Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Hello, I am about to start chapter 4 and I have noticed that there are 3 branches, which one should I choose? Which is the best option: Derek, Isabella or Sage?
I did it the pragmatic way with my three saves: Derek on the neutral / have fun save, Sage on the DIK, Isabella on the CHICK save.

But for someone to have a certain reputation, their actions have to be known by some in order to form that reputation of them. Of the now 9 major choices that apparently form this reputation, the most that might be widely known around campus is 5 and the least is 2.
  1. Fighting Troy - Possibly known if Troy said anything to anyone, but being a typical guy, he probably didn't tell
  2. Getting Quinn's number for her menu service - Unknown
  3. Being nice to Steve - Unknown
  4. Fighting the Jocks - Possibly known if the Jocks say anything, but much like Troy, they probably wouldn't want people to know that this upstart freshman went toe-to-toe with them
  5. Partying at the Pink Rose - Unknown because the DIKs going to the Pink Rose isn't meant to be known outside of the DIKs
  6. Accepting Jade's advances - Unknown
  7. Smoking weed - Partially known, but unlikely to really be that big of a deal on a college campus
  8. Fighting Caleb - Likely to become known
  9. Punching Tybalt - Very likely to become known
To play Devil's Advocate:
1 But somebody may have asked him about his black eye offscreen.
2 Not getting the number, actually calling - the girls might talk among themselves how the experience was.
4 Led to the destroying of the Delta Iota Kappa mansion, people may get inquisitive about the chain of events. Also, the whole campus can see the beef between MC and the Triple-Alphas on Rooster.
5 We now have one of the Pink Rose strippers on campus.
6 You can elect to tell Derek, and it may come up during the board evaluation. I wouldn't know, I did not tell Derek and let him have fun with the old lady. ;)

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Yeah it seems kind of inconsistent since she somehow cant get a hold of cocaine for the preps but is able to get drugs that require a needle which I guess is heroine or something like that.
We don't know what's going on it in terms of the drugs supply & where she fits into it other than being the campus supplier. It could be she needs to sell a certain amount if weed which is why she says she says she can't get cocaine.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
We don't know what's going on it in terms of the drugs supply & where she fits into it other than being the campus supplier. It could be she needs to sell a certain amount if weed which is why she says she says she can't get cocaine.
Yeah that could be possible. I just hope we get some flasbacks that show how Quinns business works and how she started it right now its still quite vague and we also dont really know much about her either I think she really needs more backstory.

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
Guys, what do you think, are we going to see Zoey in one of the next episodes?
I think it would be cool to get another scene with her. Maybe some kind of ending with her, if we don’t pick any of the girls.
Before ep5 I was 100% sure she's Chechov's gun similiar to ex from AL but after hearing Isabella backstory I'm thinking maybe Zoey's just a red herring, nothing more. She probably will appear briefly anyway but w/o any major impact on the story.
I still disagree with this. According to you a Full DIK run has to be insincere when he says nice things, right? So assholes can't ever be nice and Nice guys can't ever be assholes? Or if they do their lying? To black and white. It doesn't work that way, the world has never worked that way
It was just one possible interpretation, please don't extrapolate it like that.
Nah, some people are just assholes and they are that way for their entire lives, never changing or getting better. Tommy seems like one of those people.
Yes but it's a game we're talking about. A game where some characters has depth and some are paperthin dolls. To which caterogry we shall classify Tommy at the end is not clear yet.
A prime example of how this system is surreal:
I have 12 points in DIK and have DIK affinity by choosing to smoke. I get rejected by Maya&Josy.

I still have 12 points in DIK and have NEUTRAL affinity by choosing not to smoke. Maya&Josy accept me.

If you can't see how this is too surreal, them i don't know how to explain.
Actually it's a terrible example even in case of this particular point being defying for affinity because yeah, MC might be talking to them after smoking a weed and despite that he'd be no longer high they could easily smell it. Not to mention some possible drawback, bloodshot eyes a bit etc.
See this is what I'm referring to. This is my Pure chick run and at the rate I'm going I am literally going to be unable to perform a single DIK action by the end of EP6 View attachment 690971 I'm going to have to start making DIK choices just to keep the flex open
That's not how it works. Actions are still will appear, it just status will be capped but how exactly is impossible to tell yet. Judging by current state I'd say it will be 5/-5 for the opposite side (instead of 20) or 0 after 2 neutral points will be gone as well.
The simple truth is that most of the Major choices would never be known by anyone other than the people there. Jade doesn't run tell the LI's that she rubbed her students dick in class, Steve doesn't run to B&R to tell everyone whether the MC talked to him or not, etc. etc. Almost none of those Major Choices would be known to anyone but those people there at the time and almost none of them are LI's. I agree with Holy Bacchus and ename144 the system is unrealistic
Of course it's unrealistic but first - the whole interpretation affinity=reputation should be discarded, it weren't designed that way, obviously. Second - imo it's merely a roleplay tool and I think it's actually good at that. Game is supposed to be played once and w/o any meta-knowledge (i.e. going full blind). That way system adds flavour a lot and apart from possible narrative inconsistency it spice things up in contrast to possible focus on RP like it usually done in similiar VNs.
she's letting the merchandise go for free with Riona.
Eh, it's probably just a lie. I wouldn't be suprised if turns out Quinn herself is basically the sole reason for 'shortness'.

Reactions: Real Kreten

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I still don't get that I know Riona is a close friend and everything but why is Quinn letting her use up most of the drugs without paying for it?
I always took that scene as a clear indication Quinn was lying to Tommy. If Quinn was willing to slap Riona, I very much doubt she would avoid correctly blaming Riona for the shortfall just to preserve her feelings. To me, the picture we get is that Quinn knows what caused the shortfall, but will not admit it even to her close allies.

The most likely explanation in that case is that Quinn herself is cause, probably by using drugs without paying. We know she uses high quality drugs (at least by her and Riona's estimation), and Quinn's business skills are looking pretty bad. So I could definitely see her smoking/injecting her way into bigger trouble. In fact, the whole drug dealing job might have started as an excuse to get drugs herself; now she is now forced to try it for real thanks to the shortfall, with predictable results.

We might see more in Episode 6, when Quinn needs to pay her dealer. Otherwise, it's just one more topic for speculation.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Yeah it seems kind of inconsistent since she somehow cant get a hold of cocaine for the preps but is able to get drugs that require a needle which I guess is heroine or something like that.
I didn't get that either her drug dealer can't really be very serious and can't get access to anything else it feels like there are a few plotholes with this I hope they get cleared up because as you say not being able to get hold of the likes of cocaine but she can inject some drugs just doesn't add up.

Eh, it's probably just a lie. I wouldn't be suprised if turns out Quinn herself is basically the sole reason for 'shortness'.
For what possible reason would she lie about it? She knew she was in trouble in this update and needed that money from the preps she may lie about other things but I don't think she's lying here.

Kz87

Jun 19, 2017
I want to add my thoughts on affinity system. What does it mean the affinity? I understand it as a soul, sincerity. The way how you behave based on your actions.

For example, take 2 guys: first one fucks every girl living around him, and second one is a guy who truly believe in monogamy and love. Both guys can speak with a girl they like with the same approach, and talk with a same nice words. However, girls can determine which one is just sweet talker, and which one is sincere who speaks from the bottom of his heart. It is noticeable on how they talk, how they look into the eyes. It is impossible to show in a video game, but it exists in real life.

The same goes to other parts of actions, if you willingly try to punch a guy, or smoke weed, or just be an asshole to someone who is in trouble, then you are not nice person, even if you consider yourself otherwise. And, it is not necessary for people to witness your bad behaviour, they would just feel that you are not nicest person, even though you do nice things for them.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
my save file is not working
At what point in the game and with which version did you save?

I noticed that save games at points in episodes 1-4 may have problems with finding a rollback position because of changes in the script so that Ren'Py may crash on loading. However loading games from end of ep.4 and of ep.5 so far was no problem with an unmodified version.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Actually it's a terrible example even in case of this particular point being defying for affinity because yeah, MC might be talking to them after smoking a weed and despite that he'd be no longer high they could easily smell it. Not to mention some possible drawback, bloodshot eyes a bit etc.
Ok, scratch the weed stuff.
You didn't smoke weed, but you were a jerk to Steve.
Maya don't know Steve exists and Josy quit the job so she don't have contact with him whatsoever, so the only possibility of they knowing about that was Steve coming all the way to B&R to rat out on the MC behavior (even then who would believe in fucking Steve over the MC?)

So know once again:
I have 12 DIK points and was a jerk to Steve, Maya&Josy reject me.

I have 12 DIK points and wasn't a jerk to Steve, Maya&Josy accept me.

How would they know about that? And there's even more examples like, like accepting Jade in the classroom.

And about what they know, the affinity system is ok with you fucking two girls in a bathroom, but fighting a bunch of guys who were going to beat the shit out of you is wrong.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
For example, take 2 guys: first one fucks every girl living around him, and second one is a guy who truly believe in monogamy and love. Both guys can speak with a girl they like with the same approach, and talk with a same nice words. However, girls can determine which one is just sweet talker, and which one is sincere, speaks from the bottom of his heart. It is noticeable on how they talk, how they look into the eyes. It is impossible to show in a video game, but it exists in real life.
Yeah that reasoning has some flaws, because apparently fucking everyone with tits around you don't matter to the affinity system and to the girls, but beating the crap out of jocks (who were going to beat the crap out of you if you didn't fled) does.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I always took that scene as a clear indication Quinn was lying to Tommy. If Quinn was willing to slap Riona, I very much doubt she would avoid correctly blaming Riona for the shortfall just to preserve her feelings. To me, the picture we get is that Quinn knows what caused the shortfall, but will not admit it even to her close allies.

The most likely explanation in that case is that Quinn herself is cause, probably by using drugs without paying. We know she uses high quality drugs (at least by her and Riona's estimation), and Quinn's business skills are looking pretty bad. So I could definitely see her smoking/injecting her way into bigger trouble. In fact, the whole drug dealing job might have started as an excuse to get drugs herself; now she is now forced to try it for real thanks to the shortfall, with predictable results.

We might see more in Episode 6, when Quinn needs to pay her dealer. Otherwise, it's just one more topic for speculation.
I'm not sure if it's Quinn either or she's been high while counting it all we've only seen her inject twice I think? and there was the smoking on the roof I can't recall any other times I've seen her smoke? but to me, she just doesn't have those junkie traits and looking for that next hit like it's going out of fashion. I'd just find it even more stupid if she was using up most of the merchandise it's not exactly the best business move.

Reactions: xsssssssss

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I didn't get that either her drug dealer can't really be very serious and can't get access to anything else it feels like there are a few plotholes with this I hope they get cleared up because as you say not being able to get hold of the likes of cocaine but she can inject some drugs just doesn't add up.
It might make sense, if we assume Quinn only has the type of drugs she herself uses. She doesn't have something like coke because she had no interest in it and never asked about it.

In other words, Quinn is mostly just a drug user and is still an amateur drug dealer.

For what possible reason would she lie about it? She knew she was in trouble in this update and needed that money from the preps she may lie about other things but I don't think she's lying here.
What would she gain by telling the truth? Tommy was pissed at her already, telling him SHE was the reason they needed to ditch the Hell Week party would only make it worse. There's also the possibility Quinn cannot accept the truth (that she has a serious drug problem), and thus is lying to herself as much as she is to Tommy.

I certainly consider either of those explanations more likely than her not only giving Riona a free ride, but never mentioning that fact to a defiant Riona.

Reactions: jackofshadows

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I want to add my thoughts on affinity system. What does it mean the affinity? I understand it as a soul, sincerity. The way how you behave based on your actions.

For example, take 2 guys: first one fucks every girl living around him, and second one is a guy who truly believe in monogamy and love. Both guys can speak with a girl they like with the same approach, and talk with a same nice words. However, girls can determine which one is just sweet talker, and which one is sincere who speaks from the bottom of his heart. It is noticeable on how they talk, how they look into the eyes. It is impossible to show in a video game, but it exists in real life.

The same goes to other parts of actions, if you willingly try to punch a guy, or smoke weed, or just be an asshole to someone who is in trouble, then you are not nice person, even if you consider yourself otherwise. And, it is not necessary for people to witness your bad behaviour, they would just feel that you are not nicest person, even though you do nice things for them.
Further to that, there's the reputational damage that comes from actually being a nice person then acting like a douche bag to impress your bros. Take the weed choice, getting high is not a Dik choice imo (I'm pro-legalisation and taxation of all narcotics with the money raised being used to fund free-at-point-of-delivery rehab facilities) but publically getting high on a college campus where narcotics are banned with Quinn who is a clear antogonist to 2 or 3 of your LIs (Maya, Josy and, to a lesser extent, Sage) is because it indicates to them that you can't be entirely trusted.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Ok, scratch the weed stuff.
You didn't smoke weed, but you were a jerk to Steve.
Maya don't know Steve exists and Josy quit the job so she don't have contact with him whatsoever, so the only possibility of they knowing about that was Steve coming all the way to B&R to rat out on the MC behavior (even then who would believe in fucking Steve over the MC?)

So know once again:
I have 12 DIK points and was a jerk to Steve, Maya&Josy reject me.

I have 12 DIK points and wasn't a jerk to Steve, Maya&Josy accept me.

How would they know about that? And there's even more examples like, like accepting Jade in the classroom.

And about what they know, the affinity system is ok with you fucking two girls in a bathroom, but fighting a bunch of guys who were going to beat the shit out of you is wrong.
Maybe it is as in "The picture of Dorian Gray"?
All (major) actions leave a small trace in mc's face and slightly alter his physiognomy. After too many DIK choices he looks like a DIK and becomes less attractive to neutral/CHICK character who may be put off.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
And the affinity argument has been going long enough for now, apparently some people are ok with and others, myself included, aren't.

That's fine, i just dislike the fact that i will need to play the game from the beggining at some point to change my major decisions, because it will forcefully lock me out of some paths disregarding every minor choice or relationship point.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
What would she gain by telling the truth? Tommy was pissed at her already, telling him SHE was the reason they needed to ditch the Hell Week party would only make it worse. There's also the possibility Quinn cannot accept the truth (that she has a serious drug problem), and thus is lying to herself as much as she is to Tommy.
But then you are assuming this is all happening off-screen that she is using more drugs than she should be but we've seen no sign of her doing that apart from those times we've seen her doing it. For a plot that big you'd think we'd have at least seen more of this drug use from her.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
And the affinity argument has been going long enough for now, apparently some people are ok with and others, myself included, aren't.

That's fine, i just dislike the fact that i will need to play the game from the beggining at some point to change my major decisions, because it will forcefully lock me out of some paths disregarding every minor choice or relationship point.
AfaIk the game is designed to be played several times to unlock all content. If DPC drops affinity and status system he will come up with another choice system to split the available content into several paths. If you could get all content in one playthrough, it would actually be a Harem game which is not intended.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
AfaIk the game is designed to be played several times to unlock all content. If DPC drops affinity and status system he will come up with another choice system to split the available content into several paths. If you could get all content in one playthrough, it would actually be a Harem game which is not intended.
I didn't say that you need to get all content in a playthrought, my problem is that you will be forced out of a route because you choose an affinity.

For example, in my very first playthrought, I needed play again to change some actions because i was forced out of Maya&Josy path because of affinity, but i was pursuing Maya&Josy path in that playthrought and in the end, it didn't matter all the RP i got with both.

Kz87

Jun 19, 2017
Yeah that reasoning has some flaws, because apparently fucking everyone with tits around you don't matter to the affinity system and to the girls, but beating the crap out of jocks (who were going to beat the crap out of you if you didn't fled) does.
IIRC you can't fuck any sidekick HOTs if you do not agree for Quinn's services, which did matter for affinity services. The same goes to girls from strip club. Only Lily is an exception.

And, also it based on DPC's perception, if you fuck a girl without committing to someone else is not a Dik move unless you pay for sexual services. However, when we establish serious relationship with some of Li's, but fuck someone else, I guess it will start affecting our affinity as well. We will see. M&J are still an open relationship as Maya suggested.

Reactions: Tumai
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes