Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
One thing I'm not understanding about some of these comments is the averse reaction to the idea that MC will have to face consequences for certain decisions (sleeping around) with LIs... I'm not sure if the complaint is that there are consequences or if it's hard to know when actions will trigger consequences, however... both of those things seem somewhat realistic. In real life, sleeping around is like rolling the dice. Maybe you'll get away with it, maybe you won't. But if you expect no consequences, that's completely unrealistic. You really think MC can be a hoe on a college campus and word won't travel and reach the ears of the women you've been trying to romance or deduce what's going on?!

Somewhat related: I agree that some of the CHICK/DIK affinity/status checks/choices are kind of counter-intuitive, but I'm not really sure how DPC could fix that, especially this far in. It's definitely not lost on me that being a DIK is really only a successful path for one main LI (Sage) either, so there's a lack of balance there. The walkthroughs definitely help but if you're someone who doesn't like using walkthroughs, I could see how this game could get frustrating because some of the choices that cause you to LOSE RPs aren't necessarily what you'd expect (for example, when you first meet Jill, if you're a DIK, complimenting her causes you to lose a point or two with her).
Unfortunately, given where the game is at right now, even if DPC were compelled to make some adjustments that would make these decisions feel more intuitive to the MC's actions rather than the affinity/status checks, it's a lot of work to do to practically re-write huge portions of the game, so we're stuck with it, I'm afraid.

If he is a bad writer then what are others like? hahaha man I have played quite a few games here and there is none that has the emotional and humor level of this one as well as the personality of the protagonists. City of broken dreamers for example is up to the task, perhaps A mothers love or A wife and a mother also have a very good argument but the rest are very simple, all they do is make everyone happy by allowing you to have sex with all and hardly anything happens
The thing with this game is that it's not really about making everyone happy by allowing all the sex without consequence because there's plenty more drama in this game that doesn't exist in others to make it engaging and tease the possibility of consequences further down the line. The problem is that everything is happening too quickly and it feels like a lot of potential relationships aren't really being given much of a chance to get off the ground before you have to start cutting them off. There's also the fact that some of these affinity/status checks don't often seem to align with how your MC has generally been throughout the game and how they've interacted with certain characters.

What is this obssesion with 'real' in fiction. Plausible? Yes, Believable? Yes, but Real? I don't want a game that makes my back ache like a Real day at work or makes me worry about how I'm going to pay for something expensive and unexpected. And I especially don't want the pain of REAL relationships, or REAL suffering or REAL death's. See, I have a real life with all of those real things in it, I don't need an imaginary REAL life to entertain me, just a little amusement and escapism.
Plausible is more the issue I have, like, is it plausible to be able to do everything with M&J yet get rejected for some DIK decisions they couldn't possibly know about? No. Is it plausible that a MC who's still with M&J and had a positive Swyper chat with Cathy is not allowed to choose whether to continue or not? No. Is it plausible that a Neutral or CHICK MC who has done everything bar the ep 4 scene in the HOT house with Quinn should be rejected by Quinn when offering to help her? No.

These are just some examples of things that, for me, don't seem plausible and yet the game is blocking us off from them because of stat checks rather than basing it on the MC's actions with those particular characters.

Sep 25, 2017
I have a bug with the Swyper app when in the library free roam and chating to Catrin. The response I get are for another conversation and then I get a fatal error

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode6/ep6_freeroam_library.rpy", line 175, in script
$ result = ui.interact()
File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode6/ep6_freeroam_library.rpy", line 175, in <module>
$ result = ui.interact()
File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 32, in execute
File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 50, in execute
File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 55, in execute
File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 56, in execute
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode6/ep6_freeroam_library.rpy", line 175, in script
$ result = ui.interact()
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode6/ep6_freeroam_library.rpy", line 175, in <module>
$ result = ui.interact()
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 32, in execute
File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 50, in execute
File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 55, in execute
File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 56, in execute
File "<screen language>", line 56, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.6.0
Sun Nov 15 18:47:48 2020
```

rainbowsix24

Dec 11, 2018
Wondering if this latest version has the bug fixes? says that the newest version on patreon is 6.2 but this site says they have 6.0? does anyone have access to 6.2 so you dont get the exam bugs anymore where you cant progress.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
No he definitely did mention panties, but the doesn't necessarily mean he isn't gay.

so far the only thing we've got say that it isn't Mel he's screwing is that we get a shot of her on the tredmill while he's in the locker room. she could have a bluetooth earpiece in (we see Bella using one when she's on the phone with you) and its implied she's been screwing him during the scene with Sage in the HOT's garden
I wondered if Bella's non-conversation with Tybalt was supposed to justify how Melanie could be Chad's mistress, but if so I don't think it will work well. Bella was clearly audible to those around her while having no awareness of them. That's opposite of what Mel would want when having forbidden phone sex in earshot of the jocks.

Actually, now that you mention it, you know what's really odd about the whole thing? AFAICT, even if Melanie and Sarah did catch the MC and Sage kiss, Chad's dialog with Sage doesn't change in the slightest. That suggests that either Melanie never got around to calling Chad, or that Chad wasn't looking for a pretext, he was trying to cushion the blow to Sage the same way Melanie and Sarah seemed to be. The former is implausible, and the latter has fascinating implications.

Just when I thought that scene of the two spying on Sage and the MC couldn't get anymore confusing, DPC finds a way.

sulimo04

Nov 14, 2019
I have a bug with the Swyper app when in the library free roam and chating to Catrin. The response I get are for another conversation and then I get a fatal error

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
$ result = ui.interact()
$ result = ui.interact()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
$ result = ui.interact()
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
$ result = ui.interact()
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\temp\Saga\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "<screen language>", line 56, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.6.0
Sun Nov 15 18:47:48 2020
```
re-download the mod could help

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
aw that's disappointing; thanks for posting the scene tho man!
;), and yeah it was disappointing. at least he would have put some image where the MC is slapping Josy's ass, or playfully grabbing their butt, a little kiss or somethign that's implying that their relationship is now on a different level. kind of like when in the class, Josy spread her legs to show her thong to the MC, and then giving him that sluty look. for fans of Josy and Maya this was a very weak episode. We could throw out, Sarah and Nora. at least Jade , Quinn, and Envy make sense in the story.

Reactions: badnboujee

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Plausible is more the issue I have, like, is it plausible to be able to do everything with M&J yet get rejected for some DIK decisions they couldn't possibly know about? No. Is it plausible that a MC who's still with M&J and had a positive Swyper chat with Cathy is not allowed to choose whether to continue or not? No. Is it plausible that a Neutral or CHICK MC who has done everything bar the ep 4 scene in the HOT house with Quinn should be rejected by Quinn when offering to help her? No.

These are just some examples of things that, for me, don't seem plausible and yet the game is blocking us off from them because of stat checks rather than basing it on the MC's actions with those particular characters.
I would suggest that you consider the plot shifting due to some seemingly innocuous actions as just being part of a butterfly effect. In real life you're sometimes not even aware of the underlying reasons for why certain events have swayed a certain direction. The game is obviously a lot more discrete and so it's easier to criticise, but it comes down to your own mindset. If you think that you should be able to experience all scenes and that you should be in control of what events occur, this game won't deliver. If you want to go on a roller coaster of emotions in a (sometimes) crazy plot that you only have some degree of sway over, then you'll be more satisfied.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Unfortunately, given where the game is at right now, even if DPC were compelled to make some adjustments that would make these decisions feel more intuitive to the MC's actions rather than the affinity/status checks, it's a lot of work to do to practically re-write huge portions of the game, so we're stuck with it, I'm afraid.

The thing with this game is that it's not really about making everyone happy by allowing all the sex without consequence because there's plenty more drama in this game that doesn't exist in others to make it engaging and tease the possibility of consequences further down the line. The problem is that everything is happening too quickly and it feels like a lot of potential relationships aren't really being given much of a chance to get off the ground before you have to start cutting them off. There's also the fact that some of these affinity/status checks don't often seem to align with how your MC has generally been throughout the game and how they've interacted with certain characters.

Bu dude I think there is still a long way to go, we don't even know if the decision to go to the date with Jill or not is final to go to Jill or Sage ... we don't know,maybe it's just a way to earn points and affection towards one side or the other. And with respect to the others there may be drama and that it is resolved without major problems, although it is clear that in the end by having to choose one or the other we are going to break a heart but it is what there is. I honestly don't think we see here the same thing you say about Acting Lessons about watching an important character burn or others die. I do not think so. Be safe and happy, the world is shitty enough xd

scarp1

Aug 22, 2020
That's what confuses me about Jade/Quinn, why give them so much more content then LI's, what is DPC planning?
Maybe going the route of Quinn/Jade is the non LI route, just having sex with whoever the MC wants. Could possibly be in line with Sage LI as she gets pissed with Chad for cheating so perhaps the MC has to choose between staying true to Sage or taking the risk and banging everyone he can on that route without Sage finding out.

May 26, 2020
Bu dude I think there is still a long way to go, we don't even know if the decision to go to the date with Jill or not is final to go to Jill or Sage ... we don't know,maybe it's just a way to earn points and affection towards one side or the other. And with respect to the others there may be drama and that it is resolved without major problems, although it is clear that in the end by having to choose one or the other we are going to break a heart but it is what there is. I honestly don't think we see here the same thing you say about Acting Lessons about watching an important character burn or others die. I do not think so. Be safe and happy, the world is shitty enough xd
I agree for the most part. DPC will put in even more drama for sure and in the end choices will come together that decide the fate of your relationships but I don't think we can expect nearly as much of a tragedy as in Acting Lessons. The whole Setting is a lot happier, more focussed on party and well..college. Yes, it's fictional but it's college after all. I think we are good to go. All I know is, I am going for Sage as my relationship choice.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Right ? like they are just a slab of meat...
I could get a more communicative love story and more kinky sex with that slab of raw meat than I can with Jill or Bella. And if I find out that slab of meat is actually my aunt or a serial killer, at least I can grill it up and have some lunch to take my mind off of being blue balled or lied to for numerous episodes.

I don't even know why I have a Jill-centric save anymore. After being forced to choose between going on a date with her and helping my sick friend (what CHICK MC wouldn't help Sage!?), I'm pretty much done with Jill. Especially if I have to wait another six episodes to progress in the relationship (physically or emotionally). Getting one long sex scene with Jill at the very end of the game is not a worthwhile payoff. If it weren't for my completionism, I'd have abandoned that save a couple of episodes back when she forced me to go see the counselor.

• Red Heart
Reactions: lolgotem

padder

May 5, 2018
Like 90% of my notifications are ratings of this game, is it possible to not get notified of new ratings for this specific game?
I dont dare 'ignore thread' since it might make the game not show up on newest releases.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Agreed, she is by far my favourite non-love-choice girl and I am really sad, we will only get smaller scenes with her since she is no main character of this story.
Shit, if she was a main girl, she'd probably be tied with Jill and Bella for me that's how much I enjoy her whenever she's on.

4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes