D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
So I was thinking about this recently.... Is there a reason why Quinn, regardless of MC's choices and actions, hates Maya so much from the get go and onwards?

Like, what happened on that first day where Maya talked to HOTs about pledging that made Quinn such an incredible maniac against MAya, whereas she is at most a manipulative bitch to people like Mona and Camilla? What makes Maya her absolute hatred object?

That plotline is bugging me. Any ideas?

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
You make some valid points but I don't think the Acting Lessons comparison fits. Megan was forced on you from Day 1 and you basically had to romance her. But in being a DIK you don't really have to romance Maya and since there are more main girls than in AL it doesn't feel like there is a clear female lead this time...at least so far and I hope it continues, I don't want every main girl's plot to revolve around Maya

It does seem that DPC still has big things planned for Maya (since she is connected with Quinn, Josy and now Sage) and she will be quite important..I guess we wil see how DPC handles it
Ok, honestely i didnt put so much atention on Al, so maybe you re right.
Well, if you dont like Maya that would be dissapointing. But to be clear i dont think that Maya is the "future girlfrind", just that she drives the story. I also had my doubts about Jill, but then DPC said that she was a last time addition couse the "story needed". But why? Right now you can cut her out and everything else will be the same. So thats going to change even if its hard to see how.

Reactions: Journey95

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
So I was thinking about this recently.... Is there a reason why Quinn, regardless of MC's choices and actions, hates Maya so much from the get go and onwards?

Like, what happened on that first day where Maya talked to HOTs about pledging that made Quinn such an incredible maniac against MAya, whereas she is at most a manipulative bitch to people like Mona and Camilla? What makes Maya her absolute hatred object?

It's not that she hates Maya, it's just that Quinn can tell from the get go that Maya is definitely not HOTs material. But she likes to toy with her (as she does with everyone). If toying with Maya so also messes with the MC, then it's a bonus for Quinn.

Also, Quinn likes the MC (more or less depending on your choices), so she likes to needle him about Maya. Regardless of whether the mc is in a relationship with Maya, Quinn thinks he is. From Quinn's perspective:
  • MC & Maya share the same dorm room,
  • Quinn, Mel and Sarah witness Maya grinding the mc, and there was definite chemisty,
  • Quinn even says she thinks Maya is the mc's "Soon-to-be girlfriend" (in episode 6 at lunch with the HOTs).
So it's not such much that Maya did something wrong, it's just she's not cut out for the sorority, and Quinn, for her own entertainment, sees how far she can push Maya.

In the sauna scene, when asked why she took so long to pledge, Ashley says she feels that if Maya can pledge, and she likes Maya, then maybe she could pledge too. Sarah answers, "HOTs are no Mayas, though. She's Quinn's toy."

Personally, I think Ashley isn't cut out to be a HOT either, so not sure why she didn't get similar treatment.

Giaochino

Mar 5, 2019
It's not that she hates Maya, it's just that Quinn can tell from the get go that Maya is definitely not HOTs material. But she likes to toy with her (as she does with everyone). If toying with Maya so also messes with the MC, then it's a bonus for Quinn.

Also, Quinn likes the MC (more or less depending on your choices), so she likes to needle him about Maya. Regardless of whether the mc is in a relationship with Maya, Quinn thinks he is. From Quinn's perspective:
  • MC & Maya share the same dorm room,
  • Quinn, Mel and Sarah witness Maya grinding the mc, and there was definite chemisty,
  • Quinn even says she thinks Maya is the mc's "Soon-to-be girlfriend" (in episode 6 at lunch with the HOTs).
So it's not such much that Maya did something wrong, it's just she's not cut out for the sorority, and Quinn, for her own entertainment, sees how far she can push Maya.

In the sauna scene, when asked why she took so long to pledge, Ashley says she feels that if Maya can pledge, and she likes Maya, then maybe she could pledge too. Sarah answers, "HOTs are no Mayas, though. She's Quinn's toy."

Personally, I think Ashley isn't cut out to be a HOT either, so not sure why she didn't get similar treatment.
Maya is not HOT material for Quinn standard.
I have an half idea that she wants to turn the sorority in a whore house, kinda. Prudish girl are useless to her but for sorority rules she can't deny Maya the entry so she treat her pretty badly and hand her a sex-driven hellweek list to have her giveup or fail. It would have work if not for Josy reporting in.

Also she probably hate her meek attitude

Reactions: isotope and shazba

loki266

Oct 26, 2017
Great update. The render's quality is visibly better, seeing the progress in the mansion mini-game through the episodes is really rewarding and overall a pretty great plot to read through. So much content in a single episode, I wonder how many hours it'll take to complete one playthrough without skipping texts when the game is complete.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Is there a faster way to skim through gameplay than ctrl?
Tab (or left click the Quick Menu Skip button). It's the same speed as Ctrl, but you don't have to keep holding the button.

There is a fast skip option in Ren'Py which jumps straight to the next action/menu, which is normally triggered by right-clicking on the Quick Menu Skip button. DPC has disabled this feature in BaDIK 0.7 though (you'd need a it).
Btw, what happened to the quick travel stuff for the DIK mansion? God, I really loath the free roaming navigation in this game.
It's still there if you hover over the bottom right corner of the screen during free roam events? Check your Preferences and make sure Fast travel button: Enabled
is any1 missing a riona render from episode 7? i followed the fan walkthrough and cannot find it. it says its from free roam. I am missing the 6th picture of the new set of renders
First Post > Extras > Special render guide Ep 7.

Last edited:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I think there are the solo routes and the throuple in EP7.:unsure:
The separations or not separations could happen due to pregnancies.

Throuple (Josy and Maya pregnancies)

Josy: Sex Scene 1 (no birth control pills)
MC does not have sex with Josy
Josy (no birth control pill) / Maya (possible impregnation): Sex Scene 2
MC sex could have unprotected sex with Maya
Josy (no birth control pill, possible impregnation): Sex Scene 3
MC sex could have unprotected sex with Josy

Josy Route (Josy pregnancy).

Josy (no birth control pill): Sex Scene 1
MC does not have sex with Josy

Josy (no birth control pill)/Maya: Sex Scene 2
MC does not have sex with Maya

Josy (no birth control pill): Sex Scene 3
MC sex could have unprotected sex with Josy

Maya route (Maya pregnancy)

Josy (no birth control pill): Sex Scene 1
MC has sex with Josy

Josy (birth control pill) / Maya (possible impregnation): Sex Scene 2
MC sex could have unprotected sex with Maya

Josy (birth control pill): Sex Scene 3
MC has sex with Josy

Last edited:

Ano00

Jun 23, 2018
Let me start with this, What I will say, are my personal taught which for most of you guys will hate me for this but Let me say with all the respect and love to our community.
"I welcome any of your taught and insult if you do so. Peace out ! "

View attachment 1179234

If I am right Dr. pink cake what to make this game close to reality as much as possible, I am keeping my feeling aside no matter I how much I love this game a because that will dull my judgement.

* TILL NOW, I will not talk about theories . . . *

1. Sage :

Mc and sage 'fuck-buddy' relation started because sage wanted to teach chad lesson. If chad weren't gay character and come back to sage, She would have thrown out mc of her life like most people do with fly in the milk.
If even i have to point out everything regarding sage and mc is 80% sexual. In chapter 7, When sage sees chad, I don't want to says but her heart bleeds for chad. At emotional bond with sage is quite a low expect one moment when you share you mother child birth story.
If we close to look close enough. All she want is sex with mc. I love this character, she help out mc, if you have no where to go but i believe no matter what, you can chose to go to derek but we won't. She is great friend and cares and look out for them but till now, A love relation with sage is doomed to fail because big dik can be found 5 out of 10 but love in these days ? Better believe in unicorns.

2. Bella:
This character certainly hold great character to stay with but 3 major point that put this taught to grave are basically she cheat on her virgin best friends that will destroy the argument of even a being a friend. She can destroy her friend love story by multiple sex encounter but can't handle a cathy bj, Why because she wants mc for her self. Let say mc have nothing to do with cathy but if your mc have any sexual encounter with other even one character, everything will fall apart.

What chance mc have if her husband returns ? "Dev" could make it work like her husband lost his memory or was in coma or something else all they way.

What do you think will happen if jill found out. Let me ask you will you do that to jill, what mc done if your mc is in relation with bella. I love this character yet I chose not to be with her because basically that i don't like do.

3. Jill :
I don't believe in Disney stories because they are just opposite of what reality like to do with anyone on daily bases.
If you are also on path on bella. it's will fail. Mc chose to fight for bella if you don't want to fall her for her blackmailer.(Given chance I want to stay her friend and help her regarding tybely issue, If i were given chance if will stay her fried and her her out every step like josy do to mc if your mc is even only a friend.)
She chose not to stand against tybelt so if any once which believe that she could go against her family for mc. Good luck with that. No effect of best friend bella even if you are not in relation with bella. She believe everything she does is right and as required mc to be a chick on her path no wonder she will ride mc.
JOSY know mc finical situation yet as mc point out not completely so as mc tries to teach her meaning of being poor at the event of chad vs mc. She know tybelt is liar and manipulate yet chose to believe him over mc at so many points.

I hope, I don't have to remind you id mc hurt her blackmailer by tennis ball, Jill will have sympathy for her blackmailer. so again best of luck . . .

4. Quinn :
Volatile as volcano(My mc is on her and sage path currently). Her character I have seen very rough up bringing, loved her father, she knows what money is. She is doing for everything for her family(father). I hope she fall in love with mc. Now while mc is on rise he is in demand but I fear in dark days for mc he do not sees same faith as tommy. Regarding the issue every once have with quinn.

1. Prostitution : She didn't pressure anyone, proof Quinn to mona : you knew what you being agree on. mona ; I didnt know, i will do older guys. She just give choices, choosing or not is up to individual. just like camila says and just like mel and sarha did.

2. Drug pedaling : Yes it's wrong but seller exists only because buyer exists. seller could be any and many. drug problem can't be solved untill buyer exists. I don't even mind that. she didn't durg to any body throat they come to her as proven many times.

3. Blackmail : It's just out of the content because she tell exactly what men in power like stephan will do and he does it. Saying to mona what will happen because the choices she made is blackmail then there is noting to say.

4. Money : At least she straight forward and tell what she does same reason that tommy in ruin. She suppose to do that for her father. What length will any of us will go to our love once.

* * * The fall of tommy begin when (In my point of view): Time when quinn says to tommy : You like me like that but your sister is off limit(And regarding other girls). Tommy have nature of use and throw and selfish and controlling regarding everything and there are many point I can mention.
"When tommy says I am ready to be a scapegoat. Quinn : I like you and don't want you to do that but tommy character is to selfish and corrupt toward quinn." * * *

5. M & J :
Josy solo path is not available but she is great friend and quite understand mc but in M & J relationship mc is not primary . They don't even truth him over info of maya's father till the end chapter 6.
It's better to be a great friend then third wheel. There is no possible way of haram in as it's go against very fundamentals of being a family or in process of forge one.
Josy solo path were there I would have taken it. M & J also have many character flaw I can mention but I am done, I have done that many times.

If this game based even on 50% reality then : : : As the words goes "Reality is often disappointing".

There is light at the end of tunnel but if tunnel is full of light(Just like mc life currently in game) then at the end of tunnel you loss sight(reality, that lead to digaster) for seconds that is why tunnel are usually bit darker. So as i think bitter sweet time will arrive for mc and his choices and character he is engaging with will lead to multiple disaster situation and then we will full understand a possible partner.

In the end no matter how much you or anybody love anyone. Love can never over power money. sad but that is how it's work as history has proven over and over again.
and we forget about sage in bella path....if she cant handle a bj from cathy and rejects you afterwards what about when she finds out about you and sage as a fuck buddy's :)) cuz she is her toutor in that disertation work :D and could happen to lose both bella and jill if u are in their path...cuz bella cand tell jill ur not worth at some point jezz

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
and we forget about sage in bella path....if she cant handle a bj from cathy and rejects you afterwards what about when she finds out about you and sage as a fuck buddy's :)) cuz she is her toutor in that disertation work :D and could happen to lose both bella and jill if u are in their path...cuz bella cand tell jill ur not worth at some point jezz
Bella doesn't know it was just a blow job. She probably thinks they had sex.

I was just thinking, what the hell went through Bella's mind when she found the undergarments? She'd be like:

"WTF!? Cathy went home demoralized due to the humiliation of being posted naked to the entire campus. MC gives her a lift home, and then he fucks her?! He's got to be the horniest little shit I've ever met!"​

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Because Ashley is not desperate enough to tell everyone that she wants to join because of free tuition, and go along with whatever they tell her to do as long as there's a hope of getting it. She doesn't fuck MC in the sauna, showing that there are some limits to how far she can go. If it was Maya, she'd probably start convincing herself that it isn't that bad because it's with you and she really needs that tuition. Also, Ashley is only accepted because Lily did all of her fun tasks

LionsNose

Mar 20, 2021
Hey~o,
Not sure if this is the place. Redirect me if necessary.
I play the game in Android port. Some issues are aparent, DPC screwed Android players out of some content, like the Sarah speciel and the Quinn and Riona threesome. Also the port i am playing does not let you play the brawlers, since there are No arrows available to press.
Sooo... Anyone know of a port for Android where these things are fixed?

Lol00000

Jun 19, 2018
Sorry, but I'll ask again, is there any bug related to getting Sarah scene on episode 2? I won the body shots competition and paid quinn for the special take out, but the option "find Sarahis still greyed out", can anyone help?

LionsNose

Mar 20, 2021
Sorry, but I'll ask again, is there any bug related to getting Sarah scene on episode 2? I won the body shots competition and paid quinn for the special take out, but the option "find Sarahis still greyed out", can anyone help?
Yeah, that's an issue, if you Play om Android.

Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
There's a line in the code that says:

if not renpy.variant("pc"):
$ ep2_hotOpportunity = False​

Basically is you're playing it on Android, this line needs to be removed. There are a number of cases where this screws up the game.

Reactions: Lol00000

LionsNose

Mar 20, 2021
There's a line in the code that says:

if not renpy.variant("pc"):
$ ep2_hotOpportunity = False​

Basically is you're playing it on Android, this line needs to be removed. There are a number of cases where this screws up the game.
And i am guessing that you can't just change the line or delete it?... Not that i would know how. :0

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I think Maya's plot has been a good one, especially for a coming of age story like BaDIK. But I do think it's been hurt by a few structural issues with the way DPC presented it.

The biggest problem is just overexposure. The relationship between Maya, the MC and Josy was the major subplot of Season 1, completely dominating the final episode; the other girls got great scenes, but the focus was always on Maya and Josy. When the situation is finally resolved one way or the other, we have a single (short) episode to breathe before we jump right back into the Maya drama, first with her worrying over the Scavenger Hunt, then in full-on crisis mode thanks to her father.

That's a lot of focus on squarely Maya, particularly since Josy was MIA for the first half and is dragged into the second half through Maya. Even for a hardcore Maya fan like me, it's a bit exhausting. For anyone less invested, I'm sure it's beyond frustrating by now. We really needed more time to give Maya a turn as a supporting character in the other girls' stories in season 2, the way Jill, Bella and Sage got to help the MC through the "Maya issue" in Episode 4.

Instead, Josy's main drama continues to be her relationship with Maya, Jill gets that interminable blackmail subplot, Bella spends most of her time foreshadowing her marriage issue, and Sage winds up being drawn into Maya's plot directly! Good grief! The only other girl who comes close to getting that much attention is Quinn - and what a shock, she's plenty polarizing in her own right! (Also, a lot of Quinn's screen time is in cutscenes, which makes it a bit less intense since the MC isn't constantly reacting to her.)

On top of that, Maya will always pay the price of memorably demanding 100% honesty from the player, only to keep a pretty fucking big secret from him. I think we can all intellectually understand why she did it, but that doesn't mean it's easy to forgive her for it. I certainly can't blame people who would be reluctant to trust her after that... yet the plot proceeds as if trusting her was a foregone conclusion. Again, this would have been a lesser problem if it happened in Season 3 after we'd switched the focus to someone else. That would have given us time to build up the trust the story really relies on. Instead it just exacerbates the problem of overexposure.

Lastly, we get the infamous library scene at the end of Episode 4. Normally I'd let Bacchus rail against this, but since he's no longer here I guess I'll have to cover it. The problem is that we spent an entire episode watching the MC freak out over the fact that Maya and Josy were secretly girlfriends. He talks at great length about how difficult it was to be lied to and kept in the dark like that. All the while, the MC spends no time whatsoever trying to learn about just what the hell happened between them, or really shows much interest in their relationship at all. Yet when we get to the finale, it's all about how Maya and Josy still love each other, and the MC's place in their relationship is a literal afterthought. Even worse, if the girls reject the MC (for very poorly explained reasons in game), we get that infamous shot of the two making out as the MC walks away.

Just... wow. I mean, I'm as big a fan of the pair it gets (though perhaps not quite as a big a fan of Josy as ChipLecsap ;)), but even I felt the chill there. What we needed was to restructure the episode so the MC spends less time moping and more time learning why things played out the way they did. That way when the finale comes around, the MC can either choose to forgive them and help them rekindle their relationship, or admit he really did care about both and try for something more.

By making the MC the driving force behind the reconciliation on the friendship route, we might at least get a little buy-in from the people who don't want anything more to do with the pair. And by eliminating the rejection path we can avoid upstaging the MC's in his own story. It's still not perfect, but it would have dodged some of the most glaring pitfalls.

But hindsight is always 20/20, and we're stuck with what we got. I think Maya's hatred will probably mellow out a bit if she ever sorts out her problems and finally gets to take a supporting role for a while, but there will always be people bitter about the way she was handled. I'm okay with that. It means less competition for me. :D
dude... breath! i write walltext but when you get fired up! damm!

just do like i did and sorry girls i can not handle this shit i just wanna be friends!

and then get triggered when they blame you for not trying! both of them accuse you of that!

If I can requote myself, I said more "plausible", not "impossible". Hell, one could even make an argument B&R is inspired from the colleges from those in the old college comedies. The college in the granddaddy of them all, Animal House, was based on Dartmouth College, in New Hampshire. So, maybe the argument for Connecticut isn't so tight.

I've lurked for a while. I wouldn't dare take on dalli_x, but I always love a good challenge, even if it means my brain in a puddle. o_O
dalli_x is on a league of his own!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and you might be correct! i just assumed Connecticut because its closer to new york!
furthermore the preps house gives an impression that they are in a very wealth gap prone state!
and caytlin had that jab about being 3-5 hours drive from NY her hometown!

also Darthmouth is not in driving distance of the sea as we see jill do with the MC!
Its also inside a town, and here i can be very wrong but it gives the impression that the college is outside of town around 10-15 minutes drive!

But as stated New hampshire could also easily work! but does Lebano (the city that houses darthmouth) as a busy city center with skyscrapers like we see when tommy and the MC go out on the town?

Because neither as claremont for that you would need to drive to Boston the nearest city with a skyline (or is it Montreal in Canada?)!

Although in your argument defense they have the north hamptons a well known rich people summer destination!

both arguments location wise are valid!

the MC dick, i know you said besides but you can not go over it!

Maya rubbed Quinn the wrong way on their 1st meeting we got hints off that the way Maya behaves as she talks and hypes herself walking the MC around i can only imagine that got Quinn gears grinding! So she decided to teach her a lesson in humility and sluttyness!

then after the cumpetition Maya has refused to participate in(and i agree its her own brother), she goes straight for the MC and that makes Q realize she fucked up when she enticed the MC on Maya, its not the sexual part that Q can easily out compete Maya but the emotions of the vulnerable Damsel and her white knight! check all her cluck interactions she is always deriding the MC by being a simp a whiteknight a sjw a snowflake!

Q let Maya under her skin and that made her do a mistake that may cost her the MC dick! its not Maya she can not forgive its her own stupidity!

we all know Quinn would always participate in the cumpeTITTIESeon and pick the MC and she would grind on him while staring down Maya, that was her plan, Maya refusing got her anger even higher! when after grinding on the MC and allowing him to "enter her" the MC still stands up to Quinn to defend Maya!

her b plan is also screwed if all else failed making her make out with an asshole like Tommy or a big dude like Jacob while Q toyed around with the MC to try and break the MC image of Maya the innocent virgin failed by the Jocks intervention! (just like the dildo game ep.4 when she finally did it)!

perhaps her revenge/blackmail of the jokes is because of that? (do remember Jacobs picture with Arieth happens in the same space where the MC is supposed to be fucking Sarah, or in my case did fuck Sarah)!

Q is a complex character but hell we know where she is coming from and that she wants the MC (and not just the MC dick, and this is the important part), that is why that "i see you" when she discovers that Sage is also competition sends shills down my spine!

the same rule can be applied to Lilly when the MC and Josy kiss, Lilly goes all out blabbering about passion showing everyone that that is what she wants!
her mother is not Q who as a sadistic trait? besides her "man" is Derek and its not like Sarah wants to fuck Derek much less lock him down!

if Ashley man was the MC i bet Sarah would be making Ashley life miserable, probably to not such an extreme point, Q is on a league of her own but still pretty sure it would be something disgusting in a sort of revenge that only girls seem to understand or have!

Reactions: shazba and ename144
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes