Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
If Bella's husband comes back after Bella has been pining for him, she be all like, "Yay, you're back! Sorry MC, fuck off."

How does that fit into the whole ominous scene in the library after kissing Bella:

"But if I had known the real reasons to her tears...
...and to her persona...
I wouldn't have kissed her that night.
I would have called out for help."

This is future MC telling us that Bella needs help. She's going to have a breakdown or something, and the MC is causing it because he keeps pushing his cock into her face!
Right now, I consider that something that's supposed to scare us off or it might be another red herring, it's mentioned just once and there's no mention of it at all after that (possible implication that MC does not survive the ending of Being a DIK?)

But let's delve into the different versions of what it might be about:

• Bella suffered a miscarriage or had a stillborn at one point and her husband left due to the stress, grief and strain that such a traumatic experience causes. This explains why Bella is so cold and isolated towards most people. Also, it's a logical guess of what's behind the locked door - a nursery and after James left Bella chose to lock the room to isolate the memories (but I can't give an explanation to the boots seen beneath the door). Also, it might explain why she thinks that she "forgave him years ago" while in the pool with the MC. I believe this version the most.
  • James is/was a soldier and he went away on a mission and is gone for a few years, with absolutely no news about his status so he might be MIA. This is believable and an implication might be made from the mannequin the MC runs in to while drunk. The locked door was James' home office and Bella locked it to isolate the memories. This version however, offers no explanation of what Bella forgave James for.
  • James cheated on Bella with someone and she caught him in the act and kicked him out. Very weak possibility, I don't think she'd still be wearing the ring if she caught him cheating.
  • Bella cheated on James with Jill (as it was implied in that scene in chapter 5) or someone else and was caught by him and he left in anger and didn't come back. Possible, but difficult to explain - it leave too many plotholes. I think Bella and Jill did become intimate with each other at one point after Jill was comforting her one night and Bella swore it wouldn't happen ever again.
Bella is my favorite LI in this game and I would absolutely hate it if we don't get a happy ending with her (not necessarily Bella and MC riding off to the sunset together - MC helps her move on and years later they encounter each other by chance and MC sees that she finally did move on and have a normal life, married and created a family of her own.)

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

I've been writing this week and spent a few days working on a lewd scene (writing and posing static renders and animations).

I have approximately 10-15 animations left to pose for that scene. 209 animations have been posed in total, out of which 198 are fully rendered. So far, 25620 animation frames have been rendered for episode 7.

I spent some time playtesting the episode as well, and it is shaping up in some areas while feeling incomplete in others. As it stands right now, the written content for the episode is marginally shorter than for episode 6, but I have ~15-20 scenes left to write.

I have speculated before that episode 7 will be bigger than episode 6 and now I can say for sure that it's true. How much bigger and if the end of writing the script is in sight are the real questions, and I don't know the answer yet. All I know is that the episode will include a good deal of content regardless of how you play the game.

Poll News
In poll news, there was a $30 poll for an extra wallpaper that ended in a tie between Josy and Isabella. It's the first time that a poll has ended in a tie, and I have never thought of what would be a tiebreaker. Since it would feel disrespectful to patrons who voted to call only one of them the winner, I've decided to order one extra wallpaper of both Josy and Isabella for episode 7.

There's currently a poll for $10+ patrons to choose what Maya wears in episode 7. You can participate .

10,000 Patrons reward
I'm changing the weekly days for the wallpaper reward and will include the wallpaper with my Status update instead of on Saturdays.

So, it will be Wednesdays and Friday until I run out of wallpapers from now on.

Today's wallpaper is for Josy. Enjoy!

View attachment 1021611
View attachment 1021612

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Only Maya's wallpaper would be missing and I would have my complete threesome :love:

SenkuIshigami

Jun 12, 2019
Right now, I consider that something that's supposed to scare us off or it might be another red herring, it's mentioned just once and there's no mention of it at all after that (possible implication that MC does not survive the ending of Being a DIK?)

But let's delve into the different versions of what it might be about:

• Bella suffered a miscarriage or had a stillborn at one point and her husband left due to the stress, grief and strain that such a traumatic experience causes. This explains why Bella is so cold and isolated towards most people. Also, it's a logical guess of what's behind the locked door - a nursery and after James left Bella chose to lock the room to isolate the memories (but I can't give an explanation to the boots seen beneath the door). Also, it might explain why she thinks that she "forgave him years ago" while in the pool with the MC. I believe this version the most.
  • James is/was a soldier and he went away on a mission and is gone for a few years, with absolutely no news about his status so he might be MIA. This is believable and an implication might be made from the mannequin the MC runs in to while drunk. The locked door was James' home office and Bella locked it to isolate the memories. This version however, offers no explanation of what Bella forgave James for.
  • James cheated on Bella with someone and she caught him in the act and kicked him out. Very weak possibility, I don't think she'd still be wearing the ring if she caught him cheating.
  • Bella cheated on James with Jill (as it was implied in that scene in chapter 5) or someone else and was caught by him and he left in anger and didn't come back. Possible, but difficult to explain - it leave too many plotholes. I think Bella and Jill did become intimate with each other at one point after Jill was comforting her one night and Bella swore it wouldn't happen ever again.
Bella is my favorite LI in this game and I would absolutely hate it if we don't get a happy ending with her (not necessarily Bella and MC riding off to the sunset together - MC helps her move on and years later they encounter each other by chance and MC sees that she finally did move on and have a normal life, married and created a family of her own.)
I think every LI will get a good ending with the MC, surely that's a must-have? As long as Bella doesn't snap and start butchering people then a happy ending with her is likely.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I'm very impressed with Josy being able to keep up with Bella in a poll! Either a lot of Bella fans are below $30 tier, or Josy is finally gaining traction! She's underrated.
Yeah some of us around from even BEFORE the the very first release, when DPC were posting images of the LI's as teasers, knows that Josy was a top favorite. Her stock only went downhill after it was revealed in v0.1 that she was already in a relationship, and the "life is black and white with no grey in between, and nobody should ever not tell me the complete truth right off the top" folks deserted her.

SenkuIshigami

Jun 12, 2019
Yeah some of us around from even BEFORE the the very first release, when DPC were posting images of the LI's as teasers, knows that Josy was a top favorite. Her stock only went downhill after it was revealed in v0.1 that she was already in a relationship, and the "life is black and white with no grey in between, and nobody should ever not tell me the complete truth right off the top" folks deserted her.
I noticed that from checking really old patreon posts.
Then the game released and Jill has been on top since the beginning, even now. Only Maya came close but lots of people dropped her after 0.3. Hasn't really been any competition since then

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I've had a strange relationship with Josy. When I first started BaDIK I felt Josy was being forced on me (MC immediately professes his love internally, meanwhile Kellermann wasn't quite there yet). I thought, oh boy Megan part 2. :rolleyes: Then she more or less disappears from the story while MC goes off to college. For me, she was out of sight out of mind especially with all of the college hotties on display before my lustful eyes. I warmed up a little more to her when we had our date. After the big reveal, I forgave Maya and Josy instantly even though MC sulked around for an entire episode. Then, with the last couple of episodes, she just started looking amazing to me. There wasn't much of a physical change as far as I can tell, but the switch had been flipped. I was like damn she's smoking hot. I really want a full and legitimate Josy solo path in addition to the threesome so I can spend more time with her exclusively.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
It is assumed that Jill did not exist at that time but because DPC could not have Isabella and Sage in the trailer or is it that they did not exist in the game at that time or he did not want to show them :unsure:
DPC actually specifically mentioned in late December 2018 that he needed another LI to make the story work and so he created Jill. Development work of BADIK started at least 2-3 months before that.

JohnDelfino

Mar 27, 2020
Poll News
In poll news, there was a $30 poll for an extra wallpaper that ended in a tie between Josy and Isabella. It's the first time that a poll has ended in a tie, and I have never thought of what would be a tiebreaker. Since it would feel disrespectful to patrons who voted to call only one of them the winner, I've decided to order one extra wallpaper of both Josy and Isabella for episode 7.

Dr PinkCake
Nice, Josy actually pulled it off. Hopefully this is the first of many.

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
I've had a strange relationship with Josy. When I first started BaDIK I felt Josy was being forced on me (MC immediately professes his love internally, meanwhile Kellermann wasn't quite there yet). I thought, oh boy Megan part 2. :rolleyes: Then she more or less disappears from the story while MC goes off to college. For me, she was out of sight out of mind especially with all of the college hotties on display before my lustful eyes. I warmed up a little more to her when we had our date. After the big reveal, I forgave Maya and Josy instantly even though MC sulked around for an entire episode. Then, with the last couple of episodes, she just started looking amazing to me. There wasn't much of a physical change as far as I can tell, but the switch had been flipped. I was like damn she's smoking hot. I really want a full and legitimate Josy solo path in addition to the threesome so I can spend more time with her exclusively.
To be honest I liked josy at the start then after the maya josy reveal
I stepped down from pursuing both or any of them
even after 4-5 more replays I never went for the Throuple or any of them in particular

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
DPC actually specifically mentioned in late December 2018 that he needed another LI to make the story work and so he created Jill. Development work of BADIK started at least 2-3 months before that.
Yeah. Although she appeared in 1 group pic a bit earlier, Jill's character actually didn't get an "official reveal" till Jan 29th 2019, well after even non-LIs like Jade and Riona.

Here:

...and this was it:
Char_Reveal_badik_jill.png

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
To be honest I liked josy at the start then after the maya josy reveal
I stepped down from pursuing both or any of them
even after 4-5 more replays I never went for the Throuple or any of them in particular
Same here, I liked Josy from the start and was disappointed that we had to be separated from her so early in the game. Maya just didn't do it for me ever since we met her and I largely skipped over the parts when she's forced upon us. If a Josy solo-route is possible in the future, I'd definitely do a Josy-only route but for now the throuple is a definite skip for me.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
at the beginning it took a lot to me, unfortunately the situation of the crush at the end of summer is a situation that I know well.

I was so attached to Josy that I experienced Maya as a nuisance, I don't tell you when she became an insurmountable obstacle from a nuisance ...

but then the cryostasis in which she was put at the end of the third chapter has completely dampened any interest, and by dint of replaying my rating has completely changed

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Has every update gotten bigger from the previous ones?
Yes. He seems to be following a bigger is better trend for the last few updates. While the final product is usually good apart from a few weird things (like that rpg session or the mansion minigame) this has been impacting on the release time. I get the feeling we may get a even bigger waiting this time around. :unsure:

Limited20

Aug 4, 2020
Saw the cheating,group sex and prostitution tags.

What kind of cheating are we talking about here ?
Its it NTR/Cuckold/Sharing ? can we avoid it ?

What about the group sex ? Is it with other dudes ?
Can we avoid the gorup sex and prostitution ?

From my understanding (from devs patreon), the Main Character and Megan are a thing ?
Is there a loyal route or something ?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Saw the cheating,group sex and prostitution tags.

What kind of cheating are we talking about here ?
Technically the MC is doing most of the cheating as he's giving it to just about everyone despite trying to also have serious relationships with some of them. There's some light cheating involving some of the female characters too, but they're cheating on their partners with the MC.

Its it NTR/Cuckold/Sharing ? can we avoid it ?
There is not now, nor will there ever be, any of that here.

What about the group sex ? Is it with other dudes ?
So far it's been 1 dick, 2 pussies. but there won't be more than 1 dick involved.

Can we avoid the gorup sex and prostitution ?
Threesomes are avoidable and technically prostitution is as well, but it's going on whether the MC participates or not.

From my understanding (from devs patreon), the Main Character and Megan are a thing ?
Is there a loyal route or something ?
There is no Megan in this game and it is somewhat possible to maintain some loyal routes with the main girls.

Reactions: Limited20
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes