Nov 12, 2020
It's already feels like that by the end of January the episode will be finish, these new GPUs are amazing.
There is no way we will have to wait till April. We in the 3 months cycle Era now.

Took him a little more of 2 weeks of work for his big/huge free roam, started around 1st January.
I'm quite certain that won't happen.
Around the 1st of Januari he estimated the completion of episode 7 between 30%-50%. That was after 6 weeks of work. Add another 6 weeks and we are in March. I think we should all hope for an early March release and that's already wishful thinking.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

scarp1

Aug 22, 2020
Does anyone know more or less what kind have hardware DPC uses? Even his GPU?
At a guess with him saying its the new ones I would say a 3090 as its more geared towards this kind of stuff. 3080 is more a gaming card but would do the job very well.
Unless he went the AMD route so perhaps a 6900xt.

Reactions: hakuna-matata

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Alternatively he could come out with a new game once this is finished, just like he started working on this game before AL was done. There are plenty of unscrupulous game developers on Patreon, however DPC hasn't shown himself to be one yet, so why speak about him as though he has?
I have nothing but respect for DPC and the way he does things, I consider him the best of the best in the indie VN scene, a proper dev through and through as far as I can tell. Now, I dont see why he would rush things even if he can fasten the pace, he has a steady income with BaDIK so having more time to improve on this game IMO is far better than rush to end it, and as far as I know we're looking at like 12 episodes at the least so... calling it cash cow in this scenario is not to be seen as in a bad light, but I dont see him cutting us some slack and rushing episodes out, if he wanted to do that, with the money he is making he would already hired some talented help to cut some corners, but he hasnt done so. I just feel he has no need to start develop another game when BaDIK as such a huge fan base and made him grow like 10 times since AL. He might trying to rush things and deliever more episodes in the future, I just dont feel thats the case now when he keeps improving BaDIK more and more, so if he can render faster, the remain dev time will go to extra stuff, most likely mini-games like I've said.

Reactions: Guide466 and shazba

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
At a guess with him saying its the new ones I would say a 3090 as its more geared towards this kind of stuff. 3080 is more a gaming card but would do the job very well.
Unless he went the AMD route so perhaps a 6900xt.
2 RTX 3090
Thanks

Good to know, because I am waiting for my Asus one to arrive because my EVGA one died within a week. I am going to be using it for my VFX. I didn't even get a chance to test it before it died. I am happy I made the right decision by buying a 3090.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think "right" is a matter of opinion because it depends both on your playthrough and how you perceive the needs of each girl.

What seems "right" to me, for instance is helping both girls because it doesn't seem right to let Josy lug her cases across campus all by herself but it also doesn't feel right to abandon Maya when she's clearly upset at being reminded that she's lost her Dad's love. But, since the game doesn't let us choose both, I feel that Maya's needs are more pressing because it feels like she needs more comfort at that point.
I was referring strictly to the game, not the route one is following, not taking into account the roleplay. it is the right choice because it is more advantageous

if you are on route M + J, going with Josy you get:
- an extra RP
- one of the best sex scenes in the game

if you are not on that route it is the same thing (unless it matters later for "solo routes") but I still consider the dialogue with Josy more significant than the one with Maya (it being understood that it is a humanly terrible dialogue)

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Today there are 10,000 patrons supporting the creation of Being a DIK and it's absolutely wonderful seeing how many of you enjoy the game.

Thank you so much for your support! No matter what you pledge, you're helping the game both get made and get better.

I've been working hard on the next episode, but in anticipation of this day, I've started producing something special to celebrate this huge milestone together with you.

Starting today, and then two times per week (Wednesdays/Saturdays, starting next week) until I run out of material to post, I will post wallpapers that I've meticulously created for you.

To start off here's the first wallpaper of Sage. You can find high-resolution versions attached to this post, including full HD, 4k, and 3440x1440, for you ultrawide monitor lovers.
View attachment 986403
View attachment 986404

Enjoy!

Status update

Lately, I've been working on, what feels like, everything at once. The biggest focus has been producing one big free roam event.

The free roam event is close to being completed, but it needs polishing and content in a few more areas.

I've started writing phone conversations and the new phone feels like a nice improvement when it comes to texting.

I've also been working on adding more animations.

I'm starting to get a grasp of how much there's left in terms of animations, and I think that ~200 total seems like a good ballpark number.

159 animations are completed and I have a small queue with a few animations in it. I have a few lewd scenes left to write and pose for.

Currently, 1937 static renders are produced. I can't accurately estimate the progress in this area.

I will spend next week focusing mainly on writing and likely posing static renders.

In poll news, Jill won the special render poll for episode 7 and will get a special render set dedicated to her.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
An interesting and informative update. Oh, and Sage looks good, but that's hardly news.

DPC has completed 10 animations and 597 static renders since his last numeric update two weeks ago. That brings his overall average down to 16 animations/week and up to 194 statics/week, but he's actually hit a nearly 300 static/week pace since the last update. We also finally got a target animation number of 200, about 25% more than Episode 6. (If we assumed a similar increase in statics, that would be roughly 4200.)

Let's go to the charts.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, at the reduced pace of the last couple weeks, DPC would hit his estimated animation count in mid March. But he could potentially reach that mark before the end of January if he matched his highest pace, so it again comes down to how he spends his effort. On statics, his new pace would match Episode 6 by mid February and hit 4200 statics around March 12, but again, he could hit the numbers faster if he pushes.

Personally, I think early to mid March sounds about right to finish the graphics and probably most of the coding too. Add in a couple weeks to pick off stragglers and beta test and a late March/early April release seems the most likely.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
An interesting and informative update. Oh, and Sage looks good, but that's hardly news.

DPC has completed 10 animations and 597 static renders since his last numeric update two weeks ago. That brings his overall average down to 16 animations/week and up to 194 statics/week, but he's actually hit a nearly 300 static/week pace since the last update. We also finally got a target animation number of 200, about 25% more than Episode 6. (If we assumed a similar increase in statics, that would be roughly 4200.)

Let's go to the charts.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, at the reduced pace of the last couple weeks, DPC would hit his estimated animation count in mid March. But he could potentially reach that mark before the end of January if he matched his highest pace, so it again comes down to how he spends his effort. On statics, his new pace would match Episode 6 by mid February and hit 4200 statics around March 12, but again, he could hit the numbers faster if he pushes.

Personally, I think early to mid March sounds about right to finish the graphics and probably most of the coding too. Add in a couple weeks to pick off stragglers and beta test and a late March/early April release seems the most likely.
And here we have our graphing and calculation expert again. Thank you as always for your services

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
correction DPC has 8 3090s.
I don't know much about PC hardware anymore, so I googled the RTX 3090 and the first hit on google is:

"Nvidia apologizes in advance for 'limited supply' of RTX 3090s ..."​

I'm guessing because DPC bought them all? :giggle:
I hope that's not the problem, even the sex marathon of the fifth chapter is technically a free roam, but at least it's about the story
I thought you were going to say, "at least it's about sex", I agree anyway, but I'd agree more if you said sex. :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I was referring strictly to the game, not the route one is following, not taking into account the roleplay. it is the right choice because it is more advantageous

if you are on route M + J, going with Josy you get:
- an extra RP
- one of the best sex scenes in the game

if you are not on that route it is the same thing (unless it matters later for "solo routes") but I still consider the dialogue with Josy more significant than the one with Maya (it being understood that it is a humanly terrible dialogue)
Even so, getting those RP is still a subjective view because a) players may not care much about that, and b) there so far doesn't seem to much of a strategic reason to acquire all RP for certain characters. It being the best sex scene is also subjective based on personal preference (although I do I agree that it is probably my favourite even if I didn't get it on my main playthrough).

The Josy dialogue is more informative and illuminating, I agree, which is why I believe that it would be better to not have this be totally missed and for there to be another moment where she and the MC can talk and have a similar conversation, but I disagree about the Maya dialogue as it's quite good at showing Maya's thought processes and her feelings, just as the Josy dialogue does for her.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes