Old&Useless

Nov 22, 2020
I agree with your overarching point but there's one element you missed. Her decision to live with Maya. She called the MC and asked if she could stay with him and when he turns her down she goes straight to living with Maya. Granted her choices were limited but she clearly had a foot in both camps long before the MC snapped at her.
But Josy was assigned that dorm room and would've had no idea who she was sharing with until she arrived there.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
That was a forced element because, NEWSFLASH, this game is majority forced elements, that's what a VN generally is. Just because you don't like forced elements with certain characters doesn't mean that they shouldn't be forced. It's like that way for a reason, namely that it's important for the overal story, so you'd better just suck it up and accept that.

I'm not even gonna try to explain anything dude...
Banging my head on a wall would be more productive than this

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
But Josy was assigned that dorm room and would've had no idea who she was sharing with until she arrived there.
Josy says she knew Maya didn’t have a room mate and Maya specifically didn’t want the uni to know her room mate didn’t turn up so she got the place to herself.

Josy chose to live there and it would be made official after. She wasn’t assigned it she was just legitimately living there after choosing to do so. Unless I’m missing something.

EDIT: I
was wrong. She was assigned it. Misremembered that one.

Last edited:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
but what does the restaurant have to do with Josy's call?

Maya doesn't talk about it, and she doesn't know anything about it. MC going there continues to know what he knew before.
that the free tuition was little more than a chat everyone knew, Josy is forced to remind Maya

what changes in the overall storyline that MC runs there to ask Maya for the umpteenth time to be honest with him and Maya for the umpteenth time tell us how bad and unreliable her father is?

what use is the presence of MC there for girls? Josy is Maya's girlfriend but she has to call MC otherwise she doesn't know what to do

it is evident that it only serves to bring MC to Maya's father (or at least to make us think that it could happen), to involve him again in a problem not his.

and you want me to compare this situation to the forced stay at Bella's house?
I'm sorry , MY english reached its limit. I' have to admit, I lost the track, I don't know what the Fuck you talking about. :ROFLMAO: .
You say MC going talk to Maya and Josy, at the end of ep 6 is forced event, but him going to talk to Caty because he doing it for Diks. , and then spending the night there is not forced event, because its part of the storyline.
I really don't understand where you wanna go with this. its my lack of intelligence probably. but the Whole Hot's scavenger hunt was as much of part of the storyline as much of the Hell week. MC goes and check on Maya has as much of sense as him goind to go to talk to Caty, regardless if you swyp her up or not.
MY point is, you can't call one forced, while the other not forced. lets say its the linear storyline events.
But, I lost the track, sorry , I'm out of this conversation :). You right I'm probably wrong , I move on.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Well, we can say this as an undeveloped storytelling. This scenario truly only works if MC is indeed involved with Josy and Maya the way it meant to be. In that Case he is also responsible for his own action, like it or not.
if you avoid them completely, then we have some plot holes, on the other hand, those peoples who not care about them, should not bitch about it , just let it drop, they are greatly rewarded, wiht Quinn, Jade and with others :ROFLMAO: .

I do have to admit, I hesitant to call this whole Josy Maya thing to a fiasco. Because after a year and half, this is still one of the most talking controversial topic, if that not good writing I don't know what it is, I mean nobody talk about GoT anymore, after season 8:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
After playing through the Kira/Robin threesome path in Leap of Faith, I'm inclined to agree with you. I adore LoF, but the relationship between Kira and Robin comes across as extremely shallow, probably to justify the MC being able to either join in or pick either individually without feeling like a homewrecker.

For all its faults, I felt BaDIK did a much better job selling me on M&J's relationship, both in how much it really matters to them, and in how fractured it had become. Allowing the MC to build up a genuine connection with each girl individually when their own relationship was at its weakest and then revealing the whole tangled mess is certainly high on drama. But it does make me buy into the confusion all three parties feel, and thus I can potentially believe that all three people might decide to try for a very unorthodox relationship.

Shame DPC couldn't stick the landing...

Exactly. The perception of these 2 is very much based on how you play it but it is also based on the lack of variation that DPC put in Ep 4 depending on how players approached these 2 characters. I'd also say that the reason it gets talked about so much isn't because of good writing but because of bad writing because almost all the issues some people have with these 2 could have been solved if they had been written better.
I think it's the juxtaposition of extremely good writing in the build-up and extremely week writing in the climax. As I said, I think DPC really sold the MC's interest in each girl, and their interest in him. Plus, by letting us control exactly how far those relationships go while making it clear there ARE feelings no matter what, the player can tailor the situation to best suit their own impression of the girls. Add in the Episode 4 flashback, which nicely demonstrated Maya & Josy's interest in each other, and we had a very effective crisis.

Sadly, the payoff turns most of those strengths against themselves. The MC's reaction is a bit extreme even if he slept with both girls, but it's positively ludicrous if deliberately avoided going to far. The final outcome is focused solely on getting the two girls to apologize to each other, ignoring any the wrongs to (or by) MC entirely and thus making his petulance even more awkward in retrospect. To top things off, the girls can wind up flatly rejecting the MC based on very poorly communicated logic, in which case they will immediately start making out without a second thought as the MC walks away, ensuring the rejection will feel as spiteful as possible.

So yeah, having a decline in quality that sharp in such a short span is always going to draw a response.

you divide the blame equally between them, but what MC says are bullshit, while what Josy says is a very human response ...
You don't consider bullshit a human response on occasion?

If I was unclear, I put it that bluntly to illustrate it from Josy's POV; the MC is obsessed over minor details that shouldn't matter to him (Josy being in a same-sex relationship), or blaming her for not somehow knowing the MC knew Maya. I definitely get why the MC was feeling so hurt in the moment and I don't hold it against him any more than I do Josy's anger (or Maya hiding her relationship, for that matter). Sorry if it seemed otherwise.

(Well, that assuming the MC slept with both of them, that is. As I said above, if the MC chose to respect Josy's relationship, and didn't make advances on Maya (as she originally asked him not to), then I really do think his histrionics are utterly uncalled for.)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Josy says she knew Maya didn’t have a room mate and Maya specifically didn’t want the uni to know her room mate didn’t turn up so she got the place to herself.

Josy chose to live there and it would be made official after. She wasn’t assigned it she was just legitimately living there after choosing to do so. Unless I’m missing something.
I don't recall Josy ever saying that. In Ep 4 she says that the receptionist told her there was a room with a spare bed because the person who had been assigned it hadn't shown up, but I don't remember it ever being said that Josy knew who was in the room or that Maya had no roommate.

She did choose to stay in that room, yes, but what else was she going to do? There was nowhere else for her to go and she technically had been assigned it by way of this other student not showing up and the receptionist presumably assigning Josy's name to it on the system.

Jan 15, 2019
I'm not even gonna try to explain anything dude...
Banging my head on a wall would be more productive than this
for some it is all about one character and her story . fuck mc ,josy her story etc. , fuck logic

jeez why even have her as a LI when you have to make her maya's side bitch

it is not too hard to understand
if she is a LI then give her a story of her own . Her character was affiliated to DIK path according to choices and her points . and now you cant even have her on that path . it just does not make any sense . ofcourse it can change in future update but for now it is what it is

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
I don't recall Josy ever saying that. In Ep 4 she says that the receptionist told her there was a room with a spare bed because the person who had been assigned it hadn't shown up, but I don't remember it ever being said that Josy knew who was in the room or that Maya had no roommate.

She did choose to stay in that room, yes, but what else was she going to do? There was nowhere else for her to go and she technically had been assigned it by way of this other student not showing up and the receptionist presumably assigning Josy's name to it on the system.

I checked, i was wrong she was assigned it. She also said she didn't plan to live together. I was entirely misremembering it.

Reactions: ename144

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

That's not correct. Josy asked the MC for his room number and he declined. Josy then got assigned a room randomly when she arrived, which turned out to be Maya's.
Josy_assigned_1.jpg Josy_assigned_2.jpg
I suppose you could say Josy is lying, but there's no proof to support that. Given that Josy had no reason to seek out Maya at that time and was clearly surprised by both Maya and the MC, I take see this as pretty clear cut.

Reactions: mindern

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
for some it is all about one character and her story . fuck mc ,josy her story etc. , fuck logic

if she is a LI then give her a story of her own . Her character was affiliated to DIK path according to choices and her points . and now you cant even have her on that path . it just does not make any sense . ofcourse it can change in future update but for now it is what it is
The only dik points she liked was the nasty joke, and the dicks draw on steve face. but if you had Dik status during the date, and try to flirt with her, She calls you out that you act like Steve, minus relationship point.
Still ,there is not set in stone that you won't have solo route with her. as of right now, She does lack of her own content, no disagreement on that part.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Ah shit.
Never selected the throuple option.
But nice scene tho. I love it.
You don't need to be on the M&J path for Josy to kick Tommy, you just need to not fight him. (That said, you'll never get the explanation as friends. Tommy will just have an ice pack on his groin during the birthday party, and that's the end of it. Even funnier, in a way!)

How do allocate this? I put randomly to everyone? Make it even?
Is there a tutorial on how to work this in the best way?

View attachment 960718
It's too soon to know for sure, but the quick explanation is that you want to get the DIKs as many points as you can as fast as possible. The best way to do that is to start out with them working on the mansion in three-man groups, and ideally you want them to finish whatever room the group it working on. So find rooms that can be completed and then use the points you have to let each group finish a room with as few wasted points as possible.

It's unclear whether you're better off distributing the points or concentrating them. I favor concentrating, since I think that will make it easier to transition a few DIKs to high paying jobs in the later rounds. But for now, I'd suggest playing around and seeing what works.

If you want more details, fakitap did a lot of work on this, as did BadAssPutin here (and follow-up).

scarp1

Aug 22, 2020
Ultimately, I just want my choices to matter and equality between LIs.

However, DPC has other plans like forcing us to go study with M&J at the library, forcing us to play D&G (these 2 have nothing to do with their relationship or the overall story and we are still forced into it), forcing a DIK MC to be buthurt and sad in ep4 etc. (Have in mind that these are views of a Full DIK player) Concluding:

View attachment 960822
The majority of the story will be what DPC wants, it's his project, story, it his ideas.

How is the library or D&G bit forcing anything on you if your not on Maya & Josy path? The D&G part is something DPC wants in the game, part of the Nerds I guess as they have limited involvement. Doesn't effect your LI path in anyway, doesn't force you into anything at all, its just a part of the game.

Same with the library part, just a small study session, so yes its part of the overall story as we are in a school and do studies and it just leads up to the free roam part where you talk to various characters to progress other parts of the story.

The Maya bit when you talk to her in the library only happens on her route, you aren't forced into it, just doesn't happen if you aren't on her route.

If you take out parts of the game like you say then the game will be extremely short, plus DPC can't just write it how you may want it as you aren't the only one playing it.
If you were forced into a Josy & Maya plus the rest of the library gangbang then yes, its forced, a small study session isn't forcing anything, just part of school life really.
Small bits like that add to the overall game, otherwise its just, make a few choices, sex, make a few choices sex, repeat until the next update, then the same again.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I think it's the juxtaposition of extremely good writing in the build-up and extremely week writing in the climax. As I said, I think DPC really sold the MC's interest in each girl, and their interest in him. Plus, by letting us control exactly how far those relationships go while making it clear there ARE feelings no matter what, the player can tailor the situation to best suit their own impression of the girls. Add in the Episode 4 flashback, which nicely demonstrated Maya & Josy's interest in each other, and we had a very effective crisis.

Sadly, the payoff turns most of those strengths against themselves. The MC's reaction is a bit extreme even if he slept with both girls, but it's positively ludicrous if deliberately avoided going to far. The final outcome is focused solely on getting the two girls to apologize to each other, ignoring any the wrongs to (or by) MC entirely and thus making his petulance even more awkward in retrospect. To top things off, the girls can wind up flatly rejecting the MC based on very poorly communicated logic, in which case they will immediately start making out without a second thought as the MC walks away, ensuring the rejection will feel as spiteful as possible.

So yeah, having a decline in quality that sharp in such a short span is always going to draw a response.
I think it's the fact that, by allowing the MC to choose how far he goes with each girl, having it play out exactly the same way no matter what you did is where it went wrong and I also think it wasn't made clear what the MC was feeling towards these 2 girls.

In Ep 6, we get the MC doing some inner reflection on his womanising if he goes on the date with Jill, but we can only assume what he was feeling about Josy and Maya before Josy shows up, particularly if he went as far as he could with each of them prior to the end scene of Ep 3. Having a bit more introspection in that episode would have been good, specifically after his call with Josy because now he knows she's coming, he knows he's going have to make some choices and to see what he thought about each of them would have helped here. There could have been different reactions, but I feel like he did like both of them and so hearing this about them was too much for him so he justifiably had to get out of there. Perhaps, some of what he said could have been different, but his reaction was somewhat OK.

The end of Ep 4 is the part that really should have reflected better how far he went with them and the fact that they kiss and make up so easily regardless of if you did everything or nothing is what will always be wrong with this scene. That and them rejecting him on the DIK if he did everything with them because in that case it would have been better if he automatically chose friendship as that seems much more in-line with what a DIK MC would do.

LIs don't always have to be separate entities. There are games where a LI is the friend of another LI and the friend's interactions with the MC come almost entirely through their connection to the other LI, and there are also games like this where 2 LIs are linked because they're already in a relationship. The latter obviously applies to Josy but it doesn't make her less of a LI or make her anyone's "side bitch", it just means that she and Maya are a package deal that may be separately pursuable later on, but for now they're not.

You don't need to be on the M&J path for Josy to kick Tommy, you just need to not fight him. (That said, you'll never get the explanation as friends. Tommy will just have an ice pack on his groin during the birthday party, and that's the end of it. Even funnier, in a way!)
Really wish we got that scene even if you did fight him because he threw the first punch after all, so I could still see Josy wanting to kick his balls for starting the fight.

Nov 8, 2018
How do allocate this? I put randomly to everyone? Make it even?
Is there a tutorial on how to work this in the best way?

View attachment 960718

It's too soon to know for sure, but the quick explanation is that you want to get the DIKs as many points as you can as fast as possible. The best way to do that is to start out with them working on the mansion in three-man groups, and ideally you want them to finish whatever room the group it working on. So find rooms that can be completed and then use the points you have to let each group finish a room with as few wasted points as possible.

It's unclear whether you're better off distributing the points or concentrating them. I favor concentrating, since I think that will make it easier to transition a few DIKs to high paying jobs in the later rounds. But for now, I'd suggest playing around and seeing what works.

If you want more details, fakitap did a lot of work on this, as did BadAssPutin here (and follow-up).
Thanks ename144 for not forgetting about me :D
Indeed, I haven't forgotten about that task as well and am still working on a brute force of the task.
Long story short: a most suitable allocation plan should follow within this week as I figured out a way to brute force this task. I have three paths in the close selection and will post another giant (and extremely boring) post once the best one has cleared out. Feel free to question and debate my methodology once I have dropped the new post.
[Of course, I have included the insights of ename144 and fakitap]

TheReDeeMeR and others: I have simplified the excel template that I have attached to this post to make it very quick to react to any story driven changes or your personal game play style (DIK, CHICK, Neutral). Please find it here.
View attachment Mansion Work Optimization F95.7z
It is for Excel and unfortunately NOT compatible with any other Office Software due to the check boxes...
Explanation in the previous post. Main differences:
- Dropbown Menue for DUMPSTER with two options: Dumpster full or not at all. Bonus includes base points of 1000 for each task being worked on.
- Stats of DIKs for next turn is calculated automatically, just copy it into the first tab (copy values only)
- XP available in next turn is calculated automatically
- Added three restrictions: No Singles, No Doubles and No Triples. If you want to restrict your choicing towards only groups of 3 (like it is superior to do in the first round after the tutorial), you can tick both other restrictions and only groups of three's are selected.

Any questions, please let me know. More information when I have more time and hopefully finished my next pseudo-research

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
how do you "know" him? Please, indulge us. P L E A S E. All you did was, just like almost everyone here, play Acting Lessons. Do you live in the same house with him? Are you his friend? Do you even know his name and age? Did you have a discussion with him about his vision in writing?

Let me guess : No. For the love of sweet god, please stop acting like you know everything about a writer because you are aware of his ONE previous work. When he explicitly stated this game will have a light theme. Someone dying by overdose/murder/suicide is not very light, don't you think? There are other ways of making the reader feel bad/sad/sorry without killing a character off. Hoping for something to happen and trying to create a sensible context for it ain't gonna work either. Sorry.
First, don't be a jerk. We're all fans of the game and enjoy chatting about it. I'm sure you can act like an adult and have a friendly discussion even in disagreement on a given topic.

Second, all we have to go off of is his first game (which consisted of some pretty emotionally devastating content) and the disclaimer at the beginning of this game asks specifically if you're familiar with his previous work and later notes that he wants you to know what you're getting into, which indicates that we may want to use the author's previous work, as well as the events as they are unfolding so far in this game (which include significant crime such as heavy drug use, dealing, prostitution, coercion, etc.) as reasonable points of reference on what to expect.

No one knows what's going to happen, not me, and not you, but I wouldn't be shocked if something bad happens to Quinn or other characters, even though I don't want it to happen. Hopefully this one WILL be lighter, but so far it's not on that trajectory. AL didn't seem dark at all to me, relatively light-hearted up until the back end of the game where the shit hit the proverbial fan. But because of AL, and the disclaimer at the beginning of BaD, you're going to see people make hyperbolic comments and jokes about where things may head for certain characters.

Reactions: scarp1

Justin0603

Oct 31, 2019
guys I need help! The aplication logo doesn`t apear so i can´t play de game, someone could send me only the application logo or tell what I can do

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes