Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
Just finished my third path for chapter 6 (All DIK) and Stephen finds the video at the end. Does anyone know if he still finds it, even if you avoid telling the DIKs? My memory is a little hazy about the details. I know I could avoid telling Derek. The DIKs too. Does this make a difference at all?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Just finished my third path for chapter 6 (All DIK) and Stephen finds the video at the end. Does anyone know if he still finds it, even if you avoid telling the DIKs? My memory is a little hazy about the details. I know I could avoid telling Derek. The DIKs too. Does this make a difference at all?
If they don't know about it, he doesn't get it.

Assassini

Oct 17, 2018
Last time I played Being a DIK was more or less this time last year and I've now come back (so came in with saves from episode 4 and have to play 5 and 6 for the first time). Still blatantly S-tier on this site, and all the content is gold. Derek is an absolute bro (fite me), multiple best girls (says a lot that I can't decide who is best, best), neutral best path, and this is one of the very few games on here that I'm actually genuinely interested by the story.

Godamn, I don't know what it is about this game but the writing is just so fucking good. I've played a good dozen plus games on here now and even the ones that I've thought had decent writing and dialogue mostly don't really stack up against BADIK. Madness...

I also cannot get over how insane the illusion of choice is here. It feels dead simple but also complex, like every single decision will alter the way some people will interact with you and change the course of your time in game. Just seriously class stuff.

Also, while I generally am not a fan of the mini-games (but do them anyway for the special renders, which I then never look at because I'm psychotic) the house-fixing mini-game is actually surprisingly legit! Exactly the sort of management kind of sim that appeals to me outside of fapping. Albeit... I thought you were supposed to get 10 points per 1000 experience you earned? It seemed like there was a cap on the points you could get because I was getting a fair bit less than that. I'm hoping my current strategy will pay off though, because I've basically spent all the money training the guys up to be good at everything and now have no money... I shall be gutted if I have to go back through this all!

The ONE thing that I'm not really sure I'm ready for is a repeat of my experience with Acting Lessons. I thought Acting Lessons had this really cool/sexy setup with fun writing and characters but then it just became sooooo bloody depressing and I never finished it. I know the game needs some antagonists and overarching plot goals, but I kind of hope it doesn't slide into less fun territory.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
This game is great but anyone else thinks it got so popular because most guys here are 18-24, in college, and looking to have the type of experience the mc has? Like fuck man it has great renders and the story is going great , sure, but the fucker is living the university dream ffs
I'd say there's a broad spectrum of people here. One kid was talking about having some pocket money to donate to DPC (so he's probably 12), others are definitely passed their prime, reminiscing about the good ol' days, how it was or how it might have been (60s+). We're a motley crew of horn dogs. :cool:
Last time I played Being a DIK was more or less this time last year and I've now come back (so came in with saves from episode 4 and have to play 5 and 6 for the first time). Still blatantly S-tier on this site, and all the content is gold. Derek is an absolute bro (fite me), multiple best girls (says a lot that I can't decide who is best, best), neutral best path, and this is one of the very few games on here that I'm actually genuinely interested by the story.

Godamn, I don't know what it is about this game but the writing is just so fucking good. I've played a good dozen plus games on here now and even the ones that I've thought had decent writing and dialogue mostly don't really stack up against BADIK. Madness...

I also cannot get over how insane the illusion of choice is here. It feels dead simple but also complex, like every single decision will alter the way some people will interact with you and change the course of your time in game. Just seriously class stuff.

Also, while I generally am not a fan of the mini-games (but do them anyway for the special renders, which I then never look at because I'm psychotic) the house-fixing mini-game is actually surprisingly legit! Exactly the sort of management kind of sim that appeals to me outside of fapping. Albeit... I thought you were supposed to get 10 points per 1000 experience you earned? It seemed like there was a cap on the points you could get because I was getting a fair bit less than that. I'm hoping my current strategy will pay off though, because I've basically spent all the money training the guys up to be good at everything and now have no money... I shall be gutted if I have to go back through this all!

The ONE thing that I'm not really sure I'm ready for is a repeat of my experience with Acting Lessons. I thought Acting Lessons had this really cool/sexy setup with fun writing and characters but then it just became sooooo bloody depressing and I never finished it. I know the game needs some antagonists and overarching plot goals, but I kind of hope it doesn't slide into less fun territory.
While everyone here is kinda paranoid something soul destroying is pending, my understanding is this game is meant to be a little more on the lighter side than Acting Lessons. So while drama abounds, killing off one of the main love interests is hopefully not in the cards. That's not to say any of the side chicks are off the hook. :eek:
Quick question, is there a way to get to Jill's date without basically standing up Sage? Like I don't really mind being forced to choose between the two now, I just dislike how I (being the player) basically had to suddenly ghost Sage without warning, not even a bare minimum text to say how I wouldn't be able to help her that day.

Looking at the walkthrough it seems like I can avoid it just by avoiding becoming friends with benefits with Sage in the first place but that requires a lot of backtracking and I was hoping to avoid going that far back.
If you're breaking the date with Sage, just before you head off with Jill the MC says this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now you can imagine that the MC sorted things out with Sage because that's what the message was all about, otherwise if you need more closure, I've attached a patch to the episode 6 file that will allow you to look at your messages during the "free roam" on the date with Jill and you'll see the correspondence with Sage.

Two files, one with the walkthrough enabled, one without (just choose one). Just put the file in the "game\season2\scripts" folder, and remove the "- walkthrough" part from the walkthrough file (if you're using that file). You may be asked to overwrite, choose yes. You have to restart the game for the files to load.

Note: All I've done is provided access to the messages during the freeroam, I didn't create or alter the messaging between MC and Sage (I was tempted too... :sneaky:)

Last edited:

PepperX

May 17, 2020
I'd say there's a broad spectrum of people here. One kid was talking about having some pocket money to donate to DPC (so he's probably 12), others are definitely passed their prime, reminiscing about the good ol' days, how it was or how it might have been (60s+). We're a motley crew of horn dogs. :cool:

While everyone here is kinda paranoid something soul destroying is pending, my understanding is this game is meant to be a little more on the lighter side than Acting Lessons. So while drama abounds, killing off one of the main love interests is hopefully not in the cards. That's not to say any of the side chicks are off the hook. :eek:

If you're breaking the date with Sage, just before you head off with Jill the MC says this:
Now you can imagine that the MC sorted things out with Sage because that's what the message was all about, otherwise if you need more closure, I've attached a patch to the episode 6 file that will allow you to look at your messages during the "free roam" on the date with Jill and you'll see the correspondence with Sage.

Two files (just choose one), one with the walkthrough enabled, one without. Just put the file in the "game\season2\scripts" folder, and remove the "- walkthrough" part from the walkthrough file (if you're using that file). You may be asked to overwrite, choose yes. You have to restart the game for the files to load.
Dude I'm also playing as "Fuckface". It's probably the only accepted name am I right? LOL

PepperX

May 17, 2020
Hey there,

As you said, you want to show your activity, but not your secret game.
Here you go. Take note! Press on the "X", not on the monitor icon!

However, be aware that people might see your activity on Steam.
We all know the privacy we want :sneaky:

Good luck!
Yo thanks a lot! I had to end up doing that. The only way I found was to disable the game activity altogether while I was playing and re-enabling afterwards. The weird part is that Being a DIK doesn't even show on the list so there's nothing to remove.

Reactions: MrBamboocha

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
If they don't know about it, he doesn't get it.
Oh dear. I made a save specifically for this choice at the end of chapter 4. Part of me wants to go back and change it because I hate Stephen and I don't want to cause problems for Jade. Another part of me wants to see what happens if he finds out.

As a side note, I was a little taken out of chapter 6 because of some things Maya said. In my play, during chapter 5, I chose to have the MC have sex with her instead of Josy. But a lot of the dialogue with Maya involved her being nervous and skeptical about having sex with a guy for the first time. That was a pretty bad writing error.

I liked chapter 6 a whole lot though.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020

I think setting this game to the same standard as AL is a bit unfair to DPC. It may be the same guy but I don't think he'll take it to that level, for the simple fact that it seems that he has a lot of pride in his work and repeating storylines is one of the worst things a writer can do. His writing isn't perfect, but I like to hold on to hope that he won't use the "copy and change a few words around" method

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Horn dog, pssshh, I resent that sir. I READ AVNs for the insightful commentary they make on modern day life, relationships, and the overall human condition.

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020

Two files, one with the walkthrough enabled, one without (just choose one). Just put the file in the "game\season2\scripts" folder, and remove the "- walkthrough" part from the walkthrough file (if you're using that file). You may be asked to overwrite, choose yes. You have to restart the game for the files to load.

Note: All I've done is provided access to the messages during the freeroam, I didn't create or alter the messaging between MC and Sage (I was tempted too... :sneaky:)
could you put here what you say to sage?

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Oh dear. I made a save specifically for this choice at the end of chapter 4. Part of me wants to go back and change it because I hate Stephen and I don't want to cause problems for Jade. Another part of me wants to see what happens if he finds out.

As a side note, I was a little taken out of chapter 6 because of some things Maya said. In my play, during chapter 5, I chose to have the MC have sex with her instead of Josy. But a lot of the dialogue with Maya involved her being nervous and skeptical about having sex with a guy for the first time. That was a pretty bad writing error.

Maya does react differently in episode 6 depending on whether she'd already had sex with the MC in episode 5 (or tried in ep3). In ep3 she freaks out and stops the MC before he enters her, and as I recall, in ep 5 she only takes half (or less) of the MC's cock and she's still very nervous. Not much really happens during that scene, it's probably one of the most tame sex scenes in the game, mostly because she's mega nervous.

So when she's talking with Josy in ep6, she says she's still scared of the size, because she probably feels like she's supposed to take it all. If she's never had sex with the MC she's just nervous in a general sense. Plus remember, this is Maya, the queen of drama. :rolleyes:

could you put here what you say to sage?
There are two different outcomes depending on the mc's relationship with Sage. Both are below. The last two messages are relevant, the rest are private so no looking! ;)
Now if the MC had a brain in his head he'd drop by later to see Sage anyway, even when she tells him not to. Doesn't he know anything about women! :rolleyes: Just for god's sake, make sure he's wipes off any of Jill's lipstick or we will know what that screw driver render is all about! :eek:

Last edited:

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
That actually happened in college once. We had to call campus security. That was one hell of a boner killer being strung up in the bed naked with teachers, students, and security in the room.

Those were the good days.
I mean, all it takes is a paper clip, or some other thin bit of metal, to shim the handcuffs. You shouldn't really get into bondage if you can't shim the cuffs in an emergency.

Reactions: papasmurf

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
Maya does react differently in episode 6 depending on whether she'd already had sex with the MC in episode 5 (or tried in ep3). In ep3 she freaks out and stops the MC before he enters her, and as I recall, in ep 5 she only takes half (or less) of the MC's cock and she's still very nervous. Not much really happens during that scene, it's probably one of the most tame sex scenes in the game, mostly because she's mega nervous.

So when she's talking with Josy in ep6, she says she's still scared of the size, because she probably feels like she's supposed to take it all. If she's never had sex with the MC she's just nervous in a general sense. Plus remember, this is Maya, the queen of drama. :rolleyes:

There are two different outcomes depending on the mc's relationship with Sage. Both are below. The last two messages are relevant, the rest are private so no looking! ;)
Now if the MC had a brain in his head he'd drop by later to see Sage anyway, even when she tells him not to. Doesn't he know anything about women! :rolleyes: Just for god's sake, make sure he's wipes off any of Jill's lipstick or we will know what that screw driver render is all about! :eek:
It would seem to me very forced that this would determine the end of the relationship with Sage.

I can understand her being angry, but if this is the turning point in the relationship with her, I find it very unlikely.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I believe it's 5 XP per 1000 points, but there are a lot of other things to keep track of, too.

Other than the dreadfully clunky interface, I really like the mansion mini-game (though "mini" is pushing it). If you want to dive into the details, you can find a lot of good information here, here, or here.

As Shazba mentioned, Maya's dialog will change a little bit depending on the MC's choices. Even if the MC had sex with her in Ep 5, she was shocked that she couldn't take much of his infamous baseball bat despite being rather drunk. So it makes some sense she'd still be nervous about it.

Also, her main concern seems to be whether the MC likes what she does with him, which actually applies very well to this situation: she's worried he didn't enjoy it since he couldn't go "all the way" and was just being polite. Her concern is overdone, but it's understandable given that Maya is both very introverted and extremely uncertain about her sexuality at the moment (for several different reasons).

That said, I agree her actions make more sense if the MC went with Josy in Episode 5, which is a curious decision. I've always felt that, even though I prefer Josy's scene over all, following Maya was an easy call: Josy just got great news and is walking on clouds whereas Maya was feeling alone and vulnerable for obvious reasons. Maya's scenes in Episode 6 make me wonder if DPC expected us to choose Josy's path more often.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes