Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Firstly, Sage gets the First Preview for Episode 7
Secondly, Sage is the one that is beside the MC on the Christmas Render
And now Thirdly, Sage is the first one to get the Special Wallpaper for the 10K Patreons Celebration

Ladies and Gentlemen, Its Official: Sage is Indeed The Best Girl :love::sneaky:
Sage, how I :love: thee. She looks so good in these photos that...*Sniff* I'm not crying, you're crying!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't know much about PC hardware anymore, so I googled the RTX 3090 and the first hit on google is:

"Nvidia apologizes in advance for 'limited supply' of RTX 3090s ..."​

I'm guessing because DPC bought them all? :giggle:

I thought you were going to say, "at least it's about sex", I agree anyway, but I'd agree more if you said sex. :sneaky:

the story is not about much more than sex ...:p:ROFLMAO:

there were some free roams, especially at the beginning, quite empty (for example some in Maya's room where you just had to look at the cell phone, look for renderings and to close it, talk to Maya) but as they progressed they became more and more rich in interactions.
for example the last one in the library, which although it considers it quite "silly" is still a moment full of interactions (but no sex, the one imagined is not valid)

Even so, getting those RP is still a subjective view because a) players may not care much about that, and b) there so far doesn't seem to much of a strategic reason to acquire all RP for certain characters. It being the best sex scene is also subjective based on personal preference (although I do I agree that it is probably my favourite even if I didn't get it on my main playthrough).

The Josy dialogue is more informative and illuminating, I agree, which is why I believe that it would be better to not have this be totally missed and for there to be another moment where she and the MC can talk and have a similar conversation, but I disagree about the Maya dialogue as it's quite good at showing Maya's thought processes and her feelings, just as the Josy dialogue does for her.

and to go to Maya what objective advantages would you have?

if for example it had been that going to Maya I had 1 RP with her and one with Josy, against 2 for Josy, we could discuss the best choice, but "objectively" going to Maya does not bring you any advantage in the game, then if it's a matter of taste, everything is worth it.

and I repeat that personally hating the dialogue with Josy in case of refusal / friendship I always choose Maya

JohnDelfino

Mar 27, 2020
I really wish he would cycle through the girls for these renders and longer animations instead of wasting time with polls that Jill is going to just keep winning.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
I really doubt that, for a bunch of reasons, the main one being that BaDIK, as much it deserves every praise it gets, its the main cash cow for DPC with patreon money, so I dont see DPC releasing more than 2 episodes per year, maybe 3 if we're lucky and he feels generous. Its more likely he will take the time he got improving other areas of the game like mini-games and the mansion managent, amongst other stuff he might introduce, so I wouldn't hold my hopes up. Trust me, I really would like this to be the case... but it wont be.
I don't remember any special reason to think DPC is a cashcow dude, compared to Milfy City (lol).
If he want to cash more, he should plan more seasons instead of slowing down development on purpose and I guess everyone would love than too, with the amont of good side characters this could go on a little bit more if he delay the main story arc.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I can't think of a route without Maya and Josy with the MC together. I know that will happen and having to choose between them will be more painful for me than the end of AL
View attachment 986501
I'm still going to retain my optimism that we won't be forced to choose. Their situation is different from AL, namely the fact that you are actually doing things with M&J in a proper throuple but you were only about to start doing things with M&M in a proper throuple in AL. The M&J/MC relationship isn't one that's simply being promised as it was with M&M in AL, it's actually happening, and I think that gives it more reason to be a relationship that could and should be an endgame relationship.

In my view, any relationship in a VN with main LIs that has started to become sexual should always have a path to a good ending with each of them. Right now, those relationships are with Sage, Bella, Jill, and M&J. If there will be solo paths for M&J, fine, but those on the M&J throuple path should be able to still have that relationship at the end of the game if that's what they want.

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
I don't remember any special reason to think DPC is a cashcow dude, compared to Milfy City (lol).
If he want to cash more, he should plan more seasons instead of slowing down development on purpose and I guess everyone would love than too, with the amont of good side characters this could go on a little bit more if he delay the main story arc.
there's probably no way to make more seasons, unless he starts padding every chapter with D&G-style filler
he obviously already planned the story, just like with AL

this is something you can do with games like DMD, where there's no real plot so you can make it up on the fly

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann
Oct 25, 2019
I think it's gonna be a mid/late February release, assuming he doesn't decide to keep the extra time to improve or add content in other areas, still feels like an eternity, this game is just too good

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Anyone got the status update?
white-down-pointing-backhand-index_1f447.png

Today there are 10,000 patrons supporting the creation of Being a DIK and it's absolutely wonderful seeing how many of you enjoy the game.

Thank you so much for your support! No matter what you pledge, you're helping the game both get made and get better.

I've been working hard on the next episode, but in anticipation of this day, I've started producing something special to celebrate this huge milestone together with you.

Starting today, and then two times per week (Wednesdays/Saturdays, starting next week) until I run out of material to post, I will post wallpapers that I've meticulously created for you.

To start off here's the first wallpaper of Sage. You can find high-resolution versions attached to this post, including full HD, 4k, and 3440x1440, for you ultrawide monitor lovers.
View attachment 986403
View attachment 986404

Enjoy!

Status update

Lately, I've been working on, what feels like, everything at once. The biggest focus has been producing one big free roam event.

The free roam event is close to being completed, but it needs polishing and content in a few more areas.

I've started writing phone conversations and the new phone feels like a nice improvement when it comes to texting.

I've also been working on adding more animations.

I'm starting to get a grasp of how much there's left in terms of animations, and I think that ~200 total seems like a good ballpark number.

159 animations are completed and I have a small queue with a few animations in it. I have a few lewd scenes left to write and pose for.

Currently, 1937 static renders are produced. I can't accurately estimate the progress in this area.

I will spend next week focusing mainly on writing and likely posing static renders.

In poll news, Jill won the special render poll for episode 7 and will get a special render set dedicated to her.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

Reactions: alexw14615
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes