godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Fucking hell how is this conversation still going on, it's just repetitive and boring now, new people jumping in and saying the same things that were said yesterday that lead to multiple posts getting deleted.

But to reiterate again because I love being dragged back in, Maya is a liar, and a manipulator. These are cold facts that not even her number one fans can deny.

And because of those character traits we don't know if she's telling the truth about dear old daddy.

Last edited:

skinnyft

Feb 14, 2019
Lol this sounds like DPC is trying to create intrigue by adding that MC's thought about the ax. But I wouldn't think like Hmm why is there an ax in a toolshed, isn't that perfectly normal tool to have in your toolshed? :D
Why would you have an ax in a toolshed?
Im not exp in gardening but i dont think u use an ax for that kinda stuff
And if you cut wood that wolda make sense but i dont see no woods xD

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget. - Thomas Szasz

Assholes won't change unless you extend a hand. If they spurn the hand, thats on them. I'm firmly in the fuck Maya's dad camp, but let's say there's a hypothetical moment in the game where he's at rock bottom having lost Maya with his scheme failed, and there's a sliver he might change with some help... yeah, I'll take the choice on a CHICK MC. Whats better than giving Daddio the middle finger by helping Maya break away from him and become self sufficient? Doing all that, and somehow getting him to make amends.
Yes, but Steve isn't hitting rock bottom because he feels bad about his actions against Josy and MC. He simply feels bad for himself. He is thinking more of how his parents break up is affecting him than his parents. I don't think he had even a sliver of self reflection concerning his own behaviour over the summer. Now MC's olive branch may be the kindness he needs to change his ways, but we don't fully know that yet. The fact remains he is guilty of greater unrepentant crimes than Dad Maya yet he is a character people are more quick to forgive. Makes you wonder why that is. ;)

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
So, this story can be summed up like this:

Dad: "I don't want you dating him because he's bad news and he'll just break your heart."

Maya's story, on the hand, can be summed up like this:

Dad: "I don't want you dating her because no daughter of mine is going to be gay."

There's a huge difference between disapproving the person your child is dating and disapproving the gender of the person your child is dating. One is more despicable than the other.
Since we're all advocating for the devil this morning, I could say the main difference is that we approve of one motivation and disapprove of the other. And there's probably some truth to that.

But what I will actually say is that I think the situation is better summed up as follows:

Shazba's Friend's Dad: "I cannot sit by while you destroy your life. You have to stop this behavior if you want help from me!"

Maya's Dad: "I will destroy your life unless you stop this behavior!"

That difference is, IMHO, rather glaring regardless of your feelings on cads or homosexuals. If Maya's dad had simply kicked her out of his home for her sins he would be far more sympathetic... which is speaks volumes about just how far he went.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Why would you have an ax in a toolshed?
Im not exp in gardening but i dont think u use an ax for that kinda stuff
And if you cut wood that wolda make sense but i dont see no woods xD
An axe is a tool, tools go in a toolshed. It's not a Battle Axe, she won't be using her axe to cut up dead bodies with.

KingDick77

Feb 7, 2021
Fucking he'll how is this conversation still going on, it's just repetitive and boring now, new people jumping in and saying the same things that were said yesterday that lead to multiple posts getting deleted.

But to reiterate again because I love being dragged back in, Maya is a liar, and a manipulator. These are cold facts that not even her number one fans can deny.

And because of those character traits we don't know if she's telling the truth about dear old daddy.
I 100% agree with you. Also Josy is a hypocrite too, a example of this is in ep 6 when you didn't fight Tommy and Josy kicks him in the nuts depending if you are in their relationship or not. I mean if you really are good friends with MC why didn't she do it in the friends route. Is MC just a errand boy for M&J if he is not relationships with them?

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
I 100% agree with you. Also Josy is a hypocrite too, a example of this is in ep 6 when you didn't fight Tommy and Josy kicks him in the nuts depending if you are in their relationship or not. I mean if you really are good friends with MC why didn't she do it in the friends route. Is MC just a errand boy for M&J if he is not relationships with them?
I think she does kick him but we don't see it if not in the relationship. There's a scene where he answers the door holding his nuts and doesn't talk about it.

Reactions: anonymoussposter

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Yes, but Steve isn't hitting rock bottom because he feels bad about his actions against Josy and MC. He simply feels bad for himself. He is thinking more of how his parents break up is affecting him than his parents. I don't think he had even a sliver of self reflection concerning his own behaviour over the summer. Now MC's olive branch may be the kindness he needs to change his ways, but we don't fully know that yet. The fact remains he is guilty of greater unrepentant crimes than Dad Maya yet he is a character people are more quick to forgive. Makes you wonder why that is. ;)
Helping Steve or not isn't a reflection of Steve's "worthiness", it's a reflection on the MC's compassion.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Fucking hell how is this conversation still going on, it's just repetitive and boring now, new people jumping in and saying the same things that were said yesterday that lead to multiple posts getting deleted.

Maya withholds information, but we've only caught her saying one thing that turned out to be untrue (the fake boyfriend). I consider that lie so minor as to be irrelevant.

So could you please provide evidence that she is a compulsive liar and manipulator? Otherwise, I see no reason at this time to dismiss her account and several reasons to support it (the Episode 4 flashback and Derek's "It was secret for a reason!" line in particular).

EDIT:
She *does* kick Tommy in the friends route; you'll see Tommy with an ice pack during the party. We just never see the flashback where it happens so the injury is never explained.

duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
Maya withholds information, but we've only caught her saying one thing that turned out to be untrue (the fake boyfriend). I consider that lie so minor as to be irrelevant.

So could you please provide evidence that she is a compulsive liar and manipulator? Otherwise, I see no reason at this time to dismiss her account and several reasons to support it (the Episode 4 flashback and Derek's "It was secret for a reason!" line in particular).
she joins a sorority of sluts (her word) solely because she wants free money from them, not friends or sisterhood. mc joins a fraternity because he wants a place to live, but he finds friends and brotherhood. shows character growth on his part. maya storms out when she doesn't get paid.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
she joins a sorority of sluts (her word) solely because she wants free money from them, not friends or sisterhood. mc joins a fraternity because he wants a place to live, but he finds friends and brotherhood. shows character growth on his part. maya storms out when she doesn't get paid.
Isn't that a case of Maya herself being manipulated? Quinn lied to her, so Maya slapped Quinn and left. I doubt the MC would have been anywhere near as eager to rebuild the mansion if Rusty been saying all DIKs get rooms only to renounce that once Hell Week was over.

Reactions: Heycock

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Isn't that a case of Maya herself being manipulated? Quinn lied to her, so Maya slapped Quinn and left. I doubt the MC would have been anywhere near as eager to rebuild the mansion if Rusty been saying all DIKs get rooms only to renounce that once Hell Week was over.
That's really shifting the moral responsibility. Maya made the decision to join the HOT's based upon a rumor that she would get free tuition. It was her intent to join strictly for monetary gain. She decided to use the HOT's, Quinn's behavior had nothing to do with it.

Nov 14, 2016
I doubt the MC would have been anywhere near as eager to rebuild the mansion if Rusty been saying all DIKs get rooms only to renounce that once Hell Week was over.
Well to be fair I don't see Rusty backstabbing like that, but even if he went back on his word about DIKs getting rooms I'm sure he would've had a good explanation and then MC could've probably stayed with Bella. Bella even mentioned that she didn't want MC to not have a place to live when they talked and she was working out.

duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
she made her decision to join the hots based on a rumour, not anything quinn told her. nevermind her stupidity for believing it in the first place, her singular reason for joining was incredibly disingenuous and when she didn't get what she wanted she freaked out like a child and (seemingly, i guess it's not 100% yet) abandoned the sorority. you're focusing on her leaving instead of why she joined, which was under false pretenses aka a lie. she was manipulating the sisters and situation for her personal gain. she didn't want to be a member.

4.80 star(s) 1,502 Votes