always86

Mar 19, 2020
So, I was messing around with the latest chapter, and this one exchange finally jumped out at me. It's Cathy & Jade's conversation at the bar which I originally assumed was just Cathy being defeated/humiliated over the cluck. But when I actually paid closer attention, it seems like they are talking about something else entirely.

Look at the conversation, particularly the parts I've underlined:

Cathy: Why are you so mad with me?
Jade: I'm not mad with you. I was upset, but I'm over it.
Cathy: I didn't know before going there.
Jade: I know and it doesn't matter. None of that matters now.
Cathy: You hate me.
Jade: I love you. And I'll support you, even though this is the worst thing that has happened in a very long time.
Cathy: You're my best friend.
Jade: And you're mine.

None of those bolded parts make sense if they are talking about the cluck incident. Why would Jade be upset with Cathy over it? And why would Jade, rather than Cathy, think of it as "the worst thing that has happened in a very long time"?

But the most cryptic line for me is "I didn't know before going there." What does THAT mean? I don't see how this conversation can be about the cluck, it has to be yet another new mystery to add to the pile.
The ‘i didn’t know before going there‘ could refer to Bella‘s house. She didn’t know that Jade seemingly hates Bella for no apparent reason. The worst thing that’s happened could refer to Cathy leaving, the Cathy cluck, or even what ever happened between Burke/ Jade and Bella.

Reactions: moskyx

sadboi242

Aug 19, 2020
Just finished the new update, pretty great. But as many are saying, it sucks that we have to wait so long for what's next. Would you guys rather have short updates every month/couple weeks, or have what we have now, where we have to wait for months to get a decent sized update?

Also
Where is the travel pillow for the pack on the laptop?

dattang

Sep 17, 2017
Just finished the new update, pretty great. But as many are saying, it sucks that we have to wait so long for what's next. Would you guys rather have short updates every month/couple weeks, or have what we have now, where we have to wait for months to get a decent sized update?

Also
Where is the travel pillow for the pack on the laptop?
In Jackob's bedroom on the pillow, click on the airplane

Reactions: sadboi242

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Being a DIK [v0.6.1] [Dr PinkCake]

Update only

Original size: 2.98 GB

Compressed size: 716.8 MB

Win/Linux: MEGA -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game
22.gif

Reactions: Igneel1

TkOHarley

Dec 29, 2019
Hey guys I need some help.

I'm trying to replay from the start but when I get to the first English test I get this error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png'>:
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpy", line 156, in <module>
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpyc", line 156, in script
M����bk���}�2�:k]4�lӺ�i�Wk�Z��#O�WZ�I�C���i��݁c�,{ϲp~�sk�x�F��N�Hֲ�1���A��*���_�<��=�,��fzjVV�ah�#�%�@яұ��9��Է�w��?���q��u�'ܚq�A����G�Im�jm|a�)hj�\Z\�9ê�
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpy", line 156, in <module>
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 763, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 584, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 629, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\Tristan\Documents\games\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin compressed\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.6.0
Tue Nov 17 12:42:06 2020

For more infomation, I have downloaded and played the game twice before, up to the end of episode 3. I belive the 2nd time I downloaded, I got a version with a cheat mod. Is that related to what's happening now?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes