Igor277

Oct 16, 2018
Hi, at the end of Chap 3, does your choice to go to Derek, Sage or Isabella change something?
Yes, it does, but not critical for now. Choose Bella if like her. Sage if what some points with her and for the HOT girls. Derek if u dont want any of that

Reactions: SpecterX

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I'm going to go against the prevailing sentiment here and say that flashback use should be kept to only useful information. Keep in mind that the content per episode and the amount of episodes are finite. When it's a choice between 2.5K renders of game vs 2K game + 0.5K flashbacks per episode, I choose the former.

The DIK founding flashback had a lot of useful tidbits such as the Tommy/Rusty dynamic and also set up a lot of things - the hell week task board result, Vinny for a possible re-entry into the game, the conversation between MC and Jill re Rusty, the later demolition of what Mr.Burgmiester paid for etc.

The M&J flashback OTOH didn't really do much at all, it didn't influence MC storming out (which already happened) nor have info vital to MC's decision at the end of that chapter. All it set up was essentially the diarrhea joke. That's a lot of render resources that could have been spent elsewhere.

Anything that can be explained in one paragraph (such as a DIK telling us why Vinny dropped out) should be IMO. ATM, I see two useful flashbacks. Jill being bullied/Sister death/first meeting with Bella (assuming they are connected) and a flashback hitting the moment we open the locked room and then fading to the present time to reveal what's inside.
I agree with your general argument: flashbacks should be reserved to show scenes that either convey too much information to be easily summarized, or need to communicate action/emotions/imagery that would be lost in a narration.

I will, however, disagree that the Maya/Josy flashback was a waste. Since their relationship had nearly reached the breaking point, the only way to see the two of them as happy lovers was a flashback. Selling that relationship was a vital part of making the drama of the reveal (and subsequent resolution) work. I think the flashback did its part, so I won't blame it when the rest of Episode 4 failed to stick the landing.

To me, the flashback that felt like a waste was Bella's OMG story. Hopefully that will be relevant again in the future to justify the time spent on it.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Re the M+J flashback, while them getting together could've been described, I feel that it greatly improves the portrayal of the relationship between Maya and Derek which needed a show, don't tell approach to really cement itself, imo.
Agreed. Any future flashbacks also don't have to be too lengthy either. The Bella OMG flashback was only 16 renders and some of the possible flashbacks, like for Sage and Chad's relationship, or about how Maya's Dad found out about her and Josy, could be of similar length and they wouldn't exactly be taking up too of the total render count.

So some can be short and some can be long, it'll just depend on which ones would be most important to the plot in terms of the amount of time and renders they get.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Hi, at the end of Chap 3, does your choice to go to Derek, Sage or Isabella change something?
It affects certain interactions. Staying with Sage gives you a chance to have lots of sex with various HOTs. I don't recall what the Bella route was. Derek's path gives you a chance to visit the Pink Rose and get a little extra lovin', too.
Just for fun, another subject, another debate (not very important, I agree :p) : why is MC still wanting to have his dorm in the Diks house ?
To have a place to call your own. A place to take the girls back to and bang that gong (slowly) all night.

Finally, on the Josy/Maya path, IN WICH FUCK*ING WORLD WOULD YOU WANT TO SLEEP ELSEWHERE THAN HERE :
View attachment 693407 !!!!!!
Eh. Different tastes, man. Neither Josy or Maya are letting you park it in their back door as yet. Riona, Camila, Mona, Melanie, so many other all-access girls to choose from.
I’m looking forward to the moment I can palm off Jill onto Rusty.
Right there with ya.
As a person, she's not terrible, but she's still a raccoon-eyed goblin to me, no matter how nice - I'm still miffed at her for disregarding my wishes and running to the faculty. If she and Rusty can find happiness together, I'm 100% for it. It removes the conflict-of-interest for Bella.

Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
Yes
A significant part of the ep 4 is based on that decison. I would suggest you to play all of those on different saves.
I personally (& many others i guess as well) prefered:
Derek - For Neutral Path​
Sage - For DIK Path​
Bella - For CHICK Path​

My favorite among them was the SAGE Path. It just feels more complete and engaging, plus that Quinn part seals the deal for me :love:.
Also some Riona content is there as well, if you're into her ;)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
My favorite among them was the SAGE Path. It just feels more complete and engaging, plus that Quinn part seals the deal for me :love:.
Also some Riona content is there as well, if you're into her ;)
That's because that path doesn't involve watering so many goddamn plants. o_O

I came here for some sexy fun times, not to learn a lesson in horticulture. :ROFLMAO:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
As of right now, there do not seem to be any long term consequences to the choice. So it's mostly about where the MC will spend off time in Episode 4. Try them all, see which works best.

That said, if you plan to pursue Isabella, I strongly recommend staying with her, even if you need to water all those plants. The Bella path makes vastly more sense if you include her lewd scene in Episode 4.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I think that was just for the humour side of it apart from that it didn't really bring much except for a younger Bella which was also a plus.
Right, but how much of the humor really flowed from the flashback images themselves, rather than just the story? Other than young Bella wearing a literal coconut bra, I can't think of anything.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Right, but how much of the humor really flowed from the flashback images themselves, rather than just the story? Other than young Bella wearing a literal coconut bra, I can't think of anything.
It was more cheesy than anything else the whole OMG thing and the MC and Jill trying not to laugh as Bella told her story. It wasn't the greatest flashback but as it was Bella I'll take it as we got to know a bit more about her.

Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
That's because that path doesn't involve watering so many goddamn plants. o_O

I came her for some sexy fun times, not to learn a lesson in horticulture. :ROFLMAO:
lol :ROFLMAO:
on my first run i made sure to water every plant and goddamn she had so many of them (literally at every single corner o_O)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
As of right now, there do not seem to be any long term consequences to the choice. So it's mostly about where the MC will spend off time in Episode 4. Try them all, see which works best.

That said, if you plan to pursue Isabella, I strongly recommend staying with her, even if you need to water all those plants. The Bella path makes vastly more sense if you include her lewd scene in Episode 4.
There was one slight consequence of staying with Bella, though; getting to play the guitar for her and Jill and seeing that cute little smile on Bella's face when he admits to remembering it was her favourite song.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That was hot. :love:

Last edited:

always86

Mar 19, 2020
I just finished chapter 4 again;

Cathy Cluck Suspects, the following have opportunity but the motive isn’t clear;
Quinn - Playing chess.
Nick - In the Library, where Rusty found the laptop.

Cathy Cluck Suspects, the following have opportunity and a motive
Tommy - to oust Rusty, become the president, freed up to deal with Quinn. I don’t think it’s him.
JohnBoy/ Elena - for Tommy/ Quinn / drugs probably not enough motive.
Heather - would of had access, was only concerned about Tommy, done so She is dating the President not VP. I don’t trust her.
Riona or Camilla (both) - On Quinn’s orders, Quinn wants a distraction to get in the DIKs safe. Nick tells us Rusty was fucking, we know Camilla had left Mona. So, Camilla fucks Rusty, Riona nabs the laptop and takes it to the library to post the picture while Rusty is distracted. Rusty checks phone after finishing with Camilla, Quinn tries to crack the safe. I’m now fairly sure this is what happened.

Another option I’ve talked myself out of The nerds. Possible they were hired by AAAs or Preps to prank the DIKs. this presumes the laptop is a red herring and it was done from outside the house.

I’ve now convinced myself the Riona/ Camilla/ Quinn theory is correct.

Reactions: Yuno Gasai

always86

Mar 19, 2020
JC
Say you return to the college after your birthday
and the entire campus is on fire. Who would you save? (and DPC don't you dare :KEK:)
id say this is just based on looks but it’s also personality, for everyone but Heather
1. Isabella
2. Josy
3. Quinn (Just)
4. Camilla
5. Jade
6. Sarah
7. Heather

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes