D

Deleted member 2739658

The path's you follow is important and I think would inform the general conversation better. Through saves I've explored as many of the options that I can, but have a save for my main path, and I'd be interested in hearing from others about their choices.

I named my character Simon, when given a choice I usually name a male MC Simon, it's from Simon Templar, the Saint.

I generally try to maintain a Neutral Affinity and a DIK Status.

As for LI's my main choices are Sage and Josy. I did have an interest in Maya but that passive-aggressive screed in Gender Studies class, as well as the other events in ep4, put an end to that. I don't know if a path to Josy even still exist, but if there is one I'll be hard put to decide between Sage and Josy, though I lean a little Sage. I like Jill but I'm not into her. After seeing the intro to ep5 I'd kinda like to see her wind up with Rusty, I thought they were cute. I have no interest in Bella at all. Of the other women in the game, I really like Jade, I like Camila and Mona, and I like Nichole/Envy. I like Riona but am not interested in sex with her. I loathe Quinn and wouldn't even fuck her with a dirty stick.

Of the major choices I've made that effect relationships.

- I didn't pay for Maya's lunch -1rp
- I slept with Josy
- I stayed at the party and danced with Sage
- I stayed with Sage
- I chose just to be friends with M&J, though at that time if given the option I would have told them both to get fucked.
- I fought Dawe, the Alpha's, and Caleb.
- I erased the Jade video
- I didn't punch Tybalt
- I have prioritized Sage and Josy rp's, I think I may have gotten them all

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Only if you are there. Not forced into a Sage path at all.

Again, people need to get over it. This is a story where you are railroaded. It's a story with a start, middle and definitive end. Your choice is illusion only. every single branching path game is like this. Even from multimillion dollar AAA studios.

Understand this. You have limited degree to tailor it to your preferance, but you will end up in the same place, otherwise he would be writing 50 different stories for the next 20 years. There is one story, one end and there will be minor differences in playthroughs.

Why can people not get this into their heads?
I agree with you
and in the end we will tell if we liked this story or not

but this idea leads me to think that what happens in any path is always "enough" universal anyway

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Only if you are there. Not forced into a Sage path at all.

Again, people need to get over it. This is a story where you are railroaded. It's a story with a start, middle and definitive end. Your choice is illusion only. every single branching path game is like this. Even from multimillion dollar AAA studios.

Understand this. You have limited degree to tailor it to your preferance, but you will end up in the same place, otherwise he would be writing 50 different stories for the next 20 years. There is one story, one end and there will be minor differences in playthroughs.

Why can people not get this into their heads?
Exactly. It's just as I've been saying with regards to if something major happens to the MC that potentially upends his life in a negative way, that if such a thing were to happen it would be because this is what the story truly is and that all the various relationships along the way are just variables on a single set track for the overarching narrative. We don't have the power to stop certain things happening to the MC because we're not in total control of the story, we're just in control of certain things about him.

Sep 22, 2017
I'm sure everyone has forgotten that by now, right? Right? :HideThePain:
Nobody remembers the poor dude running around naked like some bloody creeping perv or anything.. Such a cool guy we play. Was that a trash can top? Can i just please cry?
Oh please, if I was that well-endowed I wouldn't even bother wearing pants most of the time. Nothing embarrassing about having a third leg. :BootyTime:

Traitus

Aug 6, 2017
Jill knows the MC dated Josy, but that's about it. None of the other LIs have any reason to suspect anything about each other, although that might change with this DnG game in ep 6. Bella certainly doesn't know about Sage, Maya, or Josy, Sage doesn't know about Jill, Maya, Josy, or Bella, Maya doesn't know about Sage or Bella but might know about Jill if Josy told her, and I guarantee none of them know about Riona, Camila, Sarah, Melanie, and Quinn if you had sex with any of them because they're a tight-knit group that's doing something they shouldn't, so they're not going to spread that around with people outside the group.
Sage also knows about Jill. She post in the cluck where Tybald flag MC's as spam. Maybe not all the details but she knows about the date.

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
I have, and I do not share your opinion. The relentless, brutal drama in the last quarter of that game was damn near sadistic. I can accept a story going dark, but that's not an excuse to revel in said darkness.

Suffice it to say, Acting Lessons is the single biggest concern I have with Being a DIK.
Fair. I wasn't a huge fan of the 'fatal attraction' thing in AL, but I thought 'the choice' and the whole cancer storyline were done fairly well. To each their own, though.

That said... I think it's a bit strange to see people saying in previous pages in this thread that they'll be upset if BaDIK takes a dark turn. I mean, the game STARTS with a 'if you're in a dark place, don't play this!" disclaimer. Things are obviously going to get dark at some point. I don't know if it'll be 'crazy killer' AL dark or 'My Name is Luna' levels of dark, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Fair. I wasn't a huge fan of the 'fatal attraction' thing in AL, but I thought 'the choice' and the whole cancer storyline were done fairly well. To each their own, though.

That said... I think it's a bit strange to see people saying in previous pages in this thread that they'll be upset if BaDIK takes a dark turn. I mean, the game STARTS with a 'if you're in a dark place, don't play this!" disclaimer. Things are obviously going to get dark at some point. I don't know if it'll be 'crazy killer' AL dark or 'My Name is Luna' levels of dark, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Crap, and here I am with my lights out :ROFLMAO: .

That is true, but the game is way lighter than AL. AL was dark since the begginning, it started with a robbery after all, the cancer subplot... Even if things start going wrong in BADIK I doubt they would reach AL levels.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
is there any status update ? respect.
From last Friday:

This week I've mostly been posing static renders and writing dialogue.

1845 static renders and 74 animations are completed.

The render queue has 180 static renders and 18 animations waiting for their turn to render. What this means is that episode 6 currently consists of 2025 renders and 92 animations when everything in the queue has been rendered.

Hitting the 2000 render mark and realizing that I have much left to pose makes me wonder how big this update is going to be. Normally, I would feel it's close to being complete around 2000 renders, but not this time.

My gut feeling is telling me that we, for the first time, will venture into 3000+ renders in an update. And looking at the animation count, I know it's not done yet either.

I have plenty of scenes and a handful of lewd events left to write and pose for. I know I want ~30 animations for just one particular lewd scene among the ones that are left.

What I want to have said with this, is that seeing these huge numbers doesn't mean we're that close yet. Don't let that stop you from feeling excited about this being a big episode, but know that there's quite some time left before release despite the numbers I will post in my status updates from here on.

Other news

As I've said in the past, I always strive to learn new things. It doesn't matter what it is, as long as it's new and helps the development somehow.

Last week I studied and learned techniques that will make the manual process of posing animations much faster for me. While also having the added benefit to enable poses and animation types I had difficulty making before. These techniques are so useful that they have changed my entire workflow for making animations. And that is a workflow that I've been improving since I started making games.

I'm super excited about using this new workflow and I will be spending the better part of the upcoming week posing animations for episode 6, trying to master it.

Poll news
In poll news, the "Special render - Main girl" poll has ended. It was a split result, with Sage winning the $10 poll and Isabella winning $15/25/30 polls. All in all, Isabella was the winner and will get a Special render set in Episode 6. I'll make sure to post a preview of it after I have made it.

I will wait a bit before posting any more polls because I need to think about what's left to vote on. I know I want some kind of animation poll, so I turned this post into a survey to see what you prefer to vote on.

Please vote on everything you'd like to see polls for and I will take the result of this survey into consideration for my next, but also future animation polls.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
View attachment 771756
Check the thread tomorrow for the next status update.

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
I'm looking forward to seeing what Tommy' reaction will be when he finds about about MC and Josy. Don't think that will be a bro-fist moment ....
A face-fist, definitely a face-fist moment. Which may or may not lead up to more facefisting, as well as an intense exchange of profanities and expletives.

Reactions: OneShotKiller

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
A face-fist, definitely a face-fist moment. Which may or may not lead up to more facefisting, as well as an intense exchange of profanities and expletives.
Yeah, but if you can rock that giant mountain of muscle that is Caleb ..... what hope does Tommy have really .... unless he's a dirty fighter, didn't Dawe even kick his ass? Wasn't sure if it was just a straight fight with those two or if the other jocks piled in to beat Tommy? It wasn't clear to me.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Probably, but that's not what they were discussing.

Quinn sells to the Jocks and they had a big order she was going to fulfill, but then Chad attacked the MC and the college put the Jocks under surveillance, so Dawe went to Quinn to back out of the deal since they're being watched and it would be risky. That's why Quinn arranged the thing with the Preps as a way to try and recoup her losses.

So them meeting had nothing to do with the Cathy pic.

Reactions: Ploate
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes