Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I guess it depends how you played the game. If you focused only on Maya and Josy to the exclusion of all other characters, and then they rejected you, that'd suck balls and if I was the mc I'd probably be swinging from the rafters... (just kidding, if anyone reads this and is thinking of committing suicide, please call your local suicide hotline or some shit - and maybe don't be playing DPC games, I don't think they help in that department). But seriously, if you only focused on Maya and Josy, and they still rejected you, what the fuck, like you must suck because how could you not be a CHICK by that point.

But alternatively, if you played the ultimate DIK game, like this scenario I posted earlier (which I am shameless plugging cause it took me an hour to write or something like):

Then you wouldn't be so choked up when these two girly girls weren't all that in to you when you had all this other tail lined up.
Regardless of how the player might feel, I think the point still stands that a person who gets rejected by 2 girls at the same time isn't going to take that lightly and still be as warm and friendly with those 2 girls so soon as though nothing happened. Yet here we have that scenario with the MC which is why there shouldn't be a rejection by M&J because it isn't making much sense. Having the MC choose friendship automatically makes more sense.

braun323

Apr 21, 2019
I believe there's a random element to it, so basically you need to move your mouse along every single bookshelf until you see a flash. I did it in small circular motions fairly slowly. Sorry I cant be much help on this one. There probably are few typical locations to check but this part of the game is too mundane for me to experiment with.
I see thats very annoying

• Sad
Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
and then running to punish Jade !!!:PogChamp::PogChamp::PogChamp::PogChamp:
Yeah, after the "rejection" scene, mc:
  • Then he goes off and Fucks Jade and records it
  • The he meets up with Riona at the prep's mansion and fucks her left, right and center
  • Then he joins Mel, Sarah and Heather in the spa, gets a blow job from Sarah and Mel and cums on Heather's tits (haha! Sorry...)
  • Then he makes out with Camila, gets a blow job and then ass fucks her
  • Then he makes out with Lily, gets a blow job and wanks himself off into her cunt
  • Then he fucks Sage
  • Later that night he gets a blow job from Cathy
  • Back at Bella's hose he makes out with Jill
The he looks at Maya and Josy and hates them with a deep passion...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
  • The he meets up with Riona at the prep's mansion and fucks her left, right and center
  • Then he joins Mel, Sarah and Heather in the spa, gets a blow job from Sarah and Mel and cums on Heather's tits (haha! Sorry...)
  • Then he makes out with Lily, gets a blow job and wanks himself off into her cunt
  • Then he fucks Sage
you forgot that apart from Riona who has to give at least a $ the rest is potentially free
better than paying the tuition to be the bio dildo

I would say that even in this case the plot is fine, and the scene of the fourth chapter is perfectly integrated in the other choices:D:D:D

• Haha
Reactions: shazba

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
  • Then he fucks Sage
While, I don't think the rejection path should be drama galore, I understand what people are saying. I mean, sure there's a lot of tail he's been chasing and he should be able to move on quickly considering they haven't known each other that long, but it is weird how there hasn't been not even one passing thought from the MC how awkward that situation would be with everyone just pretending nothing happened. I've got saves from both paths and there really isn't that much of a difference in how they interact with each other sans the passing intimate touches on the Chick path

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Anyone of you know how could I translate the telephone text? For example Bios, Tasks, ecc... I cannot find the right files
This game is a nightmare for translators

Bios: you have the profile text that appears next to each character's pic in game/header.rpy Then the lines that appear in the textbox and show info about game events and choices are distributed within the scripts, after those significant choices are made. You'll see a text variable called $ bios_history_josy or whatever character's name

Tasks: in the freeroam scripts (game/scripts/freeroam) sometimes you'll see a text variable called $ current_task and sometimes (especially in Ep6) a text variable called $ task_list which actually sets the value for $ current_task . Then in game/scripts/phone/phone_menu.rpy look for the label screen app_tasks: and you'll see that variable [current_task] is called. If you're working with translation files for translating those strings of text, change that for [current_task!t]

Text messages, clucks and swyper conversations are easier to find (scripts/phone/...).

Unfortunately, some of them (like swyper profiles, or vault instructions) are just pictures so if you want to get them translated you'll need to recreate that pic in your own language

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
While, I don't think the rejection path should be drama galore, I understand what people are saying. I mean, sure there's a lot of tail he's been chasing and he should be able to move on quickly considering they haven't known each other that long, but it is weird how there hasn't been not even one passing thought from the MC how awkward that situation would be with everyone just pretending nothing happened. I've got saves from both paths and there really isn't that much of a difference in how they interact with each other sans the passing intimate touches on the Chick path
the fact that MC can have sex with half of the BR doesn't change the question, because even if he doesn't, it doesn't change anything

the scene remains terrible and without any empathy, as if Mc actually didn't give a damn about the two girls (and vice versa) and could try it like a script
screenshot0023.png screenshot0024.png screenshot0025.png screenshot0026.png

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
the fact that MC can have sex with half of the BR doesn't change the question, because even if he doesn't, it doesn't change anything

the scene remains terrible and without any empathy, as if Mc actually didn't give a damn about the two girls (and vice versa) and could try it like a script
View attachment 932860 View attachment 932861 View attachment 932862 View attachment 932863
We have to learn to erase that scene from our minds, it is as if nothing of what happens there had existed, believe me it will be much better for you and the story that comes after that is also better understood. It's the only part of the game that doesn't make sense to ME because of how Josy and Maya are shown there, which has nothing to do with what they were like before and after.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
We have to learn to erase that scene from our minds, it is as if nothing of what happens there had existed, believe me it will be much better for you and the story that comes after that is also better understood. It's the only part of the game that doesn't make sense to ME because of how Josy and Maya are shown there, which has nothing to do with what they were like before and after.
this epilogue doesn't upset me.

at that point if I'm interested in Maya and Josy I'll have the right affinity, otherwise little changes.
but for me it is a sign of how DPC has not given it much thought.
then in the next chapter he makes it disappear in the memories and the girls follow MC anyway.

the fact that the two girls kiss makes perfect sense, it is simply really selfish towards MC, but it doesn't make sense, it happens to make selfish gestures transported by emotions

it remains for me a wrong scene (the whole scene, not the epilogue) that does not satisfy any player and angers half of them

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

View attachment 932860 View attachment 932861 View attachment 932862 View attachment 932863
I agree that if he only involves himself with Maya and Josy and they reject him, he would take it a very different way than what actually happens in the game. He already has spent a few days (?) avoiding them once he found out they were already in a relationship because he felt hurt, then when he puts his cards on the table and they actually reject him, he'd feel more hurt.

The way the scene plays out though, the MC sees it as closure. I agree that's not realistic, the heart (well the mind, but you know what I mean) just doesn't work like that. Getting dumped (which is effectively what that was, except it was being dumped by two girls simultaneously, which I have to admit has never happened to me but I imagine it'd be worse than being dumped by just one girl at a time) always leaves you feeling down, no one puts their heart on their sleeve, gets dump and goes, "oh well, glad that's sorted". They usually feel like shit for days.

But on the other side of that coin, if you spend all your effort only on Maya and Josy, you wouldn't get dumped. All you have to do for it to work out with the girls is have had sex with at least one of them (and you have to blatantly choose not to have sex with Josy to miss out, there's no conflict with that) and simply not be a DIK. You can even be NEUTRAL for it to work out.

You can contrive the game such that you try to make your character a DIK (not a CHICK nor NEUTRAL) while only following the Josy/Maya path, but that's a bit silly.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
this epilogue doesn't upset me.

at that point if I'm interested in Maya and Josy I'll have the right affinity, otherwise little changes.
but for me it is a sign of how DPC has not given it much thought.
then in the next chapter he makes it disappear in the memories and the girls follow MC anyway.

it remains for me a wrong scene (the whole scene, not the epilogue) that does not satisfy any player and angers half of them
It does not make sense because as I said Josy and Maya are not like that before that nor are they now 2 chapters later. There DPC shows us a selfish Josy and Maya, who seem not to care about the MC or their feelings, who seem that everything they had lived with him until now has not existed or meant anything to them. But then you go through the episodes and you say: what the hell !!? Damn now they are more interested in the MC than among themselves (relationship path) and Josy clearly sees that she is still crazy about the MC and that she cannot forget him, it almost seems that she would be willing to leave Maya for the MC (friendship route) of Maya on that same route is not known since Maya is only focused on do her scavanger list and her father, she does not think about anything else.

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
So i check the moment someone posted the Cathy pic on Rooster. Nick, the main suspect was on the Library, looking something in the corner. He seems to look the armchair. He insists in look there. The only thing i could find suspicious is thoose red spots. Could it be blood? Is kind of wierd Bella and Mc didnt noticed.
View attachment 931892 View attachment 931894 View attachment 931906 View attachment 931908
Thanks, I wrote in the last days that Nick was suspect also due to that scene, he's looking at something but I could not locate what is was. I looked at the objects on the ground but I think you guessed right, the chair seems to get his attention. And those could be blood stains. Good job! Is there any character that has been missing since that day?

The MC essentially says, "I want to be in a sexual/romantic relationship with both of you", and they shoot him down flat. It can be hard for people to wrap their heads around why he's still so friendly with them like he didn't just get dumped by 2 girls at the same time. Even if he doesn't dislike them for it, it should still be hard/awkward for someone to be around someone that just rejected them, but that isn't reflected at all in the game and the MC is seemingly acting like that didn't happen. In this sense, it's not maturity that he's showing, it's almost like he shows a sociopathic level of not caring, which is weird.
Regardless of how the player might feel, I think the point still stands that a person who gets rejected by 2 girls at the same time isn't going to take that lightly and still be as warm and friendly with those 2 girls so soon as though nothing happened.
I don't see any problem with a person acting friendly after being rejected (rejected != insulted). MC's not a 14 y.o., he's 19, it would be childish to act offended just because two girls aren't into a threesome relationship. Like IRL, you like someone, you make your move, it does not work, you go forward, yes you're hurt, but still friends as before. If someone doesn't want to be in a relationship with you it does not mean he/she hates you, so why should you not continue to be friend with them, if you were so "friend" to ask for more just a few hours before. You cannot pretend the others to share your same intimate feelings if they aren't, otherwise they lose your friendship. It does not make any sense.
So in my opinion the plot has no issues on this aspect.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It does not make sense because as I said Josy and Maya are not like that before that nor are they now 2 chapters later. There DPC shows us a selfish Josy and Maya, who seem not to care about the MC or their feelings, who seem that everything they had lived with him until now has not existed or meant anything to them. But then you go through the episodes and you say: what the hell !!? Damn now they are more interested in the MC than among themselves (relationship path) and Josy clearly sees that she is still crazy about the MC and that she cannot forget him, it almost seems that she would be willing to leave Maya for the MC (friendship route) of Maya on that same route is not known since Maya is only focused on do her scavanger list and her father, she does not think about anything else.
they have just made peace with each other and they have declared love, a kiss is there

they are selfish as in theory none of the main characters are, but what particular non-selfish gesture would they have made to say that this behavior is not like them?

what Josy tells MC next, after her fathet visit, is even more selfish.

she blame Maya and it certainly doesn't make MC happy.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
My point was meant to illustrate that the girls are still in the MC's life (because they are still at his college and still in his classes) even if he is no longer romantically involved with them. If he's romantically involved, his involvement with them is more sexual, but he's still friends with them either way and the plot proceeds. You can't just say, "They don't want to fuck me so I don't give a shit about their problems!". That's not this story, that's a different story.

If you're going to get involved in this story this is just something you have to accept: Maya, Josey, Jill, Bella & Sage are all central to the main characters exploits. Some episodes focus more on each of the LIs, but even if you do everything in your capacity to not be involved, the story involves them. Like I said, you're influencing the story, not controlling it completely.

Here's a quote from DPC:
There is an essential flaw in the Maya/Josy path in this game, and it's not enough to just say 'that's the way it is, you just have to live with it' when roughly half your audience is turned off by these two characters. DPC needed to either moderate the way he crafted the initial crisis, or he needs to give the player the option of cutting these two characters out of the MC's life.

Reactions: beef-devourer

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
There is an essential flaw in the Maya/Josy path in this game, and it's not enough to just say 'that's the way it is, you just have to live with it' when roughly half your audience is turned off by these two characters. DPC needed to either moderate the way he crafted the initial crisis, or he needs to give the player the option of cutting these two characters out of the MC's life.
Man, but dont fuck me, what you're saying doesn't make sense, eliminating some characters just because a few don't like it, have you stopped to think about that? it's like you remove Chewbacca from star wars because you don't like him. And I could give you a thousand more examples. This is the story the DPC wants to tell, not the one you want him to tell.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes