R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
What's mature about letting yourself be used by someone? I'm not saying he has to totally unload on them (though that would be satisfying), he can be civil and simply say that he thinks it would be best that he and they go their seperate ways. Personaly remaining M/J's friend who's always put upon to solve their problems sounds more clingy and dependent to me.
Perhaps mature was the wrong choice of word and I can say in all honesty if I were to continue as their friend following a rejection like theirs I'd feel the need to lay down clear boundries for there to be any chance of me continuing a friendship with them but point is I'm no the MC for this story. (i'm about a decade too old for a start)

That said people grow on you and those emotions can make it feel like people aren't using you/ or that you don't care if they are.

the arguement about the player being 'used' seems to apply to the majority of the LIs admittedly they don't reject to the same extent and expect you to save them.

It can take people years to Identify toxic people/releationships depending on their frame of reference and Prior to B&R the MC's frame of reference seems limited.

Edit: grammar sort of

scalvi

Uploader
Donor
Mar 17, 2020
Another day another felicemastronzo creating the same discussion about M&J

To be the least popular girls, they live attacking them daily, are they afraid of them or what?
Not afraid, just annoyed by forced content. None of the other main girls get so much attention. This is the same shit DPC makes as it was with Acting Lessons and Megan.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Another day another felicemastronzo creating the same discussion about M&J

To be the least popular girls, they live attacking them daily, are they afraid of them or what?
Most of their haters are people who went after them and got them a reality hit in the face haha

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Most of their haters are people who went after them and got them a reality hit in the face haha
My first play though I chased everything that moved and ended up at Bella's house after the split from M&J. When the rejection scene occurred I kinda felt like it was obvious that a throuple wouldn't be practical (although I understand AL had such a thing - I believe it didn't last - the relationship got too hot or something...), and at that point I was team Jill after the tennis date anyway, so I took the rejection in my stride. I was also kinda worried about how psycho Bella might be as well, so I had other things on my mind.

• Haha
Reactions: ename144

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Maya and Josy rejected them and it hurt so much that they don't forget it because they weren't the ones who rejected them first and left them traumatized.

The more they hate Maya and Josy, the more DPC will give them prominence :KEK:

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
My first play though I chased everything that moved and ended up at Bella's house after the split from M&J. When the rejection scene occurred I kinda felt like it was obvious that a throuple wouldn't be practical (although I understand AL had such a thing - I believe it didn't last - the relationship got too hot or something...), and at that point I was team Jill after the tennis date anyway, so I took the rejection in my stride. I was also kinda worried about how psycho Bella might be as well, so I had other things on my mind.
In my main playthrough Im TeamJill ( always ) and Maya/Josy too, why not?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If you do go down the path of seeing one of the girls when Josy meets her dad, and then telling Derek that you still have feelings for one of them, that makes more sense that the mc is still hanging around them, hoping things will change (and possibly just torturing himself).
you missed the point. I was always referring to the epilogue of the fourth chapter.

the fourth chapter is said to be correct as MC clearly accepts the girls' decision. and is ready for the path of friendship.

the next scene with Maya or Josy, after a visit from Josy's father, and the choice of the player in the dialogue with Derek, show that it is not a fact that MC is as good as the fourth chapter ended, and that basically he is not good to Josy either.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I felt the mc waaay overreacted when Josy first shows up, so then, to paraphrase you, you'd think he'd go off the deep end when they finally reject him when he still wants a romantic involvement with them. And then strangely he doesn't. Perhaps he's already come to terms with whatever the outcome was going to be before he even confronted them. He's spent a few days (staying with Bella, Derek or Sage) thinking about the whole situation, so maybe when he tells them he's looking for "something more" he may have already emotionally prepared himself for the outcome. There are ways to justify they way things turned out, it's just for those players who felt hurt during that scene they felt their own personal reaction wasn't dealt with.
If I'm not mistaken, the library scene it's only 2 nights after the dorm's scene, which I agree is also a problem of overreaction that helps to get some players angry (those not invested in them that can not understand why the heck their MC is acting like that when he has done absolutely nothing with those girls, except a couple of mandatory kisses).
So, problems are:

- Player is not interested in them, but his MC storms out as if knowing they were a thing was the worst of the worst. You, who are not affected at all by that revelation as they don't really mean anything to you, have to see your MC mopping during a whole chapter acting like an inmature bitch. Then you finally have the option to stay friends with them, which at that moment many players understand it's a polite way to tell them good riddance. Only to discover that being friends means actually being best friends. This can be a matter of false expectations, but I can understand people being sick of them at this point: two characters you don't like from the start are constantly dragging you into their problems.

- Player is interested in one on them, or both, but either he made a little too many DIK choices, or he hesitated and didn't get physical with any of them. The storming out could still be seen as an overreaction but as you're somehow involved in their relationship it can make a little more sense. Then you face a crucial choice: do you want to have something with both of them or not? If you choose friendship, see point above (although now some players would actually want a true friendship, who knows). But oh, you choose to go for a relationship and you're rejected. You are not given any real reasons for it (we only know it's a matter of affinity or not having sex with them because it's coded, but going in blindly it could feel totally arbitrary), you're just rejected by 2 women you feel something for after they tell you they felt something for you too. And your MC just says, "fine". Well, no, that's just unrealistic and unacceptable for many players, who after that are sucked again into their problems.

And I think that there are many players in one of those situations who are currently playing a game that evolves around 2 characters they never give a shit about or that hurt them with their rejection (this anger fueled by the lack of "backbone" of the MC to at least reflect on his own mistakes or speak up some big words to call out their behaviour, depending on the reasons of the rejection).

As Holy Bacchus suggest, if you get rid of the relationship option for DIK players (which is going to result in a rejection), some players won't be so mad because it would be just another linear conversation and they'll accept it like they accept others during the game. And if you rephrase some of the inner thoughts of the MC, or give an option to vent your frustrations (kind of what girls do when they are alone with you during prep's party), some other players will feel better about how the friendship route starts. I think we're not asking so much to improve the playing experience for a wider number of players.

Of course, we're talking about DPC, so maybe that player anger is just intended

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I felt the mc waaay overreacted when Josy first shows up, so then, to paraphrase you, you'd think he'd go off the deep end when they finally reject him when he still wants a romantic involvement with them. And then strangely he doesn't. Perhaps he's already come to terms with whatever the outcome was going to be before he even confronted them. He's spent a few days (staying with Bella, Derek or Sage) thinking about the whole situation, so maybe when he tells them he's looking for "something more" he may have already emotionally prepared himself for the outcome. There are ways to justify they way things turned out, it's just for those players who felt hurt during that scene they felt their own personal reaction wasn't dealt with.
It's not simply that some players didn't like the outcome, it's that the outcome just feels unnatural. felicemastronzo illustrated it quite well with the screenshots with the way the MC just says, "I wish you the best", then walks off. I don't know many people who would react that coldly and robotically to getting dumped by 2 girls at the same time, even if they have had a few days to think about things because they couldn't have expected this moment with them let alone having the chance to be with both of them.

Plus, just think about how that scene unfolds before that. They are practically begging him for another chance, and seemingly a romantic one at that, especially when you look at how big a reaction Maya has when he's about to walk out the room. The tone and expectation of the setup is not properly matched by the outcome when he is rejected. Having him let them down gently would have been a better fit because it would better match his character since he can do a very similar thing with Sage by not getting involved with her because of the situation with Chad.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
you missed the point. I was always referring to the epilogue of the fourth chapter.

the fourth chapter is said to be correct as MC clearly accepts the girls' decision. and is ready for the path of friendship.

the next scene with Maya or Josy, after a visit from Josy's father, and the choice of the player in the dialogue with Derek, show that it is not a fact that MC is as good as the fourth chapter ended, and that basically he is not good to Josy either.
I expect that slight change was to give the player notice (or false hope) that there could be a one-on-one relationship with one of the girls. That would mean more M&J drama down the track if they break up (either because of Maya's father or some other problem).

Reactions: Gladheim

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It's not simply that some players didn't like the outcome, it's that the outcome just feels unnatural. felicemastronzo illustrated it quite well with the screenshots with the way the MC just says, "I wish you the best", then walks off. I don't know many people who would react that coldly and robotically to getting dumped by 2 girls at the same time, even if they have had a few days to think about things because they couldn't have expected this moment with them let alone having the chance to be with both of them.

Plus, just think about how that scene unfolds before that. They are practically begging him for another chance, and seemingly a romantic one at that, especially when you look at how big a reaction Maya has when he's about to walk out the room. The tone and expectation of the setup is not properly matched by the outcome when he is rejected. Having him let them down gently would have been a better fit because it would better match his character since he can do a very similar thing with Sage by not getting involved with her because of the situation with Chad.
I felt the "give me another chance" line was really no different to when Maya ask for a second chance earlier in the game. To me it still felt like a friendship thing. The fact that the mc wouldn't talk to them when Josy showed up, I felt they were asking for him to stop giving them the cold shoulder and for the friendship to continue and it was only the mc who was hoping for more - the girls never put the idea of a threesome on the table to start with. When the option came up to ask for more I figured, "it can't hurt trying" but I hadn't got to that point in the game where I was expecting a threesome.

Maybe people play too many games here where threesome, harems and all that are commonplace hence it skewed their expectations.

Regarding the "I wish you the best" comment - yeah that's a little devoid of humanity...

Giaochino

Mar 5, 2019
This is not a game of consequences, not many at least. Is more a game of choices.
You choose something, but most of the time the consequences are the same or they diverge very little.

Understandable. DPC is not making "Detroit: Become DIK" with dozens of different paths. He should, but obv he can't (limited time, manpower, knowledge)
So if something doesn't align with previous choices, reaction should be "this doesn't work well with the narrative, but whatever. let's make a post on the forum and forget about it"

Last edited:

KoolMe

Jun 23, 2019
Not afraid, just annoyed by forced content. None of the other main girls get so much attention. This is the same shit DPC makes as it was with Acting Lessons and Megan.
I feel the same here . DPC really did overdose us on Maya just to jerk off some simp's white knight fantasy , to justify one bull shit drama he had to create a hundred more and shit gets exponentially piled up one after another
that said I dont think its fare to compare Megan, the independent girl who escaped her domineering parents to chase her dream and even look out for her friends , with Maya
who....
when someone threatens to shit on her carpet , she feeds them laxative and gives them her keys

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Going after Maya means missing out on better content with the HOTs.

I only went to Josys because it wasn't a choice and walking away from teh sex is never an option.

I gladly took the friend path and avoided them for two episodes.
That can apply to Jill too. Or better, if you go with Jill, Bella and Maya / Josy you don't have to worry about getting a STD XD

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
That can apply to Jill too. Or better, if you go with Jill, Bella and Maya / Josy you don't have to worry about getting a STD XD
I did choose Jill over Sage initially, but by doing that the chapter just rushed into the ending sequence.

So I went back and picked Sage. And IMO the scene itself was better, I dislike when the MC turns into "poor idiot", reading stupid hurts the head.

So not only was Sage scene better than Jill scene but you also have a proper leaving the bar scene instead of running off on Tommy.

OhTheLove

Jun 5, 2020
Could someone tell me how I can get 100% on the scene between MC and QuinXCamilla, I believe she licks the MC in the scene. I've gone full DIK and full Chick in different playthroughs and I keep missing it somehow, I must be doing something wrong.

4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes