Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I also dont like how some scenes are kinda forced, for example with Sage at HOT's party
I noticed something when looking at replays, during Sage scene:
Quinn catches you and replies to Riona saying "For real?"
But during scene replay she says "Cool..."
So i guess shes a little disappointed lol
I swear DPC will drive me mad
The response that Quinn makes depends on a variable set in Episode 6. If the MC went with her after she got mugged and then had sex with her, you get the response, "For real?"; if you did not, you get the response "Cool...".

It looks like on your regular playthrough of that scene, you had fulfilled the requirement for "For real?", but in your replay you may have tried it from a route where you had not had sex with Quinn in Episode 6.

It's a simple construct:
Code:
if ep6_quinn_lewd:
    scene ep7_sage_lewd18 with dissolve
    qu "For real?"
else:
    scene ep7_sage_lewd17 with dissolve
    qu "Cool..."

Reactions: Bruno3

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
How to change the variables for when you are in Jill's room and she tells you to stay with her and take her virginity? :unsure:
Just click on "cheat" in the bottom right corner. Click on the "variables" tab. Click on "Jill."
I'm not really sure which episode, or what you would need to do for that, but I'm sure you would need all positive scenes turned on. But, I don't recall the MC getting to have sex with her yet, cause I think she told him she wasn't ready.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Something people keep forgetting with that Quinn library scene: Quinn didn't reject the mc because he was a CHICK, this whole scene comes down to the mc's actions.

Regardless of everything, the mc can try to help. He says to Quinn, "Come with me, let me have a closer look at it." She responds the same way no matter what, "I don't need your help."

If the mc isn't a DIK, or he's in a relationship with M&J, he says nothing more and he lets Quinn walk.

If the mc isn't in a relationship with M&J and he's a DIK, he responds with, "Yeah, I get it. You're strong and independent. Bravo! Do this for me. The mansion's right there and we don't even have to enter from the front."

Quinn doesn't reject a CHICK (or non-DIK) mc. A non-DIK mc doesn't push it with Quinn to force her to accept his help. So it has less to do with Quinn's perception and more to do with the mc's balls. If he's a ballsy motherfucker, he'll tell Quinn, "Whatever bitch, just get you ass inside." whereas a wimpy bitch mc will just put his tail between his legs and slink off.
My initial thoughts actually were that CHICK wouldn't get through her barriers but then I got distracted by Jill's route where CHICK has to still fight for her instead of just waiting and forgot what I wanted to say
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Compressed versions crash on minigames.
It's been mentioned to the compressors a few times, but they rarely seem inclined to fix it. There's a work-around:
Being a DIK compressed version math101 bug-fix
Can someone tell me the name of the song that's playing (Ep6 Quinn scene)
I searched the lyrics but could not find the song (I made the journey through the darkness i found some light along the way )

• Red Heart
Reactions: JamieSadistic

Trysexual

Apr 13, 2021
Are you sure you aren't projecting? We don't actually know much about Quinn's family life for certain, and even what we speculate is open to a lot of interpretation.

It seems like Quinn's father was a drug dealer/user, and (for whatever reason) is not around anymore. Her mother was a junkie and no longer even recognizes Quinn. That's definitely a lousy childhood, but it doesn't mean Quinn grew up utterly without guidance or affection. Rox DID seem to be looking after her, and definitely responded poorly to people treating Quinn badly. Even in the present day, Buddy actually asks Quinn about her problems, only for her to shut down the inquiry. She does so again when Buddy asks why she is breaking her unspoken taboo and selling coke.

Now I want to be clear here: I am *not* saying Quinn had a loving family and her problems are entirely of her own making. I'm just asking how much we can really tell about Quinn's upbringing because, IMHO, it's rather ambiguous. The modern-day scene with Buddy reads very differently if you assume Buddy is genuinely worried about his surrogate niece (only for her to slap his help away) than it does if you assume Quinn knows she's in a pit of vipers and he's just looking for a weakness to exploit. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell which interpretation is nearer the mark because we only see Buddy interact with Quinn, and she treats Buddy the same way she treats absolutely everyone else in the game.

That said, the reason I'm reluctant to give Quinn the benefit of the doubt is precisely because her behavior is so consistent. The truth is that we have actually seen people offer Quinn genuine support on other occasions, and Quinn is never confused or vulnerable in the face of those acts of kindness. Sage in particular has clearly shown Quinn more support and trust than she actually deserves, because Quinn *blatantly* abuses that trust at every turn. We also saw Riona offer Quinn advice with no agenda beyond being in the same boat as Quinn, only for Quinn to literally slap her. And of course Quinn will even reject the MC when he offers to help her after the mugging... unless he meets her specific requirements.

So I ask again, are you sure Quinn's upbringing was really devoid of virtue? Are you certain that Quinn's role models had absolutely no good aspects to emulate, rather than Quinn choosing to embrace only their worst aspects? I often say that I don't hate Quinn, but I'll be the first to admit I dislike her [personally, not as a character] and that dislike may color my interpretation of her. But if we want to be as objective as possible, do we really have enough information to compare Quinn's childhood to other characters?

After all, with the exception of Bella (who has a whole separate trauma) all the LI's had issues with their family growing up. Sure, at first glance, it seems like Quinn growing up in a literal drug den must have had it far worse than Jill's affluenza or Maya's closeted homosexuality. But is that really the case? Whatever happened to Lana killed her; just how much blame (if any) do her parents bear for that? Maya's dad is actively working to ruin her life (with no apparent opposition from her mom), and her brother's support is at best limited; how do we gauge how much better that is than Quinn's absent parents and relationship with Buddy?

I honestly don't know. If we ever get a fuller picture of Quinn's youth and it really was as bad as you suggest, I'm prepared to accept I will owe her an apology. But that full picture may never happen, and in the meantime I'm not going to exempt Quinn from even the most basic expectations of human decency. If she really did have that decency beaten out of her, that would be something truly tragic. But it wouldn't make the way Quinn acts okay; it just means it would be the fault of those who raised her, not Quinn herself.

People would still need to be protected from what Quinn has become. The difference is that now Quinn would be the first on that list. (That's how I see it, at least. YMMV.)
Projecting is a poor choice of words. That would imply taking something about oneself and applying it to, in this particular instance, Quinn. That is not what is occurring here.

How much development should a side character have before game players are willing to accept the character is who the MC is telling you she is. Remember, this is the story he is telling. That means everything we know about Quinn is limited to what he knows about Quinn. The rest is speculation.

A few facts we do have include Rox having the same tattoo Quinn wears as makeup when she visits him, something she herself claims to do in tribute to her father. Therefore, it is entirely possible, if not probable, Rox is either Quinn's father or uncle or otherwise related. We know his line of work. We know enough about the relationship between Quinn and Rox to know it is not a healthy one. We know the only time she leaves the college campus is to procure drugs from Rox. We think mattress girl is Quinn's mother. It might follow that Buddy is Quinn's brother if Rox is her father and mattress girl is her mother.

Yes, it is mostly open to interpretation and that was my original point. The game gives players just enough information to allow them to take the story in any direction they choose. The primary difference here is I am making no effort to tell Quinn's story for her beyond what the MC's story has already given us. What has been given to us is that Quinn trusts no one. She gives everyone the side eye. She is suspicious of everyone. Maybe it's due to her life circumstances. Maybe it's due to drugs.

There's no effort being made here to defend certain actions. The only effort being made here on my part is to question how much work has to go into a character before game players stop reducing characters to things like "drug dealing scum" as one individual so eloquently phrased it. Being judgmental of fictional characters in a visual novel seems a bridge further than one should be willing to go. It's a game. It's not reality. Quinn could turn out to be everything the players who dislike her character think she is but events in the most recent episode say otherwise. They say Quinn is going to rise above her life circumstances and become something more than the basket into which she is being placed. The MC has the same story in some ways. He is also trying to rise above his lot in life. They like each other because they have things in common. They are both trying to fit into a world where they feel out of place. The MC is just better at it. The MC is socially awkward. Quinn is socially inept.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
How do you unlock "Find Sarah" in episode 2? I never got any offer.
Check the walkthrough, things like this are covered. It’s available on the first post.

you have to of paid for sex via Quinn with Camilla and Riona before he party and then call Quinn and ask for more.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Coriolan you may have made that as a joke but you may be more "correct" in such a guess than you may think.
man you seriously dont like jill, first you want her raped by tybal and now Chad? he cant even get it hard so and he is probably getting fucked by someone (he is probably most likely gay), he even cryes like a girl when the mc beats him.

So my suspicions on Chad were right, now I can say "I did tell you guys" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Bruno3

Plebrock

Mar 25, 2021
Even when I try to click on Maya during the night before, it just goes straight to ending the freeroam. I can't talk to her and have her mention her brother is her twin.
EDIT: I figured out my problem. I had a mod that asks to skip free roam and it was auto skipping that major part. Just had to delete the part of the mod that messed with it. It really confused me when I randomly got the guitar again.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
There's no effort being made here to defend certain actions. The only effort being made here on my part is to question how much work has to go into a character before game players stop reducing characters to things like "drug dealing scum" as one individual so eloquently phrased it. Being judgmental of fictional characters in a visual novel seems a bridge further than one should be willing to go. It's a game. It's not reality. Quinn could turn out to be everything the players who dislike her character think she is but events in the most recent episode say otherwise. They say Quinn is going to rise above her life circumstances and become something more than the basket into which she is being placed. The MC has the same story in some ways. He is also trying to rise above his lot in life. They like each other because they have things in common. They are both trying to fit into a world where they feel out of place. The MC is just better at it. The MC is socially awkward. Quinn is socially inept.
But my main objection to Quinn isn't that she sells drugs (or runs a prostitution ring), it's that Quinn enjoys making others suffer. I dislike that trait intensely, and I see very little sign it's going to change anytime soon - if indeed it will ever change. Nothing we've seen in the last two episodes shows Quinn struggling with this trait; if anything her scenes with Maya show her reveling in it.

Furthermore, unlike the flaws of other characters (such as Jill's naivety-bordering-on-stupidity or Maya's passivity), I see no direct connection between Quinn's upbringing and her sadism. Rox is dangerously unstable and Quinn's presumed mother is a burned out wreck, but neither is seen tormenting other people for the lulz. Similarly, Buddy does not show any glee at Quinn's misfortune and even seems interested in what might be going wrong for her (though I admit it's possible his motivation was not her wellbeing).

So where did Quinn's mean streak come from? It's certainly plausible it could have sprung from some aspect of her backstory, but nothing we've seen onscreen actually shows the link. For now it's just informed speculation.

And hence my question: is it really fair to blame Quinn's flaws on a bad childhood when a) it's difficult to be certain exactly how bad Quinn's childhood was in comparison to other characters' and b) it's unclear exactly how much her childhood had to do with shaping the worst aspects of Quinn's personality?

always86

Mar 19, 2020
You realize the walkthrough was the first thing I went to right? I never got offered by Quinn and the entire section is gone.
I mean, I don’t know how broken the version of the game You have is, but Quinn offers MC her services the Morning after the scene with her and Camilla where she strips you and kicks you out. From there you have to call her in free roam events and pay for Camilla and Riona and that then unlocks Sarah I think.

BA64BFC2-7E6B-4D6D-8203-66BECA49F5AB.jpeg BD738D46-22B2-4A8F-A173-FF2A468AAB40.jpeg FC5B2ED0-3554-41CA-9F44-51339F27803B.jpeg

Reactions: Hermith

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But my main objection to Quinn isn't that she sells drugs (or runs a prostitution ring), it's that Quinn enjoys making others suffer. I dislike that trait intensely, and I see very little sign it's going to change anytime soon - if indeed it will ever change. Nothing we've seen in the last two episodes shows Quinn struggling with this trait; if anything her scenes with Maya show her reveling in it.

Furthermore, unlike the flaws of other characters (such as Jill's naivety-bordering-on-stupidity or Maya's passivity), I see no direct connection between Quinn's upbringing and her sadism. Rox is dangerously unstable and Quinn's presumed mother is a burned out wreck, but neither is seen tormenting other people for the lulz. Similarly, Buddy does not show any glee at Quinn's misfortune and even seems interested in what might be going wrong for her (though I admit it's possible his motivation was not her wellbeing).

So where did Quinn's mean streak come from? It's certainly plausible it could have sprung from some aspect of her backstory, but nothing we've seen onscreen actually shows the link. For now it's just informed speculation.

And hence my question: is it really fair to blame Quinn's flaws on a bad childhood when a) it's difficult to be certain exactly how bad Quinn's childhood was in comparison to other characters' and b) it's unclear exactly how much her childhood had to do with shaping the worst aspects of Quinn's personality?
Given the desire to keep Quinn in a "neutral" sphere (bad but not too bad), I would say that in the story her behaviour is definitely the fault of her past and of the situation in which her past has put her even in the present.

I still think that we don't know what all this money is for, so Quinn keeps on taking more and more risks. certainly not to pay for Riona's joints...

Reactions: goldenrule91

Trysexual

Apr 13, 2021
Which brings us back to my original point that it is on the game player to decide for her or himself what is fair or unfair judgment of each character. If this were real life and Quinn were causing actual real world harm to real people it would be easy to say she's just a sadist and hope instant karma gets her. Because it's a game, the more idiosyncrasies Quinn (and every other character) has, the more interesting the story. Jill's story thus far is the equivalent of watching paint dry. From a game player's perspective I want flawed characters. They make for better story telling. If Quinn goes into a drug-induced rage and shoots up the campus, taking out one of the main love interests in the process, that's good story telling. Sufficed to say it is not a good reality.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
There's this scene in episode 2 when Mc is really drunk and stays the night at Isabella's house. He see's a guy dressed like a marine standing in the room who he assumes is an intruder, is he hallucinating or did he really see a guy?
MC is really drunk but most striking is the layout of that room.... you enter and that bench like space next to a window is right side of the room, the door to that room is the most left so basicly that window is halfway in the bathroom.... :/

Reactions: SSJGOD

Plebrock

Mar 25, 2021
I mean, I don’t know how broken the version of the game You have is, but Quinn offers MC her services the Morning after the scene with her and Camilla where she strips you and kicks you out. From there you have to call her in free roam events and pay for Camilla and Riona and that then unlocks Sarah I think.
I added a comment later, it was a mod that skipped a section of the game. It was pretty big too, I would be missing 3 numbers and a mark on the meter.

Nov 23, 2020
No, we don't know but we can surmise that someone invited to the Prep House party with red hair might be related to someone who lives in the Prep House with red hair and she might be female since he specified that much himself. So many characters meet that description we may never solve this riddle.
red hair at the end we know there are both sage and ashley .. sage tells us that her father is under but, ashley cries for something holed up on the second floor .. maybe it's not just for derek ...

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Projecting is a poor choice of words. That would imply taking something about oneself and applying it to, in this particular instance, Quinn. That is not what is occurring here.

How much development should a side character have before game players are willing to accept the character is who the MC is telling you she is. Remember, this is the story he is telling. That means everything we know about Quinn is limited to what he knows about Quinn. The rest is speculation.

A few facts we do have include Rox having the same tattoo Quinn wears as makeup when she visits him, something she herself claims to do in tribute to her father. Therefore, it is entirely possible, if not probable, Rox is either Quinn's father or uncle or otherwise related. We know his line of work. We know enough about the relationship between Quinn and Rox to know it is not a healthy one. We know the only time she leaves the college campus is to procure drugs from Rox. We think mattress girl is Quinn's mother. It might follow that Buddy is Quinn's brother if Rox is her father and mattress girl is her mother.

Yes, it is mostly open to interpretation and that was my original point. The game gives players just enough information to allow them to take the story in any direction they choose. The primary difference here is I am making no effort to tell Quinn's story for her beyond what the MC's story has already given us. What has been given to us is that Quinn trusts no one. She gives everyone the side eye. She is suspicious of everyone. Maybe it's due to her life circumstances. Maybe it's due to drugs.

Honestly,

WTF are you talking about?

MC tells Maya that Quinn is EVIL, she's going to hurt her and she should avoid her at any cost.

MC is in love with Josy and Maya since the very beginning. Any other girl is just a filler (even Sage and Jill).

Man, these Quinn fanboys are so embarassing...

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes