Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Sorry shurmano but she is a low tier girl :LUL:
:mad:
0:27
People like what they can't have, and so far we can't bang nerd chicks.

With only two, Sally and KRJ, and Sally might not be an option, since at this point we can't bang taken girls, yet.

Leaves us with only KRJ. She'll be screaming so loud her hearing aids won't stop going off.
Sally is objectively better at being a nerdy girl, but KRJ is ok too. For now Sally seems more of a running gag than a serious character except for the Xanax part. So maybe there is a future for her with character development and/or banging options?

KiwamiLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
Finally managed to fully play this new update and boy it was a very big one, the largest update so far? It was very pleasant to see another RPG session and even better to see it being longer, also nice to see more of Quinn's backstory and how everything is going to hell for her. It wasn't as funny as the previous episodes but that was fine by me, that cliffhanger sure as hell was interesting one (is it right to consider him as an antagonist?). So far my top waifus are still Bella, Jill (both are tied at the 2nd place) and our redhead queen Sage. What are your thoughts on this update?

MexicanoHueBR

Nov 29, 2017
Hey guys, I downloaded the game Compressed and I have a problem in chapter 5, I couldn't fix it at all, so I decided to download the game Full, but the error still insists, I wanted to know the name of the game folder that is in appdata for to be able to eliminate the save completely and start from the beginning taking all the Special Render!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
l think the library scene achieves quite a bit, but a lot of it is either conditional or background material. That's generally thankless work, because while we all remember the big events, it's the groundwork laid out in smaller scenes that makes them resonate.

So to look at the library scene for a moment, I would say it does the following things:
  1. Shows the interaction between the MC and Bella in the wake of her spending the night with him [Conditional]
  2. Shows the friendship between the MC, Maya and Josy in the wake of their reconciliation
  3. Establishes that mild tension exists between Jill and Maya/Josy [semi-Conditional]
  4. Reiterates the point that the MC is going to take his studies more seriously in the wake of Hell Week
  5. Explores Sage's views on work-life balance
  6. Shows Maya is comfortable enough with the MC to openly flirt with him [Conditional]
  7. Advances the Derek/Wendy sub-plot [optional]
  8. Establishes future work opportunities at the library [Conditional on mini-games, possibly Bella path]
  9. Shows us more of Quinn's network, establishes Sally's role in it
  10. Gives us the return of KRJ!
It also theoretically gives us a lighthearted diversion in the D&G game (YMMV), which might conceivably serve as a bonding moment for the main cast at a later date.

So I do think the scene was important and productive, but it's all buildup (unless you like D&G enough to consider it the payoff). Beyond that, some of the best bits are dependent on pursuing Maya or Bella (or liking KRJ), so they may not apply to everyone.

It also drops the ball in a few areas, particularly involving Jill. She's supposed to be banned from seeing the MC, but you'd never know it from how she acts here; she makes noises about leaving, but she never does so and otherwise it's pretty much business as usual. Even the awkwardness of having the three girls together is just acknowledged rather than directly addressed. (Plus, it rings false when Jill has decided to stop seeing the MC, or when M&J are just friends).

So I think the scene is fine in theory, but the execution wasn't the best and placing the massive D&G sidequest in the middle of it called more attention to it than it was really suited to handle.
  1. Shows the interaction between the MC and Bella in the wake of her spending the night with him [Conditional]
    ok, but insignificant
  2. Shows the friendship between the MC, Maya and Josy in the wake of their reconciliation
    in theory they have already reconciled, the dialogues are the same as if we were in their route only no effusions, nothing that allows us to glimpse the solo route
  3. Establishes that mild tension exists between Jill and Maya/Josy [semi-Conditional]
    it seems to me that only MC warns her tension (even if there is nothing with Jill) and maybe Maya, Josy and Jill get along too wel
  4. Reiterates the point that the MC is going to take his studies more seriously in the wake of Hell Week
    oh well .. wow
    if we eat together she already tells us, ok let's call it character deepening
  6. Shows Maya is comfortable enough with the MC to openly flirt with him [Conditional]
    in what situation? say with the pact accepted? if so ok, let's say an aperitif before the threesome teaser trailer
    ok, who knows if it will have serious implications or just a skit during the lessons
  8. Establishes future work opportunities at the library [Conditional on mini-games, possibly Bella path]
    ok, but insignificant
    I think it's the most important note, it also creates a connection between the nerds and Quinn, which could be important
    no comment . we never fall for it !!!

you seemed pretty optimistic in trying to make sense of it :p :D

Last edited:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
That's not the issue. The Big Sur update on Mac broke that workaround. Any ideas on how to fix the issue? View attachment 915751
The problem: during unzipping, the executable files in the game package lost their execute permission, so the app won't run.
Solution: if you still have the zip file, try unzipping it with The Unarchiver instead of the default archive utility. The Unarchiver tends to be better in preserving these execute permissions.
If you've already deleted the zip and don't want to download the 11 GB again, you can fix the permissions yourself in Terminal.

In Terminal, type 'chmod a+x ' without the quotes and drag the first executable in the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path to the executable file. Hit enter. Repeat for the second file.

To find the executables, right click on the game and choose Show package contents. Then go to Contents/MacOS. The file you are looking for is called BeinADIK. The second one (same name) is in Contents/MacOS/lib/darwinx86-64.

And has nothing to do with Big Sur. I've seen this happen on High Sierra as well, and with other games too.

wackojack0

Jun 5, 2020
Change the MC's name? You can do it in game if you have access to the phone. Go to the Bio screen and click the dots in the upper right-hand corner. That will bring you a screen that can change the MC's name and a few other in-game handles.
View attachment 914794 View attachment 914795

Note that you can revert this change if you scroll back dialog to before the point you made the change. You will also have to reset Pet Names separately (or get called by the old name in lewd scenes).
Thanks

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
every time I replay it I move to the DIK side of the force ... :eek: :cool:

the first time I put most of the blame on Maya, but playing it over and over again I realize that Columbine will have started like this

Josy in the bathroom carries out one of the worst defenses in history, asking MC to stay and discuss it after she was the first to escape.
View attachment 912413 View attachment 912416 View attachment 912418 View attachment 912419 View attachment 912420 View attachment 912421 View attachment 912423

and the next day when we meet again our loyal maggot Derek he reveals what bothered him in seeing MC with Maya

View attachment 912425 View attachment 912427 View attachment 912428

I think Tommy and Ashley are right:ROFLMAO::cry::p

with Derek I'm having my revenge.

first I made him take the crabs, then I made him go with the old one and now the final blow:
screenshot0060.png screenshot0061.png screenshot0062.png

:devilish::devilish::devilish:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
    ok, but insignificant
    1. To each their own. I find watching the small ways characters react to each other is a big part of the appeal in this game.
    in theory they have already reconciled, the dialogues are the same as if we were in their route only no effusions, nothing that allows us to glimpse the solo route
    1. Yes, they've reconciled. What does that mean in practice? We spent most of Episodes 1 and 2 setting up the initial routine with Maya. This is part of establishing the new routine with M&J. This is necessary regardless of whether the MC tried for something more (though obviously the routine itself will be different). Pesonally, I'd have preferred more buildup before Maya's dad dropped in on us, but that just makes this all the more important.
    it seems to me that only MC warns her tension (even if there is nothing with Jill) and maybe Maya, Josy and Jill get along too wel
    1. As I said, the scene could have used more depth here, especially on paths where both the MC and Jill seem disinterested in more dates. But it does establish that there is still tension between the four, and it's clear this will come up again.
    oh well .. wow
    1. This could wind up being meaningful, if DPC wants it to. The point is made several times that the MC is trying to turn over a new leaf after Hell Week. Establishing a mundane backdrop of studying would be important for that... if it ever amounts to anything. I'm certainly curious to see what the next Gender Studies mini-game will be.
    if we eat together she already tells us, ok let's call it character deepening
    1. She says she's working on it, but that doesn't quite convey the scope of it; I know dissertations are a big deal in real life, but real life and B&R are hardly identical twins!
    in what situation? say with the pact accepted? if so ok, let's say an aperitif before the threesome teaser trailer
    1. Yes, obviously only if she's not-legally-dating the MC. Just because there's a big sex scene later in the day doesn't mean Maya's flirting scene here isn't important. It's like foreplay for AVN gamers. ;)
    ok, who knows if it will have serious implications or just a skit during the lessons
    1. I think it will be part of Derek's arc. The implication seems to be that we can steer Derek into embracing a more committed path with Ashley or sticking with his desire not to be tied down by chasing other girls on the list. I could see this mattering either way, though it seems more likely on the Ashley side.
    ok, but insignificant
    1. I'm inclined to agree, but DPC spent a lot of time on that mansion mini-game, so who knows how that money could be used in the future. At any rate, a regular chance to hang out with Bella could certainly matter.
    I think it's the most important note, it also creates a connection between the nerds and Quinn, which could be important
    no comment . we never fall for it !!!
    1. Since when? Everyone knows loves KRJ, except maybe cows!
I added my responses above.

you seemed pretty optimistic in trying to make sense of it :p :D
I'm firmly of the opinion that you can't have big, powerful scenes if there aren't smaller, mundane scenes between them to make the big ones stand out. Perhaps I just have a higher tolerance for filler?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes