AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I get what you are saying but I think people just want a better storyline for Maya. last episode's ending does seem to hint at her becoming more involved (hopefully) but overall her story has just been very medicore since the Josy drama. In the first 3 episodes she felt more like a real fleshed out character and had a variety of interactions with the MC, not to mention she was just more fun. There was a lot of potential here, she was like the main female lead.

But after that her story is kind of lame, its too restricted to Josy & her father (even when he is not there) and she is detached from the interesting stuff. I don't feel the same chemistry with her and the MC as I did in the first episodes. And overall she lacks real memorable moments compared to the other girls and even "side" girls like Quinn.

There is a reason why she has declined in popularity overall, I was here when this game began and there was way more hype for her character. Overall its fine if you still think she is the best girl, we all have our preferences but no need to hate on others for their opinion
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DPC gave us a nice message to Maya's fans in the episode but of course you don't know, Many people here don't play Maya's route, but they know more about her than we do
screenshot0101.png screenshot0102.png

Poisonblack

Apr 8, 2019
How often do you guys think DPC comes and posts here under a different handle? and then debates his own characters and story with us haha.
It's like that one guy who tried debating J.K Rowling over Twitter with her character, Snape.
The same amount of time that he conveniently leaks information to this thread and then pretends to be pissed about it.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Either I get Bella and Jill or I fuck MC's chances of a good ending :oops: :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 1179176
Bella is my top pick cus I can tell she is a pandora's box. I don't think I'm on the Jill path cus cancelling on visiting Sage after promising her seemed shitty.

I still picked the "fight for her" choice because I will bang everyone or die trying lol. Jill is just too innocent and sweet to do her like that if I'm being honest though. :whistle:

We can dream of a Bella + Jill but good luck on that lol. If there is anything in this game that is a ticking time bomb, it's the drama waiting for us if you are on both Bella and Jill path.

carlosrm

Oct 5, 2020
That's what I'm hoping for, the latest episode definitely seems to hint at that. Josy still has feelings for the MC and Maya is basically ignoring her. Hopefully there is an option to romance her again in the next update
Josy is better than Maya for me, but i have to say things clearly anyway.

Maya also loves MC.In the episode in which you are rejected, if you choose to accompany Maya, she cries for MC, because she still loves him.

In this chapter we have gotten closer to Josy just because Maya is going through a problem with her father and she has to distance herself from both of them for a while. And it seems that we are moving away from her but we are not.

Remember that MC offered to give his room so that Maya and Josy can be together, so in the next episode we will probably see them together again.

If there was a romance option, I guess it won't be just for Josy. You can choose one of the two girls.
Or as some said in previous posts, maybe it depends on who you spend more time with (Josy or Maya), and that automatically decides your route.

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
How often do you guys think DPC comes and posts here under a different handle? and then debates his own characters and story with us haha.
It's like that one guy who tried debating J.K Rowling over Twitter with her character, Snape.
Maybe he comes around about update time and mods know it. Maybe that's why they Purged before an update.

Reactions: Casmyr

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Always the same damn question lol. You have scrappy's mod installed. Either install the clean version of the game or update the mod to latest version.
Negatory. If you have Scrappy's mod installed it *doesn't* crash (as far as I've seen). It doesn't crash, either. it's an intentional exit, caused by detecting that your savegame had cheating in it. Doesn't matter how clean your game install is, if you load a modded save and the game recognizes it, it exits. Put Scrappy's mod back in (or the cheat bypass on page 1), and it'll work just fine.
Is "texan" a nationality...?
If you ask a Texan, yes. If you ask anybody educated, no. By and large folks in Texas really seem to think their state it something special (in a good way). It really is something special (not in the good way). But it does pull in roughly 9% of the US GDP thanks to the fuel production and cattle, so it's not all bad.
Who do you think originated the 'Chad is gay' and 'Auntie Jill' memes on this board?
I think I've been on the "Chad is gay" topic as long as I've been on this site, it was just too blatantly obvious to me after the incident with the guitar. The Auntie Jill crap, though? I doubt it's DPC. If he really wanted to troll us he could just log in with his regular account and plant seeds of deception to screw with us openly.

Djchangeup

Jun 29, 2019
they are all Americans!

but Josephine implies a french origin either directly or indirectly trough Canada!

Maya probably Presbyterian so if her father had wealth would probably be a wasp (white anglo saxon person) but her fathers name is Patrick so Irish catholic? but makes no sense Catholics in the last 3 decades became far more progressive (too progressive lately...)!

her father attitude seems more like a "regular" american christian attitude so perhaps a mix of wasp and Irish?
there are Presbyterian Irish but they tend to call their kids William while Patrick is a catholic thing! the short terms are billy/willy for protestants and Paddy for the Catholics!
So probably she is descendant of converted Irish Catholics! Or old school Catholics that have no longer the moral suport of their own church!

Quinn is a mutt too much mix between all the cultures to make a distinction really! probably German ancestry since the German culture was repressed during ww1 and basicaly erased after ww2 even tough 20-45% of current Americans have some German ascendancy in them (most of the Jewish community are Germans culturally) also names like Schmidt where changed to smith or Drumpf to Trump as examples! since German and English are kind of similar grammatically its hard to quantify and easy to switch!

Bella is clearly Italian probably Sicilian in Origin due to her dark tone of skin mixed with her blue eyes but ofc she could also be a northern Italian or a mix of Italians! Her surname indicates her husband surname ... She can also be a descent of a southern European like original Spanish or french!

But her entire guilty attitude towards sex and cheating just screams the old Italian madona stereotype !

Sage is clearly Irish everything about her screams Irish! she might be a Burke and Burke is a traditional Irish name anglicized and its the surname of the most famous conservative member of the English parliament, basically the father of almost all current conservative movements!

Jill is supposed to be a clear WASP but her body attitude and behavior does not show it! But the way people talk about her being from old money indicates that! WASP where the original colonizers so almost all of the old money goes back to 400 years of land ownership and wealth accumulation and not innovators like the Burgmeisters (who are either German or Dutch) are supposed to portrayed (best portrait of a burgmeister into real life would be haneschhaus the makers of Budweiser or the Coors brothers which originally was koors)

Finally the state in which this occurs seems Connecticut the wealthiest state per capita in the USA, although the Neil Lynette story seems to have happened in the southern part of the states... probably Louisiana since Lynette is a french name just like Josephine!
Thank you! That makes a lot of sense. For some reason I kept thinking jill was had asian and white. But that clears things up for me

Milo-Otis

Apr 22, 2021
1. Yes. There is zero precedent for a throuple ending from a DPC game.
2. In first DnG, MC only dies if he tries to protect Jill. That's also called foreshadowing. Unlike in first DnG game, Josy always dies in second - no matter what.
3. Yes, but in the context of Zoey he was telling Bella a specific story. This entire game is MC's recollection of an important time in his life, and he starts with Josy. There must be a reason for this that ties into an unavoidable plot element. I say that foreshadowing and precedent indicates this involves tragedy. (PS - and that tragedy involves Bella chopping off Josy's head with the axe in her garden shed after she catches her trying to pull an Ocean's Eleven to get the MC and Jill into her secret locked room)
1. You can't argue for proof of precedent when there's what. one other example to pull from?
2. You're argument here amounts to, "The MC will obviously die if he pursues Jills route". This is not implied anywhere else, nor is Josy dying implied anywhere else.
3. Maybe the MC starts recollecting these important events in his life with Josy because, Oh, I don't know, these important events in his life literally start with him quitting his job and going on his first date with Josy? No no, you're right, far too convoluted.

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
1. You can't argue for proof of precedent when there's what. one other example to pull from?
2. You're argument here amounts to, "The MC will obviously die if he pursues Jills route". This is not implied anywhere else, nor is Josy dying implied anywhere else.
3. Maybe the MC starts recollecting these important events in his life with Josy because, Oh, I don't know, these important events in his life literally start with him quitting his job and going on his first date with Josy? No no, you're right, far too convoluted.
Well that and the story has to start somewhere. Might as well be day dreaming about a hot little piece of ass like Josy.

Reactions: Milo-Otis

carlosrm

Oct 5, 2020
bro

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
Is "texan" a nationality...?

im assuming theyre all American.

versions of it of course, theres asian american, latina....i think camilla is Brazilian...?
Texas is Weird. Capital W weird.

For one thing, they are not "the Great State of Texas."

No sirree, they call themselves " Republic of Texas."

Second, they are not integrated into Western or Eastern Interconnection ( aka power grids) of USA.

Texas has its own separate power grid.

And third.... cannot be explained. You gotta go down there and see this shit for yourself. Like, they are both quintessentially old timey American ( both good and bad traits) and somehow nothing like any other state's people.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
I feel like Maya is getting a lot of unnecessary hate just because DPC has a shit story line for her and then it's executed even shittier. Does anyone else remember the first episodes sharing a room with her, without any drama and bullshit ?

It was obvious what the big reveal of Maya's secret was going to be and that it would be severely anticlimactic. DPC's poor attempt to pad it out (for no reason) just carpet bombed the MC/Maya/Josy relationship for several episodes straight.
If you think about it, the whole thing could have been handled in a different way simply by knowing why Maya needed the free tuition in advance. That would have changed literally nothing from the impact that there is no free tuition, but would have reduced the drama stupidity significantly.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Arigon

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
1-When the only other example that the author provided not only disallowed a thruple, but
2- I didn't get that take, but even if so, DPC's mentor is Philly Games. Philly had absolutely no problem killing many folks, including the main character off in his initial game, which was by the way (Depraved Awakenings) far better than DPC's initial (Acting Lessons)
3- you might be right, but the MC we have now is not the MC of that simple date with Josy, and the simple next date at her house. Both the MC and Josy have evolved, and not necessarily for better or worse, but most definitely different. Hell Week eclipsed every other bad decision the MC ever made in his entire life, as Hell Week is intended to do. Reflection on events and decisions prior to that, at this point would be more nostalgic than anything else.
Just saying
Peace

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I feel like Maya is getting a lot of unnecessary hate just because DPC has a shit story line for her and then it's executed even shittier. Does anyone else remember the first episodes sharing a room with her, without any drama and bullshit ?

It was obvious what the big reveal of Maya's secret was going to be and that it would be severely anticlimactic. DPC's poor attempt to pad it out (for no reason) just carpet bombed the MC/Maya/Josy relationship for several episodes straight.
If you think about it, the whole thing could have been handled in a different way simply by knowing why Maya needed the free tuition in advance. That would have changed literally nothing from the impact that there is no free tuition, but would have reduced the drama stupidity significantly.
You misunderstanding :) . Maya and in extend Josy , gets the hate not because of their story, But because They rejected the Dik MC, but they forgive each other. That is all. Nothing, more nothing less, never was. :cool:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Arigon and dalli_x

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
You misunderstanding :) . Maya and in extend Josy , gets the hate not because of their story, But because They rejected the Dik MC, but they forgive each other. That is all. Nothing, more nothing less, never was. :cool:
Not really because its not like they act cold towards the MC if they reject you, hell Josy still seems to almost prefer the MC to Maya and if anything she and Maya are becoming more distant..its likely the MC & Josy reconnect soon

Also I played the Chik path as well once and it felt off and weird, its clear the threesome relationship will likely not end well. This whole direction hurts Maya more than Josy because Josy still feels more like her own character while Maya is too connected with Josy now and has nothing else going for her

Reactions: Abhishek_tanwar
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes