murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
What you describe for Isabella (to change the outcome of mc's evaluation in cafeteria) is not possible by adding points to RPisabellaby but by adding points to the variable ep3_bella_counter which is initialised in header_ep3.rpy. Near the end of the cafeteria event the value of ep3_bella_counter determines the outcome for ep3_bella_came_around which has influence on further options with Bella and Jill. This evaluation is completely independant of the value of RPisabella, but if mc is successful RPisabella is increased by 2. (see update3.rpy)
Code:
if ep3_bella_counter < 0:
    $ ep3_bella_came_around = False
    $ RPisabella -= 1
else:
    $ ep3_bella_came_around = True
    $ RPisabella += 2
In the script the value of RPisabella is never evaluated to give Bella a differentiated behaviour based on RP points. Bella completely ignores the value of RPisabella.

Only in reports you get different comments about Bella based on RP, e.g.
Code:
if RPisabella > 2:
    $ report_text += "I think she likes me."
else:
    $ report_text += "I can't really tell how she feels about me."
If you think that RP points have influence on the game besides what I wrote in previous post, please quote the script so that we can discuss this topic technically.

Don't you realize you're giving me reason? The "bella_came_arround" is a sub event that determines how many RP you add or subtract based on other decisions (hit a troy or be insulted by the waitress) but at the end of that event what adds or subtracts are RP, I repeat, check it out for yourself, make a game in which you hit Troy and insult the food of the cafeteria , save game just before the conversation between bella and jill, you will see that she does not speak well of you, load game, add 2-3 RP with console or with the scrappy mod and you will see how then she speaks well of you. Many events depend on the RP, and as the sums don't matter, playing legal depends on events but if you sum with console the result is the same so the relevant is not the event, it is the RPs.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
A week or two I get. Pointless if months spent have forced relationship progress we don’t see or relationships go into artificial hibernation.
If there’s going to be a big time jump it should be the endings that are that.
The thing is that most college themed movies (DPC's inspiration for BaDIK) don't always take place over such short periods of time. There's usually going to be some sort of time jump, whether it's a few weeks or a few months, and will usually involve some sort of montage or narration by the protagonist to show how their life has settled down into a rhythm, and/or how they've spent this time getting ready to meet some sort of challenge, or exam.

Relationship progress in this case wouldn't be "forced", especially if you want to be in certain relationships. During this time they simply don't require any intervention or major choices to be made and are evolving naturally through regular interaction.

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
No, it could simply been Jill and Sage are leaving the game at the end of next year. , and are replaced by other love interest. While you are attending on Bella's class. He also hinted at Spring break, winter break. its gonna rain next week. If hes plan are indeed as big, as HE say , he could easily create a full 4 year experience.

but in reality nobody know for sure. nothing is likely or unlikely, because DPC as far as i remember, didn't make a statement about this. :)
Are you for real? Recent episode was about ~24 hours of MC's life and you're telling DPC gonna create 4 year experience? LI(s) will be replaced?! Can you even imagine outburst? Guess you're just trolling, try better next time.

A simple fact that Sage is out for the next year indicates that story will cover less than a year. Question is - how much less, that's about it. Especially apart from possible epilogue time-jumps.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
The thing is that most college themed movies (DPC's inspiration for BaDIK) don't always take place over such short periods of time. There's usually going to be some sort of time jump, whether it's a few weeks or a few months, and will usually involve some sort of montage or narration by the protagonist to show how their life has settled down into a rhythm, and/or how they've spent this time getting ready to meet some sort of challenge, or exam.

Relationship progress in this case wouldn't be "forced", especially if you want to be in certain relationships. During this time they simply don't require any intervention or major choices to be made and are evolving naturally through regular interaction.
If you are fuck buddies with sage relationship growth would be forced. If you are pursuing Bella and suddenly there’s no progress for months that’s bizarre. Given a large element of the game is sex outside of relationships jumping through relationship growth would be bizarre imo. I see zero reason for these large jumps. The game’s not going to cover all years of college so why try and force massive jumps through. Putting plot points on hold to progress relationships that in some cases maya/josey have been artificially made casual makes little sense imo. Jumping a week past house repair that makes sense. That doesn’t require huge suspension of belief

onionbar

Sep 5, 2017
Hi, can anyone help me finding the Mixed Special Render #26 (the one between Envy and Sarah). It is said to found in a Freeroam in Ep 05, but I searched everything and haven't found it. It is the last one missing for me. Thanks! :)

Mixed #26 is Envy in a pool unlocked by the painting minigame

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
Are you for real? Recent episode was about ~24 hours of MC's life and you're telling DPC gonna create 4 year experience? LI(s) will be replaced?! Can you even imagine outburst ? Guess you're just trolling, try better next time.

A simple fact that Sage is out for the next year indicates that story will cover less than a year. Question is - how much less, that's about it. Especially apart from possible epilogue time-jumps.
Are you for real? since when having different opinion is Trolling? (n)and DPC doesn't give a shit about outburst, i thought this much was obvious. He is gonna write his story the way he wants to write it,.
I didn't make a statement and call it fact. I simply said, that i don't know, we don't know, but is not impossible or fact. and Just because things happens in a certain way, does not mean it won't change.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
If you are fuck buddies with sage relationship growth would be forced. If you are pursuing Bella and suddenly there’s no progress for months that’s bizarre. Given a large element of the game is sex outside of relationships jumping through relationship growth would be bizarre imo. I see zero reason for these large jumps. The game’s not going to cover all years of college so why try and force massive jumps through. Putting plot points on hold to progress relationships that in some cases maya/josey have been artificially made casual makes little sense imo. Jumping a week past house repair that makes sense. That doesn’t require huge suspension of belief
As long as the MC's relationship with Bella and Jill has reached the sex stage, his relationship with M&J has gone into the casual sex stage, and his relationship with Sage has progressed past FBs to "let's see where this goes", then there would be no problem with jumping ahead some time to Halloween, Thanksgiving, or something like that. Each relationship would then be in a good enough spot that it doesn't need much intervention by the player to progress them as things would just be moving at a more steady pace. A simple line like, "Eventually, the days started to blur together and everything settled into a rhythm", would be enough to establish this, and then we'd pick things up at the next major story beat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koniar

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
I did try to not wear the dildo helmet that often but it was still voted in my favor.
Derek says the same thing in my playthrough but my MC still ends up getting the point. I'm not sure if playing the drinking mini game (or not) while at Bella's/Sage/Derek actually counts towards getting the most credit for the beer task might have to try it out.
I think some of the "who gets credit for what" is a little... buggy? I've gotten the point for the dildo helmet in a playthrough where I literally never wore it once. As far as I can tell the beer drinking one is a coin flip, I haven't noticed any correlation between what I do and what result I get. Also, Derek saying MC had more in his cooler seems to happen no matter who gets the point.

Anyone else think the texting and Rooster stuff is slightly under used?

I’m not suggesting he base a lot of the plot line around them like Persona 5 or whatever but it seems like a cheap way to expand on characters. Stuff like when you text Sage from Bella’s. It doesn’t advance the plot it’s just nice to see her being annoyed but still affectionate with the MC.

Maybe I just crave content and this is a cheap way to do it. No need for renders.
I think the Rooster stuff is used about as much as it needs to be (wouldn't object to a little more, but only a little), but I definitely think the texting is underused. Even if it were just for flavor or RP, it'd be nice to be able to text more characters more often.

That said, Swyper feels mostly like a waste of time. Aside from a device in the Cathy subplot, there's nothing there that couldn't either be folded into Rooster and/or texting, or simply cut entirely.

It can't be Melanie, she was at the gym when Chad got the call.
She was, but that doesn't mean much really. Cell phones exist, so she could easily be calling him from the ladies' locker room or something like that. Plus that's the sort of thing a girl like Mel would probably get off on.

Is it wrong I'm mad at Jill for cock blocking. Damn her to hell she should had been at the house she lived at. We could had fucked Isabella by now. Jill might had cocked block the sex at the house though but its wroth it for ISABELLA.
The bigger problem with the Bella storyline is that arguably the most important of her lewd scenes so far, character-wise, is the one you can most easily miss. The scene in Ep. 4, which you only get if you are staying with her, shows her developing an emotional connection to MC, beginning to accept her own attraction, and the barriers breaking down as she's willing to explore her sexuality with him. Her deep breathing and internal monologue as they hug in the pool are actually some of the best character building in the game, IMO. But you completely miss it if you choose to stay with either Derek or Sage, which I think is a mistake of story structure, given how much emotional context it provides.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
As long as the MC's relationship with Bella and Jill has reached the sex stage, his relationship with M&J has gone into the casual sex stage, and his relationship with Sage has progressed past FBs to "let's see where this goes", then there would be no problem with jumping ahead some time to Halloween, Thanksgiving, or something like that. Each relationship would then be in s good enough spot that it doesn't need much intervention by the player to progress them as things would just be moving at a more steady pace. A simple line like, "Eventually, the days started to blur together and everything settled into a rhythm", would be enough to establish this, and then we'd pick things up at the next major story beat.
I tend to agree with you, but, i think at least one more week before the time jump would be good, or 4 days, 1 to start getting the DIK's into proper shape, one to talk about the relationships(the girls list, sage and chad breaking up, maybe another Jill date or study session, and a Bella conversasion, with some casual enconter in the middle), maybe a forth for Quinn stuff, and one where things just slow down, that way the transition would feel more natural, although the Quinn stuff could happen after the skip to, i would prefer another week though to spreed out the content more.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
As long as the MC's relationship with Bella and Jill has reached the sex stage, his relationship with M&J has gone into the casual sex stage, and his relationship with Sage has progressed past FBs to "let's see where this goes", then there would be no problem with jumping ahead some time to Halloween, Thanksgiving, or something like that. Each relationship would then be in s good enough spot that it doesn't need much intervention by the player to progress them as things would just be moving at a more steady pace. A simple line like, "Eventually, the days started to blur together and everything settled into a rhythm", would be enough to establish this, and then we'd pick things up at the next major story beat.
Why would dik players go no more sex for you? Time for a monogamy jump.
It’s going to take multiple episodes for Bella to grow into any sort of relationship with Mc. That can’t be jumped. Jill too. At the same point as all this is happening your going to be progressing the huge plot points already laid out.

Any time blurring is surely best placed for the epilogue. Player makes a bunch of choices, commits to a girl and sees repercussions.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I tend to agree with you, but, i think at least one more week before the time jump would be good, or 4 days, 1 to start getting the DIK's into proper shape, one to talk about the relationships(the girls list, sage and chad breaking up, maybe another Jill date or study session, and a Bella conversasion, with some casual enconter in the middle), maybe a forth for Quinn stuff, and one where things just slow down, that way the transition would feel more natural, although the Quinn stuff could happen after the skip to, i would prefer another week though to spreed out the content more.
Is that one more week after the Scavenger Hunt or are you referring to this upcoming week? Because based on how quickly the last 2 weeks have gone, I think we could see a fair bit of progress in the next 7 days with all the main LIs that we get a time skip after the coming week is done.

Why would dik players go no more sex for you? Time for a monogamy jump.
It’s going to take multiple episodes for Bella to grow into any sort of relationship with Mc. That can’t be jumped. Jill too. At the same point as all this is happening your going to be progressing the huge plot points already laid out.

Any time blurring is surely best placed for the epilogue. Player makes a bunch of choices, commits to a girl and sees repercussions.
It's hardly monogamy if he's in casual sex relationships with at least 5 different girls. :ROFLMAO:

We're currently entering week 3 and these 5 episodes have covered the first 2 weeks. I think it's a fairly safe bet to say that this upcoming week is going to be more than 1 episode and it's more than enough to get our first bit of sex with both Bella and Jill as they were each about ready to do it in ep 5, so all it would probably take is getting them alone at the right moment.

This week could also settle other major plot points for the time being and restore some order to things for a while, and then when they resurface is when we jump back in.

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
Are you for real? since when having different opinion is Trolling? (n)and DPC doesn't give a shit about outburst, i thought this much was obvious. He is gonna write his story the way he wants to write it,.
I didn't make a statement and call it fact. I simply said, that i don't know, we don't know, but is not impossible or fact. and Just because things happens in a certain way, does not mean it won't change.
Estimation about 10-20 episodes still stands. We have 5 so far which has covered ~2 weeks. I'm all for crazy assumptions and theories but they must filling existing holes, not bashing against the wall.

As for "doesn't give a shit" part - it's a very naive thing to say. Production process is expensive, as DPC said several times so he has to please his patrons one way or another.
That said, Swyper feels mostly like a waste of time. Aside from a device in the Cathy subplot, there's nothing there that couldn't either be folded into Rooster and/or texting, or simply cut entirely.
For now, yes. But obviously it has to be further developed later. Also it adds much more for players (such as myself) who doesn't pursue main LIs much by giving the feel of how MC exploring new vast possibilities of dating. It would be unfair to complain about lack of colege girls around but Rooster is all about more interactions with them whilist Swyper gives the whole another perspective.
She was, but that doesn't mean much really. Cell phones exist, so she could easily be calling him from the ladies' locker room or something like that. Plus that's the sort of thing a girl like Mel would probably get off on.
Have to disagree on this. Context says Chad is talking to her already and then the game giving this straight look on girls, clear "show, don't tell" technique which DPC's using quite often and effectively enough to my liking. I mean, of course it's still possible for any of thouse girls to be secret Chad's lover but, given this scene, it would be retarded.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
As long as the MC's relationship with Bella and Jill has reached the sex stage, his relationship with M&J has gone into the casual sex stage, and his relationship with Sage has progressed past FBs to "let's see where this goes", then there would be no problem with jumping ahead some time to Halloween, Thanksgiving, or something like that. Each relationship would then be in a good enough spot that it doesn't need much intervention by the player to progress them as things would just be moving at a more steady pace. A simple line like, "Eventually, the days started to blur together and everything settled into a rhythm", would be enough to establish this, and then we'd pick things up at the next major story beat.
Hadn't thought about Halloween. Cosplay sex with all the LI's? Yes please!

Reactions: Ilhares

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Hopefully, DPC will one day decided to bring on other people to the project or it's really going to be long waits for each episode.

Reactions: c._.99

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
It's hardly monogamy if he's in casual sex relationships with at least 5 different girls. :ROFLMAO:

We're currently entering week 3 and these 5 episodes have covered the first 2 weeks. I think it's a fairly safe bet to say that this upcoming week is going to be more than 1 episode and it's more than enough to get our first bit of sex with both Bella and Jill as they were each about ready to do it in ep 5, so all it would probably take is getting them alone at the right moment.

This week could also settle other major plot points for the time being and restore some order to things for a while, and then when they resurface is when we jump back in.
I see zero reason to skip from finally making a breakthrough with characters to months later.
Ignoring for months what’s going on with Bella seems an odd choice.
Equally sage on the dik path seems to be set up to allow continued pursuit of side characters.
Forcing some relationship progression, either locking those routes or bizarrely getting serious but not really would be odd.

Equally on chick route your suggestion of relationship development but no commitment seems bizarre.

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
Are there going to be time jumps .. or is the game going to end up 200 terabytes long because there aren't any?

I don't think there's much difficulty answering that one.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Are there going to be time jumps .. or is the game going to end up 200 terabytes long because there aren't any?

I don't think there's much difficulty answering that one.
200 terabytes? These are rookie numbers, you gotta pump those numbers up... So, the game's gonna be around 15-20 episodes. Worst(?) case scenario, let's say 20 episodes.
5 Episodes were around 8 gbs, so gotta calculate 4x8, not 8x25000

• Wow
Reactions: Dan_
4.80 star(s) 1,513 Votes