Kakoli55

Jun 2, 2020
ı started thıs game for sex scenes but now ım almost skıpıng them cause ı know ı can watch them at gallery
on the oher hand every sıngle moment that ım wıth maya ım smılıng ın real lıfe she mıght be the cutest thıng ı have ever seen

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Except that she doesn't know that. All she seems to know or suspect is that they each might have a thing for each other and this could be the reason why she likes messing with them becuase it's part sadistic pleasure in screwing with each of them but also part jealousy because she also likes him.

The thing about this scene is that it's not about the MC wanting to help because he wants to fuck her, which you could argue he shouldn't if he's with M&J, it's simply about offering help and Quinn refuses because of a stat check that doesn't align with what's happened between her and the MC.

Just for a moment, let's imagine this game didn't have a DIK/CHICK affinity system and moments with characters were simply based on the other moments you've had with them. Now, yes, in life you might have a "feeling" about someone, like an intuition that there's something you don't like about them which could be argued is what the affinityr system is all about, but how you view a person is more often based on your interactions with them, how they've spoken to you, how they've treated you, moments you've shared together, etc.

So, looking purely at that moment when he offers help through the lens of personal interactions between them, why would a MC who could have taken her number and used her services, been fucked by Quinn at the cum-petition, had some fun with Quinn on Rooster, been getting talked about so much by Quinn as to make Sage think she has a thing for him, fucked Quinn on the roof of the DIK mansion in what was quite a nice moment between them, and been congratulated by Quinn for passing Hell Week, be rejected by Quinn? Again, forget affinity for a moment, just based on these interactions, it would seem they have a good relationship, so why does she turn him down?

It would seem to me that, from a character standpoint, they are close enough that regardless of anything else he's done, particularly since Quinn doesn't know about it, that Quinn turning him doesn't seem like something she would do based everything up until that point that has transpired between them that would suggest she would be receptive to his help.

It would seem that this management system is going to be around for at least the rest of this season as it's not possible to do everything in this episode, especially getting enough money to repair the windows.
The DIK/CHICK affinity/status system has lead and will continue to lead to arbitrary decisions that are out of the players hands, but that all started with Joya. And because of that, DPC has to draw a line somewhere, he can't have a "perfect" playthrough, there needs to be consequences to our choices.

If the tradeoff for not getting Joya is to get Quinn and Jade/Cathy, I can accept that, I don't agree with how the system got us there but it's a fair compromise.

Reactions: ename144
Feb 28, 2020
Sage deserves more than her arc being “boyfriend dumped me, I got over it and now I’m with MC”

M&J (for all their flaws) deserve more than “my daddy was mean to me, I dragged my girlfriend along for the ride but I got over it and now I’m with the MC/Happy)

Bella sure as fucking shit better get more than “I was unhappily married, the circumstances of why came out, but I came to terms with it and now I’m with the MC”

Jill needs more than “I was blackmailed into not being with someone for spurious reasons but I got over it and now I’m with the MC”
Yeah, don't worry. None of that is happening (y)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I think liking someone and looping them in on your illegal drug activities are two pretty different things. She was just mugged and when she saw a police car she backed off instead of asking for help since she knew she wouldn't be able to explain where the money came from without implicating herself. MC has shown that he is pretty innocent (depending on the choices you make), and Quinn is already paranoid about people with loose lips, so I think it makes sense that she would keep him out of it. He is just a freshman she has known for a couple weeks after all.
And yet that is all still true when she accepts his help on the DIK path, so what really sets that and the CHICK path apart? The only things that count for that scene in terms of interactions are using her services and having sex with her in Ep 4, so someone can do only those 2 things and be on the DIK path and get rewarded with that Ep 6 scene, but someone on a Neutral/CHICK path could do that plus everything else they possibly can with her, and yet be rejected.

To me, that doesn't make sense from a characterisation standpoint because one path can do very little and the other can do a lot, yet this one game mechanic can contradict and override what we see and seem to know about a character and their relationship to another for reasons that still aren't very clear because it's been said before that the affinity system is not some sort of morality or personality system, so then what is it? Because right now it just seems like a way to indiscriminately block content.

She's teasing the MC just like she's always done and she even says that line on the DIK path too. Plus, Quinn doesn't exactly seem like the type of person to let something like that get in her way. If she likes the MC and wants the MC, then she'll go for him, regardless of who she thinks he likes or who she thinks likes him. Also, when it comes to that offer to help, it's just that; an offer to help, so her perceiving that him and Maya have a thing shouldn't really be an issue.

Furthermore, between the end of ep 4 and that point in ep 6, there doesn't seem to have been much that could make Quinn think there's nothing between them anymore, so when he offers to help on the non-M&J DIK path, she still thinks that there is, yet accepts the help anyway. So, since that's the case, then it would seem inconsistent to not accept help on the Neutral/CHICK paths if this doesn't bother her.

The DIK/CHICK affinity/status system has lead and will continue to lead to arbitrary decisions that are out of the players hands, but that all started with Joya. And because of that, DPC has to draw a line somewhere, he can't have a "perfect" playthrough, there needs to be consequences to our choices.

If the tradeoff for not getting Joya is to get Quinn and Jade/Cathy, I can accept that, I don't agree with how the system got us there but it's a fair compromise.
But that's the thing about this system, it doesn't have to lock these things out because of a stat-check consequence because you can simply have there be a consequence because of the action of itself. For example, if there was someone outside the window when Bella was blowing the MC, any fallout from that would be a decision-based consequence that would make sense. Yes, you'd miss out on a hot lewd scene by not doing it in order to avoid that consequence, but at least it would seem like a natural consequence based on your actions.

The auto-rejection by Quinn for being a certain affinity and being in a certain relationhip is an unnatural consequence if your interactions with Quinn up until then have been largely good and you've done the most important things. Similarly, with M&J in Ep 4 and Cathy in Ep 5. It should be our interactions with these specific characters that should determine whether we go further with them, because that's more important than a stat check that can be contrary to the overall relationship these characters have.

Reactions: DuckDairyDip

R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
But therein lies the problem. If it's not a system to define the personality of the character, then what is it for? Because right now it just seems like an arbitrary system to lock people out of certain content that they really shouldn't be when you consider the actions of the MC towards certain characters, in order to force replayability. The affinity seems to serve no greater purpose than this and hamstrings players from getting content they rightly should get because how the MC has interacted with certain characters should what determines the scenes and actions you get with them.

But if she doesn't get a good a vibe from him because he's DIK affinity, then why would she allow things to go this far? The MC can be DIK affinity by Ep 2 and in that episode he can go back to Maya after the shot battle and finger her, and in the next episode they can almost have sex, yet all of a sudden she doesn't have a good feeling about him by the end of Ep 4? It really doesn't make sense when you consider what she and the MC have done up until that point. It's only purpose seems to be to force replayability and it doesn't marry up to the sum total of his actions with Maya prior to this.

Our choices are not mattering as much as they should because they are being overridden by this affinity system which seems to only have the purpose of locking content in order to force replayability despite the fact that this game is plenty replayable by vitue of its 5 main LIs and the different paths you can take with them. It doesn't need to have further content locked by an affinity system that has many inconsistencies in how it decides what content you can and can't see.
the difference in chapter 2 and 3 is that she thought her and josy were going to break up where as in episode 4 your effectively asking her to risk a relationship she just got back for you.. someone who she's only recently discovered any kind of feelings for.

in all honestly them rejecting you sucks but it at least makes sense, with the jill/sage choice I can understand why people don't like it but I've already said and explain why I felt the reaction felt real even if it didn't line up the way i expect it to

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Its not awkward at all...right? hehehe
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
"Also ţ̷̛͔̩̣̦̫͈̝̯̫̜̤̊̇̽̒̐̕ḧ̸̰́̎͒̇̚ȩ̷̦͓̪̩̞̠̦̳̖͈͙̤̅̒̈́̉̔͜͜ ̵̨̰̞͌̐͊̊͋̈̄M̵̛͈͕̺̙̬̙̐̄̔̅̅̏̄́̉̈̄̇C̷̢̢̦̩͖̖̻̔͐̂̓̒͊͌͛̽̈́̐͆ and I are no strangers."

Sure, if you are the spawn of Satan :ROFLMAO: .

Reactions: RonnieBoi
Feb 28, 2020
it's been said before that the affinity system is not some sort of morality or personality system, so then what is it? Because right now it just seems like a way to indiscriminately block content.
I don't know who said that but it's clear that it is a personality system and that's a good thing. Makes it more believable and interesting.

Reactions: n0cn1l
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes