ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I think the Rooster stuff is used about as much as it needs to be (wouldn't object to a little more, but only a little), but I definitely think the texting is underused. Even if it were just for flavor or RP, it'd be nice to be able to text more characters more often.

That said, Swyper feels mostly like a waste of time. Aside from a device in the Cathy subplot, there's nothing there that couldn't either be folded into Rooster and/or texting, or simply cut entirely.
Agreed, other than Cathy and Arieth (who is hilarious as ever), Swyper just feels like busy work. Nicole is good sexting if you want it, and we at least see her in the real world so it might become relevant some day. But for the most part I'm happy to skip Swyper, whatever Derek says.

She was, but that doesn't mean much really. Cell phones exist, so she could easily be calling him from the ladies' locker room or something like that. Plus that's the sort of thing a girl like Mel would probably get off on.
In theory she could be talking to Chad on a pinktooth headset, but it would be a real stretch. Who has phone sex when they're jogging on a treadmill? Wrong type of heavy breathing! I'd certainly call foul if that turns out to be the reveal.

The bigger problem with the Bella storyline is that arguably the most important of her lewd scenes so far, character-wise, is the one you can most easily miss. The scene in Ep. 4, which you only get if you are staying with her, shows her developing an emotional connection to MC, beginning to accept her own attraction, and the barriers breaking down as she's willing to explore her sexuality with him. Her deep breathing and internal monologue as they hug in the pool are actually some of the best character building in the game, IMO. But you completely miss it if you choose to stay with either Derek or Sage, which I think is a mistake of story structure, given how much emotional context it provides.
Absolutely, the gate for the Episode 5 lewd scene really should have been making a move on Bella in Episode 4. I suspect that wasn't done so people who stayed with Sage could still have a shot at it, but as you say it completely alters the context of the way the MC keeps hitting on her feels without her silent assent in the pool.

Reactions: Zirael Q

always86

Mar 19, 2020
I want to do a new 'clean' playthrough where I unlock everything again, i've deleted my saves an even tried a clean install but I can't get my gallery and what not to reset. Is there a specific file I need to delete?

Snooky

Jan 19, 2019
I want to do a new 'clean' playthrough where I unlock everything again, i've deleted my saves an even tried a clean install but I can't get my gallery and what not to reset. Is there a specific file I need to delete?
Except your save files in your game folder you have to delete and your saves in the folder called %appdata%\RenPy\BeingaDIK-1535311494

Aug 6, 2017
I'm far from convinced that Maya/Josy path has been entirely sacrificed. They are still intending to pledge HOT, which means going at the scavenger hunt list, and "threesome" is on that. They both still have strong feelings for MC, who else are they likely to ask to help out with it?
I told them i wouldnt help them with their quest, i told josy i wouldnt go with her to see her dad and i told derek that im moving along. there is no way that the HOTS hell week should still be on my MC except for plot contrivances

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Why am I now noticing that MC doesn't have Bella's phone number? :confused:
Because if the MC didn't stay with Bella in Episode 4, he's barely interacted with her. She just doesn't come up that often so it's easy to see why the MC wouldn't think to ask for her number (if she would give it), and why we don't notice it's absence. What would the MC call her up to say?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Because if the MC didn't stay with Bella in Episode 4, he's barely interacted with her. She just doesn't come up that often so it's easy to see why the MC wouldn't think to ask for her number (if she would give it), and why we don't notice it's absence. What would the MC call her up to say?
MC to Bella: DTF? ;)

NOVASSR

Dec 30, 2017
If it's true, getting the Diks into trouble makes even less sense. It has none impact on Sage and Chad relationship. Furthermore Diks'parties are clearly the most pleasant. What's the point of getting them in trouble with Cathy's pictures ? Except being stupidly evil ? Not to mention the boring preps party was also Quinn's idea. If they want to separate Chad and Sage, why didn't they simply send the compromising pictures Chad want to hide, directly to Sage ?

Sarah and Melanie are Quinn's henchman, they're both involved in the prostitution and drugs stuff. Sage would not tolerate the drugs and smoking activities. The Diks mansion is the perfect place to do it, since Rusty has no problems with it and Tommy is directly involved. So once again, how getting the Diks into trouble serves their interest ?

Wow you really have a low opinion of them :LOL:
I was thinking about that,what if Quinn and Tommy are working together for being the presidentes of the DIKs and the HOTs? If the school blames Rusty for the pic of Cathy he is out of the president charge for sure and then Tommy gets his place. And with Quinn if she is behind of the Chad cheating and make him break up with Sage and then Sage feels a bad for that, Quinn plays the card of "Sage is not in condition of being the president". Is how you say it Sage is against the prostitution and drugs things and for me thats enough reason for Quinn wanting Sage out of the game.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
He has every other girls number so I figured why not?

If the player doesn't accept Quinn's offer in Episode 1 Camila ends up giving him her number in Episode 5 to continue the story. Maybe there'll be a scene where he feels the need to call her for whatever reason but can't since he doesn't have her number so maybe he'll get it from Jill.

Stark9999999

Dec 4, 2017
Care to have a rousing intellectual discussion comparing and contrasting the merits of the library of congress classification system versus the dewey decimal system and their usage in modern libraries?

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
The bigger problem with the Bella storyline is that arguably the most important of her lewd scenes so far, character-wise, is the one you can most easily miss. The scene in Ep. 4, which you only get if you are staying with her, shows her developing an emotional connection to MC, beginning to accept her own attraction, and the barriers breaking down as she's willing to explore her sexuality with him. Her deep breathing and internal monologue as they hug in the pool are actually some of the best character building in the game, IMO. But you completely miss it if you choose to stay with either Derek or Sage, which I think is a mistake of story structure, given how much emotional context it provides.
Have to disagree with this. That scene was the entire point of picking the Bella door for people that are pursuing Bella.

Now I actually disagreed with DPC splitting the paths that early in the game, but since he did it, then there needs to be meaningful differences to the door one picks, otherwise what's the point?

Foregoing the multiple sexual encounters available via staying with Sage for that 1 insightful scene with Bella (believe me no one picked it just to play the Watering the plants mini-game) was the price one pays for those interested in Bella.

NOVASSR

Dec 30, 2017
I was thinking about that,what if Quinn and Tommy are working together for being the presidentes of the DIKs and the HOTs? If the school blames Rusty for the pic of Cathy he is out of the president charge for sure and then Tommy gets his place. And with Quinn if she is behind of the Chad cheating and make him break up with Sage and then Sage feels a bad for that, Quinn plays the card of "Sage is not in condition of being the president". Is how you say it Sage is against the prostitution and drugs things and for me thats enough reason for Quinn wanting Sage out of the game.
The only thing that im not sure is that in the flashback Tommy and Rusty looked like actually good friends but now theres no more Rustys money

resgar

Mar 15, 2020
If it's true, getting the Diks into trouble makes even less sense. It has none impact on Sage and Chad relationship. Furthermore Diks'parties are clearly the most pleasant. What's the point of getting them in trouble with Cathy's pictures ? Except being stupidly evil ? Not to mention the boring preps party was also Quinn's idea. If they want to separate Chad and Sage, why didn't they simply send the compromising pictures Chad want to hide, directly to Sage ?

Sarah and Melanie are Quinn's henchman, they're both involved in the prostitution and drugs stuff. Sage would not tolerate the drugs and smoking activities. The Diks mansion is the perfect place to do it, since Rusty has no problems with it and Tommy is directly involved. So once again, how getting the Diks into trouble serves their interest ?

Wow you really have a low opinion of them :LOL:
Sage does not care about Arieth's achievements with DIKs and are fully awared on, so those photos not effective on her. Chad in other hand, is very sencitive to that kind of stuff, hot-tempered and not smart. And there was appeared obvious target for his temper. MC. Nice toy to play, and getting rid of public 3alfa's possessive claims on HOTs.

To deal with Cathy it is just pushing buttons and play with Cathy, Rusty and DIKs as well. And getting rid of public DIK's possessive claims on HOTs as well.

I dont think Quinn have full control over anyone exept Riona mb, and definetly not over Sara/Mel. They have some trades and deals and they really love messing around to everything they can reach. Quinn included. Its even not about parties really. They are just love сollege life that way. Like Quinn, but without massive shady business target in sight. Like i said. Pure Chaotic Evil.

They are trowing away really too much obvious provokes on left and right every time MC contact them. Their target, exept fun and amusement, is unclear, so i said they are chaotics, and we ll see how is it real in future EPs.

But im sure MC will have more troubles ahead with Sara/Mel. More than Quinn or Chad or Tommy. They will happily use every opportunity to play and go underestimated, unnoticed and unpunished. As Quinn's henchman or even helpless victims "her evil genius" for instance. In a heartbeat. (tm)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Velde

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Have to disagree with this. That scene was the entire point of picking the Bella door for people that are pursuing Bella.

Now I actually disagreed with DPC splitting the paths that early in the game, but since he did it, then there needs to be meaningful differences to the door one picks, otherwise what's the point?

Foregoing the multiple sexual encounters available via staying with Sage for that 1 insightful scene with Bella (believe me no one picked it just to play the Watering the plants mini-game) was the price one pays for those interested in Bella.
I think it would make more sense to say if you want to pursue Bella you need to forego Sage's breakfast conversation and some random encounters with Melanie and Sage.

I don't think it's an unacceptable cost to expect people pursuing Bella to spend time with Bella in the process. You can still screw Sage's brains out if you stay with Bella, but Bella will only appear for about 15 seconds total if you chose to stay with Sage.

Last edited:

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I think it would make more sense to say if you want to pursue Bella you need to forego Sage's breakfast conversation and some random encounters with Melanie and Sage.

I don't think it's an unacceptable cost to expect people pursuing Bella to spend time with Bella in the process. You can still screw Sage's brains out if you stay with Bella, but Bella will only appear for about 15 seconds total if you chose to stay with Sage.
I can see why DPC has made all the paths so continuous though. If he was to make a a path for all the decisions (where stayed, girls you slept with, etc. etc.) this game would have us all at different points with different girls. Way to convoluted, can you imagine trying to program all the variables to make it work right? Holy Sheet Batman!!

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes