ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Agreed. Thinking, after reconciling with two people that are dear to you after a big drama, MC can and should leave them moments later lol. You literally going to sleep in the same room together with them while hugging and kissing, having the time of your life.. Then thinking I should leave this blessed room and the people I care for, for some old hag, thinking it makes sense..

Exactly, I'm not even thinking about how this is a game and different paths must offer something interesting etc. You would never do that unless you have a mental disorder or some fucked up psychological problem. Or just the biggest actor in the Bollywood, acting like you care about M&J then leave them moments later.
I absolutely agree... and yet the very next day the MC will still blow off spending the night with Maya and Josy to crash with Bella and Jill, even when he has nothing going with either. Then he can offer to give Cathy a ride home just to automatically turn down a relationship with her.

Honestly, as much as I want to think the MC is taking the relationship with M&J seriously, I think this is pretty much pure game mechanics at work. DPC wants to split the teachers from the M&J path for whatever reason so BOOM! MC misses his one shot with Jade and turns down Cathy. Problem solved.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Did I miss something? Where does this scene come from? :unsure:
If the MC has CHICK affinity (affinity, not status) he can use the shower after their tennis date at the same time as Jill.

After they're done, Jill accidentally peeks at the MC and he has the option to kiss her. IMHO, it's Jill's best scene in the game.

On that note...
Yeah, the scrappy mod now lets you get both the Maya and Josy scenes in ep 5 and lets you carry on the Cathy relationship even if you're with M&J, so maybe they could also do the same for the Jade scene in ep 4.

It's unfortunate, though, that mods are looked to to do these things, not always because people just don't want to miss scenes, but because the scenes shouldn't really be missed in the first place.
I certainly don't want people to miss scenes, but the ability to see different things on each playthrough is the heart of making this a game rather than a novel or video. The ability to miss out on a scene is a necessary part of that. Plus, there's no better feeling than accidentally stumbling into an awesome scene you didn't even know could happen. I'll take that over making all scenes mandatory.

Fortunately, we live in the information age so walkthroughs are readily available.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Holy Bacchus Yes two wrongs don't make a right. How far they went is irrelevant. You make a promise to whatever, religious figure or state marriage, that you will blah blah etc. etc. Whatever the vows consists of. Just because one person cheats doesn't give you the right to screw around.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
I agree that Jill's best look is soaking wet with her hair back. But I prefer scenes where she wasn't just gratuitously groped by the MC.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Jill is always cute to me. No matter when. I like the moment Jill tries to cheer up MC.. and that sweet face of her. :love:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Holy Bacchus Yes two wrongs don't make a right. How far they went is irrelevant. You make a promise to whatever, religious figure or state marriage, that you will blah blah etc. etc. Whatever the vows consists of. Just because one person cheats doesn't give you the right to screw around.
But is the person who's just been deeply emotionally wounded by the actions of their spouse/partner really at fault for a small, brief moment of needed intimacy when in such a vulnerable state? Because to me, in a scenario where one person knowingly, willingly, and possibly even repeatedly cheats, and the person who has been cheated on, upon finding out and being devastated by it, were to kiss someone else in a rash moment of impulse because of their emotional state, the actions of 2nd person are not equivocal to those of the 1st.

It's not to say that this person has any kind of "right to screw around" because the other person has done so, but simply that something as small and insignificant as a kiss that they immediately regretted doing afterwards does not also make them a cheat when that promise/bond/contract of fidelity has already been broken by another.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
I know we're probably going to get bogged down in semantics again and you and I gave gone over this before, but if Bella's husband were to have cheated on her, and then in a moment of vulnerable weakness she and Jill did something as small as make-out, does that really constitute as cheating for her?

Sure, she may still have technically been married, and even now she still wears her ring and considers herself a married woman, but if that's as far as it went with them, does that small indiscretion after her husband possibly did way more with someone else and their marriage was in dire straits as a result really make her a cheat?
I think something that will clarify a lot of what I say on here will be explaining why I have such an issue with cheating.

I'm not religious, I don't care about the "sanctity" of marriage. I'm not a possessive or overwhelmingly jealous person. I'd have no issue with an open or poly-amorous relationship. I have an issue with the dishonesty that comes with infidelity. I value trust above pretty much anything in a relationship... in most things actually. I need to be able to trust my partner and cheating nearly always involves a level of dishonesty I consider it impossible to recover from. It isn't the cheating itself (though I don't like that at all, I have that same gut reaction of hating the idea someone else is with my partner. I'm not into NTR or whatever...) it's the inherent dishonesty that comes with it most of the time.

If what Bella is doing with the MC technically counts as cheating is separate from whether she's breaching trust in a way that would transfer to me were I in a relationship with her. If James has walked out on her and been gone for a long time without any sort of contact there's no (or severely diminished) expectation of fidelity. I wouldn't hold it against Bella for technically cheating by sleeping with someone else because there wouldn't really be any sensible expectation of fidelity provided she from the point of cheating onwards considers the previous relationship dead. Yes being married is an explicit expectation but I hold little value to being married. It's meaningless to me, it's a legal document that shouldn't impart any trust or security to a relationship. If being married creates trust there wasn't full trust to begin with. Ergo, meaningless.

So even with the marriage I feel at some point you stop being in a relationship and no-contact to the degree James has shown is a sensible point for Bella to consider the relationship over thus there wasn't any dishonesty. I could trust that provided I didn't entirely abandon her for years I'd have her fidelity. However, having slept with Jill creates an automatic breach of trust because she still considers herself married as of Ep1. She still considers herself in a relationship. If she cheated with her and continued to believe she is in a relationship she obviously doesn't consider the relationship over. She doesn't consider him gone for so long to be enough to end the relationship so she's breaching trust. She's actively, consciously, engaging in what she knows to be infidelity and I would have every reason to believe she'd do the same to me.

It's why I'm somewhat (very very dubiously) open to Sage as a partner too. She may well not consider what she's doing with the MC infidelity. It's not unreasonable to consider her relationship with Chad dead considering he wont even kiss her, actively avoids all contact and is cheating on her. She would need a damn compelling reason why she didn't just end things (Bella has the excuse of seemingly total no-contact) but there's a sliver of circumstance I could see myself dating her. I could trust that provided I didn't entirely ignore her, refuse to have sex or even kiss her, I would have her fidelity.

Maya and Josy on the other hand breached trust, lied and it spiralled into further lies. They yo-yo'd back and forth between doubting their relationship, regretting infidelity, being on the edge of breaking up but come Ep4 are playing happy families and living together and not mentioning to one another they both fucked the MC. There's no wiggle room there. They knowingly and consciously cheated on their partner and hid it. It then created a whole mess of lies after the initial one (which is part of why I hate lying. Lies beget lies) and it took the MC to reveal the truth. They never proffered it themselves. They may have had reasons for cheating... but that isn't my issue. It's the lying and a total lack of trust that they wouldn't do the same to me.

So to answer your question. No it probably wouldn't be cheating if James cheated on her and she in a moment of weakness slept with Jill... but it is still a dishonest act because her behaviour after the incident (if it happened) was one of someone who didn't consider the relationship over.

Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
I certainly don't want people to miss scenes, but the ability to see different things on each playthrough is the heart of making this a game rather than a novel or video. The ability to miss out on a scene is a necessary part of that. Plus, there's no better feeling than accidentally stumbling into an awesome scene you didn't even know could happen. I'll take that over making all scenes mandatory.

Fortunately, we live in the information age so walkthroughs are readily available.
Many players want even more branching story lines, but I'm on the other side. I would much rather have a game where every scene could be reached in a single play through without needing to save and go back or use a hack/cheat. Variations on the scenes and the ability to skip scenes still makes it more interactive to me than a conventional book or video. Much like the various sexual kinks it's just a matter of personal taste. I do the multiple plays of this game partially because I like it, but also because it isn't finished and we have a long wait between episodes.

Regardless of how we feel about various aspects we get what the developers put out and can choose to enjoy it or look for something else. Obviously most of us are happy enough with this that we're sticking around waiting for more.

Reactions: MarinBladewing

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Wouldn't it break the illusion if you get to bang her in the end? Maybe she really is the finale of the beach series (not the game I hope, I don't want to come around)?
You mean Arieth? Yeah, right now it would be weird to suddenly treat her as a side girl. With a couple of scenes for background it could be enough. I do expect her to have some big role in the future. There's something wrong with her that she wanted to confess to Dawe in episode 3 and she's been avoiding him. I don't think it's the crabs, because she doesn't seem aware of them, or the cheating.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
It never stopped.

For what it's worth, I consider that my final words on the matter. That's a catch all answer to my opinion on infidelity and I'm not gonna sit here and debate my own opinion so... I'm not saying this issue wont ever come up but I'm personally not going to weigh in again on the whole morality of the LI's various shades of cheating.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
However, having slept with Jill creates an automatic breach of trust because she still considers herself married as of Ep1. She still considers herself in a relationship. If she cheated with her and continued to believe she is in a relationship she obviously doesn't consider the relationship over. She doesn't consider him gone for so long to be enough to end the relationship so she's breaching trust. She's actively, consciously, engaging in what she knows to be infidelity and I would have every reason to believe she'd do the same to me.

So to answer your question. No it probably wouldn't be cheating if James cheated on her and she in a moment of weakness slept with Jill... but it is still a dishonest act because her behaviour after the incident (if it happened) was one of someone who didn't consider the relationship over.
Whilst I appreciate you taking the time to explain your views on cheating in such great length, I feel I have to highlight these two points because I'm not saying they slept together, as in had sex, but that if it was anything that it would just have been a singular moment of making out which Bella likely would have pushed back from soon after starting when realising her mistake.

It would not be dishonest of her to have done that whilst in an emotionally vulnerable state and not consider her relationship with her husband to be over because it was a singular and momentary mistake that hasn't been repeated, and for all we know they did try to repair their relationship after that but things have broken down considerably in that attempt since then.

Dec 20, 2019
Many players want even more branching story lines, but I'm on the other side. I would much rather have a game where every scene could be reached in a single play through without needing to save and go back or use a hack/cheat. Variations on the scenes and the ability to skip scenes still makes it more interactive to me than a conventional book or video. Much like the various sexual kinks it's just a matter of personal taste. I do the multiple plays of this game partially because I like it, but also because it isn't finished and we have a long wait between episodes.

Regardless of how we feel about various aspects we get what the developers put out and can choose to enjoy it or look for something else. Obviously most of us are happy enough with this that we're sticking around waiting for more.
Having a predictable ending might make some players quit halfway, especially if it's an ending those players don't like. Devs have to continue keep players engaged and milk their money. That's why they have to creative and resourceful, sometimes adding new mini games and scenes and bonus renders.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes