TrainHardnett

Jun 15, 2017

Today there are 10,000 patrons supporting the creation of Being a DIK and it's absolutely wonderful seeing how many of you enjoy the game.

Thank you so much for your support! No matter what you pledge, you're helping the game both get made and get better.

I've been working hard on the next episode, but in anticipation of this day, I've started producing something special to celebrate this huge milestone together with you.

Starting today, and then two times per week (Wednesdays/Saturdays, starting next week) until I run out of material to post, I will post wallpapers that I've meticulously created for you.

To start off here's the first wallpaper of Sage. You can find high-resolution versions attached to this post, including full HD, 4k, and 3440x1440, for you ultrawide monitor lovers.
View attachment 986403
View attachment 986404

Enjoy!

Status update

Lately, I've been working on, what feels like, everything at once. The biggest focus has been producing one big free roam event.

The free roam event is close to being completed, but it needs polishing and content in a few more areas.

I've started writing phone conversations and the new phone feels like a nice improvement when it comes to texting.

I've also been working on adding more animations.

I'm starting to get a grasp of how much there's left in terms of animations, and I think that ~200 total seems like a good ballpark number.

159 animations are completed and I have a small queue with a few animations in it. I have a few lewd scenes left to write and pose for.

Currently, 1937 static renders are produced. I can't accurately estimate the progress in this area.

I will spend next week focusing mainly on writing and likely posing static renders.

In poll news, Jill won the special render poll for episode 7 and will get a special render set dedicated to her.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Sage looks gorgeous :love: and a decent amount of renders and animations done, episode 7 is looking quite heavy already.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I don't remember any special reason to think DPC is a cashcow dude, compared to Milfy City (lol).
If he want to cash more, he should plan more seasons instead of slowing down development on purpose and I guess everyone would love than too, with the amont of good side characters this could go on a little bit more if he delay the main story arc.
I use the term cash cow, but I'd say it again, its not to be seen in a bad light like 99% of the cases. Its is his cash cow but DPC deserves every penny he milks from it, unlike tons of devs. My point is, DPC has a good thing going on with BaDIK, I dont see him rushing things just because he can fast pace it, so I'd say we're always going to get the 4-6 month gap between episodes, he had more than enough resources to speed up the process by outsourcing a bunch of stuff but he chose not to.

MILFS HUNTER

Feb 10, 2020
Hi, anyone know how to extract/export an asset / character preset from Unity game to remake the games? (Not this game)
Please, need help, really sorry for my bad english

Assassini

Oct 17, 2018
While everyone here is kinda paranoid something soul destroying is pending, my understanding is this game is meant to be a little more on the lighter side than Acting Lessons. So while drama abounds, killing off one of the main love interests is hopefully not in the cards. That's not to say any of the side chicks are off the hook. :eek:
I think setting this game to the same standard as AL is a bit unfair to DPC. It may be the same guy but I don't think he'll take it to that level, for the simple fact that it seems that he has a lot of pride in his work and repeating storylines is one of the worst things a writer can do. His writing isn't perfect, but I like to hold on to hope that he won't use the "copy and change a few words around" method
So, for the record, I definitely did not mean that I expected BADIK to retread the same ground as AL. However, it does have that vaguely bait-y intro screen where it says that the game "isn't for those going through a hard time" or something like that. So, it's pretty obvious to me that (unless this is a bait and switch) that the intention is for things to get much heavier and rougher later on. And my concern was that the deliberate intention of introducing very heavy drama might at some point kill the game for me.

However, Shazba has sort of reassured me there. If there is drama and tough decisions, they at least won't be as depressing as in AL... Either way, only time will tell.

I believe it's 5 XP per 1000 points, but there are a lot of other things to keep track of, too.

Other than the dreadfully clunky interface, I really like the mansion mini-game (though "mini" is pushing it). If you want to dive into the details, you can find a lot of good information here, here, or here.
Ahhhh... 5XP per 1000 points actually makes sense. I was hitting around 24K per session, and felt like I was somehow missing out on points.

For the record, I don't really think I need to check out any guides for the mini-game yet (unless I lose in future episodes) because I'm actually pretty confident in my strategy. Gotta spend money to make money!

Or, more specifically, get all of the +5XP upgrades and also get level 5 dumpster tech right at the very start. Absolutely swallows up your starting cash, but your guys level up so fast I think I'm already well on the way to both fixing the mansion and starting to make fat stacks at the same time. The only question really is how much more time we'll have.

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
So, for the record, I definitely did not mean that I expected BADIK to retread the same ground as AL. However, it does have that vaguely bait-y intro screen where it says that the game "isn't for those going through a hard time" or something like that. So, it's pretty obvious to me that (unless this is a bait and switch) that the intention is for things to get much heavier and rougher later on. And my concern was that the deliberate intention of introducing very heavy drama might at some point kill the game for me.
IIRC he only added it to AL after the facts, it wasn't there in the first versions of the game
so i guess he put it in BADIK just to be safe

Last edited:
Reactions: aragh

JaZy2

Jan 15, 2021
Hello Guys , I just want to confirm one thing that all special renders (till ep6) are in the game under rewards , right?
I mean to ask that does the dev upload some on his/her patreon? Are there more Special renders other than those in the
game? I am kind of new to these things , so i would appreciate someone's help on this. Thanks in Advance.

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Hello Guys , I just want to confirm one thing that all special renders (till ep6) are in the game under rewards , right?
I mean to ask that does the dev upload some on his/her patreon? Are there more Special renders other than those in the
game? I am kind of new to these things , so i would appreciate someone's help on this. Thanks in Advance.
Yep all rewards are there
The dev uploads special renders and wallpapers on his Patreon but
don't worry you will find most of them here
Keep an eye on N7's posts in this thread he is the Wingman here for Previews, Special Renders, Wallpapers, and News.
Here's the latest one
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-6-1-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-4923363

Last edited:
Reactions: JaZy2

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

However, Shazba has sort of reassured me there. If there is drama and tough decisions, they at least won't be as depressing as in AL... Either way, only time will tell.
Time will tell, yes, and I'm sure we all hope nothing like what happened in AL will happen again, but we can't really say for sure, especially since DPC vigorously defends that ending and doesn't see a problem with it.

As for that opening messgae, it could refer to something as dark as AL (hopefully not), but it could be just about anything from the drug use to that wrenching feeling when someone you really like breaks up with you that might affect people. Honestly, it wouldn't be smart to go down the same road as AL, whether it's with a main LI or side girl because aside from pissing people off, it would make them seem like a one-trick pony, injecting a character death into every one of their stories like it's the only and most dramatic thing they can come up with.

Your first sentence explains why he won't; also why it almost definitely will happen even if not initially planned. Think about it this way, even pre-HBO Georgie boy never put a pin in any of those thesis-length essays explaining why J+D.
The difference here is that GRRM always planned on that happening and DPC does not plan on making the MC and Jill related. DPC may not have put a specific pin in this "theory" yet, but they have said they're not interested in the incest kink, unlike GRRM who had incest right from the very start, so there was no reason to believe this was not possible with Jon and Dany.

All the Special Renders are in the game, yes, and some will be previewed on their Patreon page before an update is released.

There are other Custom Renders available to the highest Patreon tiers which, like the Special Renders, are non-canon and feature non-canon action between different characters, but these are requested renders/scenes of those high-tier patrons.

Last edited:

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
I told myself that I wasn't going to go back to "clean up" any saves until the game is completed and we know the consequences of every decision. By "clean up", I mean correct any decisions that I made that I don't like or that seem to just be bad. Then I was shocked when I saw the video that Burke had on my DIK path.

I never liked telling the DIKs about Jade. I felt it was a betrayal of trust. I made a save right there, at that decision, just in case. In the end, I decided to tell them because I hadn't done so in any other path and I wanted to try everything. I regret this now.

It's a relatively easy thing to go back and replay the end of chapter 4, all of 5 and 6. I'll keep the original save just in case it ends up being better somehow( I doubt it). Is any one else doing this? Should I redo it now or just wait until the dust settles and we know how every decision pans out?
I told them once just to see what they did. But I don't have an ongoing playthrough with them knowing. Derek doesn't have to fuck a grandma for nothing.

Reactions: Icekatana
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes