AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I'm not saying she can't be both

but Josy after that exploit against Quinn disappears completely, she even tries to convince MC through messages on the cell phone and not in person, when they meet Jill in the library she manages to sigh at best, she doesn't speak to him.

then reappears on the evening of the clarification with a very passive role (I would say outside her character), possibly even at the picnic she is very passive, more passive than Maya usually is.

then she reappears after her father's visit, and is already a "strange" version of Josy, on the one hand she stabs MC very painfully in the back in case they refused his proposal, or she is completely disinterested in Maya's disappearance to have a healthy fuck with MC

in the sixth chapter there is only the love doctor Josy, unable even to manage a talkative like Becky who openly teases Maya.

I understand that this Josy is used to unlock Maya, which has a narrative function but I liked the old one a lot.
instead from being brave and unconscious, she becomes fearful as few and then re-emerges as a sex therapist

I doubt I was clear ...

Your posts have ridiculous accusations and clearly shows how subjective your views are in this topic.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
This whole subject blows my mind really. I think this gaming environment (with its harems and so on - I'm not referring to BaDIK here, but all the other games in the genre) has created a mentality that the player is entitled to everything and the world revolves around the player. Of course the game was created for the players so some of that makes sense, but this abhorrence that the will of every other character in the game might not gravitate to the player is not healthy. It's bordering on the incel mentality. It's like did none of these players ever have a girlfriend that ended up with someone else? If that's not the case then you either never had a girlfriend, ended up marrying the first girl you dated, ended up marrying every girl you dated, killed each girl after you finished dating them, and I can't come up with any more permutations but I'm sure there are heaps more that are ridiculous...
I hope these games are not creating a mass of kids who behave like this in real life because then we will have a problem hahaha

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I disagree that there was anything in Maya's behaviour as presented by DPC that led to this feeling in some players. The problem has always been for these people that 2 LIs who were initially separate became connected by the fact that they were in a relationship with each other. This meant that those who were only interested in one of them now had to contend with either being with both even if they didn't want one of them, or not being with either and giving up the one they want.

This is what created that "unpleasant" feeling for some because the general rule of thumb in these games is that, when a LI is already in an established relationship with a guy, then the MC is going to be able to take her away from him. This is why Sage is not disliked nor Josy (through the first 3 chapters) because knowing they were already in a relationship with a guy, or believed to be a guy, is not a problem for people, but DPC flipped the script and connected 2 LIs by having them be in a relationship, and this is what some people have a problem with, not with the way the characters are presented.

People like to say that it was the "lies" and "deceit", but really they're just annoyed that they can't have either of them separately and that they essentially got "cucked" by a LI they had not interest in. So it's never really been about the characters, it's about how DPC put them in a relationship with each other that, deep down, has always been the issue for some people.
I think it's much more simple. Maya lied, Josy didn't, so Maya is disliked, Josy isn't. It doesn't have anything to do with being a guy or a girl. Your theory doesn't fit with if it the problem is being with a LI Maya is less liked than Josy, and they should be both hated equally, wich they aren't.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This whole subject blows my mind really. I think this gaming environment (with its harems and so on - I'm not referring to BaDIK here, but all the other games in the genre) has created a mentality that the player is entitled to everything and the world revolves around the player. Of course the game was created for the players so some of that makes sense, but this abhorrence that the will of every other character in the game might not gravitate to the player is not healthy. It's bordering on the incel mentality. It's like did none of these players ever have a girlfriend that ended up with someone else? If that's not the case then you either never had a girlfriend, ended up marrying the first girl you dated, ended up marrying every girl you dated, killed each girl after you finished dating them, and I can't come up with any more permutations but I'm sure there are heaps more that are ridiculous...
I still don't understand what all this has to do with Maya

following Sage is very frustrating, she continues to refuse to engage with MC for another man, who is an "enemy" of MC. yet no one (or a few at least) hates Sage

Josy who is very similar to Maya as a sentimental dynamic (not as a character) is however "hated" much less

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I still don't understand what all this has to do with Maya

following Sage is very frustrating, she continues to refuse to engage with MC for another man, who is an "enemy" of MC. yet no one (or a few at least) hates Sage

Josy who is very similar to Maya as a sentimental dynamic (not as a character) is however "hated" much less
I guess everyone else put their cards on the table. Josy told the mc after just one kiss that she was in a relationship. So he continues chasing her at his own peril. Sage is hurting and the mc knows it and she's using him to try to hurt Chad and the mc knows that too. The mc's not being cheated on by Chad, the mc's assisting Sage's to cheat on Chad. It's only Maya that doesn't let the mc know she's in a relationship, if anything she tells him that she lies to people that she has a boyfriend to get them off her back, so she steers the mc's understanding in the wrong direction. Maya didn't lie as such, but it feels like she was leading the mc on without filling him in with the situation. The other characters don't do that.

Reactions: ename144 and rj677

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I guess everyone else put their cards on the table. Josy told the mc after just one kiss that she was in a relationship. So he continues chasing her at his own peril. Sage is hurting and the mc knows it and she's using him to try to hurt Chad and the mc knows that too. The mc's not being cheated on by Chad, the mc's assisting Sage's to cheat on Chad. It's only Maya that doesn't let the mc know she's in a relationship, if anything she tells him that she lies to people that she has a boyfriend to get them off her back, so she steers the mc's understanding in the wrong direction. Maya didn't lie as such, but it feels like she was leading the mc on without filling him in with the situation. The other characters don't do that.
ok, then this is the problem, not the caste of independent women haters.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
ok, then this is the problem, not the caste of independent women haters.
It's the detail that sets her apart but it doesn't justify the hate. It still requires an unjustified, inflated ego to get bent out of shape because if it (no offence to anyone here :whistle:).

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I assume Tommy knows Maya through Josy (though not their actual relationship); hence why he was interrupted, to avoid revealing the secrets ahead of time.
Of course he knows her, and he was definitely about to say something along the lines of, "my sister's friend", when they mentioned Maya in Ep 2, but that would obviously have given the game away considering we find out that Tommy is Josy's step-brother during the date in that same episode.

When you first meet her she doesn't have anything nice to say about anyone
View attachment 913852
and I believe her comments about the Alpha's and the DIK's were more than a little judgemental
Everybody is judgemental, this is hardly that big of an issue.

She also shows her willingness to use people
View attachment 913863
Same could be said of Mona, Camila, Ashley, and pretty much every other HOT who is going for/getting this "free tuition".

When you look at her argument with Josy you can see that she has a tendency to be mean and to lash out at people
View attachment 913866 View attachment 913867
We don't know the degree to which they were "mean". If she'd called Josy names like "bitch", "whore", etc, then that's definitely mean, but if it had just been something like, "you obviously don't care about me", then yes, that would hurt Josy to read that, but it's just Maya being irrationally emotional and people are like that in the heat of the moment.

That's not "cold and hurtful", that's Maya saying that she was trying to spare Josy's feelings. She was clearly worried that, with all the fighting, they might break up, and if that were the case then this plan of Maya's would no longer benefit Josy. So rather than get Josy's hopes up and risk devastating her more if things didn't work out, she kept it to herself, probably until she could be assured it would work. It could been seen as an error in judgement, sure, but it would seem to me that she didn't want to promise something to Josy that might not happen.

In the library scene Maya, and Josy too, are very insensitive, making out in front of the MC despite being aware of how he feels about them.
The 2 were overcome with emotion, can't really blame them for that.

Also in episode 5, instead of putting on a brave face and being there for her lover, she turns around and walks away.
I said this once before, but it's like if someone has recently lost their parent; they can be for happy for their partner to see them enjoy a nice moment with their father/mother, but if they've just recently lost their father/mother, then it's going to make them feel upset and you can't blame them for getting emotional and needing a moment alone.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Of course he knows her, and he was definitely about to say something along the lines of, "my sister's friend", when they mentioned Maya in Ep 2, but that would obviously have given the game away considering we find out that Tommy is Josy's step-brother during the date in that same episode.
Is that the scene when he's talking to Rusty? I thought he was about to say something like, "that's the one that Quinn is messing with". But I think you're right, at the time we didn't know the link between Maya and Josy and in hindsight now it makes a lot of sense.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's the detail that sets her apart but it doesn't justify the hate. It still requires an unjustified, inflated ego to get bent out of shape because if it (no offence to anyone here :whistle:).
I don't think that even loving her, or other characters, is a good sign ..

in a forum there is chatter, hate and love are very diluted and little blood

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
What should Rusty care that she is a friend of Tommy's stepsister?

that perhaps he will never see

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I don't think that even loving her, or other characters, is a good sign ..

in a forum there is chatter, hate and love are very diluted and little blood
You can get heavily invested in a character in a book, movie or game and feel distraught when something horrible happens (there are gut wrenching scenes in so many movies), and when betrayal occurs in movies it hurts, but it's just that I don't see Maya's actions are anywhere near that level.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Josy and Maya handled things very differently. She intended to have a one night stand with the MC and leave everything and everyone behind. When she realized the MC had feelings for her (which she also had, but she didn't know he did too) she aknowledged being in a relationship not to hurt him or make things worse.

And there is Maya. I grant she might not be intentionally toxic but holy cow.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
in the sixth chapter there is only the love doctor Josy, unable even to manage a talkative like Becky who openly teases Maya.

I understand that this Josy is used to unlock Maya, which has a narrative function but I liked the old one a lot.
instead from being brave and unconscious, she becomes fearful as few and then re-emerges as a sex therapist

I doubt I was clear ...
It is. At this point, the throuple is all about Maya's issue with her dad. Josy doesn't really have any personal issue anymore. All her previous problems have been solved (she got accepted into B&R, her relationship with her dad is fine, she has both Maya and the MC). She doesn't share Maya's doubts and apprehensions toward her sexuality and being intimate with the MC. She's making new friends and has no real beef with anyone. Her grudge toward Tommy is minor nuisance at best.

Her only real problems are by extension Maya's issues, which trap her character in a passive role since she isn't the key to solve it. Even the threesome was focused on Maya's apprehension.

IMHO the throuple really damaged her character. DPC hasn't really shown a new side of her personality except being chatty and friendly.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
And there is Maya. I grant she might not be intentionally toxic but holy cow.
I'm not even on team Maya (I think her head is too big for her body and it annoys me to look at her), but come on, she's not that bad. The poor kid just messed up a bit. She sucks the mc's cock, all should be forgiven.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Only AFTER she tells you she is in a relationship and the MC does what? Oh yeah..ignores her and carries on chasing her.

Theh she tells you that statement about lying. So not entirely all her fault now is it? I'll dare to say it again..all of this VN's character issues are caused by the same constant. Sub-par and contradictary writing.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It is. At this point, the throuple is all about Maya's issue with her dad. Josy doesn't really have any personal issue anymore. All her previous problems have been solved (she got accepted into B&R, her relationship with her dad is fine, she has both Maya and the MC). She doesn't share Maya's doubts and apprehensions toward her sexuality and being intimate with the MC. She's making new friends and has no real beef with anyone. Her grudge toward Tommy is minor nuisance at best.

Her only real problems are by extension Maya's issues, which trap her character in a passive role since she isn't the key to solve it. Even the threesome was focused on Maya's apprehension.

IMHO the throuple really damaged her character. DPC hasn't really shown a new side of her personality except being chatty and friendly.
you understood me!! :cry: :cry:

+2RP

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
There is that whole cock-hungry side of her that we never saw before. In her parents bed it was all about the anticipation of human contact and feeling special, but in the garden with Maya, she was drooling for cock! So it seems she's developed a bit. ;)

4.80 star(s) 1,529 Votes