Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
After Effects does allow for exporting in MP4 format but it involves a few extra steps and can be done in one of 2 ways; either use the Media Encoder app to do it, or install Quicktime then export it as a Quicktime file and change the format to H.264.
Indeed, I too used the open-source Handbrake for the same. What I am trying to say is that encoding is not the issue here, how GIF handles a large no. of frames is -
A GIF with the exact same quality, FPS, etc will always have a bigger size than its video counterpart. That's why most Gifs are usually 5 - 10 sec long with poor quality.

Also, I'm very new to After effects so it's very much possible I might be fucking something up. So let's just leave it at that ;). I don't want to get too off-topic here lol :ROFLMAO:.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: ChipLecsap

stallonemaker

Aug 8, 2019
I'm beginning to feel like a broken record. Oh well, long live copy and paste...

The problem: during unzipping, the executable files in the game package lost their execute permission, so the app won't run.
Solution: if you still have the zip file, try unzipping it with The Unarchiver instead of the default archive utility. The Unarchiver tends to be better in preserving these execute permissions.
If you've already deleted the zip and don't want to download the 11 GB again, you can fix the permissions yourself in Terminal.

In Terminal, type 'chmod a+x ' without the quotes and drag the first executable in the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path to the executable file. Hit enter. Repeat for the second file.

To find the executables, right click on the game and choose Show package contents. Then go to Contents/MacOS. The file you are looking for is called BeinADIK. The second one (same name) is in Contents/MacOS/lib/darwinx86-64.
Apologies. I ended up figuring it out, the Mac's Archive Utility removes the executable files so I used Unarchiver to unzip it and it ended up working. Just seen you've repeated this a ton of times, my bad.

Reactions: shazba and PBS666

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
And maybe the visor is doing it for me, Katie always has those cool glasses.
She never takes those goofy specs off...I've even seen her sleeping with them on. That annoys the hell out of me. How am I supposed to give her a proper facial if she won't remove them? Without the potential for an eyeshot where a blasting of potent, salty goo burns out her retina then what's the point? The entire process is thusly diminished. When you slap your salami on a lady's face, you want to hear and feel it smack against skin not polycarbonate or whatever.

Glasses would have ruined Jill's bedroom scene with the DIK helmet. I'm glad most of the BaDIK girls either don't wear them or take them off prior to the moment of truth. KRJ gets a pass because she's KRJ, but I'm still going to make her at least lift them up at the end. If she doesn't, I'll stick it in her ear. Relax, it will be under 44dB.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
She never takes those goofy specs off...I've even seen her sleeping with them on. That annoys the hell out of me. How am I supposed to give her a proper facial if she won't remove them? Without the potential for an eyeshot where a blasting of potent, salty goo burns out her retina then what's the point? The entire process is thusly diminished. When you slap your salami on a lady's face, you want to hear and feel it smack against skin not polycarbonate or whatever.

Glasses would have ruined Jill's bedroom scene with the DIK helmet. I'm glad most of the BaDIK girls either don't wear them or take them off prior to the moment of truth. KRJ gets a pass because she's KRJ, but I'm still going to make her at least lift them up at the end. If she doesn't, I'll stick it in her ear. Relax, it will be under 44dB.
Skull fucking through the eye socket doesn't really do it for me, but each to their own. :geek: :cool:

Am I the only one who realized today that there's a scene where Maya (with her ugly hairstyle) & Josy (looking beautiful as ever) helps the MC with library cleaning! :HideThePain:
It has been mentioned in passing before, but given how poorly it compares with the Bella cleaning scene, there was nothing really to talk about (except just how disappointing it was that nothing happened). Imagine in real life cleaning your new dorm room with two beautiful girls who you're sleeping with, you've finally finished for the day, everyone's hot and sweaty and then you're all like, "OK, bye!" WTF!? I don't think there was any shenanigans at all during the whole scene! Surely he'd cop a feel from time-to-time to keep the motivation up... Definitely opportunity missed. :cry:

R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
It has been mentioned in passing before, but given how poorly it compares with the Bella cleaning scene, there was nothing really to talk about (except just how disappointing it was that nothing happened). Imagine in real life cleaning your new dorm room with two beautiful girls who you're sleeping with, you've finally finished for the day, everyone's hot and sweaty and then you're all like, "OK, bye!" WTF!? I don't think there was any shenanigans at all during the whole scene! Surely he'd cop a feel from time-to-time to keep the motivation up... Definitely opportunity missed. :cry:

While I agree it was a missed opportunity, I think it kind of makes sense in universe. I mean Tommy is make an effort to be less of prick and Derek is well Derek. so hooking up with both their sisters in the DIK house would be a risky business especially given that all the DIKs are around trying to clean the place.

where as Bella doesn't have such immeadiete issues, (also she is much harder to say no to. :sneaky:)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
While I agree it was a missed opportunity, I think it kind of makes sense in universe. I mean Tommy is make an effort to be less of prick and Derek is well Derek. so hooking up with both their sisters in the DIK house would be a risky business especially given that all the DIKs are around trying to clean the place.

where as Bella doesn't have such immeadiete issues, (also she is much harder to say no to. :sneaky:)
Hoes before bros man, especially when there's two of them! :sneaky: Plus the MC already took Tommy down, so he can just sit there and watch Josy's ass get torn to pieces, and Derek... OK, I feel sorry for Derek... poor guy, he fucks up and loses Ashley only to find out the MC's already had a taste of that... Maybe it was better that the decision was made for me, I might not have been able to look myself in the mirror afterwards... :unsure:

Reactions: R1viel

R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
Hoes before bros man, especially when there's two of them! :sneaky: Plus the MC already took Tommy down, so he can just sit there and watch Josy's ass get torn to pieces, and Derek... OK, I feel sorry for Derek... poor guy, he fucks up and loses Ashley only to find out the MC's already had a taste of that... Maybe it was better that the decision was made for me, I might not have been able to look myself in the mirror afterwards... :unsure:
When you put it like that, I kinda feel like its a shame dpc didn't give a us a choice we could partly regret for that scene

Reactions: shazba

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
I think it has more to do with how he sees each of the relationships. With Bella it is more carnal in nature as she started thinking in the library and the MC even admitted to himself it's hard for him to talk with her afterwards as if they really have nothing in common with each other. With Josy and Maya I think it's more emotional/friendship oriented. Now that they are trying to make it work with the three of them they might want to take it slow to see if it works at all, especially considering they are good friends now and don't want to ruin that friendship.

Reactions: Awry90 and shazba

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I think it has more to do with how he sees each of the relationships. With Bella it is more carnal in nature as she started thinking in the library and the MC even admitted to himself it's hard for him to talk with her afterwards as if they really have nothing in common with each other. With Josy and Maya I think it's more emotional/friendship oriented. Now that they are trying to make it work with the three of them they might want to take it slow to see if it works at all, especially considering they are good friends now and don't want to ruin that friendship.
Bella wants to think it's just carnal but is starting to admit her genuine feelings towards him.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yep, good point, it was still early days, after the garden threesome scene I believe the floodgates will be open and they'd be fucking everywhere (as is typical in early stage sexual relationships - can't speak from experience regarding a throuple - call me an old fashion type of guy - but I expect the same would apply) except Maya's father is about to rain righteous fire and brimstone on everything! :mad:

Elum Eno

Oct 4, 2019
WAIT... WTF?
I'm doing my first full MASSIVE CHICK playthrough and damn it sucks...
Can't believe how much you miss out on with all the side girls.

I just got to where Quinn gets mugged and the Official Walkthrough says she will only accept your help if the following.

1. Fucked her on top of the roof - Nope had to make CHICK choice for smoking weed.
2. Cannot be on Josy's & Maya's relationship paths - I'm on the chick path so hell yeah I'm on their path.
3. Have to have DIK affinity - I have CHICK affinity.

Yet she accepted and I got to fuck her up the ass...
not really complaining as it's the only ass action my CHICK MC has had.
(Still waiting on being able to make Sage scream as I ram her starfish)

screenshot0041.png

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
WAIT... WTF?

I just got to where Quinn gets mugged and the Official Walkthrough says she will only accept your help if the following.

1. Fucked her on top of the roof - Nope had to make CHICK choice for smoking weed.
2. Cannot be on Josy's & Maya's relationship paths - I'm on the chick path so hell yeah I'm on their path.

View attachment 937499
Either it's a bug/error/oversight in the code (and a glorious one at that), or it's a secret path DPC isn't telling us about. :unsure:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
WAIT... WTF?

View attachment 937499
Do you have the walk through mod installed? Maybe it allows this scene in spite of your status (that would be taking some serious liberties but I can't think of any other reason).

EDIT: Just checked and yep, the walk through mod totally steamrolls past any status checks. Quinn won't ever say, "I don't need your help." and then the mc no longer responds based on his status. It goes from you saying, "Come with me, let me have a closer look at it" straight in to saying, "Yeah, I get it. You're strong and independent." Which is out of context because she never said anything... I think the walk through mod has crossed the line here...

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunizz

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Do you have the walk through mod installed? Maybe it allows this scene in spite of your status (that would be taking some serious liberties but I can't think of any other reason).
There's no 'cheats' button on the screenshot and I don't think they'd be posting this if they used the cheat mod to get it. Also , they're not the first person to say that they got this scene on a CHICK run, so either it's an error in the code that DPC hasn't noticed (very likely) or it's a secret path that they'll only reveal at the end of the game (less likely, but we can but hope ;)).

Elum Eno

Oct 4, 2019
That was the first thing I thought myself... but I don't have it installed on my laptop.
I did move some saves from my main system (has the MOD) over, but I don't see how that could effect a new game.

There's no 'cheats' button on the screenshot and I don't think they'd be posting this if they used the cheat mod to get it. Also , they're not the first person to say that they got this scene on a CHICK run, so either it's an error in the code that DPC hasn't noticed (very likely) or it's a secret path that they'll only reveal at the end of the game (less likely, but we can but hope ;)).
There are a couple of choices I made in this playthrough (besides all CHICK).
1. Told Sage that I liked liked Quinn even though I was more interested in her.
2. Told Sage that Quinn had the best ass during Movie Night.

I'm not good at looking at the code - but I never heard anyone say that those were flagged.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes