Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Can you imagine the drama potential of the MC's birthday party though? Which lady is he going to invite? Holy Sheet Batman WORLD WAR III!
I posted this at the start of the month:
As for the birthday, I'm thinking there could be a choice to invite along one of the LIs, except for Bella as there's the issue of what it might like look like if someone were to see them going away with each other. I also reckon we'll be able to invite both Maya and Josy together given that, on their path, they said that they should do more things together as part of the whole "seeing where things go" relationship they have. Then I reckon there will be sex scene in the MC's room with whoever he invites back.

Would also be cool if there was an additional scene for the M&J path where they all go to see Josy's dad and we meet the fabled Monica, or maybe Josy goes to see them alone leaving the MC and Maya to go to the same spot where the MC and Josy had their first date. In fact, the trip to this place could also be on the Jill and Sage paths too as kind of an homage to his date with Josy, but now it's with someone else.
That would be very interesting to see how it goes :unsure: Overall, it's not looking too good for her :eek:
No, it is not. :oops:

screenshot0044.png

• Haha
Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf and Dan_

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Not to sound negative but i strongly doubt that we will get separate versions of his birthday depending on who is your main Li. He will invite all the girls
That would be even worse. 5 women that he is sleeping with (potentially by the time we get there) who know about each other or don't depending on the situation all in one location :eek:

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
If you are fuck buddies with sage relationship growth would be forced. If you are pursuing Bella and suddenly there’s no progress for months that’s bizarre. Given a large element of the game is sex outside of relationships jumping through relationship growth would be bizarre imo. I see zero reason for these large jumps.
Speaking as someone who has been in 'interesting relationships' in the past, it really wouldn't be all that unusual. Sometimes things just settle in to a reliable, (ir)regular pattern. Shortly after I finished highschool my most recent ex- became an on again/off again FwB for roughly 3 years, even though I was seeing others at the time. We cared for each other, but there were still no strings of obligation. She eventually moved out of state to attend another college and then married the first guy she hooked up with out there. They're still married and have kids. Seeing that played out real-time would be a drag, only getting very periodic updates is great. Time-skipping is sanity-saving.

I'm hoping the game story lasts for a year and a half (MC time) at least. It doesn't need to be drama and panic every other day to maintain a good story. (regular boning with your SOs is nice, must admit that)

<snip>Sara/Mel. They have some trades and deals and they really love messing around to everything they can reach. Quinn included. Its even not about parties really. They are just love сollege life that way. Like Quinn, but without massive shady business target in sight. Like i said. Pure Chaotic Evil.
Respectfully disagree. Chaotic Evil is often without reason and almost exclusively malicious. They may do things you do not find morally agreeable, but I haven't seen anything from them so far (that I can recall) that reeks of actual malice. They're party girls, out to have a good time, and they don't care about "the rules" of society. Chaotic Neutral at worst right now. Camilia borders on the edge of LE/NE. She wants to adhere to the guidelines established (lawful) by Quinn, but lacks that strength of will to adhere, resulting in her giving the MC more than he expected at the gloryhole, and later readily giving in when the MC encourages her to give the finger to Quinn's authority. I still leave her on the Evil side of the scale not for malice (a strong trait of CE) but because she's knowingly doing these unacceptable (societally) things strictly because she enjoys it and it brings personal gain. NE is a very selfish lifestyle (and there's nothing wrong with that).

It's somewhat why I dislike the D&D core alignment system, it's very untidy. The alignments of the Palladium tabletop games felt much more organic and reasonable.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now, obviously, murder isn't likely to be real high on the list in BaDIK, but we can't rule it out. Substitute other highly unethical/anti-social actions if needs be.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Not to sound negative but i strongly doubt that we will get separate versions of his birthday depending on who is your main Li. He will invite all the girls
If there's a party on campus, then sure, they'll all probably get an invite. But he also tells his Dad in the text that he's looking forward to coming home for his birthday, so in that scenario we may have to choose who goes with him and this could be a major relationship decision.

blabbolo

Mar 18, 2019
That would be even worse. 5 women that he is sleeping with (potentially by the time we get there) who know about each other or don't depending on the situation all in one location :eek:
That will happen no matter what, he has no reason to not invite one of the main Li, to be fair though,
bella partecipating if she dislikes you would make 0 sense.

If there's a party on campus, then sure, they'll all probably get an invite. But he also tells his Dad in the text that he's looking forward to coming home for his birthday, so in that scenario we may have to choose who goes with him and this could be a major relationship decision.
What if we don't get the chance to invite someone home with us?

Last edited:

RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018
In regards to Jill/Sage graduating next year, I really hope this game isn't like Roommates where the ending reveals that the MC and his love interest drifted apart after graduation as their different desires led them down different paths in life.

I'd rather DPC go for a more ambiguous "I don't know what the future will bring, but we'll face it together" ending.

Realistic? No, but a game where you can potentially have sex with four different women in a 2-hour window without any consequences isn't necessarily going for total realism.

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
What if we don't get the chace to invite someone home with us?
Then we don't and he goes home alone.

I'm just saying that this could be an interesting choice for DPC to include.

In regards to Jill/Sage graduating next year, I really hope this game isn't like Roommates where the ending reveals that the MC and his love interest drifted apart after graduation as their different desires led them down different paths in life.

I'd rather DPC go for a more ambiguous "I don't know what the future will bring, but we'll face it together" ending.

Realistic? No, but a game where you can potentially have sex with four different women in a 2-hour window without any consequences isn't necessarily goi g for total realism.
Jill is a 3rd year and Sage is a 4th year, so only Sage would be graduating.

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
My point is simply that the script does not care how many RP you have with Bella. You could probably start a new game with -100 RP for each of the main LI and still could do (almost) everything you can do in a normal game. It's only certain actions that matter and they have their own flags. Some actions also give RP but since the game (except for the cases mentioned earlier) never looks into the RP-variables, their RP-values have no effect.

For the Bella talking nicely about mc event you mentioned :
RP doesn't matter. The script only checks the variable ep3_bella_came_around.
Code:
if ep3_bella_came_around:  
    isa "He's been unlucky...or chosen his friends poorly, I should say."
    ji "Huh?"
    ji "I thought you didn't like him."
    ji "¿Qué te hizo cambiar de opinión, de repente?"  
    isa "Tuve una conversación con él".  
    ji "¿Y? ¿Te gusta ahora?" 
    isa "No. En absoluto". 
    ji "Pero?"  
    isa "Pero no todo es malo".  
    ji "No todo es malo?"
    ji "Sabes, eso es lo mejor que has dicho sobre un chico".  
    es un "..."
    ji "Creo que podrías tener razón".  
    isa "Bien. Entonces, adelante". 
    ji "Adelante y ... ¿hacerse amigo de él?" 
    isa "Sí, eso o salir con él. Lo que sea".  
    ji "¿Salir con él?"
más:  
    isa "No solo es desafortunado como tú, Jill. Está buscando problemas activamente".
    ji "¿Eh?"  
    isa "Tuve una conversación con él ... quería darle una oportunidad, ya sabes, para ti".
    isa "Pero la forma en que está actuando ..."  
    isa "Esperaba que fuera diferente, pero como es, ahora mismo ..."
    isa "... sigue siendo solo un niño".  
    ji "¿Le diste una oportunidad ... por mí?"
    ji "¿Por qué?" 
    isa "Quería asegurarme de que fuera lo suficientemente bueno para ti ..."
    isa "Para hacerse amigo ... o para salir ... o lo que sea". 
    ji "¿Hasta la fecha?"
[/CÓDIGO]
[/CITAR]
I will not keep repeating myself because it seems that you do not understand it, if you want to verify what I say do it yourself, play a game where Bella rejects you (she speaks badly of you to jill), for not fulfilling the event that you point out to me, save game just before the conversation with jill and upload the RP with the console, you will see how the conversation changes and speaks well of you, just check it for yourself, so we will not continue arguing forever

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
That will happen no matter what, he has no reason to not invite one of the main Li, to be fair though,
bella partecipating if she dislikes you would make 0 sense.

What if we don't get the chace to invite someone home with us?
Yeah but "at a party" setting would be acceptable, take at the DIK's house for example. It would be a lot less intimate than a trip back home to meet Dad. Still it could, potentially, be fraught with risk anyway. Add in alcohol on top of it. Imagine girl 1 kisses MC and girl 2-5 plus all the side chicks see it. OH MY JESUS!

It is customary to introduce a significant other to parents eventually.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Then we don't and he goes home alone.
I'm just saying that this could be an interesting choice for DPC to include.
Jill is a 3rd year and Sage is a 4th year, so only Sage would be graduating.
And that's assuming that it's only a 4 year degree. There are a ton of degrees that require more than that. So who knows. Even though I think I remember Sage specifically saying that she wouldn't be here next year.

Dec 20, 2019
Based on the classes that they took so far, DPC is using American college system or Swedish college system or are they the same? How many years would it take for a student to graduate? I am not familiar.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Yeah but "at a party" setting would be acceptable, take at the DIK's house for example. It would be a lot less intimate than a trip back home to meet Dad. Still it could, potentially, be fraught with risk anyway. Add in alcohol on top of it. Imagine girl 1 kisses MC and girl 2-5 plus all the side chicks see it. OH MY JESUS!

As long as we can Sixteen Candles it up with Jill after because she didn't wanna come to a DIK party I don't care what happens.

Dec 20, 2019

Imagine if every LI throw's a birthday party for him, there would be 4 parties for the whole Episode 6 (Dad's, M/J's, J/B's, Sage's, and again plenty of sex scenes at the parties again).

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Based on the classes that they took so far, DPC is using American college system or Swedish college system or are they the same? How many years would it take for a student to graduate? I am not familiar.
Sweden, like most of Europe, has 3 years for a Bachelors, then another 1-2 for a Masters and then up to a further 4 for a PhD. AFAIK America is the odd one out with it taking 4 for a Bachelors.

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I've been trying to think about chronomate's question : what existing character would be a good candidate for Chad's side-girl?

We don't have much direct evidence, but we do have a few criteria.
  • She must have been available for Chad's call in Episode 2.
  • She must have been around long enough that Sage was suspicious on the first day of classes (so no freshmen).
  • There must be a reason Chad would not break up with Sage to openly date her.
  • She would be interested in an affair with Chad.
  • She must be an important enough character we care about her when revealed.
The last two are a judgement call, so YMMV. But here's my list, in roughly descending order:

Troy
Rose
Brandi
Lily (technically a freshman but she has been dancing longer than that)
Wendy
Quinn
Riona
Dany
Jaime
Rich

Not much of a list. Troy is the only one who actually has an established connection to Chad, and that's a nebulously described joint membership in the jocks.

Clearly, I need to take Bella's research skills class.

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
1) I think Sarah/Melanie taken THAT shot Cathy, and Riona posted cluck. Or Sara/Mel posted it too. After this they are just played with MC. And they are dropped those photos to Chad to provoke him into more mess with MC. (For fun, or to make Sage free, or wathever...)

There is no need to more smart meany bitches, than already obviously presented.

2) About MC family letter (mom). I think there was obvious Man_in_checkered_suit in prep party who noticed strangely familiar face MC, and was tired of Rusty's financial infantility. So they are sent note to check up for more adult successor. (I support Burgmeister's legacy point here)

So, there definetly will be opportunity for inheritance but with some strings attached(tm) m b even conflict with dad about it

I think the thing is out there ... finally it will be a well-known character and possibly one of the hot ones, it is possible that jocks are involved but the internal code of the hots during the game is emphasized (not to turn against each other) because this Of course, something that hit the brotherhood during the game.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
As much as I would love to bring a LI back home I just don't see that happening. I say this because it seems as though the main focus of MC's birthday visit is gonna be about the letter he received and being with his SO would just take away from what'll likely be a serious and important moment/discussion with his Dad about the letters contents.

Plus it'll be a hassle for DPC to render, code and write the different girls in that scene.

Reactions: xsssssssss

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
It's an American college, so this will be 4 years.
Is it? I thought DPC acknowledged it as Canadian when somebody called him out on the in-game currency that was seen.

As long as we can Sixteen Candles it up with Jill after because she didn't wanna come to a DIK party I don't care what happens.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes