Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
The same reason you are forced in other scenes. They are part of the story, and MC is still friend with them Maya is still Derek sister, and Josy is still Josy. By this logic, we could complain about every scene we dont like.

Why my MC wanted to impress Bella? I don't care about Bella, Why MC ask Jill out on a date? Why I have to be involved in the hell week, Why I have to join to the Diks . See how this plays? :ROFLMAO:
We can go and on and on about it , if anything, Josy and Maya are are lacking since ep 4
"we could complain about every scene we dont like."
Nope.
It is an important/major part of the story.
People want to do things differently, rather than being forced to do stuff.
It is fair to complain about it.
Just because you like the scene doesn't means that others can't complain about it.

"Why my MC wanted to impress Bella? I don't care about Bella, Why MC ask Jill out on a date? See how this plays?"
As far as i know you have the option to reject them.
If it is hard for you, you can use the mod and change variables and play accordingly:)

And for joining the DIKs part, the name of the game is "Being a DIK"

"if anything, Josy and Maya are are lacking since ep 4"
Thank god for this!!

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
When you've tried your best to distance your MC from both girls (not having sex with Josy, not making any move on Maya and maybe even having a threesome with Quinn and Riona just moments before Josy arrival) and still get the same reaction, yes, you feel MC's reaction blaming both girls for not tellling him they were together is waaay over the top
Yeah, I can see that being a big issue. I didn't know that threesome was even possible.

Jan 15, 2019
The same reason you are forced in other scenes. They are part of the story, and MC is still friend with them Maya is still Derek sister, and Josy is still Josy. By this logic, we could complain about every scene we dont like.

Why my MC wanted to impress Bella? I don't care about Bella, Why MC ask Jill out on a date? Why I have to be involved in the hell week, Why I have to join to the Diks . See how this plays? :ROFLMAO:
We can go and on and on about it , if anything, Josy and Maya are are lacking since ep 4
it does not make sense in MJ path because of the things that happened between them .

it is not the case with other LI

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
"Why my MC wanted to impress Bella? I don't care about Bella, Why MC ask Jill out on a date? See how this plays?"
As far as i know you have the option to reject them.
Nope. MC, will want to impress Bella no matter what, and HE even kiss her while he is Drunk, you can decide not to kiss her in the car, and not visit her in the library. That is basically the same , as you can decide to not go back to Maya, but fuck Sarah, or be with Sage instead.

and You will have the Tennis game with Jill, whether you want it or not. You can reject Josy and Maya, and you will reduce them to the level of Derek importance. ;) .

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
When you've tried your best to distance your MC from both girls (not having sex with Josy, not making any move on Maya and maybe even having a threesome with Quinn and Riona just moments before Josy arrival) and still get the same reaction, yes, you feel MC's reaction blaming both girls for not tellling him they were together is waaay over the top
I think that's the minor problem.

MC tells us at the beginning of the game that he has a crush on Josy, the fact that he prefers not to have sex with her, considering the fact that she is busy and that in theory she is about to leave doesn't change that fact. finding her at the BR their relationship could start again.

similarly with Maya, "sex" is a small part of a relationship that goes on "forcibly" anyway.

besides the famous paradox of MC complaining about the two girls after returning from threesome with Riona and Quinn which is a HUGE hole in the story, only in theory with different routes, I still think that the real problem is the end of the chapter 4 which, depending on which route you followed, leaves you completely disoriented and satisfies only those who wanted both (and is surprised to be able to do so) and those who did not want either of them (but it is a Pyrrhic victory, so they will complain later). instead, the players who arrived interested in only one of the two girls, are condemned to eternal unhappiness, having to choose between losing it (immediately) or sharing it with a character for whom they have no particular interest (in theory forever).

as if after declaring yourself to a girl she proposes you a threesome with her boyfriend, this may please but not everyone.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
People want to do things differently, rather than being forced to do stuff.
It is fair to complain about it.
Just because you like the scene doesn't means that others can't complain about it.
You're not playing The Sims, you're playing a visual novel, a game that has a fixed story with linear elements. Being involved with M&J's story at various points is part of that fixed story so it really isn't fair to complain about those aspects that the story and creator deem to be necessary.

The only aspect that can really be complained about is how it plays out and how it is written, but not that it happened.

it does not make sense in MJ path because of the things that happened between them .

it is not the case with other LI
Most of what happened is purely subjective based on how you played it and how you internalise it, the rest is on the writing not being as good as it could have been. Other than that, when looking at from the perspective of this story and who the MC is, it makes perfect sense.

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
Nope. MC, will want to impress Bella no matter what, and HE even kiss her while he is Drunk, you can decide not to kiss her in the car, and not visit her in the library. That is basically the same , as you can decide to not go back to Maya, but fuck Sarah, or be with Sage instead.

and You will have the Tennis game with Jill, whether you want it or not. You can reject Josy and Maya, and you will reduce them to the level of Derek importance. ;) .
"while he is Drunk"
Read this again.
After the drunk scenes, just don't do Bella related stuff and you're good.
As i said before use a mod and change the variables.

"You can reject Josy and Maya, and you will reduce them to the level of Derek importance. ;) ."
This makes me happy:giggle::giggle:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Is everyone playing the same game?? Or are there different versions available lol.

I seriously don't understand how people can blame MC or blame all of it on MC only.
MC said "farewell" and was planning to create some distance between him and Josy.
But Josy being Josy hugs him and says "this is not farewell, this is goodbye"......
On the date too she asks MC to stay not the other way around.
MC isn't the one "making the moves" lol, it is Josy.
01.jpg

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I still think that the real problem is the end of the chapter 4 which, depending on which route you followed, leaves you completely disoriented and satisfies only those who wanted both (and is surprised to be able to do so) and those who did not want either of them (but it is a Pyrrhic victory, so they will complain later). instead, the players who arrived interested in only one of the two girls, are condemned to eternal unhappiness, having to choose between losing it (immediately) or sharing it with a character for whom they have no particular interest (in theory forever).

as if after declaring yourself to a girl she proposes you a threesome with her boyfriend, this may please but not everyone.
This is good part, this one I can't fully get behind. Those who are only interested in one of the girl are the one who can be displeased rightfully. But this still can change, and it's seems it will.
But I do hope it will be available, for those who are more than friends with them, so we can pick one letter or both, and for those who are rejected, or decided to be just friends.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I think what we're really talking about here is a conflict over the nature of storytelling. This is part of the challenge when playing these sorts of games, is the MC their own character or are they just an extension of me? It's why I would prefer games like this not allow you to customize the MC's name- it helps clarify who's story it is. If my character's name is Ginger, then I want them to make the decisions that I want and for the game world to react accordingly. But if I'm playing a game with a named protagonist who has their own personality, then I'm ok with them making decisions that I wouldn't make because I'm playing someone elses story.

It's like the ending in The Last of Us. A lot of players flipped out because they didn't want to kill the doctors, but they didn't have a choice. But for me it was easy, this wasn't my story, this was Joel's story, and Joel is a murderous son of a bitch.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
No I disagree with you there about the MC knowing she was off limits. Josy did everything she could to encourage him. He tried to walk away. She's the one who kept drawing him back. The goodbye not farewell, the 'I'm running away' story, even in the scene after her Father's visit the 'I thought you'd fight harder' crap.

I just did a reply to Felice's post where I said I wanted to see her grow up some, but there's no doubt in my mind that Josy used the MC as an emotional crutch and then dropped him the second she got her Maya back. That's something she'd have to atone for before I'd ever consider her even a friend again.
With respect, I think you're reading things into her words and actions that are not there. Josy didn't drop the MC until AFTER he stormed out on her.

Josy asked the MC to meet her in the bathroom, and the MC immediately implied she lied to him about her "boyfriend." In response, she said she wanted to explain when she got here and that it shouldn't make any difference if her SO was a boy or a girl. It's only when the MC insists she should have told him all the specific details (including some rather private ones) that she snaps at him. And even after that exchange, her ultimate response is still "What are we going to do...?" [Emphasis mine.]

Clearly she still saw the MC as more than a crutch to be discarded at that point. In comparison, Josy is fairly testy with Maya until they laugh over the diarrhea shit joke, and she still hasn't gotten close enough to tell her about the MC by the time of the library scene. Also, Josy is still trying to patch things up with the MC after that. Whatever Josy said in anger, she clearly cared about him to some extent.

As doing everything she could to encourage the MC's advances, I again disagree. At best, Josy took half the chances. It was Josy called an end to the first date, and she repeatedly poured cold water on things by bringing up her relationship or her own feelings of guilt. On those occasions, it was the MC who did everything he could to encourage her: begging her to stay on the line, letting him see her over the weekend, or saying she must be unhappy in her relationship while on the couch.

I'm certainly not exonerating Josy, but unlike felicemastronzo, I do see the blame split rather equally here. To me, it seems like both Josy and MC liked each other enough that they did things in the heat of the moment that they later felt guilty about. When the whole situation exploded, they both trouble processing that and occasionally took it out on each other.

That's more or less what the game will eventually explain, and IMHO it fits well. YMMV of course, but I don't think there's any evidence to support an interpretation that Josy was deliberately using the MC.

Reactions: Meushi and mindern

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019

In the end, everything comes down to the way DPC didn't introduce any differences in how a MC who's not involved in M&J reacts to their relationship. Considering the story needs them to be at least friends, and that it's completely possible at that point to be just friends with both of them (Maya could be just your roommate and with Josy, although your MC will still feel something for her, you could have rejected her advances because she's in a relationship, so there's no real harm done), why the need of throwing that overacted drama in that specific path? Both girls crying and bitching about what, exactly? And you crying and bitching because your friends didn't tell you a very personal and sensitive matter? In a friendship route it would be an awkward but maybe even funny realizing moment without any other consequence, and people wouldn't be so mad. But the game forced us to watch an incoherent fight followed by a mourning day in which your MC does all he can to avoid the conversation he should have had the night before. Then you add the affinity-based rejection in the next chapter, and you get why this is a very talked moment. Not exactly because of its good writing.

Reactions: ename144

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
You're not playing The Sims, you're playing a visual novel, a game that has a fixed story with linear elements. Being involved with M&J's story at various points is part of that fixed story so it really isn't fair to complain about those aspects that the story and creator deem to be necessary.

The only aspect that can really be complained about is how it plays out and how it is written, but not that it happened.
True
But what I'm saying is that you have the option to go after all the other LIs, while Maya and Josy are literally forced down your throat.

"you're playing a visual novel, a game that has a fixed story with linear elements"
Well you can use this point to justify anything in any VN.....

"it really isn't fair to complain about those aspects that the story"
It is.
I'm not complaining about MC's sunglasses here, as i said before it is a major part of the story, it is fair to complain about it.

"The only aspect that can really be complained about is how it plays out and how it is written, but not that it happened."
Eh what?

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
After the drunk scenes, just don't do Bella related stuff and you're good.
I know, I don't do Bella, you can have your Forced psycho relationship :ROFLMAO: , I'm fine without Her. and the Same way you can be fine without Maya and Josy.:cool:.
The point I was making is that they are not more forced on you , than the We had to spend the night with Bella and Jill, and make pancake in the morning, whereas I rather go to home and Fuck my two bisexual bitch . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
but you don't hear me complain about it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This is good part, this one I can't fully get behind. Those who are only interested in one of the girl are the one who can be displeased rightfully. But this still can change, and it's seems it will.
But I do hope it will be available, for those who are more than friends with them, so we can pick one letter or both, and for those who are rejected, or decided to be just friends.
nobody knows what will happen in the future. even those in the trouple do not know

for now those players have had two chapters out of 6 that certainly did not satisfy them, and that if they faced in a "faithful" way they were also rather boring.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes