DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Again, you're just describing women. :ROFLMAO:

Manipulating (horny) men is a woman's bread and butter, and they're very good at bending the truth. If you're looking for one who hasn't done either of these things at least once in her life, then you're for a long search. :ROFLMAO:
You have a very negative opinion of women, no wonder you like Maya so much.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
because by helping Rusty he is helping the DIKs and therefore himself, if Cathe severely punished the DIKs this would also harm MC

helping Maya, he will only help Maya (and Josy)

what I, you and any other player would like to do doesn't matter

you are making an absurd comparison to prove that Maya has the same weight and "bulk" in the history of other LI.

the ending of the first chapter is the grinding with Maya: inevitable
the ending of the third episode is the escape from Maya and Josy: inevitable
the final of the fourth chapter is the sentence of Maya and Josy on MC: inevitable
the end of the sixth chapter is Maya who explains how student debts work in BADIKland: inevitable

but the problem is clearly making pancakes with Bella, really a stretch
no, I'm not doing this;)
Okay I get it. So we finally come to to the conclusion that Maya is part of the Main storyline and if you not interested in her, you feel forced in her presence. because 4 endings is involves her, Okay, yeah I can get behind this, this is so horrible Fuck Maya.

Procyonix

Nov 23, 2020
Maybe some players wouldn't, maybe some players think they've done enough to help and would just like to see how it plays out from here, or maybe some players don't want to stay at Bella's and do yoga with her and Jill and make pancakes just like there are some people who don't want to chat with Maya and Josy in class or study with them in the library. Do you see what we're getting at?

These people complaining about not being able to avoid M&J are only saying it because they don't like them, pure and simple, all the while not realising that there are forced moments with all LIs and that some people might not be interested in those but these people don't whine about it as much as the M&J haters.

I think that people need to understand that this vn like any other game (adult or otherwise) is trying to appeal to a broad spectrum of people with different tastes and interests. It is more focused when you deal with adult content because kinks are very strongly held when it comes to preferences. This is bound to create strong feelings.

The keys to remember are that its a novel, which means there will be far more "Fixed" decisions that are main story focal points that are unavoidable. Some are major plot points, and some are minor story points that are meant to be there for other reasons (D&G is the first thing that came to mind in the latter). Some will like it, some will not. As an old pen and paper RPGer going back decades, I could appreciate the humor and the nod to that genre. Outside of that and a chance to put in some sexy options for people, I don't see much point to them, but they are intended to take away from the drama of the overall storyline.

M&J are integral to the story line in that they bring the whole "Restaurant" thing into focus due to the tuition and introduce just how petty and vindictive Quinn is. I get there are a lot of Quinn fans out there, and hey have fun with that. But she's as likely to get the MC killed as Bella with her stupidity. For every M&J Hater out there that hates the girls being forced on them, I feel violated that I had no choice but to let that skank give me whatever Social Disease she has in the Cumpetition. I wouldn't touch her with Derek's dick personally. But it was a part of the story that was needed. So one rolls with the punches.

While I like Sage, to me she's just as psychotic as our favorite librarian. And barring a major growth moment on her part in future updates, I don't see her as somebody I personally would want to have anything to do with. This despite the fact I love how she is rendered, I love many facets of her personality that have been introduced. But there are elements of her persona that are troubling (the whole obsession with Chad, and yet cheating with the MC if you chose to go that route). Don't get me wrong, I like a cheating girl trope as much as the next guy. But if she cheats with you, she will cheat on you. Of course if you're Full DIK you don't care because you're banging her entire sorority nearly anyways.

To the "too much drama" point of view, I can understand why some might feel this way. Let's face it, either you loved AL or hated it, so everyone that played that one after the Jill intro to this one already had preconceived notions of this story. As I've mentioned in a previous post, I fully expect the DIK mansion to turn into a temporary morgue ;) That way anything less is a happy ending. Do I really expect that? No. But its the extreme version of expect the worst and hope for the best mindset.

No writer will ever appeal to every one who reads their work. Many mainstream authors that are famous and best selling or considered classics have their detractors as well. Am I saying this work is a classic? Of course not. Its an AVN. There is going to be a suspension of disbelief required for these sorts of stories. Because in the real world, not every girl on the planet has breasts the size of small continents.

That people argue about the whole Jill/Tybalt blackmail thing is amusing to me. Debating the legality or merits of the threat etc. Yet these same people would have no issue with the primary conceit that there is a drug/prostitution ring being run out of the only sorority on campus. The same one where women sunbathe topless in broad daylight on campus grounds on the thoroughfare. That a single teacher can willfully remove a student without any recourse etc. They are plot devices. Nothing more, nothing less.

We can certainly discuss the strength of these plot devices, that much is certainly fair. But in all honesty, I've not been overly bothered by the inconsistencies or plot points that don't make sense in the real world. At the end of the day, they are plot contrivances that require a suspension of disbelief.

That being said, I return to the original point I was trying to make: this game appeals to different people differently. Some are going to love everything and see no issues. Others will find issue in anything that upsets their pov or interferes with the things that they pleasure in. And that's ok.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I've been wondering that since the Episode dropped. The MC assumes Cathy is still hung up over the Cathy-cluck picture, but I strongly suspect that's DPC misleading us via the MC's stupidity. Cathy is clearly bothered by the constant whispers, but it's been a full week at that point. There's no reason for Cathy to get drunk with Jade about it now, nor to say she "didn't know before going there," as though it was her fault for wandering into view of the peeping toms. There's certainly no reason for Jade to hate Cathy over that.

Given that Cathy has apparently just resigned, it would stand to reason the two are related: Cathy either saw something she shouldn't have or wound up involved in something she shouldn't be. In either case, Burke seems like the obvious candidate to both make Cathy deeply uncomfortable and give Jade a reason to hate her.

So my guess is Cathy learned more than she should have about Burke and was pressured into keeping it quiet, or she got caught up in some part of his schemes. Given that in most playthroughs the MC already suspects something is going on with Burke, this seems like a it will lead into some sort of B&R crisis to end Season 2. That should deal with Burke's sub-plot and allow Vinny to finally take center stage for Season 3.

As has been mentioned, that was in the wake of the cluck, not the moment it was posted. Either way, though, it was nearly a week ago and even if Jade hates Isabella, that's no reason for her to hate Cathy. It has to be more than that.
That's big tin foil hat theory imho. Jade got butthurt that Cathy went to Bella over her before learning about their 'little history'. Simple as that. No need to over complicate things. Jade doesn't hate Cathy or ever has for that matter.

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
Who you guys think is the hottest? For me Bella wins it by a long shot.
despite not having a big role in the story, i'd go with camila

Maya is the damsel in distress, she has to face real problems and she doesn't know how to do it, so she calls MC (or Josy or others) to the rescue
my problem with maya is that she hasn't been in much peril for now, at least in her life at B&R
even within the small HOTs group we have many girls with bigger problems (sage, quinn, mona to name a few)

i was expecting (honestly... anticipating) quinn making her life a living hell during her scavenger hunt, but she managed to complete it without many problems
no dangerous partying, nobody trying to take her to bed, no harassing of any type... she only had a few erotic tasks which she fulfilled with josy and eventually MC

Yet.
We're just starting with her path tbh
I feel like this mess with Tybalt is just the beginning.
jill's only "big reveal" will be when MC finds out she's his aunt

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilhares

R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
I think part of what made the MC get so swept up in it is that MC seems to be drawn to seemingly unavailable women, at least in the early game.

Josy: after some flirting reveals she's in a relationship then more flirting

Maya: Flipflops between saying she has has a boyfriend and saying she doesn't

Bella: Married, need I say more.

Sage: in a relationship, although clearly unhappy about it and tells you he's cheating

Jill: is the odd one out as she seems to be single. though completely out of the MC's league in terms of social standing, and in otherways that can be debated

Reactions: flippityflop

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I think that people need to understand that this vn like any other game (adult or otherwise) is trying to appeal to a broad spectrum of people with different tastes and interests. It is more focused when you deal with adult content because kinks are very strongly held when it comes to preferences. This is bound to create strong feelings.

The keys to remember are that its a novel, which means there will be far more "Fixed" decisions that are main story focal points that are unavoidable. Some are major plot points, and some are minor story points that are meant to be there for other reasons (D&G is the first thing that came to mind in the latter). Some will like it, some will not. As an old pen and paper RPGer going back decades, I could appreciate the humor and the nod to that genre. Outside of that and a chance to put in some sexy options for people, I don't see much point to them, but they are intended to take away from the drama of the overall storyline.

M&J are integral to the story line in that they bring the whole "Restaurant" thing into focus due to the tuition and introduce just how petty and vindictive Quinn is. I get there are a lot of Quinn fans out there, and hey have fun with that. But she's as likely to get the MC killed as Bella with her stupidity. For every M&J Hater out there that hates the girls being forced on them, I feel violated that I had no choice but to let that skank give me whatever Social Disease she has in the Cumpetition. I wouldn't touch her with Derek's dick personally. But it was a part of the story that was needed. So one rolls with the punches.

While I like Sage, to me she's just as psychotic as our favorite librarian. And barring a major growth moment on her part in future updates, I don't see her as somebody I personally would want to have anything to do with. This despite the fact I love how she is rendered, I love many facets of her personality that have been introduced. But there are elements of her persona that are troubling (the whole obsession with Chad, and yet cheating with the MC if you chose to go that route). Don't get me wrong, I like a cheating girl trope as much as the next guy. But if she cheats with you, she will cheat on you. Of course if you're Full DIK you don't care because you're banging her entire sorority nearly anyways.

To the "too much drama" point of view, I can understand why some might feel this way. Let's face it, either you loved AL or hated it, so everyone that played that one after the Jill intro to this one already had preconceived notions of this story. As I've mentioned in a previous post, I fully expect the DIK mansion to turn into a temporary morgue ;) That way anything less is a happy ending. Do I really expect that? No. But its the extreme version of expect the worst and hope for the best mindset.

No writer will ever appeal to every one who reads their work. Many mainstream authors that are famous and best selling or considered classics have their detractors as well. Am I saying this work is a classic? Of course not. Its an AVN. There is going to be a suspension of disbelief required for these sorts of stories. Because in the real world, not every girl on the planet has breasts the size of small continents.

That people argue about the whole Jill/Tybalt blackmail thing is amusing to me. Debating the legality or merits of the threat etc. Yet these same people would have no issue with the primary conceit that there is a drug/prostitution ring being run out of the only sorority on campus. The same one where women sunbathe topless in broad daylight on campus grounds on the thoroughfare. That a single teacher can willfully remove a student without any recourse etc. They are plot devices. Nothing more, nothing less.

We can certainly discuss the strength of these plot devices, that much is certainly fair. But in all honesty, I've not been overly bothered by the inconsistencies or plot points that don't make sense in the real world. At the end of the day, they are plot contrivances that require a suspension of disbelief.

That being said, I return to the original point I was trying to make: this game appeals to different people differently. Some are going to love everything and see no issues. Others will find issue in anything that upsets their pov or interferes with the things that they pleasure in. And that's ok.
OK so you have an opinion. Everybody else does too.

As I said in an earlier post, if Maya is the central LI in this game (and I specifically mean Maya, Josy is only her shadow now) then the game is a failure, because about half of the players dislike Maya and are tired of being stuck with her.

And please don't site DPC's Patreon numbers to me. That has a lot more to do with his success at capitalizing on the notoriety garnered from Acting Lessons, than the quality of this game.

You said that a story requires a certain suspension of disbelief, and that's true to a point. Suspension of disbelief has to be earned though. It's the very benchmark of quality writing. An author can't just spew out any old crap and then demand that the audience believe it. The story has to be plausible and consistent, and that's a hurdle that this story can't clear.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I couldn't disagree more. Josy's using the MC's emotions so she won't be alone.

The whole thing should have ended when the MC said, this is farewell. Why didn't it end there? Because Josy begged (while literally clinging to him) the guy that she knew had a crush on her, to just say Goodbye, not farewell.

Think about the MC's reflections as he lays in bed that night. He's confused. He has feelings for this girl that she has actively encouraged, touching him, hugging him, if you look at the scene in the beginning again it's clearly Josy who's sending signals that she wants to date him.

At the college it's Josy who calls the MC not the other way around. Why is she bothering him? If she has decided to leave, why bother this guy who already tried to walk away from this situation? The answer is, that she's not leaving. She just uses the threat of running away to say 'look at me' 'notice me' 'chase after me, I'm running away'. Again, the night of the date. The MC has listened to her problems. He is about to say goodnight and leave when she invites him into her bed.

Every time the MC tries to get away from her she plays on his feelings to get him to stay. To give her attention. To make her feel wanted. She eventually even offers him her body to get him to stay.
This makes no sense. At college, the MC was literally in the process of calling Josy when she called him. And Josy was definitely not just pretending to leave, because she actually quit her job (as confirmed by Tina). Above all else, if Josy was so determined to keep the MC in her life she could have just lied about her "boyfriend." The very fact she kept mentioning the cheating makes it clear Josy is just as confused about things as the MC is.

You keep saying Josy is leading the MC on, but he's doing the exact same thing. Why is the MC so blameless? When the MC is in the process of leaving and Josy offers to let him spend the night, she's trying to seduce him. When Josy is about to hang up and the MC begs her not too, she's bluffing to manipulate him. Presumably when the MC stormed out, Josy was deliberately provoking him so that she could have some private time with Maya, too.

If we had been playing this from Josy's PoV and saw her lying awake in bed after their date, would you be accusing the MC of an exaggerated "nice guy" routine to guilt Josy into letting him spend the night instead?

JohnDelfino

Mar 27, 2020
I can't believe Maya is in this game. Why would DPC force Maya down our throat by putting Maya in this game? Scenes with girls who are not Maya are fine because it is a VN and they are part of the story but Maya has a scene and I can't believe he would shove Maya down our throats by having scenes with Maya. Why are there scenes with Maya? Maya fans will defend Maya being in the game because they are obsessed with Maya unlike me who is not obsessed with Maya. Maya.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
That's big tin foil hat theory imho. Jade got butthurt that Cathy went to Bella over her before learning about their 'little history'. Simple as that. No need to over complicate things. Jade doesn't hate Cathy or ever has for that matter.
If that's the case, why is this only coming up a week later, and why would Cathy think Jade would hate her at all? Does Cathy even know Jade and Isabella dislike each other?

I think this is an occasion where some speculation is called for. Just because the MC chalks this up to the Cathy-cluck doesn't necessarily make it so. In this case, the timing and behavior strongly suggest something else is at work.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes