InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
That's ironic because all you ever do is bitch about how it's "unrealistic", so it seems you're having a hard time accepting its less-than-realistic premise. :rolleyes:
I'm just saying he should go full fiction instead of trying to walk a tightrope. The game is obviously a work of fiction. If he insists on maintaining an element of realism then the MC is going to get stabbed with the cake knife before it's all over because there's fuck all chance that many women are going to agree to share one man. And that none of them are jealous. Or insane.

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
He was a bit wimpy with Josy though, second guessing whether he should kiss her after he dropped her home from work (that would have been weird), and then chastising himself for supposedly missing his opportunity. He went from that, to casually walking in on three naked girls in a spa and whipping his cock out.

I guess that humiliating situation with the raid on the HOTs that left him running around naked on campus may have awoken the DIK in him.

An alpha is a leader, someone who draws people to them, who easily commands respect, someone who projects a lot of confidence. Not all girls go for that bravado, but it is attractive.

A beta is someone who is more of a follower, works behind the scenes, shy when put on the spot in front of others. Of course these often get interpreted as polar opposites, but betas are typical, regular nice guys.

Then there are totally socially awkward people. I don't know what the name for them is. Geeks?
Let's see. Cucks. Pussies. Wimps. Limpdicks. Pansies. And everyone's favorite: Bitches.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
The MC does none of those things but he is somehow an alpha male.
He's practically taken over leadership of the DIK's, has loads of confidence, has a harem of fk buddies due to his ability to make friends plus word of mouth about his dick, did all the crazy DIK challenges and kicked Chad/Caleb's asses which earned him respect too.

Marvipego

Sep 17, 2019
How not? I mean, he is super charismatic, fisically imponent due to his combat skills what makes him capable of commanding respect and he's very confident too, specially on the DIK path. He just doesn't feel like drawing too much attention to him, even though he is fairly capable of drawing attention from girls.

Reactions: shazba

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
If anyone wants the truth, the writing in this game has been absolute shit in places where it matters. There hasn't been a hell of a lot of forethought put into much other than getting to the end. That's why we can all sit here and poke holes in the story in between episodes.
I can't agree with that, there's clearly been a great deal of forethought put into this game. It doesn't always work well, but DPC has clearly added a lot of small details that he intends to use at a later date.

I think the biggest fault with the writing is that DPC is willing to play a little fast and loose with real world details in order to keep the story moving - hence things like the latest bout of Law & Order: AnO, or the Maya & Loan crisis. I'd be much happier if DPC cared as much about those sort of details as he does about character backstories and animation techniques, but he clearly does not.

Admittedly, this failing does make the game a more faithful homage to 80s-style teen movies. But then that's why I didn't much care for those movies until I was old enough for them to feel nostalgic. :p

The second biggest fault is that the game is always willing to take the drama up to 11 when an 8-9 would suffice. This one I find even more annoying, but it's hard to argue that it doesn't keep us engaged.

Considering it's written from the perspective of a male MC and for male players who are trying to fuck as many women as possible there's only so much I can like it. Having said that, when I compare it with other games currently or recently released it is certainly one of the best ones. That doesn't mean I can't think there are ways it could be better. I'm sure DPC thinks there are ways it could be better and I'm sure they will be in his next game.
Personally, I find BaDIK to be well above average in terms of catering to players who aren't interested in fucking as many women as possible. Not only does the game give you plenty of chances to opt out (which is depressingly unusual in and of itself), but it also doesn't go out of its way to point out the missed opportunity or second guess your decision. Yes, if you completely eschew every girl the game is a bit dull, but if you only pursue a small number you get enough action to justify the game and plenty of other fun stuff to do.

I'm curious to see how this will work as time goes on, especially given all the talk about branching in Episode 7.

With friends like these...

It's kinda unfair to gauge anyone's alpha-ness against the mc's achievements. I think he even put Arieth to shame! :oops:

Yeah, Tommy's a DIK, but not really an alpha, Vinny was the alpha, Tommy's just a cunt. To be less harsh on the rest of the guys, they are nice guys, but they don't really seem to embody the DIK attitude.
True, the DIKs aren't quite as DIKish as they first appear. But that's just as well, as it seems the DIKs are going to change for the better now that the MC is here to whip them into shape.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
He's practically taken over leadership of the DIK's, has loads of confidence, has a harem of fk buddies due to his ability to make friends plus word of mouth about his dick, did all the crazy DIK challenges and kicked Chad/Caleb's asses which earned him respect too.
How not? I mean, he is super charismatic, fisically imponent due to his combat skills what makes him capable of commanding respect and he's very confident too, specially on the DIK path. He just doesn't feel like drawing too much attention to him, even though he is fairly capable of drawing attention from girls.
By Sage's admission, a lot of the girls are talking about him. He's turned the bad girl Quinn's head, he's melted the Ice Queen, he's converted a lesbian, he's fucked or been sexually involved with like 20 women in only a few weeks. Rusty is treating him like a senior member of the DIKs (if not vice president already) and he's obviously positioned to be the president at some point in his college years, he's beat up Chad, Dawe, Anthony, (some other Jock whose name I don't recall) and Caleb. He's also beaten up Tommy. He's got older women pining after him (Bella, Jade, Nicole, Cathy). And he is pretty much taking charge and solving everything.

He's as alpha as they come. But he's not an asshole (which often seems to come with he territory of an alpha, but not mandatory), unless you count fucking heaps of girls an asshole move.

And he loves his dad. Awwwe...

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
I was so choked when Becky sat down at the lunch table lol. And then rats out MC for flirting with her in the hall previously
Yeah I laughed pretty hard at that I'm not really interested in the Josy/Maya route for my main playthrough not an ideal route to follow if you want to mess around with other girls.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
This last preview gave me the feeling that we might have to choose again between Sage and Jill.
Easy choice for me just like the last one. I sympathize for folks who are in both camps, there, though, I think all of us will have some tough choices as things progress.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I was so choked when Becky sat down at the lunch table lol. And then rats out MC for flirting with her in the hall previously
Speak for yourself, I only have eyes for Maya and Josy on my main save. :cool:

Honestly, I was wondering who the hell Becky was when she claimed to have seen me from the last DIK party. Took me about 10 minutes to find her on a previous save. "Pretend" not to recognize her my ass!

Last edited:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Is it just me or did the whole Maya/Josy thing feel really shitty towards the MC? I dumped both of them like a hot rock and went off to find Isabella. Maybe it was just me but I felt the MC would get screwed over in the long run staying with that situation, but I haven't gotten to the end of Chapter 6 yet either. I'll come back WAY later and finish that route. Bella is a goddess and way, way, way hotter than those 2, as is Jill & Sage. I'm just curious how others felt.
Ya it felt shitty. I think the worst part for me was thinking about how Maya asks you to be 100% honest with her early in the story, but clearly didn't do the same for you - she was 100% friend-zoned after that for me, and that will never change. Josy I was more just irritated with - while I don't like what she did, I feel like her infractions weren't quite as severe as I feel like she did seem to make more of an effort to communicate with MC.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
Ya it felt shitty. I think the worst part for me was thinking about how Maya asks you to be 100% honest with her early in the story, but clearly didn't do the same for you - she was 100% friend-zoned after that for me, and that will never change. Josy I was more just irritated with - while I don't like what she did, I feel like her infractions weren't quite as severe as I feel like she did seem to make more of an effort to communicate with MC.
Although I've friend zoned them too I'd still bang Josy and if Maya complains my response would be:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes