DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Tommy & Rusty are now 3rd year students not 4th. They started DIK with Nick & Vinny in year 1 (while Sage & Tybalt were already presidents in their 2nd year). Jacob, JB, Jamie, & Leon joined in Year 2. MC & Derek are the Year 3 guys.

4th year - Sage, Tybalt
3rd year - Tommy, Rusty, Nick, Vinny, Jill
2nd year - Jacob, JB, Jamie, Leon
1st year - MC, Derek
This is pretty much how I interpreted things.

Esp``

Aug 21, 2019
Seriously guys 3 pages of debate over whether Sage's route will just expire midway through the game because she's a senior?

We're 6 episodes in, out of a possible 12-20 I believe was the estimate, and we're like 1 month in.

Have I missed something here or are you guys just talking for the sake of talking again? :p
Sage says she has 2 years so I thought she was junior but Heater calls her a senior. Yeah, this talk especially is much more absurd than the usual.

Also I agree, I doubt we will see the game progressing more than a school year plotwise. Maybe the endings can be shown as a time-jump. I mean just look at how much in game time has passed in 5 episodes. Its insane to close of routes because someone will graduate 1 or 2 years earlier lol. Other than that I think game will finish at summer holiday at the furthest.

Doc Pink Cake make an interesting comment on his Patreon page:

"Most likely 4 episodes in Season 2 and there will at least be a Season 3 as well. Cheers."
I don't know if that patreon comment exists or legit (?) but if so it seems different than the past. DPC feeling burnout? Doesn't want to drag on the story ? I mean 3 seasons mean 12EP which fits between 10-20 technically but I thought he was planning for more. I have no idea, does DPC said anything else about future of the game recently?

I guess even 3 season plan makes the ending years away but still I expected more, I like having this game around in the corner of my head.

Last edited:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I'm sure DPC is going to do an epilogue showing what happens to each of the important characters and maybe some side characters too. Most of the college comedy movies that he is a fan of put that in either before or during the credits. That's definitely going to hit the player right in the feels (even without a fire). After investing years into these characters, it really will seem like you're leaving your school friends behind. *sob*Derek. But, at least we'll have his next project to look forward to. I can only imagine what genre he'll tackle next. Until then, we still have quite a bit of BaDIK content left!

Feb 13, 2020
Isn't Heather in the same year than tommy and rusty ? Since we can see Tommy and her kinda insulting each other in the flashback where rusty got rejected by the preps( she even is in a wheelchair ( probably the one on the DIK's mansion's rooftop) because she got both her legs broken)).

I'm confused; a semester is 6 months in calendar time and about 4 months school time. So the school year start in September and end in April ? What about the last 4 months ?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm sure DPC is going to do an epilogue showing what happens to each of the important characters and maybe some side characters too. Most of the college comedy movies that he is a fan of put that in either before or during the credits. That's definitely going to hit the player right in the feels (even without a fire). After investing years into these characters, it really will seem like you're leaving your school friends behind. *sob*Derek. But, at least we'll have his next project to look forward to. I can only imagine what genre he'll tackle next. Until then, we still have quite a bit of BaDIK content left!
I think not, and in some ways I hope not.

they are 20 years old, they have their whole life ahead of them, postcards from the future have little meaning, perhaps even for the MC.

if lemonfreak is right, and the game ends with the Christmas holidays, the "perfect" closing would be the family Christmas dinner with the "new girl", good luck for their future but without anticipation.

as an ending, it's not perfect for Bella and M&J ....

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I don't know if that patreon comment exists or legit (?) but if so it seems different than the past. DPC feeling burnout? Doesn't want to drag on the story ? I mean 3 seasons mean 12EP which fits between 10-20 technically but I thought he was planning for more. I have no idea, does DPC said anything else about future of the game recently?

I guess even 3 season plan makes the ending years away but still I expected more, I like having this game around in the corner of my head.
If DPC has indeed said that 10 episodes is a possibility, then I can think of 2 reasons why they might be saying this:
  1. They're purposely condensing the story in order to make less episodes than initially speculated, possibly due to burnout, not wanting to spend so many years on this one game, or they have another game idea they want to start developing.
  2. The condensing has simply happened naturally as they've developed the story and realised they don't need as many episodes.
At the end of the day, as much as I'm sure we'd all like to see this game carry on for 12, 16, or even 20 episodes, we have to remember that this is one person making the game, and if they don't want to spend the next 4+ years working on this one game, then they don't have to if they don't think they need to.

The fact that Ep 6 is so huge and promises 4-6 hours for completion of one playthrough makes me think that we could be getting 2-3 episodes worth of content condensed into 1 and could mean that we'll get less episodes than anticipated.

Every day that passes we are closer, what do you think the DPC will talk about in the update status of Friday ?
Probably that beta testing has started and that it could take up to 2 weeks, as they've said before. Doubtful we'll get anything concrete in terms of release date.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If DPC has indeed said that 10 episodes is a possibility, then I can think of 2 reasons why they might be saying this:
  1. They're purposely condensing the story in order to make less episodes than initially speculated, possibly due to burnout, not wanting to spend so many years on this one game, or they have another game idea they want to start developing.
  2. The condensing has simply happened naturally as they've developed the story and realised they don't need as many episodes.
At the end of the day, as much as I'm sure we'd all like to see this game carry on for 12, 16, or even 20 episodes, we have to remember that this is one person making the game, and if they don't want to spend the next 4+ years working on this one game, then they don't have to if they don't think they need to.

The fact that Ep 6 is so huge and promises 4-6 hours for completion of one playthrough makes me think that we could be getting 2-3 episodes worth of content condensed into 1 and could mean that we'll get less episodes than anticipated.
my hope is that it is above all the fact of having larger chapters that has given the idea of reducing the number.

any other motivation would be negative, cutting and hastening is never healthy for the plot

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Sage says she has 2 years so I thought she was junior but Heater calls her a senior. Yeah, this talk especially is much more absurd than the usual.

Also I agree, I doubt we will see the game progressing more than a school year plotwise. Maybe the endings can be shown as a time-jump. I mean just look at how much in game time has passed in 5 episodes. Its insane to close of routes because someone will graduate 1 or 2 years earlier lol. Other than that I think game will finish at summer holiday at the furthest.

He could be worried about the stability of the platform too. P lost a major judicial decision earlier this year and that drama is hardly over yet. Or maybe he has another idea for a story in his head right now. Or maybe he's changed his mind, the post I saw was a reply to a comments argument, and I still don't remember what it was about, but until there's an official announcement from DPC none of us really know. This is all just speculation.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
I’d love to see 20 episodes, if I could have them in the space of a couple of years. But even if he is able to continue at a rate of 3 a year we’re already talking 2 years just to get to episode 12. That’s 4.5 years to get to 20. That’s a total dev time of 6.5 years.

If he can speed his production up or is willing to use his funds to hire help that would be great but I don’t see it happening. He is a perfectionist. I also understand that managing other people may simply stress him out more than just working on things himself.

DPC said in the past he had the main plot points planned out. Would be curious to see how just how many he’s hit so far. Seems to me that with only 2 weeks having past in the game, things might be taking longer to happen than he anticipated.

I for one hope he get’s this story finished, be that in 12 or 20 episodes, before he starts focussing on anything else. I don’t like when ‘patreon’ game produces have more than one title on the go.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
if lemonfreak is right, and the game ends with the Christmas holidays, the "perfect" closing would be the family Christmas dinner with the "new girl", good luck for their future but without anticipation.
Why would a academic year go only about 6 month ?
IIRC DPC is from sweden right? I have assumed he has taken their academic year as model, which is similiar to ours, meaning seperated in a first half, from end of august until christmas and the second half, from new year to june.

At least in my opinion that would a pretty shitty ending, for all who choose a chick run, for a dik run that would actually fitting thought.

they are 20 years old, they have their whole life ahead of them, postcards from the future have little meaning, perhaps even for the MC.
Why postcards?
U could show MC+LI with timeskips in between, that is a good solution if done right.

iDearz

Oct 21, 2018
I left since the update that came during the lockdown can someone give me a small update on whats going on. If im not wrong nothing was released ? I came back hoping that we would have a new update

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
I left since the update that came during the lockdown can someone give me a small update on whats going on. If im not wrong nothing was released ? I came back hoping that we would have a new update
Episode sixth will be realesed in november. Probably mid of the month.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes