always86

Mar 19, 2020
Tommy & Rusty are now 3rd year students not 4th. They started DIK with Nick & Vinny in year 1 (while Sage & Tybalt were already presidents in their 2nd year). Jacob, JB, Jamie, & Leon joined in Year 2. MC & Derek are the Year 3 guys.

4th year - Sage, Tybalt
3rd year - Tommy, Rusty, Nick, Vinny, Jill
2nd year - Jacob, JB, Jamie, Leon
1st year - MC, Derek
This broadly makes sense. Possible exception for Jill. During the conversation with Josy she implies she has put off the class they are in for as long as possible. Doesn’t that suggest she’s in her 4th (or final) year as well?

Tommy claims "we're not accepting more and we're not accepting less" at the start of the cum-petition but yes, it's a line that directly follows the "pairwise testing" one so technically it doesn't mean there can only be one pair a year, that's true.

This really just reaffirms the need for an official codex because so much is not stated clearly and we end up debating semantics.
DIKs have to pass hell week in pairs. In other words you could have six pairs so 12 guys attempting to pass hell week. But either both of a pair pass or neither do. So the minimum to qualify is two. Then it would be 4, 6, 8, 10, 12.

Last edited:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
This broadly makes sense. Possible exception for Jill. During the conversation with Josy she implies she has put off the class they are in for as long as possible. Doesn’t that suggest she’s in her 4th (or final) year as well?
Jill's EXACT words in that very sentence was "No, I'm a third-year student. I've just been postponing this class for as long as possible."

Reactions: SoraNiUteba
Sep 22, 2017
Not necessarily, putting it off as long as possible just means there can be no more delay. That could simply be because it's a prerequisite for another class (if that's even a thing in the US or in Sweden too, I'm getting paranoid at this point) and not taking it now would mean she wouldn't be able to finish her studies in time. That said, I somehow doubt DPC went this much into detail when writing that scene.:D
DIKs have to pass hell week in pairs. In other words you could have six pairs so 12 guys attempting to pass hell week. But either both of a pair pass or neither do. So the minimum to qualify is two. Then it would be 4, 6, 8, 10, 12.
Yeah, the upper limit isn't specifically stated either so maybe you're right about the possibility of having 3,4,5,6 pairs and maybe you aren't, it's not clarified. Thing is, we're gradually being told about the exact rules of the joining process, up until the start of episode 5 everyone was under the assumption that every task had to be completed in order for someone to pass. We probably still don't have the whole picture.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Tommy claims "we're not accepting more and we're not accepting less" at the start of the cum-petition but yes, it's a line that directly follows the "pairwise testing" one so technically it doesn't mean there can only be one pair a year, that's true.

This really just reaffirms the need for an official codex because so much is not stated clearly and we end up debating semantics.
I guess he claims that because this year there are only 3 pledgers, who may become 2. As they need them to be paired, this year they wouldn't accept the 3 of them, but neither they can accept only 1. When pledgers are an even number, I guess the CUM-petition is not eliminatory

SoraNiUteba

May 18, 2019
Tommy & Rusty are now 3rd year students not 4th. They started DIK with Nick & Vinny in year 1 (while Sage & Tybalt were already presidents in their 2nd year). Jacob, JB, Jamie, & Leon joined in Year 2. MC & Derek are the Year 3 guys.

4th year - Sage, Tybalt
3rd year - Tommy, Rusty, Nick, Vinny, Jill
2nd year - Jacob, JB, Jamie, Leon
1st year - MC, Derek
They are 4th years. They always get 2 maggots every year to become DIKs. The first year is an exception because they were starting, Tommy and Rusty needed to recruit at least 2 more.

4th years - Tommy, Rusty, Nick, Vinny
3rd years - Jamie, Leon
2nd years - Jacob, John boy (Jacob literally said him and John boy were last year's maggots)
1st years - MC, Derek

Reactions: Digga D

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
They are 4th years. They always get 2 maggots every year to become DIKs. The first year is an exception because they were starting, Tommy and Rusty needed to recruit at least 2 more.

3rd years - Jamie, Leon
2nd years - Jacob, John boy (Jacob literally said him and John boy were last year's maggots)
1st years - MC, Derek
It's not always 2 maggots every year. It's always in pairs but it was never ever stated in game that they only allow just 2.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020

3rd years - Jamie, Leon
1st years - MC, Derek
screenshot0017.png

RonnieBoi

Nov 20, 2018
Sadly, I think the Sage route is a dead end. She's a senior and when she graduates in the spring, off she goes. Unless she gets a job on campus, I don't see her showing up that often. No graduating woman is going to want to go back to their high school or college on a regular basis to hang out with a bunch of younger, sophomoric, drunken male students. Guys may do that to get some younger tail, but the ladies...not so much in my experience. They're eager to start their adult lives.
But the ladies... may do it too... in cases of baseball bat addiction ;):ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Garrett Hawke

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
So where did this notion that the DIKs have juniors and seniors in their frat come from exactly?
Is DPC being inconsistent or he just sucks at math? Or some people just pull these numbers out of their asses? :WaitWhat:
There is no inconsistency. DIK fraternity has been around for 2 years (Year 1 - Rusty, Tommy, Nick, & Vinny / Year 2 - Jamie, Leon, JB, & Jacob) with MC & Derek joining in the 3rd year of the fraternity's existence.

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Seriously guys 3 pages of debate over whether Sage's route will just expire midway through the game because she's a senior?

We're 6 episodes in, out of a possible 12-20 I believe was the estimate, and we're like 1 month in.

Have I missed something here or are you guys just talking for the sake of talking again? :p

Elsie Bray

May 31, 2019
Seriously guys 3 pages of debate over whether Sage's route will just expire midway through the game because she's a senior?

We're 6 episodes in, out of a possible 12-20 I believe was the estimate, and we're like 1 month in.

Have I missed something here or are you guys just talking for the sake of talking again? :p
2 weeks in I believe.

There is no inconsistency. DIK fraternity has been around for 2 years (Year 1 - Rusty, Tommy, Nick, & Vinny / Year 2 - Jamie, Leon, JB, & Jacob) with MC & Derek joining in the 3rd year of the fraternity's existence.
So to clarify Rusty, Tommy, Nick, Quinn, Jill, and maybe Heather are 3rd years. Sage is a 4th year senior, maybe Tybalt too? If he's president of the preps and has been around before Rusty.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Thanks, I was about to give up, couldn't find it.:D Well I'm not going to assume DPC just "forgot" what he wrote one episode earlier, doesn't seem like something he'd do. And as Wizard_Shiryuu has pointed it out, the use of "next year" in a different context could be due to the language barrier. I haven't considered that because my native language has the same words just like in English and during 6 years of university I've never heard someone use that term referring to calendar years when the topic was school related.

I'll just go cry in a corner now.:cry:
I'm like you man, Sage is my main LI and I don't consider her route a dead end.

First, the story in this game will probably end around Christmas of the current year. Sage IS leaving the following spring and I'm expecting her and the MC's relationship to end. That doesn't necessarily mean all hope is lost though. In the tradition of college romantic comedy movies I'm half expecting a 'Where are they now' post script to the story where DPC lays out the future's for all the characters.

My fantasy ending for Sage and the MC has them both focusing on their careers after college, and not so much on settling down with someone and having a family. Then a few years later they meet again at a business conference or something and immediately realize that the feeling they had in college are still there.

And seriously it's just as likely as any of the other choices, a relationship with a married woman who's twice your age? Being the third wheel in a lesbian relationship? Or being Mr. Royce with Jill?

Reactions: johnny twosins

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
So to clarify Rusty, Tommy, Nick, Quinn, Jill, and maybe Heather are 3rd years. Sage is a 4th year senior, maybe Tybalt too? If he's president of the preps and has been around before Rusty.
I don't recall any specific info on what year Quinn & Heather are in but I'd think 3rd year at most. Tybalt is 4th year.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

I don't know where all this talk of 20 episodes is coming from. I remember a reply that DPC made in a Patreon comments section where he said 10 episodes. That was back in July. Has anyone heard any new official statements since then?

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I don't know where all this talk of 20 episodes is coming from. I remember a reply that DPC made in a Patreon comments section where he said 10 episodes. That was back in July. Has anyone heard any new official statements since then?
I believe he talked about 3 to 4 seasons (most recently he seemed to be leaning towards 3) and, since the first season was 4 chapters, that has led people to think 12 to 16 with the possibility of more if the story expands it.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I believe he talked about 3 to 4 seasons (most recently he seemed to be leaning towards 3) and, since the first season was 4 chapters, that has led people to think 12 to 16 with the possibility of more if the story expands it.
I've just assumed that he had the entire story planned out when he began, but I guess he could expand it. I for one hope he doesn't, we're already looking at possibly two more years before the game is completed.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Did you mean July 2019? The expectation has been 16-20 episodes for a very long time.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
First, there was this:

Then there was this:

Will the second season also consist of four episodes? And how many seasons will the game have?

Four episodes per season felt like a good number back when I thought that each season would be ~4GB. I think I will stick to an approximate amount of content rather than a fixed episode count. It will likely be 4 episodes per season, but it's not carved in stone.

The first time I mentioned anything about the total episode count I said 10-20 episodes. I know that this estimate can be improved, but it's hard to say an exact count because I have a very specific plan for the game that I can't reveal. The best estimate I can give you right now is that we're still early in the game and that I would be surprised if I release less than 4 seasons.
And now we have this:

Doc Pink Cake make an interesting comment on his Patreon page:

"Most likely 4 episodes in Season 2 and there will at least be a Season 3 as well. Cheers."

So much for my idea that Episode 6 was the start of the Finale. Well, it could be still. Doc clear plans on continuing with the story for the next few years at least!
Going by what they've said about 4 episodes per season, the assumption is that it would be 12 episodes for 3 seasons and 16 for 4 seasons.

I've just assumed that he had the entire story planned out when he began, but I guess he could expand it. I for one hope he doesn't, we're already looking at possibly two more years before the game is completed.
More than that, actually. If it's 12 episodes with each update being developed at a similar pace to ep 6, then we're looking at 3-4 years, and if it's 16 episodes then we're looking at 4-5 years.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes