking isn't mutually exclusive and I don't think DPC is trying to say that the one you don't speak to didn't also have the same conerns as the one you do speak to.

Anyway, I've ranted on this topic several times now. I guess I really needed to sort out my thoughts, but this is going to have to be my final word on the matter.
We still have around 4 months until the next update and several years until the game ends, so I think "final word on the matter" is a little optimistic. :ROFLMAO:

From what I’ve seen you could conclude Josy is full on bisexual. While I think Maya could be considered demisexual. This is when someone only gets sexually attracted to people they have an emotional bond with. I think it would explain her quite well. She only ever felt that level of closeness to Josy before but MC being all charming, kind, helpful, and forgiving helped her find him attractive.
Said the same thing myself.

Maya flirting with other girls isn't in her nature. Aside from the fact that she doesn't seem to be the kind of person who initiates things, we don't really know if she's even attracted to any other girls or what exactly it is that attracts her to a person. Maya and Josy might have thought that Maya was only ever attracted to girls, but maybe Maya's only ever been attracted to one girl, and it wasn't necessarily a physical attraction but an emotional one.

In the scenario where the MC has done everything positive with Maya, this would certainly track with how her and the MC got so close so quickly because the MC provided for Maya's emotional needs by being there for her when she needed him and he showed her the warmth and affection she was needing as well. Josy too may have been this for Maya when they were in high school and so her feelings for Josy became romantic, just as they have become for the MC.

Yes, the apparent quick change is jarring, but like with a lot of things in this story, you just have to suspend your disbelief occasionally in order to get over certain things.

resgar

Mar 15, 2020
1) I think Sarah/Melanie taken THAT shot Cathy, and Riona posted cluck. Or Sara/Mel posted it too. After this they are just played with MC. And they are dropped those photos to Chad to provoke him into more mess with MC. (For fun, or to make Sage free, or wathever...)

There is no need to more smart meany bitches, than already obviously presented.

2) About MC family letter (mom). I think there was obvious Man_in_checkered_suit in prep party who noticed strangely familiar face MC, and was tired of Rusty's financial infantility. So they are sent note to check up for more adult successor. (I support Burgmeister's legacy point here)

So, there definetly will be opportunity for inheritance but with some strings attached(tm) m b even conflict with dad about it

Miz3r

Oct 31, 2017
I keep getting "error" use of modified game data when trying to continue with previous save on new update
What am i doing wrong here ,
Cheers

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Sometimes these things happen with families and sometimes they can be repaired, but sometimes they can't. In this case, it could be that the family either realised who the MC was after he enrolled at the college or they were secretly keeping tabs on him, and now they've chosen to reach out to him because they regret what happened with his Mom.
Or that they learned that the MC was currently dating the heir to the Royce fortune...

We still have around 4 months until the next update and several years until the game ends, so I think "final word on the matter" is a little optimistic. :ROFLMAO:
So... you're saying that I shouldn't attach strings to my discussion topics? :whistle:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I keep getting "error" use of modified game data when trying to continue with previous save on new update
What am i doing wrong here ,
Cheers
Probably using saves that were made with the mod. They don't work on a clean version of the game.

Dec 20, 2019
About MC family letter (mom). I think there was obvious Man_in_checkered_suit in prep party who noticed strangely familiar face MC, and was tired of Rusty's financial infantility. So they are sent note to check up for more adult successor. (I support Burgmeister's legacy point here)
That whole episode 5 covers 24 hours. Is DPC snail mail that efficient that man_in_checkered_suit goes back that night and posted the mail and it arrived at MC's dad's doorstep the next morning?

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
Is it wrong I'm mad at Jill for cock blocking. Damn her to hell she should had been at the house she lived at. We could had fucked Isabella by now. Jill might had cocked block the sex at the house though but its wroth it for ISABELLA.

resgar

Mar 15, 2020
That whole episode 5 covers 24 hours. Is DPC snail mail that efficient that man_in_checkered_suit goes back that night and posted the mail and it arrived at MC's dad's doorstep the next morning?
Well it is thin moment. I admit. Mb they sent it earlier, Rusty does just asking money for 2 years already.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Or that they learned that the MC was currently dating the heir to the Royce fortune...
Well, if they're on something like a board of trustees, they may have heard about an incident involving the president of the alphas and a freshman called "MC Surname", and it might have triggered the old memory banks; "Hmmm, Surname? Wasn't that the name of that builder our daughter ran away with? What's his father's name? Neil! Wait a minute...could it be...?" Then, after a bit of further digging, they discovered this was indeed their grandson and decided to reach out to him. But their secretary/personal assistant sent the letter to the home address instead of to the college, which would explain why it went where he isn't rather than where he is.

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
Okay I sacrifice the Maya&Joys path now I hope I get a Cathy&Jade as an alternative.
I'm far from convinced that Maya/Josy path has been entirely sacrificed. They are still intending to pledge HOT, which means going at the scavenger hunt list, and "threesome" is on that. They both still have strong feelings for MC, who else are they likely to ask to help out with it?

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
1) I think Sarah/Melanie taken THAT shot Cathy, and Riona posted cluck. Or Sara/Mel posted it too. After this they are just played with MC. And they are dropped those photos to Chad to provoke him into more mess with MC. (For fun, or to make Sage free, or wathever...)

There is no need to more smart meany bitches, than already obviously presented.
But the Cathy shot is a move against all the Diks. It could even be a move against Rusty to make him lose his position as president. As for Chad's photos, how could they know Chad would suspect and attack the MC ? None of this will help make Sage free and going so far as taking nude pictures of teacher and blackmailing Chad just "for fun" seems a very weak motivation and out of their characters.

Reactions: redfvaz

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Is it wrong I'm mad at Jill for cock blocking. Damn her to hell she should had been at the house she lived at. We could had fucked Isabella by now. Jill might had cocked block the sex at the house though but its wroth it for ISABELLA.
The alternative was her cock blocking us with Cathy.

4.80 star(s) 1,503 Votes