yesz

Jul 11, 2019
AppData/Roaming/RemPy/BeingaDIK-1535311494 You'll want the persistant file also.
no luck;
there was only 1 auto save file, cant find anything else about it
used persistent from appdata to replace new one, renders and old progress scenes still gone.
looks like i'll have to replay, but thanks anyway.

: )

Gnomeking

Oct 24, 2017
no luck;
there was only 1 auto save file, cant find anything else about it
used persistent from appdata to replace new one, renders and old progress scenes still gone.
looks like i'll have to replay, but thanks anyway.

: )
Time to replay 3 times to get everything. Don't worry, just use an autoclicker and speedrun through every dialogue and follow the guide!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Nice. (y)

So, a couple of interesting things in this walkthrough. Firstly, although not entirely unexpected, no specific way to complete the DIK mansion repair, i.e. being told specifically where to spend XP and what tasks to focus on first. A couple of strategies are mentioned, but seems it's still very open-ended and dependent entirely on how the player manages it.
Yeah, we've already got more insight from the fan guides on this forum. DPC doesn't mention XP from floating score, for example.

EDIT: Actually, he did mention $5 work opportunities. I don't think we've seen any of those yet. Sounds like they still won't require stats above 100 though.

Secondly, a first time mention of a "Maya centric route" and a "Josy centric route" with regards to the throuple relationship.

View attachment 936864

Really hoping this is just referring to who you could focus most on during the first season and not a sign of things to come in terms of forced individual routes based on who you've done more with should there be a break-up in the relationship. Would really not be a good move by DPC to once again give players a throuple path but to take it away from them without any say in the matter.
Episode 5 makes no mention of paths when choosing to follow Maya or Josy. I suspect in this case DPC is talking about paths leading INTO the relationship, not paths leading out of it. Which absolutely does not mean the relationship is safe. :(

Finally, affinity can be locked in after this update as a result of the major choice to take the fake ID Tommy offers the MC.

View attachment 936863

Going forward, this is going to be interesting for players like myself who are towing the Neutral line because coming in to this update, I was one Major CHICK decision from being CHICK affinity, but I made both choices in favour of DIK which means I'm now one Major DIK decision from being DIK affinty. So the question is, will there still be Major Choices in Ep 7 and beyond and if you're one choice away from either side as I am, will the next choice on your respective side make it permanent? For example, if the first choice of Ep 7 is made in favour of DIK, does that make me permanently DIK?

It's interesting that Neutral isn't mentioned as being an affinity you can be locked in to, so it might be that DPC intends to lock people in to just DIK or CHICK which means the first choice from now, if they continue to exist in Ep 7 and beyond, that puts you on that side will lock you in to it.
As crabsinthekitchen mentioned, we could theoretically be locked into Neutral affinity if we get down to a single box remaining on each side. It's possible the game will continue on until everyone is forced to pick a side, but I doubt that will be the case.

What I noticed is that there's no mention of any change to Jill's path by missing her date. So presumably the RP penalty is the only cost to sticking with Sage and Jill will eventually explain the situation to other MCs (or at least ones she "likes").

Also, it's apparently possible to go for a run with Leon if you manage to make plans with neither Sage nor Jill. I'll have to try that.

Reactions: crabsinthekitchen

Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
Signature -
BaDIK_SIG_by_Yuno_Gasai_compressed_2.gif
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/12/956279_BaDIK_SIG_by_Yuno_Gasai_compressed_2.gif
well, compression and gif conversion totally killed the quality :HideThePain:
guess I'll try making a different sig for each girl
still, if anyone wants to use it, feel free.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: welp, I rendered the video at 450x250 to save size & it resulted in a whopping 560 MB.
on compressing it to 7 MB, I'm lucky it's even visible :HideThePain:
Can't you make it uncompressed? Before I knew how to make signatures with photoshop, but they were signatures without animation.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: welp, I rendered the video at 450x250 to save size & it resulted in a whopping 560 MB.
on compressing it to 7 MB, I'm lucky it's even visible :HideThePain:
What was the video format? Because even MKVs wouldn't think so much

And if you upload the video to YouTube and download it there to see if at least it does not lose the quality

Yuno Gasai

GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
What was the video format? Because even MKVs wouldn't think so much

And if you upload the video to YouTube and download it there to see if at least it does not lose the quality
It was AVI, I compressed it to 9MB using HandBrake which looked good tbh but converting to GIF at high FPS again resulted in a big file size (about 50 MB).
Decreasing the FPS (which most online converters do) made the animation very sloppy. So I had to make a comprise between FPS & Quality.
The main issue was the length of the actual clip (over a min), For a 15-sec long clip, it would've looked much matter.
Anyway, I'll try making smaller length sigs next time.

:oops::oops::oops::oops: I was afraid I had suddenly lost or several diopters or the video card
:ROFLMAO:;)
Yuno Gasai great magician
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Time to get a new card & a pair of glasses.

Can't you make it uncompressed? Before I knew how to make signatures with photoshop, but they were signatures without animation.
I'm using After Effects which I started using just yesterday. Afaik there isn't an option to render out directly to mp4 or WebM so I'm exporting in the default AVI type which always results in a ridiculous size video. However, it's quite simple to compress it, but maintaining a smaller size while converting it to GIF with a decent FPS is something that's causing this quality issue (for me at least).

Great work.
Thanks, Nice Signature btw ;) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It was AVI,
It think that's where you went wrong. AVI sucks balls as a video format as it's extremely low quality, you'd want to render it out as either MP4 or MKV which are the best qualities. After Effects should have options for higher qualities than AVI and at least have the MP4 format which I believe may be classed as H.264 in the format settings when you're exporting.

Look into it on Google, but I'm sure you should be able to do a higher format than that, then you can either use or to convert it into a gif.

Last edited:

Yuno Gasai

GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
It think that's where you went wrong. AVI sucks balls as a video format as it's extremely low quality, you'd want to render out it as either MP4 or MKV which are the best qualities. After Effects should have options for higher qualities than AVI and at least have the MP4 format which I believe may be classed as H.264 in the format settings when you're exporting.

Look into it on Google, but I'm sure you should be able to do a higher format than that, then you can either use or to convert it into a gif.
Thanks Bacchus.
Yes, I know AVI encoding is shit but as I stated later in the post that After Effects doesn't allow exporting to MP4, Mkv, WebM, etc. Though I converted it to WebM with a very insignificant loss in quality, converting it to GIF was the issue. Ezgif has some serious FPS restrictions, 5 FPS for a 60-sec clip, that just ruined the animation while using some other sites converted the 9MB video file to 50MB gif.
Gifs, in simple words, are basically like a flipbook, more FPS = more pages = more size. A GIF with the exact same quality, FPS, etc will always have a bigger size than its video counterpart. That's why most Gifs are usually 5 - 10 sec long with poor quality.
Here's the 1 min 9MB 30FPS 450x250 WebM file of the same for comparison -

Correct. Never use online converter though, do it in Photoshop.
TBH Ezgif is a great tool to quickly convert photos or even smaller videos if one wants to make a gif without leaving the browser. I used it quite a lot but it sucks that it doesn't allow 25+ FPS for a clip over 10 seconds.

& I think we should leave this topic of compression & conversion before the mods hit ;):BootyTime:.

coming to a more relevant topic -
Am I the only one who realized today that there's a scene where Maya (with her ugly hairstyle) & Josy (looking beautiful as ever) helps the MC with library cleaning! :HideThePain:

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Thanks Bacchus.
Yes, I know AVI encoding is shit but as I stated later in the post that After Effects doesn't allow exporting to MP4, Mkv, WebM, etc. Though I converted it to WebM with a very insignificant loss in quality, converting it to GIF was the issue. Ezgif has some serious FPS restrictions, 5 FPS for a 60-sec clip, that just ruined the animation while using some other sites converted the 9MB video file to 50MB gif.
Gifs, in simple words, are basically like a flipbook, more FPS = more pages = more size. A GIF with the exact same quality, FPS, etc will always have a bigger size than its video counterpart. That's why most Gifs are usually 5 - 10 sec long with poor quality.
Here's the 1 min 9MB 30FPS 450x250 WebM file of the same for comparison -

TBH Ezgif is a great tool to quickly convert photos or even smaller videos if one wants to make a gif without leaving the browser. I used it quite a lot but it sucks that it doesn't allow 25+ FPS for a clip over 10 seconds.
After Effects does allow for exporting in MP4 format but it involves a few extra steps and can be done in one of 2 ways; either use the Media Encoder app to do it, or install Quicktime then export it as a Quicktime file and change the format to H.264.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Can anyone actually help me to get this to work on Mac?????
I'm beginning to feel like a broken record. Oh well, long live copy and paste...

The problem: during unzipping, the executable files in the game package lost their execute permission, so the app won't run.
Solution: if you still have the zip file, try unzipping it with The Unarchiver instead of the default archive utility. The Unarchiver tends to be better in preserving these execute permissions.
If you've already deleted the zip and don't want to download the 11 GB again, you can fix the permissions yourself in Terminal.

In Terminal, type 'chmod a+x ' without the quotes and drag the first executable in the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path to the executable file. Hit enter. Repeat for the second file.

To find the executables, right click on the game and choose Show package contents. Then go to Contents/MacOS. The file you are looking for is called BeinADIK. The second one (same name) is in Contents/MacOS/lib/darwinx86-64.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes