Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I can't believe you'd actually answer that "there's no way anybody could reasonably be expected to interpret that . . ." This is why I don't want to argue with you. You are either intentionally refusing to recognize the meaning of simple words, or you just honestly don't understand. Either way it's pointless to argue with you. But you just won't go away and let me chat with other people. We are not going to agree. And I'm getting tired of the personal attacks.
Because nobody would. Who in their right mind would ever expect sorority girls to have to whore themselves out in order to get a free ride with their tuition? It's a completely unreasonable expectation, and knowing that Quinn likes to be edgy and provocative, the only way anybody in that situation could possibly interpret her words are that Quinn is simply being Quinn and nothing more than that.

Also, if you want to "chat" with other people alone, send them a PM, because right now you're in a public thread and everything here is an open discussion that can be joined by anybody. Or better yet, why not go here and join all the other sourpusses.

Even if she took it as more than a throway comment she'd probably assume it as promoting promiscuity of the hots party sorority not making a bizarre leap to prostitution.
Exactly. It's an incredibly wild and unbelievable leap to expect Maya to interpret that line as meaning that she understands she has to whore herself out for the tuition. It's deliberately ambiguous as well as being in-line with Quinn's provocative nature that she could easily dismiss it as nothing more than a colourful turn of phrase.

Reactions: flippityflop

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Your English is just fine, don't worry about. Secondly, as someone who thought AL was average at best, we shall have to agree to disagree there.

Thus on that, DPC has made one game so there is no proof of anything. This comes up time and time again. One previous title is not proof of anything, no pattern, no particular style etc. If he had made 5 similar games, then yes but he hasn't.
I thought Acting Lessons was very promising. Despite the furore about the big choice my main issues were with how on the rails it was after that. So i'm keeping my fingers crossed that the final mile of DIK is not of the same pattern

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I thought Acting Lessons was very promising. Despite the furore about the big choice my main issues were with how on the rails it was after that. So i'm keeping my fingers crossed that the final mile of DIK is not of the same pattern
Being "on rails" isn't something these games and VNs can really avoid because there generally has to be some level of a connective throughline. So while there may be options in what relationship(s) you can get involved in that determines who you end up with, these will just provide variety in an otherwise linear story.

What devs can do, however, is make certain things avoidable which is what the fundamental issue with AL was because we were all forced into that house fire and stalker Leah stuff, but if that had been avoidable through making different choices then perhaps the consensus of that game would have been better. This is where I hope DPC will do better, that if there is something tragic that could befall any of the main characters, that we can avoid it this time by making certain choices rather than be forced into it. I don't mind if the story follows a similar track, like getting roped into dealing with and ultimately dismantling Quinn's operation, so long as we have the option to not let something bad happen to a character and to the MC.

When I saw how many new pages the thread got since the last time I logged on my eyes lit up because I thought it had something to do with the weekly update. My imagination ran wild with the possibilities. What could it be? Is it a new preview that finally settles what the purpose of D&G will be in EP6? Did DPC release an animation to showcase that new posing method mentioned in a previous update? Did he just give an actual release date perhaps?

Nah, it's just some self-proclaimed investigator who couldn't find a clue if it was duct-taped to his forehead armed with the natural talent of pissing everyone off with his condescending and arrogant attitude.
Brilliant. (y) :ROFLMAO:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Take over? No.
Become her partner in crime and rule over the entire campus with an iron fist? Umm... yes?
But then again, I think Quinn is graduating at the end of the year. Wouldn't be as fun with her out of the picture. So, yeah, pass.
I think Quinn's got one more year left, but she'll either be in jail or have done a 180 by the end of the game so there will be no more drugs and prostitution coming from the HOTs.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I think Quinn's got one more year left, but she'll either be in jail or have done a 180 by the end of the game so there will be no more drugs and prostitution coming from the HOTs.
I don't necessarily want it to be that black and white. I think prostitution is rather a house of cards so helping Quinn find a safe way out of that is something i can get behind. college life is rife with drug use so i don't necessarily see why that has to be exposed/she has to abandon drugs completely. If the dealer ends up being some major antagonist with an ulterior agenda there may be rationale in ending him i suppose.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I don't necessarily want it to be that black and white. I think prostitution is rather a house of cards so helping Quinn find a safe way out of that is something i can get behind. college life is rife with drug use so i don't necessarily see why that has to be exposed/she has to abandon drugs completely. If the dealer ends up being some major antagonist with an ulterior agenda there may be rationale in that.
She won't necessarily stop using drugs, a little bit of pot never hurt anyone, but if there is a redemption path (which I hope there is) then her days of selling drugs and girls should be over.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes