Alfagrem

Aug 23, 2017
The problem I had with the library rejection scene was that I'm being rejected for being an all-fighting and all-fucking guy.

It's a fine and understandable position from the girls but then I'm still scheduling time with them on a regular basis - What's in it for my certified DIK character?

I've already done the business with Josy. Maya's probably going to take too much effort from that point on (As well as upset my maggot brother) and there's easier girls to be chasing with the time I have.

van321

Jan 7, 2021
and you might be correct! i just assumed Connecticut because its closer to new york!
furthermore the preps house gives an impression that they are in a very wealth gap prone state!
and caytlin had that jab about being 3-5 hours drive from NY her hometown!

also Darthmouth is not in driving distance of the sea as we see jill do with the MC!
Its also inside a town, and here i can be very wrong but it gives the impression that the college is outside of town around 10-15 minutes drive!

But as stated New hampshire could also easily work! but does Lebano (the city that houses darthmouth) as a busy city center with skyscrapers like we see when tommy and the MC go out on the town?

Because neither as claremont for that you would need to drive to Boston the nearest city with a skyline (or is it Montreal in Canada?)!

Although in your argument defense they have the north hamptons a well known rich people summer destination!

both arguments location wise are valid!
I mentioned Dartmouth more because DPC is crafting his world off of the college comedy genre as opposed to any particular example university. That being said, B&R being anywhere outside the northeast would mean sports would play a far greater role in social life than Greek life. In terms of fitting the off-campus environments we have seen: cityscape, nightlife, coastal, some suburbs, northeastern temperate climate. My head canon places a few good candidates of location. I wouldn't worry about the question of whether a place is or is not too conservative; even individuals who vote progressive in New England can tend to have more socially conservative mannerisms compared to, say, California, and the outright conservatives that do exist are outspoken.

New Haven, CT (home of Yale University)
Providence, RI (home of Brown University)
Cambridge, MA (home of Harvard University and MIT; adjacent to Boston)
Long Island (Hofstra University is just outside of NYC, the Burkes act like stereotypical Long Islanders)

Reactions: Warscared

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
No, I think Quinn definitely hates Maya. No doubt some of it comes down to jealousy over Maya's (perceived) relationship with the MC, but I think the seed is much simpler than that: Quinn thinks Maya looks down on her.

Remember, in Episode 1 Maya said she thought the HOTs were a bunch of sluts. I'm sure she was more diplomatic when she first talked to Quinn, but no doubt some of that disdain was apparent. Maya's feminist views are pretty well known, and Sarah says she thinks Maya is a hypocrite for joining the HOTs for money.

So I think Quinn saw a chance to humiliate someone who styled herself Quinn's better. Being an asshole with her own deep-seated insecurities, Quinn grabbed the opportunity with both hands. Once it became clear that Maya was also a potential rival for the MC's affections, that just made it personal.

That's why I think it makes sense that Quinn will never accept the MC's help if he's on Maya's path: she simply cannot stand the thought of being second fiddle to someone like Maya.
I agree 99%. Personally I don't subscribe to the jealousy angle with Maya because imo Quinn only starts developing something approaching actual feelings for the MC in ep 7. Quinn's only show of jealousy to date is if you bang Sage in front of her at the party, and it's a very subtle and subdued reaction, revealing how she would deal with things that actually hurt her feelings (timidly). The times Quinn brings up the MC's friendship/relationship with Maya, it's always to dig at Maya herself and to force a wedge between you to hurt her. This is because, as you say, Quinn doesn't like her for looking down at the HOTs and generally not fitting into the clique that Quinn's trying to build with her shady dealings.

tl;dr Quinn definitely hates Maya, I doubt any of it (at least so far) is based upon actual jealousy, rather Quinn just wants to grind Maya up for her morals and the fact that Maya would probably rat on her operations if she found out the extent of them

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
Does anyone else dont trust Nick? Hes suspicious af. I mean we know for sure that there is a traitor among the DIK´s. The picture from Cathy on the laptop was posted from a DIK since only they hat access. Also the video from Jade only the DIKs know about found its way to her husband.
Now why i think Nick is the culprit:
He was acting very strange when the picture was posted in the Library. And his room was the only room in the mansion that wasnt touched.
I know its not much to go on but outside of Tommy (who loves the DIKs so he isnt the traitor for sure) he is the only DIK who is actiong very strange.
And thats why im asking if its only me or if yes do you guys have another theory?
I had my suspicions for him too honestly, what with the laptop being found in the library and him being found in the library and all. Also because his room was the only one that wasn't touched, I'm thinking he played a part in the destruction of the mansion, like giving them alphas secret entrances and methods so that they wouldn't be found out.

Reactions: BabayMonsta

obibobi

May 10, 2017
instead no, there's no sign of change in her, Mc in the end is just a diversion in her predetermined path to damnation, at this point it becomes really difficult to believe in her possible redemption.
Will she be redeemed, can't say but I definitely don't agree with the idea of no change. Quinn has done some horrible things but the story has made it clear that she is not happy with the path she is on.

Although given the nature of her character, a main character but not a main love interest, there is a good chance her redemption will be at the last minute.

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
I'll give you my two cents on Quinn, which I still have a half hour...

her scenes are all interesting and she's a more square character than almost all the LIs who seem to be always dominated by hormone and instinct.

but she actually has a problem, which makes her difficult to appreciate.

all the female characters tend to behave exactly the same way regardless of the relationship they have with MC when they interact with other characters: Josy will always be Jill's friend, Sage will always refuse to help Maya and then try to do it later etc..

this is of course true for Quinn too, but for her it becomes a big problem, because while with MC she shows an emotional side in all the other scenes she keeps on being an undaunted bitch, which becomes hard to explain

in the last chapter Quinn emphasized her nature as the villain of the story, but it's stupid for her to keep on giving Maya a hard time, knowing that she's still a friend of MC, it's obvious that sooner or later she'll end up clashing with him, in the same way refusing to find a meeting point with Tommy means complicating the relationship between DIKs and HOTs and a Quinn who cares about MC, and who above all doesn't gain anything from this tension would have every reason to recompose the fracture.

instead no, there's no sign of change in her, Mc in the end is just a diversion in her predetermined path to damnation, at this point it becomes really difficult to believe in her possible redemption.
It was hard for me to like her anymore after seeing how badly she treated Maya, Josy and the other HOTs as just business products. She planted a fake rumour about free tuition, never owned up to it, and blackmailed Mona without trying to understand their situation. Sure, you can sympathize with her because she had her money stolen, but other than that I her quite unlikable. Doing things behind Sage's back and skipping out on the Hell Week party without telling Tommy just didn't sit well with me man. Just my two cents.

circloflyf

Jan 14, 2021
I liked movie night with Maya, and that's past Episode 4 right? Anyway, I feel like CHIK playthrough is meant to pay off all in the end, I know Bella has more great lewd scenes than Jill but I think both of them are about the buildup and actual relationship, which is the point of the CHIK path, and then you get the reward at the end, which is a culmination of all the buildup throughout the game.

DIK path seems more like the instant gratification, fuck everything that moves(except Aerith) path.

Also, will someone tell me I'm not the only one who's a fucking sucker for bad girl redemption arcs. I hope Quinn ends up a major love interest, all the little nudges closer and closer to real affection with her is very sweet and sexy at the same time. Her curling up on the MC after getting high or saying its ok if he's the one who steals her rum at the party, christ my balls are like concrete.

Come on guys, alot of Quinn hate lately but I can't be the only one who loves her.
My dude...I will literally make every choice possible to pursue Quinn. If she were driving a shitty unmarked van handing out beer I'd totally get in the van.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Will she be redeemed, can't say but I definitely don't agree with the idea of no change. Quinn has done some horrible things but the story has made it clear that she is not happy with the path she is on.

Although given the nature of her character, a main character but not a main love interest, there is a good chance her redemption will be at the last minute.
if there was this idea, don't you think there would already have been some change in his behaviour?

In my opinion if there had been this intention after the sixth chapter (which should mark the difference in the relationship between MC and Quinn) we should have already seen some small difference, at least in the dialogues and instead nothing.

she searches for Maya's video to control/ blackmail her, she goes to Maya only to insult her, despite Tommy goes to her with good intentions she does everything to make him leave

Reactions: isotope

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
DIK path seems more like the instant gratification, fuck everything that moves(except Aerith) path.
Would love the option to be DIK as a character overall but CHICK with main girls, meaning to focus on relationships instead of fucking everything that moves (except Aerith)

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
Would love the option to be DIK as a character overall but CHICK with main girls, meaning to focus on relationships instead of fucking everything that moves (except Aerith)
I'm trying this with Sage but Nicole and Camila are really tempting ahaha

circloflyf

Jan 14, 2021
It was hard for me to like her anymore after seeing how badly she treated Maya, Josy and the other HOTs as just business products. She planted a fake rumour about free tuition, never owned up to it, and blackmailed Mona without trying to understand their situation. Sure, you can sympathize with her because she had her money stolen, but other than that I her quite unlikable. Doing things behind Sage's back and skipping out on the Hell Week party without telling Tommy just didn't sit well with me man. Just my two cents.
I absolutely get that perspective. And if you're into characters like Maya and Josy, or if you're into the DIKs as a frat, she's a piece of shit. But, I think all of that is a facade. She's putting on the tough girl show for everyone to keep them at arms length and away from her delicate and damaged reality, which she is struggling more and more to hide from the MC. The MC is her gateway to, for lack of a better word, salvation. Just how I see it.

circloflyf

Jan 14, 2021
at that moment the relationship between MC and Bella was really little more than a fling. It is only at the end of her evening at MC's that Bella begins to glimpse that it is not just a matter of carnal needs.

And precisely because of the doubts that Bella rightly has, she should give way to Jill, because in this way, out of understandable but pure selfishness, she's hindering her best friend's happiness, and at the same time she's keeping MC in the mix without really knowing what she wants to do with him.

And all this at a time when Jill is giving, in her own way, proof of how much she cares for MC while simultaneously being unable to strengthen their relationship.

Bella in this situation would really be the worst friend imaginable. that's why I consider it a "hole" in the plot that I'm staying away from and I think the worst possible ending will be the one where Jill discovers the affair between the two of them
Well, I fully expect Jill discovers the whole thing when she finds the MC's body in that locked room, where I still say Bella's husband is. Now, what Bella does at that point, I don't know.

• Haha
Reactions: SSJGOD

circloflyf

Jan 14, 2021
Does anyone else dont trust Nick? Hes suspicious af. I mean we know for sure that there is a traitor among the DIK´s. The picture from Cathy on the laptop was posted from a DIK since only they hat access. Also the video from Jade only the DIKs know about found its way to her husband.
Now why i think Nick is the culprit:
He was acting very strange when the picture was posted in the Library. And his room was the only room in the mansion that wasnt touched.
I know its not much to go on but outside of Tommy (who loves the DIKs so he isnt the traitor for sure) he is the only DIK who is actiong very strange.
And thats why im asking if its only me or if yes do you guys have another theory?
Could be Nick. And your logic here is sound.

Alternatively, these two things are swimming around in my head as well.

There's a part of me that also doesn't trust Rusty. I have this nagging curiosity if he is trying to get back in his father's good graces and has agreed to destroy the DIK's frat.

I also get why you trust Tommy. But Tommy is a drug addict who could be getting manipulated by Heather. Not entirely sure what the angle here would be, but what happened to the DIK's house, along with pointing the finger everywhere but at himself is a very drug addict thing to do.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
if there was this idea, don't you think there would already have been some change in his behaviour?

In my opinion if there had been this intention after the sixth chapter (which should mark the difference in the relationship between MC and Quinn) we should have already seen some small difference, at least in the dialogues and instead nothing.

she searches for Maya's video to control/ blackmail her, she goes to Maya only to insult her, despite Tommy goes to her with good intentions she does everything to make him leave
Yes, regretting your actions, it's one of the basics.

Why does Sage still have problems with Chad, Jill with her status, Bella with her marriage and so on. It's the middle of the story and Quinn still has the role of a villain. You're asking for the end of an arc in the middle of the story.

Reactions: Ostap Bender
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes