Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
and he said this
Joking aside, I hope you enjoy the game. I worked my ass off to create this and boy this is expensive.
Well, to be fair, let's put some context into that direct DPC post. That post was made waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when DPC was still semi-regularly visiting here, well before he got fed up with whatever reason he had in his mind and left. People are allowed to change their mind as time and circumstances evolve. To use that ancient quote now to criticize his current stand is a little disingenuous.

TBH who read the rules? Its like reading the terms and agreement.
The fact that a person didn't read the rules doesn't absolve them from the responsibility of following the rules.

Hey Holy Bacchus! See? I know how to use "they" or "them" to refer to a single person! :p

Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Joking aside, I hope you enjoy the game. I worked my ass off to create this and boy this is expensive.

I need funding to complete this project.

If you can't afford to donate on Patreon, you can still show support by liking or reviewing the game.

Cheers
So, I was a Major DIK pat supporter and I got banned from supporting DrPinkCake. I was chatting to someone on Discord about where I had first found his game on F95 Zone then became a supporter. I was warned about using "bad words". I spoke in chat several times unaware of what "bad words" I had used. I found out I said "F95 Zone" 3x and was kicked from Discord then banned from supporting DrPinkCake. I still believe in his work and would like to continue to support him. Could someone reach out to him to get this silly ban rectified? Thx guys.
DPC should be paying this site royalties for the number of people who discover the game here before becoming patrons. This site is the most valuable marketing tool for them and yet they despise it with a red hot passion.
1600269777739.png

fr tho, love his work but gotta admit he's too strict with these "rules", considering most of his patreons are because of this site.

Lusikun

Sep 8, 2018
View attachment 818806

fr tho, love his work but gotta admit he's too strict with these "rules", considering most of his patreons are because of this site.
I think so he is banning people now because he doesn't want to lose money because his discord is basically patrons (that don't know about F95) only and they might switch over to F95 to play his games for free instead of paying. He will basically make less money if people don't buy his patron anymore.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
He doing it because this is his day job, He's actual Job. You would not be happy if you would work for free . so cut the bullshit, He does not owe anyone anything for free, He has a private, exclusive discord, a VIP room, if it's more simple for you , He own the palace, he makes rules there, and if you break it, your kicked out. Not knowing the rules does not give you free pass!!!

in this VIP room, He not tolerate, piracy talk in any form. and HE is not an asshole for it. HE is an independent developer, investing his own money to make something , It's not asshole move of him for not liking that if its spreading around free.

He could take legal action against this site with among many other developers , But he doesn't, because he is not asshole and not fool, He knew that in some degree piracy can be beneficial, "the word of mouth" is a powerful tool . everyone can be a potential buyer.

But in his own VIP place, he not tolerating this. while the privacy can be beneficial in some degree, in a case of an independent, solo developer, its also can be very very hurtful. The game is out here literally the moment he uploads it, now imagine it if everyone stop paying for it because it's free.

Yeah, that for a person like him is devastating.
for EA, ubisoft, or even Hollywood, hundreds or thousands pirate, is still nothing, and yet they are the one who are greedy!
I'm sorry but I think you guys are wrong here, vast majority of us here are playing the game for free. The least we can do is not talk shit about the Developer, regarding of this way. :cool:

always86

Mar 19, 2020
So, I was a Major DIK pat supporter and I got banned from supporting DrPinkCake. I was chatting to someone on Discord about where I had first found his game on F95 Zone then became a supporter. I was warned about using "bad words". I spoke in chat several times unaware of what "bad words" I had used. I found out I said "F95 Zone" 3x and was kicked from Discord then banned from supporting DrPinkCake. I still believe in his work and would like to continue to support him. Could someone reach out to him to get this silly ban rectified? Thx guys.
Banning you from Discord is one thing. Banning you from Patreon is fucking stupid. I get that he wants people to pay for the game. You cheapskates on here should all at least buy on steam.

That said the guy has 8k Patreons, he must be making somewhere between $40k and $80k per month. This thread keeps me interested and engaged with the game, and is the only reason I am a Patreon. He is now in the top 50 Patreons that are currently active of any genre, and 8th in Adult Games.

DPC should be paying this site royalties for the number of people who discover the game here before becoming patrons. This site is the most valuable marketing tool for them and yet they despise it with a red hot passion.
I get that there are probably thousands of people who use the link here to get the game for free. They should all buy on steam or toss his Patreon $10. But it’s not a coincidence that this thread has had over 2k pages in 2020 and 700 since the last episode went live. Meanwhile his Patreon more than doubled. It’s the only platform with a truly active community discussing the most recent version of the game. His Discord (like most discord channels) is dull and all it seems to be is a series of people saying good morning and good night.

people are just lazy ... or stupid
View attachment 818687
Regardless off if the rules should have been read, it’s a stupid rule and even If it were a sensible rule it’s still stupid to ban him from Patreon and not just discord. Now what choice does he have but to become part of the problem.

I just did. My eyes didn't melt, my brain didn't explode. Imagine that.
Are you on his Discord? If so had you read them before this conversation?

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
He doing it because this is his day job, He's actual Job. You would not be happy if you would work for free . so cut the bullshit, He does not owe anyone anything for free, He has a private, exclusive discord, a VIP room, if it's more simple for you , He own the palace, he makes rules there, and if you break it, your kicked out. Not knowing the rules does not give you free pass!!!

in this VIP room, He not tolerate, piracy talk in any form. and HE is not an asshole for it. HE is an independent developer, investing his own money to make something , It's not asshole move of him for not liking that if its spreading around free.

He could take legal action against this site with among many other developers , But he doesn't, because he is not asshole and not fool, He knew that in some degree piracy can be beneficial, "the word of mouth" is a powerful tool . everyone can be a potential buyer.

But in his own VIP place, he not tolerating this. while the privacy can be beneficial in some degree, in a case of an independent, solo developer, its also can be very very hurtful. The game is out here literally the moment he uploads it, now imagine it if everyone stop paying for it because it's free.

for EA, ubisoft, or even Hollywood, hundreds or thousands pirate, is still nothing, and yet they are the one who are greedy!
I'm sorry but I think you guys are wrong here, vast majority of us here are playing the game for free. The least we can do is not talk shit about the Developer, regarding of this way. :cool:
Agree with you on Discord. Blocking the dude on Patreon is like not letting a guy into a strip club because he lives in a ghetto though

Reactions: Kero888@ and Jarul

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
"But it’s not a coincidence that this thread has had over 2k pages in 2020 and 700 since the last episode went live. Meanwhile his Patreon more than doubled. It’s the only platform with a truly active community discussing the most recent version of the game "

Dude really?. this place usually have the same 20 user, plus- minus , some newbie time to time, asking about the next update. Jill, Royce user, itself, post 10-15 post a day, with the same Jill photos all the time. :ROFLMAO: it is an active place because of the same users, and with usually the same old conversations. it is not much of a different form a discord, but instead of "good morning ". we saying the same stuff over and over again

I don't think this place can be seen as a measure.
as for how much he makes , we don't know,. and we don't know how costy the game is , and top of that his real life expense. so we don't know the actual profit, peoples here assume he is swimming in money like Dagobert , but I honestly doubt it.
and because of this assumption there is an obvious bitterness feeling toward him. therefore some people's take any small controversial just to make a negative opinion of him.

as long as he does not allow patreon to dictate how the story progress, I dont care about this minor issues!

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
"But it’s not a coincidence that this thread has had over 2k pages in 2020 and 700 since the last episode went live. Meanwhile his Patreon more than doubled. It’s the only platform with a truly active community discussing the most recent version of the game "

Dude really?. this place usually have the same 20 user, plus- minus , some newbie time to time, asking about the next update. Jill, Royce user, itself, post 10-15 post a day, with the same Jill photos all the time. :ROFLMAO: it is an active place because of the same users, and with usually the same old conversations. it is not much of a different form a discord, but instead of "good morning ". we saying the same stuff over and over again

I don't think this place can be seen as a measure.
as for how much he makes , we don't know,. and we don't know how costy the game is , and top of that his real life expense. so we don't know the actual profit, peoples here assume he is swimming in money like Dagobert , but I honestly doubt it.
and because of this assumption there is an obvious bitterness feeling toward him. therefore some people's take any small controversial just to make a negative opinion of him.

as long as he does not allow patreon to dictate how the story progress, I dont care about this minor issues!
hey man it is what it is.

• Haha
Reactions: ChipLecsap

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

It's not like the guy was wildly singing the praises of this site and trying to encourage his patrons to drop their pledges and come here to get the game instead. According to what dekeon1969 said, and we only have their side of the story to go on here, it was a casual mention when discussing how they became a patron. Yes, they mentioned the site and it's against the rules, but it sounds completely harmless and all DPC really had to do was remind them of the rules and maybe even thank them for their patronage.

Clearly DPC has gotten to the stage where they're not worried about losing one person paying $15 a month, but it was still harsh and excessive for something so minor.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Agree with you on Discord. Blocking the dude on Patreon is like not letting a guy into a strip club because he lives in a ghetto though
to be honest I'm not sure if I buy this, I mean if I believe the person. :ROFLMAO: . all I have is his word.
This also may be can be some system conflict. His discord is patreon only, may it's back and forth system. if you banned from discord you automatically banned on patreon, maybe it's a system fault. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: CynicalBstrd

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
It's not like the guy was wildly singing the praises of this site and trying to encourage his patrons to drop their pledges and come here to get the game instead. According to what dekeon1969 said, and we only have their side of the story to go on here, it was a casual mention when discussing how they became a patron. Yes, they mentioned the site and it's against the rules, but it sounds completely harmless and all DPC really had to do was remind them of the rules and maybe even thank them for their patronage.

Clearly DPC has gotten to the stage where they're not worried about losing one person paying $15 a month, but it was still harsh and excessive for something so minor.
" I was warned about using "bad words". I spoke in chat several times unaware of what "bad words" I had used. I found out I said "F95 Zone" 3x "

maybe, he should just ask what bad word did He used:LOL:. My comments here were deleted without warning, in this place there is a more power hungry moderator

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
" I was warned about using "bad words". I spoke in chat several times unaware of what "bad words" I had used. I found out I said "F95 Zone" 3x "

maybe, he should just ask what bad word did He used:LOL:. My comments here were deleted without warning, in this place there is a more power hungry moderator
And that's incredibly vague. If they had said "pirate sites are bad words here", or "we don't mention pirate sites, please check the rules", that might have been better. "Bad words" typically means something else so it's easy to see the confusion, and yes, they could have asked for clarification so that's on them, but DPC or other mods could have been more clear in the first instance.

Phynix

Apr 12, 2018
And that's incredibly vague. If they had said "pirate sites are bad words here", or "we don't mention pirate sites, please check the rules", that might have been better. "Bad words" typically means something else so it's easy to see the confusion, and yes, they could have asked for clarification so that's on them, but DPC or other mods could have been more clear in the first instance.
The rule clearly says "don't mention pirate sites", how is that vague? If he didn't realize that this is a pirate site or didn't read the rules, then it's his own damn fault. Yes, there are creators who give you a slap on the wrist as a warning, but that doesn't mean it applies or should apply everywhere.

Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
i see things are getting a bit heated over here.
lemme bring back some relevancy & remind y'all about our one true goal.
screenshot0008.png screenshot0010.png
#BringBackKRJ

screenshot0002.png

let us just relax :)
we all here because we love his work.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Erm
DPC's Discord rules said:
1. No spamming
2. Don't chat about/link to anything against Discord ToS, such as sexualized jailbait/loli/shota/beastiality/scat
3. No talk about piracy (no mentioning of pirate sites forum etc)
4. Do not harass anyone. Be respectful. Toxic behavior isn't allowed in any way.
5. No advertisement
6. Respect our Admins and Moderators, their decisions are final
7. Being A DIK is not an Android game. Don't ask or bring your problems about it here.
8. Don't ask about updates, the game is released when it's ready, check the weekly Status update on patreon.com/DrPinkCake for information.
9. This is an English-only server.
10. Stay on-topic in the respective channels
11. Don't talk about cheats/mods to DrPinkCake's games.
12. Topics like politics/religion/wars/catastrophes etc. don't belong on this server.
Note rule 3.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes