felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I agree that a proper apology to the MC was necessary, but not that only the MC should end up alone if the friendship path is chosen.

All 3 of them have feelings for each other and M&J had just gone through the most tumultuous time whereby they each developed feelings for a guy, which was especially significant in Maya's case. Why then M&J just forgive, forget, and get back together so easily is baffling and, as I've said many time before, a better solution would have been that they all remain friends with none of them being in any kind of formal relationship with the other so they can have time to figure things out.

This is what should have been the automatic option on the DIK path where instead of being flat-out rejected for reasons that seem completely nonsensical, they would all essentially "take a break" from each other to figure things out and be allowed to try and repair the damage with individual scenes where the MC, and the player, could get a better sense of what these girls are and were going through and why they did what they did.
wait wait ... I didn't mean that Mc is cut off from the life of the two girls, then anything can happen, but 3 lovers have entered in the library and only 2 plus a friend leave (in case of refusal).
if at that point we tell Derek that we have no interest in either of them it might as well be over for good
MC is the only one who loses something in that scene (in case of refusal)

The problem here is that, for a lot of people, the dye has already been cast and so to try and correct the record now isn't going to change the minds of these people. You have to get it right in the first go because if you have to go back and correct it later, then that means you made a mistake.
I do not care and I will wait for the end of the game to judge who is my favorite LI, but I understand the players who don't like Maya and Josy, whose path already involves giving up (Jade and Cathe absolutely, and partially also Sage and the restaurant) and may have ended with a door slammed in your face.
and even the "lucky ones" who do not suffer rejection do not necessarily aspire to this strange couple therapy group, they could be frustrated too.
if they don't really want to help Maya in the scavenger hunt, it seems human to me ..

akenedy

May 3, 2017
There is more than one flaw with the game, but I grant that this is a potentially big one. I have regularly called out DPC on poor writing. Some folks think that is like sacrilegious or some shit. DPC does good renders. He has more than occasionally failed in his writing.
Agree, as fun and entertaining as the game is the writing to me always felt at times a bit lacking and surface level. Scratch a little deeper then questions start to pop up.

Reactions: Maviarab

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
wait wait ... I didn't mean that Mc is cut off from the life of the two girls, then anything can happen, but 3 lovers have entered in the library and only 2 plus a friend leave (in case of refusal).
if at that point we tell Derek that we have no interest in either of them it might as well be over for good
MC is the only one who loses something in that scene (in case of refusal)
I understood what you meant, but what I was saying was that even that doesn't feel like it is the right way to go. For me, it should have been the case that these "3 lovers" all leave as friends if either the MC chooses that or he has DIK affinity, and that even the latter should be the MC's choice.

A DIK affinity MC who automatically chooses friendship that both girls accept would make more sense than the girls rejecting him because of this arbitrary game mechanic, especially for those players on that path who did everything with M&J. So instead of 3 options - relationship, friendship, or rejection - there should just have been the options of relationship/friendship for the Neutral and CHICK paths, and friendship for the DIK path.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I understood what you meant, but what I was saying was that even that doesn't feel like it is the right way to go. For me, it should have been the case that these "3 lovers" all leave as friends if either the MC chooses that or he has DIK affinity, and that even the latter should be the MC's choice.

A DIK affinity MC who automatically chooses friendship that both girls accept would make more sense than the girls rejecting him because of this arbitrary game mechanic, especially for those players on that path who did everything with M&J. So instead of 3 options - relationship, friendship, or rejection - there should just have been the options of relationship/friendship for the Neutral and CHICK paths, and friendship for the DIK path.
ok, I totally agree on this

returning also to the point that affinity cannot be decisive for those who know MC well, it makes no sense

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I'm confused; a semester is 6 months in calendar time and about 4 months school time. So the school year start in September and end in April ? What about the last 4 months ?
I don't know where you are from but where I am, a semester isn't 6 months. There are 3 "semesters" or "terms" in a typical university/college school year. The traditional fall semester (Roughly Sept - Dec) & winter semester (roughly Jan - April), plus an additional spring semester (roughly May - August) with the university/college offering a massively reduced selection of almost always elective courses. 90%+ of students would study during the 2 traditional fall & winter semesters and take the spring semester off as summer holiday.

Reactions: Sepey

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I don't know where you are from but where I am, a semester isn't 6 months. There are 3 "semesters" or "terms" in a typical university/college school year. The traditional fall semester (Roughly Sept - Dec) & winter semester (roughly Jan - April), plus an additional spring semester (roughly May - August) with the university/college offering a massively reduced selection of almost always elective courses. 90%+ of students would study during the 2 traditional fall & winter semesters and take the spring semester off as summer holiday.
Where I am, the Fall(August/September-December) and Spring(January/February-May) are the primary semesters. The Winter(December-January) and Summer(June-July or July-August) semesters are when most take breaks or may decide to pick up some extra credits during those times though the courses are accelerated since they are for only a month. Also,like what you said, the selection is greatly reduced. So pretty similar and yeah, the main semesters are usually around 3.5 months.

Last edited:

Esp``

Aug 21, 2019
I know this is just a joke post but it reminded me of the second biggest issue I have with the game after the J&M clusterfuck.

When back I first played I hated Quinn and I also dislike paying for services so I rejected her restaurant. Now I expected to miss some scenes at the start which is obvious, but I never expected that it would cause me to miss scenes in EP5.

Honestly I have no idea why both Riona's and Camilla's lewd scenes are locked if you haven't used restaurant in the past. Both of them make out with MC and they got close to a level since then. Even if you give Riona money she still doesn't do anything with MC and Camilla never asks for the drink.

I was baffled to see the only reason I missed their scenes was because I didn't order them at EP2 and EP3.. Another way of DPC artificially splitting content and forcing people to do other playthroughs, or he just made a silly decision.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I know this is just a joke post but it reminded me of the second biggest issue I have with the game after the J&M clusterfuck.

When back I first played I hated Quinn and I also dislike paying for services so I rejected her restaurant. Now I expected to miss some scenes at the start which is obvious, but I never expected that it would cause me to miss scenes in EP5.

Honestly I have no idea why both Riona's and Camilla's lewd scenes are locked if you haven't used restaurant in the past. Both of them make out with MC and they got close to a level since then. Even if you give Riona money she still doesn't do anything with MC and Camilla never asks for the drink.

I was baffled to see the only reason I missed their scenes was because I didn't order them at EP2 and EP3.. Another way of DPC artificially splitting content and forcing people to do other playthroughs, or he just made a silly decision.

only the pure in heart can aspire to Maya and Josy.

I don't care much about the restaurant, but having to give up on Jade (above all) and Cathe is a wound that I will always reproach to DPC

for Jade there is a coincidence of appointments, while for Cathe it is just looking for a fight with the players

Reactions: Maviarab

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I've already had this conversation on this thread before, but semester means literally six months. Having more than two six month periods in a year is hilarious.

Hugh G. Rection

Jan 10, 2020
You're confusing "semester" which means "half of a (school) year" with "trimester" which means "a third of a (school) year (or even pregnancy, for example)". Those are two completely different ways of dividing a calendar/school year, while the word "term" is a general, well, term :p:geek:that does not have a specific duration or partition size and thus can be used in both cases.
So as mentioned above, while a semester can be 6 months or ~4/whatever depending on what you mean, there cannot be 3 semesters in a single year - that would make them trimesters.

der123fer

Donor
Aug 8, 2020
Maybe we need to stop being fixated on the word 'semester'...which is an American thing. Term is much more appropriate (and logical word) for most of the rest of the world.
Trimester and quarter yeah. But semester is a pretty universal term, it's widely used in Europe, and I think, in CIS countries too. I only know of the term 'term' from Australia :)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I've already had this conversation on this thread before, but semester means literally six months. Having more than two six month periods in a year is hilarious.
to increase your confusion in Italy we have two semesters, a period in which there are university courses and at the end of each there is an exam session ... but they last 5 months: September-January and February-June (maximum beginning July)

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
to increase your confusion in Italy we have two semesters, a period in which there are university courses and at the end of each there is an exam session ... but they last 5 months: September-January and February-June (maximum beginning July)
At least that makes some sense, there are at least only two of those. We had the same in mine and we used both semester or "quatrimester", if such a word exist in English, because in the end they were four months long. If you're going to have three of them just call them trimester.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes