lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Guys big boomer here, I already have Being A DIK version 0.4.1 how do i just download the patch instead of the whole thing?
The patch is universal but for some reason only labelled as Mac. Download it, extract it then click through until you find the 'game' folder then put the contents of that into the 'game' folder inside your old BaD folder :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuraii

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
Damn, Sigmund Freud and The Interpretation of Dreams must bow to the subconscious experts we're honoured to have here.

How to turn a simple preview telling an even simpler in-game situation into a dozen of unnecessary speculations.

Maybe it's time to stop overthinking and overanalyzing things every fucking time and to grasp what the image actually says?

It's a DnG game with MC, Jill, Josy, Maya and Sally. For some reasons which we'll discover they found themselves in the same library and decided to give another try at DnG with the nerds, dragging M&J as you like to call them. Is it that difficult?
Lighten up, will you?
Speculations and having these heated debates is what keeps people coming back to this board.
You're more than welcome to contribute or change the subject. No one' stopping you.

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019

This week I've mostly been coding and working on GUI design. I can't spoil what it is that I'm working very hard on, but expect some new features starting in the next episode.

I'm creating something that will take a few weeks to fully complete, but once it's complete it will be future-proof and only need tweaking.

So, I will mostly pose animations and focus on writing code in the upcoming weeks.

My PCs are busy rendering animations (pretty long ones right now) while I spend time coding.

The current status of static renders and animations is as follows:

1550 static renders and 62 animations are complete.

I've playtested what I have to play so far and it's about 3 hours worth of content for one thorough playthrough, but I'm far from finished.

In poll news, the winning option in the cosmetic poll for Josy was option 1. It will be featured in episode 6.

A new poll will start sometime next week.

The Beach Fun special render series is coming to an end next week and I hope you're excited about the final renders. I'm sure you can guess who they will feature.

Today's Beach fun render features Jade. 4k and full HD versions are attached to this post.

Have a nice weekend

----
Damn he might complete episode 6 end of September.

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Lighten up, will you?
Speculations and having these heated debates is what keeps people coming back to this board.
You're more than welcome to contribute or change the subject. No one's stopping you.
I get that this could just be as simple as it seems, but it seems too simple to me, especially when you throw in the fact that there are 3 or possibly even 4 LIs playing this game as it feels like it would add too much drama to the situation, which will eventually need to be resolved (choosing the main LI), but we're still only on ep 6 and it feels too soon for that kind of potential drama where they're all in a room together and letting things slip about their relationship with the MC and/or him with them.

I can just imagine this having a different angle, that's all.

Damn he might complete the game by the end of September.
We can but hope. hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed_1f91e.png

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
potential drama where they're all in a room together and letting things slip about their relationship with the MC and/or him with them.
Thats not drama, thats kafkan hell. Its not drama that would be unleashed there :sneaky:

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
I get that this could just be as simple as it seems, but it seems too simple to me, especially when you throw in the fact that there are 3 or possibly even 4 LIs playing this game as it feels like it would add too much drama to the situation, which will eventually need to be resolved (choosing the main LI), but we're still only on ep 6 and it feels too soon for that kind of potential drama where they're all in a room together and letting things slip about their relationship with the MC and/or him with them.

I can just imagine this having a different angle, that's all.
Don't look at it as choosing the main LI. Look at it as a pretext for starting more drama.
Remember when I said this throuple relationship wasn't going to happen anytime soon?
They'll have to walk to Hell and back before that happens.
Forget about the game giving you well thought out solutions for carefully navigating this relationship and keeping both girls happy. Because you can't get a good story out of that.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Forget about the game giving you well thought out solution for carefully navigating this relationship and keeping both girls happy. Because you can't get a good story out of that.
Unfortunately you are right. All great dramas either kill everyone or puts the protagonist through hell. Thats why i don't wish this game to be a proper drama. Lets get more casual than that and stick with some happy endings please.

Reactions: SPACE_BOOOOOST

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Don't look at it as choosing the main LI. Look at it as a pretext for starting more drama.
Remember when I said this throuple relationship wasn't going to happen anytime soon?
They'll have to walk to Hell and back before that happens.
Forget about the game giving you well thought out solution for carefully navigating this relationship and keeping both girls happy. Because you can't get a good story out of that.
Yeah, that's what it was meaning, that getting 4 LIs involved, especially if you're still with all for them, feels like it would start this drama earlier than seems necessary. We still have potentially 16 episodes and this type of drama could easily be held off until about ep 9 or 10 if this were to end up being the total episode count.

Unfortunately you are right. All great dramas either kill everyone or puts the protagonist through hell. Thats why i don't wish this game to be a proper drama. Lets get more casual than that and stick with some happy endings please.
Another reason why I'd rather this be a dream and not an actual DnG game; let's at least give the MC a drama-free episode where he's not having to do much juggling and navigating of different relationships or be forced into too many interactions with characters that some players aren't pursuing.

• Angry
Reactions: ThePresident451

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I hope as he’s previewed it is because it is going to be a very small aspect of the update akin to the previous role play session. Don’t want it to be a dream, nor do I think the sage outfit aligns with it.

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
Yeah, that's what it was meaning, that getting 4 LIs involved, especially if you're still with all for them, feels like it would start this drama earlier than seems necessary. We still have potentially 16 episodes and this type of drama could easily be held off until about ep 9 or 10 if this were to end up being the total episode count.
When you say 4 LIs, you mean Josie, Maya, Jill and Sage (with the mediaval render) ? Maybe you forgot the Ice Queen who is the monster in DnG. MC will warm her heart playing guitar...

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Damn he might complete the game of end of September.
I think that would be on the optimistic side of things. I posted this a while back.

Just for fun I did some quick sums. Based on various factors I think we are most likely to get chapter 6 on either 16th or the 23rd October 2020. This is based on the production timeline for chapters 4 and 5. (4 took 1 week longer than 5).

That said if we go by chapter one, which, based on the last Acting Lessons post took 60 days we could have a release on 28/07/20 and an average of production time on all 5 chapters would mean 13th September.

Chapters took 60, 85, 104, 147 and 140 days each. I think because of the increased content/ complex animations a time frame of October is probably right. I know that's what most of you were predicting anyway I just thought it would be interesting to look at the numbers.
Obviously July is already gone. The size would suggest it’s more like 4 or 5. I think we’ll get In in October all being well.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I hope as he’s previewed it is because it is going to be a very small aspect of the update akin to the previous role play session. Don’t want it to be a dream, nor do I think the sage outfit aligns with it.
Wizard_Shiryuu pointed out that the pattern Sage is lying on matches one from a medieval style room in another game, so perhaps Sage will be involved as well.

Check this. It's a bed.
View attachment 752722

• Sad
Reactions: Esp``

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Another reason why I'd rather this be a dream and not an actual DnG game; let's at least give the MC a drama-free episode where he's not having to do much juggling and navigating of different relationships or be forced into too many interactions with characters that some players aren't pursuing.
Josy already knew about Jill, I don't think there were any indications of upcoming dramas.

I still think it's too early for jealousy scenes.

if Mc is only a friend to Maya and Josy, the eventual jealousy would not be that positive, but even if they were more than friends Maya's picnic talk puts MC safe (assuming that the relationship with Jill is the current one)

Phynix

Apr 12, 2018
It seems that the only path available in this game is the "harem" path and everything has to involve some drama. It's not like you can cut off M&J and be there just with Jill as your LI. :rolleyes:

Hugh G. Rection

Jan 10, 2020
A dream set in a DnG scenario? Maybe after smoking with Quinn again... :LUL:

I know Sage playing DnG would be weird, but why not Maya & Josy? The MC, Jill, Josy and Maya all studying in the library doesn't seem so strange. 4 friends studying together. And at some point, the Nerds (or just Sally & Magnar) might suggest to take a pause and play DnG to relax. If they persuaded Jill & the MC, they can do it with Maya & Josy as well.

With Sage it would be more difficult... But she loves me, so I think she would play DnG with me. :HideThePain:
Ya know your theory from weeks back when the Sage preview was posted about it being a DnG scene could actually prove to be correct, Mad Lad Nostradamus :D

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It seems that the only path available in this game is the "harem" path and everything has to involve some drama. It's not like you can cut off M&J and be there just with Jill as your LI. :rolleyes:
correct that it is so
that a boy in the first weeks of college is already discarding girls is not credible:D

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
What are you talking about? You can "cut off" all three of them.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes