chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
So, I was messing around with the latest chapter, and this one exchange finally jumped out at me. It's Cathy & Jade's conversation at the bar which I originally assumed was just Cathy being defeated/humiliated over the cluck. But when I actually paid closer attention, it seems like they are talking about something else entirely.

Look at the conversation, particularly the parts I've underlined:

Cathy: Why are you so mad with me?
Jade: I'm not mad with you. I was upset, but I'm over it.
Cathy: I didn't know before going there.
Jade: I know and it doesn't matter. None of that matters now.
Cathy: You hate me.
Jade: I love you. And I'll support you, even though this is the worst thing that has happened in a very long time.
Cathy: You're my best friend.
Jade: And you're mine.

None of those bolded parts make sense if they are talking about the cluck incident. Why would Jade be upset with Cathy over it? And why would Jade, rather than Cathy, think of it as "the worst thing that has happened in a very long time"?

But the most cryptic line for me is "I didn't know before going there." What does THAT mean? I don't see how this conversation can be about the cluck, it has to be yet another new mystery to add to the pile.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
So, I was messing around with the latest chapter, and this one exchange finally jumped out at me. It's Cathy & Jade's conversation at the bar which I originally assumed was just Cathy being defeated/humiliated over the cluck. But when I actually paid closer attention, it seems like they are talking about something else entirely.

Jade: I love you. And I'll support you, even though this is the worst thing that has happened in a very long time.

None of those bolded parts make sense if they are talking about the cluck incident. Why would Jade be upset with Cathy over it? And why would Jade, rather than Cathy, think of it as "the worst thing that has happened in a very long time"?

But the most cryptic line for me is "I didn't know before going there." What does THAT mean? I don't see how this conversation can be about the cluck, it has to be yet another new mystery to add to the pile.
Someone in a post above already said so what am i going to say.
It may be that Dr. Burke wanted to take advantage of Cathy's situation to blackmail her into having sex with him and she refused.

Reactions: Andre Young

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
I went back to look, it moves pretty quick but you can see it going across to the left. You cant really see much other than the light being blocked in my screenshots tho
Still can't see anything, but I'll take your word for it. Thanks for the attempt, though.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Jade's husband, Stephen, probably tried to hook up with Cathy. He's obviously got a thing for Cathy (that whole deal with saying her name when having sex with Jade), so perhaps nothing happened between them but Stephen tried something. Jade's pretty awesome the way she's treating Cathy through all this, some women would just lose it.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
But she technically can leverage something like refusing to speak to Tybalt against the others because he's technically got power over the other preps. If Jill were to say, "if you do that, I'll never to speak to you again", Tybalt would surely to anything to ensure that doesn't happen and would likely grovel to Jill, at which point she could tell him that not only should he not file charges, but he also needs to persuade the other Preps not to do so either and Tybalt would probably do that, or at least say he did since he's likely lying about them wanting to sue anyway.
Sorry late reply and I couldn't read all 25 pages of posts between yours and now, so apologies if my reply is already somewhat covered elsewhere.

You are right that she technically can leverage that, but that is not her personality. She is all about "doing the right thing" because there's a touch of being a naive character in her. So when Tybalt was being an ass on Rooster, she had no problem defending MC. When MC trespassed, she scolded MC. But she's willing to defend MC because Tybalt banning MC from visiting is not right. However, in this case, it's not "right vs wrong", MC is in the wrong too. So it's "wrong vs wrong" which makes it difficult for her to defend MC.

This is amplified by the act itself. When MC trespassed to visit Jill, it was also "wrong vs wrong", but the magnitude is much smaller as there's no harm done. In the party's case, it's no longer an innocent mistake. It ruined the party which affected all the people attending the party, including the guests, and potentially causing property damage. The scale of the problem is much bigger.

So now we're at "wrong vs wrong" and "it's a bigger wrong" (plus violent conduct if MC punched Tybalt) and it's "affecting multiple people". To pull something like "I'm not going to talk to you if you sue my friend that trespassed and ruined people's night and punched you" is basically a very cheap move that wouldn't suit Jill's character at all.

So really she does have a lot of power of here, and it's an unfortunate side effect of DPC making her so meek that he's chosen to make her give in to something that she has a clear way of countering.
This is where it showed about the character. Jill being meek is part of her character. Her countering doesn't fit her meek character. You can't project yourself into Jill in a "what would I have done if I were in her shoes? Oh, I would've countered and threatened not to talk to Tybalt anymore instead" because she has a different characteristic than you. Different characters simply have different ways on how they behave.

Whether you like Jill as a character or not is fine, but I think she behaves consistently as a character.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Jade's husband, Stephen, probably tried to hook up with Cathy. He's obviously got a thing for Cathy (that whole deal with saying her name when having sex with Jade), so perhaps nothing happened between them but Stephen tried something. Jade's pretty awesome the way she's treating Cathy through all this, some women would just lose it.
That's why a lot of people like Jade, She's basically the perfect women. With that being said, with how much screen time Jade gets i have a feeling DPC is going to do something extremely bad to her character.

Last edited:
Reactions: w00de

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
Someone in a post above already said so what am i going to say.
It may be that Dr. Burke wanted to take advantage of Cathy's situation to blackmail her into having sex with him and she refused.
That scenario does seem plausible. The only part I'd wonder about is why Jade would be upset with CATHY in that scenario, but I guess she doesn't actually say it's Cathy she's upset at. Maybe that's just Cathy projecting her own self loathing over the whole thing? I don't know.

I'm also not sure how what happened to Cathy puts her in a position that Burke could attempt to leverage for blackmail. I mean, he's got blackmail material on his wife (if MC slept with her and shared the video), but what happened to Cathy isn't her fault, she's the victim. I don't know how you use that incident to try and make her do anything.

Still, it's a better theory than anything I've got right now.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Anyone have a save before cleaning with Maya and Josie? I don't want to start over for one scene. Sorry for my English.
Well, that's not a lewd scene but take it anyways
Delete the numbers prior to 28-5
Thanks to ename144 who provides the original save. I already could watch the second 50% part of Josy and Maya scene, thank you.

Reactions: Bolg
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes