rj677

May 30, 2020
The screenshot shows that your choices are limited. They have no DIK or NEUTRAL affinity. They only have the CHICK affinity.
If you had a NEUTRAL affinity, both options would be open.

Since they had the affinity CHICK at that time, they couldn't change it.
It was because of the way you played. Up to FakeID, you have the option to change your affinity through your play style.

For example, I play affinity-neutral until the FakeID decision and with the FakeID decision I only commit to an AFFINITY (hopefully EP50):p for the rest of the game.

With the FakeID decision, DPC removes such options.
You commit to AFFINITY.

As mentioned earlier, as a CHICK, you can still make DIK decisions that cannot be attributed to affinity, and vice versa.
I know this issue as already been debated heavily, so Im gonna keep my post short

You say this choice in particular is a Main Choice because it will make you commit to an AFFINITY, so Im gonna ask you 2 questions:

1- Do you think a player with Full DIK or Full CHICK choices up until that point (10 vs 0) (which are the only players that can be "locked" as of the Fake ID choice (Where Im included since Im a Full DIK choice player) ) really is bothered with the fact that he is locked? Do you think it isnt just "another day at the office" for them?

2- Im curious... Why do you play the Neutral path? (I know why a lot of people do it, I just want to see if you know deep inside your head why you are doing it :unsure:)

PS: Actually, its 3 questions :KEK:

akdomino

Feb 16, 2021
I know this issue as already been debated heavily, so Im gonna keep my post short

You say this choice in particular is a Main Choice because it will make you commit to an AFFINITY, so Im gonna ask you 2 questions:

1- Do you think a player with Full DIK or Full CHICK choices up until that point (10 vs 0) (which are the only players that can be "locked" as of the Fake ID choice (Where Im included since Im a Full DIK choice player) ) really is bothered with the fact that he is locked? Do you think it isnt just "another day at the office" for them?

2- Im curious... Why do you play the Neutral path? (I know why a lot of people do it, I just want to see if you know deep inside your head why you are doing it :unsure:)

As you can see on the screenshot, you have a choice (DIK affinity or NEUTRAL affinity) (CHICK affinity or NEUTRAL affinity).

It follows that with DIK affinity or CHICK affinity you cannot really make a choice.

However, both options involve a NEUTRAL affinity. This enables a choice between the two options, as both options are activated by the NEUTRAL affinity.

I play (try to play) NEUTRAL affinity as my MC has more options to choose from.

akdomino

Feb 16, 2021

I missed a question.
With the FakeID decision based on your previous style of play (DIK, CHICK, NEUTRAL (thanks to Meushi)), your affinity will remain constant throughout the game. It's permanent.

Since I have no way of knowing how DPC writes its code in terms of affinity in EP7, it is difficult to predict anything.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Those are all great ideas for scenes but I feel that there too early for episode 7. I have a feeling that episode 7 will open with a scene between the MC's parents, I just have a feeling because of DPC doing more with Lynette's character model and hopefully it will officially end the 'aunt' theory.
'Officially end the Aunt theory' Noooo, say it isn't so!

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Did Josy actually leave the HOTs? I think she's still going to be in the sorority. That preview we saw showed her in what appeared to be the pool at the HOT sorority.
Josy went to go comfort Maya after she slapped Quinn and stormed out, but it doesn't necessarily mean she won't still join the HOTs. You'd think that she shouldn't, that she should show solidarity with Maya and not join, but Josy does kinda seem to do her own thing every now and then and it seems like, even without the whole "tuition" stuff, she wants to be a HOT.

However, I think Josy staying with them will be more a matter of convenience than it is her choosing the HOTs over Maya.

In my mind because of what's going on with Maya's dad, the girls will likely decide Josy has to go somewhere else, so she'll move into the HOTs. That separation will likely open up solo routes with the girls and drive a wedge between them. MC will still have options to help Maya though I would imagine if the player wants to (hope nothing is forced).
I could see this. Something happens at the beginning of Ep7 and they decide that it's better for Josy to have a place at the HOT house to have plausible deniablility.
I see there being 1 of 3 potential scenarios:
  1. They have a confrontation with her Dad when all 3 enter the room
  2. Maya enters the room first and either Josy or Josy and the MC are waylayed allowing for Josy to be kept from going in the room
  3. Maya's Dad isn't in the room when they get back.
The first scenario is certainly what I'm sure most people would want to see; a confrontation to end this sub-plot and let Maya move on and support herself without worrying about her Dad. It seems the simple, easy solution to end this part of the M&J story, but with so many episodes to go and DPC being very much big on drama, I think it's more likely that it won't end here and that the "Dad drama" will continue.

With the 2nd scenario, this seems like a likely way to stretch the drama out because if the Dad doesn't discover Josy, then this keeps that pressure up because now that they know the Dad can show up at any time, and it's not safe to be in the same room. Since Josy hasn't burned her bridges with the HOTs, she'll likely go stay with them, and even though they will still have classes together, it will still put strain on their relationship because Maya won't be welcome at the HOTs (Quinn will likely lay down that rule) and Josy can't spend time with Maya in her room in case her Dad shows up. Josy may even be pressured by certain HOTs to not hang our with Maya socially either, leading to more strain.

Finally, the 3rd scenario may seem "anti-climactic" to some, but I think it has the biggest potential for a dramatic twist because if they're all unaware of the fact that Maya's Dad can show up at any time, then their guard is very much down, and if he were to return when either all 3 of them are together or it's just Maya and Josy, this will be extremely bad for Maya to be caught in the act and her Dad is likely to go ballistic. The tension of knowing he could show up again would keep players on edge as you won't know when to expect it, and the fallout from this could be severe (not fatal, hopefully) leading to some very emotional and tense drama.

The other plausible outcomes seem to other subplots until the crisis is resolved) or else her dad has to back off his ultimatum (which badly undercuts his threat going forward). If he leaves before the trio arrives, it makes the cliffhanger a very unsatisfying anti-climax and still forces the MC to spend a bunch of time strategizing with the girls. If he falls for the old 'fake boyfriend trick' it plays out as a less plausible version of one of the previous options.
I don't know about the whole 'fake boyfriend' thing, at least not as a universal constant for all paths. If you're on the M&J path, then it may be that it happens automatically, much like the Cathy rejection in Ep 5 if you're on that path, but if you're not on the M&J path then it may be a choice and by choosing to say that you're Maya's boyfriend, that could start you down a Maya solo path. Whereas choosing not to and just saying you're her 'friend' would keep you in the friend zone but possibly be part of a Josy path since you didn't declare yourself "Maya's boyfriend".

My amigos, the past 3 episodes have started with a scene taking place in the past. Episode 4, M&J. Episode 5, Rusty and Tommy. Episode 6, Buddy and Rox.
What do you think episode 7 will open with?
Maya's Dad getting sexually assaulted by his priest when he was an altar boy which explains why he hates gay people.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
relax DavDR its a sad world where there are no more Aunt theories but we will cross that bridge when we get there! do not borrow from the future anxiety when you do not know what to do with the one that you already have here in the present and most importantly the one from the past from which you have yet not let go off yet!

Back on topic how bad is it if you told Derek the hairier the better and then with Josy told her she was perfect all shaved up or you told you prefer a little carpet, if you combine that eating up Ashley... even worse if Maya complains in the trouple that Josie is letting her hair grow down there and she does not really appreciate it (hell one can imagine the twins debate how they hate munching on carpets and Derek connecting the dots)

it might have already happened and that is why Derek is Broken... Ashley... his sister and dad and now his best friend is doing his sister while stealing his sister girlfriend (and it is working if Josie as decided to let the carpet flow because of what you told her and fuck Maya over sensitive mouth not wanting to munch of carpet)

It was one of my biggest existential crisis during the 00`s as pubic hairs went missing from girls, my original explanation was the curtains not matching the carpet but this game made me reconsider female gender fluidity which is 20 times bigger then men (yes for those poor fellas out there therapy works on half the women who claim to be lesbians, if they are bisexual but think they are lesbians because all they know of men are assholes like me, even tough i´m a dick, i fuck pussies and assholes...)

we will end up seeing our actions from Derek`s perspective and it might not be a pretty sight

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I see there being 1 of 3 potential scenarios:
  1. They have a confrontation with her Dad when all 3 enter the room
  2. Maya enters the room first and either Josy or Josy and the MC are waylayed allowing for Josy to be kept from going in the room
  3. Maya's Dad isn't in the room when they get back.
The first scenario is certainly what I'm sure most people would want to see; a confrontation to end this sub-plot and let Maya move on and support herself without worrying about her Dad. It seems the simple, easy solution to end this part of the M&J story, but with so many episodes to go and DPC being very much big on drama, I think it's more likely that it won't end here and that the "Dad drama" will continue.

With the 2nd scenario, this seems like a likely way to stretch the drama out because if the Dad doesn't discover Josy, then this keeps that pressure up because now that they know the Dad can show up at any time, and it's not safe to be in the same room. Since Josy hasn't burned her bridges with the HOTs, she'll likely go stay with them, and even though they will still have classes together, it will still put strain on their relationship because Maya won't be welcome at the HOTs (Quinn will likely lay down that rule) and Josy can't spend time with Maya in her room in case her Dad shows up. Josy may even be pressured by certain HOTs to not hang our with Maya socially either, leading to more strain.

Finally, the 3rd scenario may seem "anti-climactic" to some, but I think it has the biggest potential for a dramatic twist because if they're all unaware of the fact that Maya's Dad can show up at any time, then their guard is very much down, and if he were to return when either all 3 of them are together or it's just Maya and Josy, this will be extremely bad for Maya to be caught in the act and her Dad is likely to go ballistic. The tension of knowing he could show up again would keep players on edge as you won't know when to expect it, and the fallout from this could be severe (not fatal, hopefully) leading to some very emotional and tense drama.
I think something different will happen, in some ways I hope so.

the first scenario either ends with Maya and her father making up, which is highly unlikely, or what would it lead to? the father storming off promising his daughter that she won't see any more money and the 3 of them facing a problem they can't solve (MC's $5000 is a band-aid compared to the tuition). other hyper-dramatic scenarios seem unlikely to me and i don't want them anyway.

the second scenario i find however unlikely. it would kill the twist and that's it, widening even more the distance between Maya and her father, thus making a reconciliation more complicated (which i hope is the epilogue of the issue)

the third scenario is useless, it simply postpones a situation already built, if Josy moves to the HOTs at that point what threat would Maya's father pose?

so the first solution would give great drama, but probably an end in itself, the second cancels the twist, the third postpones it. they all seem like unexciting scenarios to me. i hope DPC has thought of something better

a small parenthesis on the fake boyfriend: besides being a silly solution for me (it is not believable in any way that the father seeing Josy there is to listen to the fairy tales they tell him), it would also be impractical for all the games, at least half of them, it would work only if Mc had to pretend to be the boyfriend of the girl for whom he has shown interest or if he is in the troupe, but for those who are just friends it would be a tremendous constraint, and for those interested in the other girl a great cruelty

Reactions: DavDR

akdomino

Feb 16, 2021
How about the solution for Josy / Maya and MC. (Relationship path)

All three come into the room and there is a big argument with the father. They chase their father to hell and take their fate into their own hands. MC's The $ 5,000 is just enough to fill the gap until all three have found a part-time job.

That would cement your relationship too.
I know it's not a drama. However, new problems would arise that they would have to solve.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

All three come into the room and there is a big argument with the father. They chase their father to hell and take their fate into their own hands. MC's 5000 will likely be enough for all three to find part-time jobs.

I know it's not a drama. However, new problems would arise that they would have to solve.
If all three of them have to get jobs, what's the $5,000 for?

It's a low amount of money, which doesn't seem to solve any problems even for MC, who is the poorest in all of BR.

And now if MC works he'll do it to buy the damn windows. I guess it's too late for them to get a part time job for the tuition.

akdomino

Feb 16, 2021
If all three of them have to get jobs, what's the $5,000 for?

It's a low amount of money, which doesn't seem to solve any problems even for MC, who is the poorest in all of BR.

And now if MC works he'll do it to buy the damn windows. I guess it's too late for them to get a part time job for the tuition.
The translation made it look stupid. The $ 5,000 is just enough to fill the gap until all three have found a part-time job.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
All three come into the room and there is a big argument with the father. They chase their father to hell and take their fate into their own hands. MC's The $ 5,000 is just enough to fill the gap until all three have found a part-time job.
So you're telling me that the MC should give Maya $5000 and then get a job to give her even more money? Oh lord the simping is on another level today.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
MC is gonna use the 5000 to open his own restaurant.
but then he also has to wait on tables... it doesn't seem like a great investment.

this inheritance has been described to us as a very small amount, so they will not be decisive in any area, neither for repairs, nor for tuition nor for legal expenses

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Warscared

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

I'm more interested in the antagonist Burke. Hopefully he turns out to be the true kingpin that can really challenge MC's status and not simply just be a boorish cuckold. We need someone to counteract MC's dominance. Tybalt and the goofball jocks aren't cutting it. As they say, a protagonist can only be good if there is an antagonist of equal measure opposing him.

Maya's dad just seems like a douche and not the main baddie. He basically doesn't like who his daughter is dating like pretty much every parent on the planet. Sprinkle some stereotypical homophobia on top and that sundae is complete. I'm sure he'd hate MC too if he thought Maya were straight and dating him. He'd find something, whether it's his stupid haircut or the fact that he wears fucking jorts all the tiime. The whole Maya's dad is a mean bigot angle needs to end sooner rather than later so we can move on to better plotlines. Much disappoint and many sorrow if Maya's dad turns out to be the Emperor instead of Captain Needa.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I think something different will happen, in some ways I hope so.

the first scenario either ends with Maya and her father making up, which is highly unlikely, or what would it lead to? the father storming off promising his daughter that she won't see any more money and the 3 of them facing a problem they can't solve (MC's $5000 is a band-aid compared to the tuition). other hyper-dramatic scenarios seem unlikely to me and i don't want them anyway.

the second scenario i find however unlikely. it would kill the twist and that's it, widening even more the distance between Maya and her father, thus making a reconciliation more complicated (which i hope is the epilogue of the issue)

the third scenario is useless, it simply postpones a situation already built, if Josy moves to the HOTs at that point what threat would Maya's father pose?

so the first solution would give great drama, but probably an end in itself, the second cancels the twist, the third postpones it. they all seem like unexciting scenarios to me. i hope DPC has thought of something better

a small parenthesis on the fake boyfriend: besides being a silly solution for me (it is not believable in any way that the father seeing Josy there is to listen to the fairy tales they tell him), it would also be impractical for all the games, at least half of them, it would work only if Mc had to pretend to be the boyfriend of the girl for whom he has shown interest or if he is in the troupe, but for those who are just friends it would be a tremendous constraint, and for those interested in the other girl a great cruelty
Honestly, I think that if there's a confrontation with Maya's Dad where he finds out about Josy being at the college and them living in the same dorm that results in the Dad officially cutting Maya off, that would be the most boring scenario. To say that a scenario where there's a confrontation but he doesn't find out about Josy, or a scenario where he's not in the room when they get back is "unexciting" couldn't be further from the truth, as far as I'm concerned.

For starters, the ever-present threat of Maya's Dad is what drives the drama of this particular story. Without it, then it's just Maya having to figure out the best way to finance herself through college and M&J coming out as a couple or staying in the closet, or Maya, Josy, and the MC either keeping their relationship a secret or letting it be known. These don't offer up quite the same level of tension and drama because the problems become much more simple and, as we've seen, this game doesn't really do simple.

Secondly, if this were to go for 20 episodes, then spending the next 14 episodes on simple relationship and life drama could get really old, really fast. There's no great threat or danger to the relationship other than the potential for stigma or ridicule should they come out, and even less if Maya gets a loan and a job to pay for her tuition. It then just boils down to everyday realtionship issues, and that would be dull.

However, if Maya's Dad doesn't find out about Josy or isn't there when they get back, this allows for their story to still have a lot of dramatic intrigue and greater relationship woes because of the strain it puts on their relationship since the Dad remains an ever-present threat. It might be "postponing" the resolution, but aside from feeling like it's still too early to resolve it, this is something you see in TV shows all the time. The and are basically this, where there's either an episode ending cliffhanger that seems ominous but is resolved easily in the next episode, or you have a crisis moment where the protags seem to be in imminent danger, but then it's resolved easily. It's like, if you've ever seen a TV show where the bad guy is snooping around someone's home or office, and that person is about to enter when they're still inside and it goes to an ad break or the episode ends, but then when it comes back, the bad guy is gone and that person never knows they were there.

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
His own gym and sports equipment store. I don't think you can eat baseball bats
Hands down i think Ashley has the best reaction to seeing MC's dick in the sauna. Then her being asked if she would sleep with the MC, and she says yes.

Whats your guys pick? (For characters seeing his dick. I think Jade is a runner up actually, "well endowed")

Reactions: Johnyboie
4.80 star(s) 1,529 Votes