Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
according to me no

and in fact all the examples I have given are prior to Josy's arrival.
that episode just blows the cap off.

why hasn't the same "hate" been created for Josy then?
they are characters presented differently, and Maya is presented BAD

then I prefer to talk about what I think, I find it hard to say what others think, assuming there is a right way
Josy gets barely any screentime prior to arriving at the end of Ep 3 whereas we've seen and interacted with Maya a lot, so there's a level of distance with people's feelings for Josy. Maya is only "presented bad" in the minds of some people because of how it ends up. If it had been revealed she had a boyfriend and was straight, then in Ep 4 the MC makes an empassioned plea for Maya to be with him instead, nobody would give a shit about anything Maya did before this, I guarantee it.

It's only because of the fact that she in a relationship with another LI thus preventing people from getting them separately (for now, at least), and that being on a certain affinity also means you don't get to be with them even if you've done everything with both or either of them. People keep hiding behind what she did as an excuse for what the real problem is; that they felt cucked. People would have no problem with Maya if she was straight or even gay, with a character we don't know, and the MC wins her over in Ep 4. But because it's someone we know, and they're another LI, and they can reject the MC, these people are just butthurt when they know damn well it woudn't be a problem if it worked out differently.

What should Rusty care that she is a friend of Tommy's stepsister?

that perhaps he will never see
Because it's called "casual conversation".

At the cum-petition:

Tommy: I don't believe it.
Rusty: What?
Tommy: See that girl that just came in with the HOTs? The blonde?
Rusty: Yeah?
Tommy: Her name's Maya. She's my sister Josy's best friend. Honestly never thought I'd see her here without Josy. That girl is practically joined at Josy's hip. Never seen the two of them apart before.

And with that, Rusty would have been told who Maya is.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Sub-par and contradictary writing.
I think that's a harsh criticism. Maya was conflicted all along. She was stuck in a lousy, long-distant, doomed relationship (she thought it was coming to an end) and the MC made her feel good. She didn't feel right about progressing with the mc but she really wanted to (that's often what leads to cheating in real life - and then there are the people who din't give a shit and cheat all the time). I's not bad writing to have a character mess things up.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
In this case, the MC wants to fuck his cake and eat it too (that was the best perversion of that saying I could come up with right now, maybe something better will come to me later...).
DPC wants to fuck his cake and eat it too... is now etched in my brain, along with Tybalt fucking his watermelon, and making a champagne spritzer with it afterwards..... Bravo bravo bravo!!
Time to flush this cesspool I call a brain after this post!

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I'm not even on team Maya (I think her head is too big for her body and it annoys me to look at her), but come on, she's not that bad. The poor kid just messed up a bit. She sucks the mc's cock, all should be forgiven.
Check what I wrote about Josy and then think about Maya. She first said she had a boyfriend, then she says she lied, making us think she's single. (And no, this isn't a white lie like Josy's. Maya should have known she was making things worse by telling us she lied and not telling the whole truth). She then says we shouldn't get feelings for her but doesn't stop any advances and keep planning things together. And that not mentioning the grind, the HOTs, the tightjob or anything else.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Your issue seems to be with the central gimmick of the game, i.e. the affinity mechanic. I think you just have to roll with it, personally. Of course it's not absolutely realistic, there's no way it could be, but it's a good stab at an approximation of what might be someone's "personality" or "vibe" or whatever. If you're going to suspend disbelief enough to play the game, I think it's reasonable to accept that the affinity will start to have more and more of an influence on how people react to the MC. So it's not just about a collection of moments/scenes that you have with a character, but rather the cumulative affect of the choices on the MC's character: how the MC carries himself, tone of voice etc affecting how the MC is perceived by others but which aren't necessarily visible in-game. Quinn is reacting to that, and she leans DIK in her preferences, which seems consistent, and explains why she accept your help on that path.
It's not even something you need to just roll with, using the skip feature for certain parts in a second playthrough with a different affinity, it actually changes how the MC talks, he's more crude and aggressive as a DIK

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Tommy: I don't believe it.
Rusty: What?
Tommy: See that girl that just came in with the HOTs? The blonde?
Rusty: Yeah?
Tommy: Her name's Maya. She's my sister Josy's best friend. Honestly never thought I'd see her here without Josy. That girl is practically joined at Josy's hip. Never seen the two of them apart before.

And with that, Rusty would have been told who Maya is.
That's a very metro, sensitive Tommy there. I'd see the conversation more like this.
Rusty: Check out the blonde over there, you ever seen her before?
Tommy: I don't think so, but she'll be on the end of my dick in no time!
Rusty: Who's that guy fucking her up the ass all of a sudden!
Tommy: That's my son!

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Check what I wrote about Josy and then think about Maya. She first said she had a boyfriend, then she says she lied, making us think she's single. (And no, this isn't a white lie like Josy's. Maya should have known she was making things worse by telling us she lied and not telling the whole truth). She then says we shouldn't get feelings for her but doesn't stop any advances and keep planning things together. And that not mentioning the grind, the HOTs, the tightjob or anything else.
Yeah but seriously, if all that happened to me and in the same week I fucked 10 other girls, I'd just take it in my stride. You win some you lose some. Now, off to the HOTs movie night...

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
DPC wants to fuck his cake and eat it too... is now etched in my brain, along with Tybalt fucking his watermelon, and making a champagne spritzer with it afterwards..... Bravo bravo bravo!!
Time to flush this cesspool I call a brain after this post!
I'm sure there's a type of cake that has watermelon on it so you can fuck your watermelon and your cake and then eat it all! Life doesn't get any better!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Arigon

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I think it's much more simple. Maya lied, Josy didn't, so Maya is disliked, Josy isn't. It doesn't have anything to do with being a guy or a girl. Your theory doesn't fit with if it the problem is being with a LI Maya is less liked than Josy, and they should be both hated equally, wich they aren't.
Guarantee that if Maya had been straight, or even gay, with a character we don't know and the MC won her over in Ep 4, nobody would give a shit about any of this. It's only because she's connected to another LI in a relationship and they can reject the MC on the DIK affinity that anybody really has a problem with this.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Josy gets barely any screentime prior to arriving at the end of Ep 3 whereas we've seen and interacted with Maya a lot, so there's a level of distance with people's feelings for Josy. Maya is only "presented bad" in the minds of some people because of how it ends up. If it had been revealed she had a boyfriend and was straight, then in Ep 4 the MC makes an empassioned plea for Maya to be with him instead, nobody would give a shit about anything Maya did before this, I guarantee it.

It's only because of the fact that she in a relationship with another LI thus preventing people from getting them separately (for now, at least), and that being on a certain affinity also means you don't get to be with them even if you've done everything with both or either of them. People keep hiding behind what she did as an excuse for what the real problem is; that they felt cucked. People would have no problem with Maya if she was straight or even gay, with a character we don't know, and the MC wins her over in Ep 4. But because it's someone we know, and they're another LI, and they can reject the MC, these people are just butthurt when they know damn well it woudn't be a problem if it worked out differently.

they seem to me a lot of prejudices, casually thrown on many people.

the fact that Maya is bisexual has a precise narrative purpose, and it is neither for emancipation nor for the modernity of the story, but only to set up a mini harem. how many strictly heterosexual girls are there in BADIK?

I don't understand then in a game in which the MC will probably be able to have sex with at least 80% of the female characters, and weave different relationships (from 4 to 7) to accept to have a relationship with 2 girls, in order not to replay the game or use the mod?

I would simply accept that people according to their experience, or sometimes their "dream", appreciate or not certain behaviors, more or less willingly forgive certain gestures.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Guarantee that if Maya had been straight, or even gay, with a character we don't know and the MC won her over in Ep 4, nobody would give a shit about any of this. It's only because she's connected to another LI in a relationship and they can reject the MC on the DIK affinity that anybody really has a problem with this.
To be honest, and not trying to sound like a lecherous fuck, I can't see how I'd be anything but happy if I was the MC when Josy rocked up at the door. All problems were solved in one fell swoop and the little bitch MC stormed off like a fucking drama queen. He really liked both girls, both girls really liked him and both girls liked each other. If the two girls weren't in a relationship and Josy showed up thinking she was just going to meet him, and he's there with another girl who just finished polishing his knob, he'd be fucked (figuratively), but instead it was glorious, and then he fucked it all up anyway (at least for a whole chapter before he pulled his head out of his ass).

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Why do you quote me on this one and not on the one that I respond to you about this topic :ROFLMAO: .

If it was what you say Josy would have gotten as much dislike as Maya. She didn't. I grant that Maya and Josy have different personalities and as such Josy handled the situation much better, but that's why I say that Maya was unintentionally toxic. Not that I don't understand where she's comming from, but she made things worse than they should have been.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I think that's a harsh criticism. Maya was conflicted all along. She was stuck in a lousy, long-distant, doomed relationship (she thought it was coming to an end) and the MC made her feel good. She didn't feel right about progressing with the mc but she really wanted to (that's often what leads to cheating in real life - and then there are the people who din't give a shit and cheat all the time). I's not bad writing to have a character mess things up.
I am going to continue on my path of DPC is a sub par writer, and a very very superb artist on Daz. He does the wingman trope superbly. Otherwise his writing is bringing down this story. The debates raging now only further my stated opinion, and the OP you responded to and myself often get roasted for being critical, but even Bacchus and Felice and others are getting on the band wagon. DPC hurts himself with his "fuck what everyone thinks attitude, I can write what I want" attitude. Yes he certainly can do that, and is entitled to write his story his way. I have never said otherwise. I have said there are consequences to that approach and I can tell you from my own unpleasant interactions with him, that his ego gets the better of him. Sure he may have 8k patrons, making $300k per month or whatever he is doing now with BaDIK. His future endeavors will be strongly affected by his ability to demonstrate his ability to deliver a good story. He didn't do that in Acting Lessons, as the plot was so riddled with faults that it makes even those who should like gut wrenching stories ask WTF was he thinking?

All that aside, he has set up a story in which we are going to be all led to a melancholy ending. This was supposed to be a college coming of age rom-com. Light hearted-his words not mine. Not some disaster like Acting Lessons. It shows his lack of depth. He takes characters that should be sympathetic, loved even, and turns them into controversy (Josy the original poster girl, Maya the sweet cutie now lying cunt and user((poster opinions, I don't care for her, but not THAT strongly) Bella as the secret axe murderer, Jill (the late adder and now poster girl) having a dick and or being the aunt (or insert any other silly thoughts wanted) I am betting she was just a nerdy overweight teenager until she broke out, and that is where the bullying came from but we have all this shit getting mixed in).

I don't know if he is writing based on some twisted memories of his own life, or spent too much time watching daily soap opera melodramas as a kid. The point of all that is, that he is demonstrating he is not multidimensional in his ability to write.

I think we don't make it to even the 12 episode mark, he is thinning the herd down already, and frankly I think he is probably tired of this story. I am afraid he will rush the ending and we will end up with only 2-4 more episodes. I could easily see it being rushed into two. That would be sad, sure. He has a lot of loose ends to tie up, but can he do them logically? I doubt it. He has a lot going on. Too much to be honest. If he is going to really do justice to the story, we need the 12 episodes, maybe more. I don't know if he has it left in him.
Peace

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
To be honest, and not trying to sound like a lecherous fuck, I can't see how I'd be anything but happy if I was the MC when Josy rocked up at the door. All problems were solved in one fell swoop and the little bitch MC stormed off like a fucking drama queen. He really liked both girls, both girls really liked him and both girls liked each other. If the two girls weren't in a relationship and Josy showed up thinking she was just going to meet him, and he's there with another girl who just finished polishing his knob, he'd be fucked (figuratively), but instead it was glorious, and then he fucked it all up anyway (at least for a whole chapter before he pulled his head out of his ass).
100% totally agree. Bad writing and needless drama. I would have been WAHOOOOOOOO two at once!

• Angry
Reactions: lTTMl and Maviarab

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I don't know why you keep assuming that the reason people don't like Maya is only because she is with another LI. I don't like Maya because her meek, submissive personality is not attractive to me and that we have no choice but to be dragged into her drama.

You might be unable to see this because she's obviously your favorite but you keep ignoring all the stuff felicemastronzo and others have been saying and keep repeating the same thing and ignoring everything else people are saying.

Last edited:

rj677

May 30, 2020
Like I said before in many occasions, I think that should depend on affinity. A DIK MC who had sex with almost everybody in the school shouldn't be ButtHurt about it for a whole episode. He should be excited that they are both there to be conquered but at the same time be a bit angry with Maya because she lied to the MC. But after Sage and the HOTs Movie Night "emotional and physical" support that should pass.

And then bad writing aspect comes when you come to a single and powerful conclusion: ep6 Quinn rejected your help because of affinity even doe you choose everything with her. Being a ButtHurt for the whole ep4 without a single choice of the player isn't affinty based :illuminati:

PS: Maya saying she didnt have a boyfriend is a LIE in this case, because the MC wouldn't think she is a lesbian (even tho these days people should really be aware of that possibility)

KoolMe

Jun 23, 2019
I still don't understand what all this has to do with Maya

following Sage is very frustrating, she continues to refuse to engage with MC for another man, who is an "enemy" of MC. yet no one (or a few at least) hates Sage

Josy who is very similar to Maya as a sentimental dynamic (not as a character) is however "hated" much less
there is a difference between hate and dislike
i dislike broccoli so i choose to ignore it
but i hate it when my veg girlfriend forces me eat broccoli every fucking day
same thing with maya and dpc

how could you compare Sage to Maya:WaitWhat:
i cant remember her ever being dishonest
she made it clear she just wants to be fuckbuddys no strings attached
she had her hang ups but never gave mc false romantic hopes
She teaches mc to manage college life

And we make fun of dwae together
what more do you want in a girl

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
to much wall of text again :ROFLMAO: Here, drool over this instead:cool:. Now, this should have been in the game. May be it will be, also can't help at myself but wonder, how this Jacket would look on Josy :love:

View attachment 913958
View attachment 913959
View attachment 913961
September 2020 btw
This is what we need, more moments with the girls, happy, doing fun things TOGETHER

4.80 star(s) 1,529 Votes