Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
If this game does end being 20 eps, that shit would be crazy. Game would probably be 30-40gb which is huge for these types of games, and it would probably be the greatest one of all time
Ya I'd be fine with that, the file size doesn't ever bother me a bit. Heck, make it 200GB if need be. I'm just interested in the quality of the game.

I know this is just a joke post but it reminded me of the second biggest issue I have with the game after the J&M clusterfuck.

When back I first played I hated Quinn and I also dislike paying for services so I rejected her restaurant. Now I expected to miss some scenes at the start which is obvious, but I never expected that it would cause me to miss scenes in EP5.

Honestly I have no idea why both Riona's and Camilla's lewd scenes are locked if you haven't used restaurant in the past. Both of them make out with MC and they got close to a level since then. Even if you give Riona money she still doesn't do anything with MC and Camilla never asks for the drink.

I was baffled to see the only reason I missed their scenes was because I didn't order them at EP2 and EP3.. Another way of DPC artificially splitting content and forcing people to do other playthroughs, or he just made a silly decision.
Ya I am not a fan of that angle, either. Some of that stuff just doesn't make sense. Just because MC decides he doesn't need prostitutes to get laid, shouldn't completely lock him down from so many women, especially when he gets closer to them and they start to like him and vice versa.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mr. TotoJ and Esp``

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
There is more than one flaw with the game, but I grant that this is a potentially big one. I have regularly called out DPC on poor writing. Some folks think that is like sacrilegious or some shit. DPC does good renders. He has more than occasionally failed in his writing.
DPC has the (sometimes) rare ability to create characters that are believable and that people fall in love with.

DPC also writes great dialogue that's often witty and actually sounds like something a human being would say.

Both of those qualities are rare in games these days.

I think DPC has, at times, a problem with plotlines. Altho I do recognize that BaDIK is a way more extensive and complicated story than AL, and even with it's flaws, is better than so many games being produced today, not to mention many movies and TV shows.

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
I don't get why you are so obsessed with the assets and architecture. The main problem with a non-US setting is that nobody would understand it. From movies and sitcoms and everything else, we all at least have an idea of how us colleges work. But if a game was set in, lets say France, I wouldn't understand a thing. How old are people in what phases of their study? What are typical activities? How are courses organized? In books, good translators have to do a lot of work to adapt these things so the readers in different cultures can understand it. Except if its US centric, because everyone knows that already. And that is the point.

Besides, this is clearly inspired by other works, such as the American Pie series, which obviously influences how it is set up. And these fraternity stories wouldn't fit anywhere else at all, that's just a mainly US thing, as far as I know.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
The problem here is that, for a lot of people, the dye has already been cast and so to try and correct the record now isn't going to change the minds of these people. You have to get it right in the first go because if you have to go back and correct it later, then that means you made a mistake.
No question it's too late to undo the damage. That bridge is thoroughly burned. Still, the show must go on and DPC is going to have to try to get M&J haters back into the fold enough to get on with the story.

I wouldn't hold out much hope of venting any lingering frustrations directly at them. But there's a decent chance we will finally see a healthy friendship between the three; that would be a big help. Maybe the D&G game can be part of that.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Problem with that is that most assets used for world building are generally American style, such as buildings, cityscapes, apartments, kitchens, cars, etc. There's a few assets that are British, European, and Asian, but not much. Pretty much everything seen in this game wouldn't work if DPC tried to set the game in Sweden.
Eh, just use the best available assets and brazenly assert they really are in Europe. If using the incorrect architectural style is the worst problem with a game, the dev should be ecstatic! If this hypothetical dev is really terrified about the nitpickers ganging up on them, toss in a lampshade and claim the game's town is the work of an eccentric americanophile city planner.

DPC is better than most, but there still a bunch of curiously foreign notions in BaDIK (like using 'dormitory' to refer to the room instead of the whole building). Doesn't get in the way of my enjoying the game. I doubt an outbreak of split-level suburbs in Scandinavia would be any worse.

Sadly, I suspect the real issue is that nothing sells like success and, whatever its myriad flaws, the vaguely American setting is an extremely well known commodity. If a European focused game manged to take off, the unique setting would help it stand out and ensure a devoted core to the fan base. But more likely the comparatively alien setting (and the initial confusion that accompanies it) will make it that much harder to hit critical mass in the first place.

Which is shame, because I'd love to see some games set there.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Eh, just use the best available assets and brazenly assert they really are in Europe. If using the incorrect architectural style is the worst problem with a game, the dev should be ecstatic! If this hypothetical dev is really terrified about the nitpickers ganging up on them, toss in a lampshade and claim the game's town is the work of an eccentric americanophile city planner.

DPC is better than most, but there still a bunch of curiously foreign notions in BaDIK (like using 'dormitory' to refer to the room instead of the whole building). Doesn't get in the way of my enjoying the game. I doubt an outbreak of split-level suburbs in Scandinavia would be any worse.

Sadly, I suspect the real issue is that nothing sells like success and, whatever its myriad flaws, the vaguely American setting is an extremely well known commodity. If a European focused game manged to take off, the unique setting would help it stand out and ensure a devoted core to the fan base. But more likely the comparatively alien setting (and the initial confusion that accompanies it) will make it that much harder to hit critical mass in the first place.

Which is shame, because I'd love to see some games set there.
Being an Erasmus?

Reactions: ename144
Jun 10, 2020
You might try Love of Magic--while I find the poker aspect really annoying, the setting in Edinburgh is very good and has real character.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who wanted more Euro-centric games. It seldom feels legit when a non-U.S. dev makes a game set in the U.S. Even putting aside the usual "Engrish" problems, they are easy to spot. It's just difficult to write convincingly about a different culture. I'm sure an American AVN dev would butcher any attempt to set a game in Latvia for example.

The game assets issue doesn't bother me. I can look past that. You don't have to have your characters standing in front of the Eiffel Tower or the Kremlin. Generic buildings are fine and many scenes take place indoors anyway. I just want to see some games set in a dev's native Russia or Czechia...hell anywhere but the U.S. Who wouldn't want to solve a mystery/thriller in Bucharest or romance some smoking hot Polish women in Warsaw. Alas, the target $ market is North America, so we're stuck with pizza for dinner...again. :cautious:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Hi, I'm new here! :devilish:
Welcome!

Let's see if we can get you up to speed. I think you just missed the last Maya & Josy debate, so you may have to wait a few days to insult and/or defend them.

No, Jill isn't secretly the MC's aunt.

Yes, it's technically possible the MC's mother is still alive, but highly unlikely.

No, we don't know who's blackmailing Chad, but it isn't Melanie

It's possible Chad is secretly gay but there's no actual proof at this time.

Oh, and Episode 7 6 should be released in the next two weeks or so.

Good luck and enjoy!

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Comments prefaced with ***
Welcome!

Let's see if we can get you up to speed. I think you just missed the last Maya & Josy debate, so you may have to wait a few days to insult and/or defend them.

*** Why wait, scroll back and troll back

No, Jill isn't secretly the MC's aunt.

*** More likely than some other possibilities, certainly more so than the MC's Mother being alive.

Yes, it's technically possible the MC's mother is still alive, but highly unlikely.

*** Total crap

No, we don't know who's blackmailing Chad, but it isn't Melanie

*** Highly likely the blackmailer is part of the syndicate of Quinn, if not Quinn.

It's possible Chad is secretly gay but there's no actual proof at this time.

*** Troy couldn't sit down and had a black eye from Chad's fist since his sausage is a teenie weenie one.

Oh, and Episode 7 should be released in the next two weeks or so.

*** Episode 7 will be released in approximately 6 months and 2 weeks.. slight calculation error on this poster's part.

Good luck and enjoy!

*** Good luck, this board is sometimes toxic, very passionate about the game, and filled with mostly bullshit, but it is a fun read.

Caryland

May 23, 2020
OK, most likely a noob question, but I want to reset the vault renders so I can hunt for them again, how do I do that? Where is that info stored? Thanks!

uberbomb

Feb 26, 2018
OK, most likely a noob question, but I want to reset the vault renders so I can hunt for them again, how do I do that? Where is that info stored? Thanks!
No problemo my man, I would check the walkthrough for them, or if you want you can load up one of the many saves on here that are fully completed

Caryland

May 23, 2020
No problemo my man, I would check the walkthrough for them, or if you want you can load up one of the many saves on here that are fully completed
Well, I have all the renders from a previous play through, but I'm playing again. All the renders are still saved from the previous play so when in free roam or the mini games you can't get them, you already have them. I want to be able to get them again, playing from scratch, so to speak.

Reactions: uberbomb

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I don't get why you are so obsessed with the assets and architecture. The main problem with a non-US setting is that nobody would understand it. From movies and sitcoms and everything else, we all at least have an idea of how us colleges work. But if a game was set in, lets say France, I wouldn't understand a thing. How old are people in what phases of their study? What are typical activities? How are courses organized? In books, good translators have to do a lot of work to adapt these things so the readers in different cultures can understand it. Except if its US centric, because everyone knows that already. And that is the point.

Besides, this is clearly inspired by other works, such as the American Pie series, which obviously influences how it is set up. And these fraternity stories wouldn't fit anywhere else at all, that's just a mainly US thing, as far as I know.
Being from neither France nor the US they both seem equally foreign to me, and I wouldn't have many issues following a story there. It's true that the frat life is quite unique so that's why it's a good setting, but there could be a game set in a Japanese high school, with their club activities which is also quite unique and I don't think anyone would have any problems with that.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
No question it's too late to undo the damage. That bridge is thoroughly burned. Still, the show must go on and DPC is going to have to try to get M&J haters back into the fold enough to get on with the story.

I wouldn't hold out much hope of venting any lingering frustrations directly at them. But there's a decent chance we will finally see a healthy friendship between the three; that would be a big help. Maybe the D&G game can be part of that.
do you hope that the game of D&G resolves (partially) the complicated relationship between Maya and Josy and the "players"?
your optimism moves me, I am ready to support your dream.

maybe if they destroy the ring and save the 4 lands with heroic and altruistic gestures they can do it

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes