Jun 9, 2020
Hi scrappy I got an error If I try to chat with Josy and Dad
View attachment 913540

and seams missing some files
File "game/scripts/phone/chat/chat_josy.rpy"
File "game/scripts/phone/chat/chat_dad.rpy"
File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode6/ep6_freeroam_diks2.rpy"

View attachment 913545

is there any ad-hoc solution for this issue? :))

Uhh and in "23rd free roam" missing
- you can reply to the last entry of the Rooster app
- reply to Quinn

but it's because missing files :D

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It makes sense in case of Jill thought.
She isn't someone which does sleep around for fun, in her case it's about strong feelings, maybe a comited relation.

And u can have always a 2nd,3rd run so u can see all scenes, if AL teached us something than, fucking around as soon as a relationship get even remotely serious is a bad choice.
I have not explained myself well, it is very good for me that each LI has its own times

the problem, mine at least, that a loyal path leads you to games that tend to be boring and empty, in which there are few events that interest you, and those that are mandatory become very boring, frustrating

going to the bar with Tommy without knowing Nora and without wanting to do anything with Envy is frustrating, is it right?

and this is pestering me especially now, that there is not even the distraction of Hells Week

Reactions: DavDR

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Well, maybe 0.6 could have been released a month earlier and we'll be a month closer to 0.7 so in a way things could have progressed quicker, if not further
Yes that's a possibility, not a guarantee but could be. My point is just more for the people that think the DnG game took away the Maya dad scene or the Bella door scene, which it did not, because those scenes are going to happen when they happen.

I liked the DnG, anytime we can get more Magnar and Sally is a ++ in my books.

rj677

May 30, 2020
It is quite troubling to think that DPC is seemingly surrounding themselves with sycophants and 'yes' men and is apparently extremely resistant to even the mildest of critiques. Obviously this is their game and they decide what's going to happen, but it doesn't hurt to allow some dissent every once in a while and to hear out people who have some constructive criticism.
Thats why I am a bit worried after last Fridays status update when DPC said "These cards have opened up new possibilities for me and for the game". I am worried that he tries to do more and more and just overcomplicates stuff and starts doing things "just because he can" and not "because the game needs it". And if he really is surrounded by 'Yes' men, nobody would tell him their criticism.

Having said this, if he doesn't ruin Sage for me while he does his usual shenanigans Im playing the game until the end :sneaky:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I have not explained myself well, it is very good for me that each LI has its own times

the problem, mine at least, that a loyal path leads you to games that tend to be boring and empty, in which there are few events that interest you, and those that are mandatory become very boring, frustrating

going to the bar with Tommy without knowing Nora and without wanting to do anything with Envy is frustrating, is it right?

and this is pestering me especially now, that there is not even the distraction of Hells Week
Yeah i can understand ur concern, it will require more events for the loyal paths, with the choosen LI to stay interesting.
I don't think all of the paths will seperate soon thought, maybe more like in the begining of season 3.
In Jill's case it was kind of a necesarity, to get some development with her, i mean don't doing anything with her until endgame is just bad.

Well i would wish he goes back to a more light hearted tone like hell week, but with the drama coming in from all sides...well at least it shouldn't get boring.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
DPC is clearly doing something right or he/she wouldn't have the level of support their games have. If they listened and took on board every idea or criticism, you would have a game that the vast majority of people wouldn't like either.

You seem very single minded in what YOU want from BADIK. If you don't like how the game is for you, don't support it or play it. The fact you have been banned suggests the issue is with you and not with DPC. Sorry if you don't like that but you don't see droves of other supporters and patreons being banned. If you want a game that fits your perfect idea of what a great VN should be, make your own one and you can have full control of the content.
Doing something right doesn't put people over constructive criticism which by the way is not allowed on their discord channel.

I am not going to simply say "oh yeah it is great" when i see something as bizarre as what DPC did in this chapter by wasting time and resources on a minigame that added nothing to the game's progression. And i pretty sure others around here are of a similar mind in this matter.

Reactions: DavDR

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Thats why I am a bit worried after last Fridays status update when DPC said "These cards have opened up new possibilities for me and for the game". I am worried that he tries to do more and more and just overcomplicates stuff and starts doing things "just because he can" and not "because the game needs it". And if he really is surrounded by 'Yes' men, nobody would tell him their criticism.

Having said this, if he doesn't ruin Sage for me while he does his usual shenanigans Im playing the game until the end :sneaky:
I'm pretty sure the motherfucker knows what he's doing. he's already pulled all this shit off without any help from all of us. :rolleyes:

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
I've heard it from a few people and been on the receiving end myself; you criticise or even offer some constructive criticism on how to make something better (as I did), and you get banned, not just from Discord, but Patreon too. From this, DPC would appear to be very single-minded and not interested in what their fans/supporters didn't/don't like. They don't have to like it or even do anything with the suggestions and criticism they receive, but they should at least allow it. Sometimes it can be good to get the perspective of others as it may change your own viewpoint, but DPC doesn't seem to receptive to that at all.
If DPC were to take into consideration every bit of criticism, suggestion or request he gets from his fans and patrons, then Maya would be dead for undisclosed reasons by the time ep.4 started.
Quinn would accidentally trip over a gun and get shot half a million times.
Tommy would OD while watching MC have a threesome with Josy and Heather.
Sage would simply forget Chad ever existed and move on unscathed.
The DIK frat would disband after the whole Cathy cluck drama, because who the fuck needs dudes in an adult VN, amarite?

And with all that bullshit out of the way, every subsequent episode would revolve around MC courting Bella and Jill, with some optional, noncommittal side action from time to time.

No drama, no story arcs and definitely none of that silly character development.
Just sunshine and rainbows with one lewd scene after another.

Constructive criticism helps us improve and see things from different perspectives. I'm sure DPC knows that. Unfortunately for him not all of his fans understand what constructive criticism is. Most can only regurgitate things like: "u sux", "ur gaem sux", "Jill is best girl" and my personal favorite: "ur mom is gay lol".

When you have 9K+ patrons and at least half of them have an opinion to voice, then things get a little crazy. I can't blame him for ignoring every bit of criticism he gets. But if you care about your sanity and wish to see your work through to the end, then that's probably the only sensible thing to do. It's far from ideal, but what else can a single person do and still be productive?

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Doing something right doesn't put people over constructive criticism which by the way is not allowed on their discord channel.

I am not going to simply say "oh yeah it is great" when i see something as bizarre as what DPC did in this chapter by wasting time and resources on a minigame that added nothing to the game's progression. And i pretty sure others around here are of a similar mind in this matter.
This shit is so subjective, y'all acting like the DnG game is a clear cut case of madness, that's just the opinion of some vs the opinion of others. The only thing I didn't like was the hunt the pixel stuff. So I just didn't do it. I like the mansion cleanup game, I liked the DnG and overall I'm satisfied with this episode.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018

Maybe he is going to add some kind of "Ultimate Fraternity" mode like the ultimate team mode in FIFA. You spend can spend extra money to open Dik card packs to build the ultimate fraternity with great rare cards such as Dildo helmet Derek and classics such as first year Tommy:KEK:

toramisu

Oct 14, 2018
Can I get some quick help?
The patch files are .rpa but the ones on the game folder is rpy
Am I missing something?

Fap2766

Sep 17, 2020

To some of us, a good VN is about the journey and not the race to the end. A lot of people enjoy the mini games - I do. It's fine if we disagree but it's DPC's game to make how they please. It's not like there are no other VNs out there if you don't enjoy BADIK.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Can I get some quick help?
The patch files are .rpa but the ones on the game folder is rpy
Am I missing something?
Yep, my understanding is you can't patch version 5.2 if you got it from here. So you'll need to download the full version 6.

• Red Heart
Reactions: toramisu

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
It's true DPC has an outline for the entire saga and a general timeline that he uses to chart the beats needed in each episode, but it's all malleable. Episodes are not completely pre-planned or pre-written. More story progression could absolutely be included if less time were spent on D&G production.

I'm not advocating for removing mini-games (I actually enjoyed the mansion rebuild and the first D&G), but at a certain point you have to ease back on the (unskippable) side game throttle. Constantly adding new mini/side games can lead to stagnation in the main story. It's time to level off, at least for season 2. Throw in another D&G if you absolutely have to, but let's compromise and make it shorter, like the first one.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It's true DPC has an outline for the entire saga and a general timeline that he uses to chart the beats needed in each episode, but it's all malleable. Episodes are not completely pre-planned or pre-written. More story progression could absolutely be included if less time were spent on D&G production.

I'm not advocating for removing mini-games (I actually enjoyed the mansion rebuild and the first D&G), but at a certain point you have to ease back on the (unskippable) side game throttle. Constantly adding new mini/side games can lead to stagnation in the main story. It's time to level off, at least for season 2. Throw in another D&G if you absolutely have to, but let's compromise and make it shorter, like the first one.
If you want to skip the DnG minigame, just attack Quinn with the guitar/lute whatever, and she'll end you, hence ending the game.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
To some of us, a good VN is about the journey and not the race to the end. A lot of people enjoy the mini games - I do. It's fine if we disagree but it's DPC's game to make how they please. It's not like there are no other VNs out there if you don't enjoy BADIK.
I honestly think you're missing completely the point of this discussion. No one doubts this is his game and he's doing it more than OK and should stick to his vision. We're just stating that he (or his mods but probably following his orders) has decided to shut every possible dissident voice that says he's doing a)something possibly wrong (of course in our humble opinion); b)something that a paying customer of him doesn't like. And there's a line between discarding those suggestions and complains and directly forbidding his players to raise a critical voice against his work in his official channels. Any opinion stated in a respectful way should be allowed and some of them might even help you to improve, as any serious business out there knows, but he has chosen to close himself in an echo chamber where people only can praise him or stay quiet. His choice, but that's not a smart (nor a classy) move at all. In the end, he (his staff) is going to hear insults and idiotic comments anyway before banning those users, but by banning abolutely everyone who dares to differ he's also missing some valuable inputs from interesting and well-intended people.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I honestly think you're missing completely the point of this discussion. No one doubts this is his game and he's doing it more than OK and should stick to his vision. We're just stating that he (or his mods but probably following his orders) has decided to shut every possible dissident voice that says he's doing a)something possibly wrong (of course in our humble opinion); b)something that a paying customer of him doesn't like. And there's a line between discarding those suggestions and complains and directly forbidding his players to raise a critical voice against his work in his official channels. Any opinion stated in a respectful way should be allowed and some of them might even help you to improve, as any serious business out there knows, but he has chosen to close himself in an echo chamber where people only can praise him or stay quiet. His choice, but that's not a smart (nor a classy) move at all. In the end, he (his staff) is going to hear insults and idiotic comments anyway before banning those users, but by banning abolutely everyone who dares to differ he's also missing some valuable inputs from interesting and well-intended people.
I like this human he understand. :p

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes