shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Not done anything with Quinn and I still had to sit through extended scenes of her selling drugs or going to pick up drugs or grooming girls.
Not pursuing Bella but I still had to go over to her house and have half of Episode 5 be doing yoga with her and making pancakes.
Funny how only two girls get this complaint thrown at them and everybody else gets a free pass.
The Quinn drug scenes are likely integral to the overall plot (which doesn't necessarily involve the mc but I expect it will come to a head and he will be dragged in to it).

The Bella sleep over with pancakes had the potential to be a bit strange. One play through that I did, I was mean and insulting to Bella and Jill every chance I had (total DIK), told Jill I wasn't good for her during the tennis date and Bella actually hated me and yet after sorting Cathy out (which it seems in the long run was all for nothing anyway), when calling Bella, "Isabella", she says, "Bella is fine" and then it's pancake city! So much for the Ice Queen. I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and that scene would still go the same way.

That said, the other two girls you're alluding to are also likely to be integral to the overall plot, that, or maybe they are the mc's friends and friends help each other...

Reactions: yngve and ename144

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
There isn't much under that folder just the "replies" folder and the below files, most of the content is probably in the scripts.rpa file.

Untitled.png

Tigryss

Jun 9, 2020
Do you want the scripts RPA file too? Also, I'm pretty sure that folder only contains episodes 1, 2 & 3. The other scripts are stored separately.
yeah, I try to figure out the bug chat_josy.rpy
because game/scripts/phone/chat/*.rpy are missing there is nothing just the cheat mode replay scripts

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Thanks a lot, do you have also problem with 23freeroam chat_josy?
Nope, no problems at the moment. Just curious, did you download the full version of 6.0 or just the patch. The patch didn't work for me so I downloaded the full 6.0 version.

Tigryss

Jun 9, 2020
Nope, no problems at the moment. Just curious, did you download the full version of 6.0 or just the patch. The patch didn't work for me so I downloaded the full 6.0 version.
I tried first with 5.1 > 6.1 patch but didn't worked then I downloaded the full 6.1 version copied the saves and it's also corrupt...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I added my responses above.

I'm firmly of the opinion that you can't have big, powerful scenes if there aren't smaller, mundane scenes between them to make the big ones stand out. Perhaps I just have a higher tolerance for filler?
I'm sorry if I made fun of you a bit, but I was amused by the idea that you had found all these reasons of interest in a moment of filling a fairly transitional chapter.

but you are absolutely right, all these small everyday moments serve to create that bond that then give meaning and drama to the important moments in history. so in fact there are no useless moments when we see the characters interact with each other.

however there are 2 and a half points on which I do not agree with you anyway.

I start from the half point because it is the most subjective one. the day after interactions with Bella are among the best, they are both tender and fun (not just the caress on the hand, but also the jokes between the shelves, the gag of Derek's phone call ..). but until proven otherwise, for me nothing about Bella is significant. the dramatic scene of chapter 3 had no consequences. the fact that all DIKs (including mole) know she had sex with MC I doubt it will have any consequences. Bella continues to oscillate between a nympho, a desperate wife close to collapse and a girl who is falling in love. everything about her is transitory.

the other point I disagree on is the matter of routine with Maya and Josy. up to that point we have already seen them attend college courses together and have lunch together. and they are both much more successful moments than the studio, which is really boring, even the part with Josy is a hidden tutorial. so it's the third example of their new routine, but it's the worst, least fun and most boring.
(a little digression, I would have liked it very much if the friendship path had had some exclusive scenes, even just some more dialogue, instead it is clearly the path of the unlucky and the losers)

the last point I disagree with you on is the ankwardness among 4. that is basically a wrong scene. I repeat myself: the only two who should be strongly uncomfortable with each other are Jill and Josy who are fully aware that they both feel, or have felt something for MC, and instead they are the 2 most serene and get along very well (probably for some need for a plot to be discovered), we don't know if Maya is aware of it, but having never mentioned the fact, she may not be.
furthermore the fact that the scene is identical even though MC has no interest in Jill makes it even more wrong and a filler by definition, which has the only function of being the nth warning to MC about the risk of being discovered (like the chat with Derek, the reflections with Jill's photo etc which are still much better scenes). so it's a scene that has a (redundant) function but makes little sense.

p.s. I will not fall into your easy taunts on KRJ, no ass, more cows :p :ROFLMAO:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
The Quinn drug scenes are likely integral to the overall plot (which doesn't necessarily involve the mc but I expect it will come to a head and he will be dragged in to it).

The Bella sleep over with pancakes had the potential to be a bit strange. One play through that I did, I was mean and insulting to Bella and Jill every chance I had (total DIK), told Jill I wasn't good for her during the tennis date and Bella actually hated me and yet after sorting Cathy out (which it seems in the long run was all for nothing anyway), when calling Bella, "Isabella", she says, "Bella is fine" and then it's pancake city! So much for the Ice Queen. I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and that scene would still go the same way.

That said, the other two girls you're alluding to are also likely to be integral to the overall plot, that, or maybe they are the mc's friends and friends help each other...
Which brings us full circle right back to where this conversation was dozens of pages ago. Why is MC still friends with Josy and Maya? It's one of the most heinous WTF moments in this game that make absolutely zero sense.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

the real oddity in the whole story is actually Sage.

it is enough to refuse to teach her to play the guitar (it seems to me in the second chapter) to make her practically disappear. a really sensitive girl who understands that no means no.

sincerely that we continue to have interactions with people we know in college is normal, and it is also credible that a story that is closed for us is not immediately closed for them

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Which brings us full circle right back to where this conversation was dozens of pages ago. Why is MC still friends with Josy and Maya? It's one of the most heinous WTF moments in this game that make absolutely zero sense.
Neither of them was really his girlfriend, he messed around with both of them and they ended up with each other rather than him. I think heinous is way overstating it, but awkward for sure.

Reactions: ename144
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes