AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Well, the ex-gf in AL was an antagonist
I not even consider Quinn as an antagonist since her story does goes on rails from point A to B."The antagonist, in narratology, and in general in any historical, mythical or fictional event, is the character or group of characters, and sometimes even an institution, who intervenes in a story, and who represents the opposition to a protagonist"

n0cn1l

Incest it's all relative
Donor
Dec 25, 2017
Well, the ex-gf in AL was an antagonist and there were happy endings with her, so never say never. And there are enough bread crumbs in BADIK to do the same again. But I don't expect a fully developed LI path.
I guess we're having a miscommunication here, I never said anything about her getting an ending I said she's not a LI. DPC previous work proves that secondary characther can get one.
I will be disappointed if characters like Lilly, Cammila and Envy don't get an ending. I really want to be the stepdad of envy's son:devilish:

Nattrack

Jul 2, 2021
That's gotta be the most convincing argument in this thread! :ROFLMAO:

Ok... You've somehow convinced yourself that Jill's sister has to be related to the mc and now everything else needs to support that.

Why does Lana need to be related to the mc? With your logic, why has any character been introduced into the game if they aren't related to the mc?

Jill is involved with the mc. Jill's sister further fleshes out Jill's character (her experience growing up, her rebellious sister, her sister's death, her strict parents, the expectations that Jill feels are forced on her). It's got fuck all to do with the mc other than the mc likes Jill.

You incorrectly linked Jill's sister with the mc's mom and now you can't let it go. Why didn't you link any other character with the mc's mom? There's no evidence of anyone being linked to the mc's mom other than the mc's dad and the mc (and the mc's parents).

James, Bella's (ex)husband: Why is the author talking to us about him if he's not related to the mc? He must be related to Lynette somehow? Why? No good reason at all. James expands Bella's character just as Lana expands Jill's character.

Lana's association with Lynette is just a crazy leap a lot of people made against all the evidence and now you seem to think it's the only reason Lana exists in the story. You're wrong.

Can you explain to me, with actual logic (and evidence if you can find it), why Lana has to be related to the mc but James does not? I mean think about it, realise they are examples of the same thing (backstories of characters the mc likes) and then realise characters' backstories don't have to tie in with the mc's family... :rolleyes:
Isabella being married and separated from her husband is relevant for the MC since, if the husband of Isabella were living with her, Isabella would not be sexually frustrated and the MC would not have a chance with her. The husband of Isabella, even absent, has already a role in the story related with the MC. And I assume that in the future, if the MC is into Isabella's path, there will be a confrontation with him.

It will turn out that James has a bigger connexon with the MC, when he appears in scene? Maybe James will be a gay ex-boyfriend of the MC, or something? There will be a love triangle with James, Isabella and the MC? I don't know. After the pile of highly unlikely coincidences that lead the MC to be involved into a love triangle with Maya and Josy, I can expect anything and everything from this soap-opera writer that is the author :LOL: But I don´t think it´s likely that something like that is going to happen.

Again, why the author would provide us with so many details and information about Jill´s sister, if that is not going to be at some point relevant for the story of Jill and the MC? Do you think that the author is just going to forget about Jill´s sister at some point? Jill has a death sister, and that's all? That would be really bad writing.

Nattrack

Jul 2, 2021
The scene with her sister Lana was necessary for Jill to remember her childhood when they met secretly on the balcony. And when the main character climbs up to her like her sister, she wakes up feelings and she masturbates on him( maybe she was in love with her sister?). There is no hidden meaning here. This is a simple artistic move.
So Jill remembers her dead sister, and gets horny... Dude, you have a really kinky mind :LOL:

Nattrack

Jul 2, 2021
First of all, the Game hasn't even completed yet and there are 13 more episodes to come, so how are you so sure that Lana's appearance in the story is of no value ? If MC is on Jill's path, it will affect him as well. The campaign Jill is trying to start is related to her sister.

Why did DPC show the past of Josy and Maya? So that we know that Derek fucked a girl? So that we know how Maya and Josy got in relationship? Well, DPC has gone mad, the story is about MC, showing this was wastage of time as it didn't affect MC :Kappa:

Why did DPC show how the DIK's started? To know the relations b/w characters at that time? To know Vinny's personality? To know how DIK's started? Well, DPC was just wasting our time, the story is about MC :Kappa:

And you say that Buddy or Rox's appearance was meaningful...:LOL: Why? It was shit and wastage of time, it didn't affect MC so it was useless. Because the story is.... :Kappa:

So knowing about Quinn's past gives her explanation of knowing Junkies, but knowing about Jill's past doesn't explain anything? The moment this Jonathan guy is Introduced, I wonder what will you say?

Edit:---------------------------------------------------------

And so Quinn's backstory is Important ! which is not at all affecting MC...And Lynnette's backstory is not Important, Which can actually affect MC...:KEK:

And Since Quinn will be a LI...So Jill is a Side character? Got it!

:ROFLMAO: So Chad's character development is great ?! But it is not affecting the MC....So once again, DPC wasted our time !

I think that first you should yourself make up your mind, whether the story is only about the MC and other things are useless...OR.... Other things have meaning as well, given that you say that Quinn and Chad things are not useless
Sorry mate, too much text. Not interested.

Skjall

Nov 4, 2017
I know that. I'm talking about the very first release of BaDIK (Ep. 1), and the next release (Ep. 1 & 2), and the third release (Ep. 1, 2, & 3).
Why on earth would you want that. It's just less of the same the lower the number.
Ep. 2 is 1+2, ep 3 is 1+2+3, etc. It is a continuous story with more of the plot unraveling with every episode and not separate stories.

It's a full-length movie you split watching from Monday to Thursday. Not a tv show where every episode is about something else and only MC is the same.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That's gotta be the most convincing argument in this thread! :ROFLMAO:

Ok... You've somehow convinced yourself that Jill's sister has to be related to the mc and now everything else needs to support that.

Why does Lana need to be related to the mc? With your logic, why has any character been introduced into the game if they aren't related to the mc?

Jill is involved with the mc. Jill's sister further fleshes out Jill's character (her experience growing up, her rebellious sister, her sister's death, her strict parents, the expectations that Jill feels are forced on her). It's got fuck all to do with the mc other than the mc likes Jill.

You incorrectly linked Jill's sister with the mc's mom and now you can't let it go. Why didn't you link any other character with the mc's mom? There's no evidence of anyone being linked to the mc's mom other than the mc's dad and the mc (and the mc's parents).

James, Bella's (ex)husband: Why is the author talking to us about him if he's not related to the mc? He must be related to Lynette somehow? Why? No good reason at all. James expands Bella's character just as Lana expands Jill's character.

Lana's association with Lynette is just a crazy leap a lot of people made against all the evidence and now you seem to think it's the only reason Lana exists in the story. You're wrong.

Can you explain to me, with actual logic (and evidence if you can find it), why Lana has to be related to the mc but James does not? I mean think about it, realise they are examples of the same thing (backstories of characters the mc likes) and then realise characters' backstories don't have to tie in with the mc's family... :rolleyes:
I agree with you, but explain to me the difference between that and the fact that Melanie might be Troy's sister.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Again, why the author would provide us with so many details and information about Jill´s sister, if that is not going to be at some point relevant for the story of Jill and the MC? Do you think that the author is just going to forget about Jill´s sister at some point? Jill has a death sister, and that's all? That would be really bad writing.
I think Jill's sister has already served a purpose:
  • Jill and the mc bond over the fact that both have lost a family member.
  • Jill has lived a very sheltered life due to having strict parents that became even more strict when their older child rebelled and tragically died.
  • Jill is inspired to campaign for something that seems related to her sister's trial (or death).
I don't think we've heard the last of Lana, but I don't think there will be any huge revelation (except perhaps just how she died).

I can see Jill starting to break Royce protocol due to the MC's influence and her family may start to intervene (I can imagine Tybalt playing that card when he realises he's losing Jill), and the story of Lana may serve as something to soften their control.

On one hand you complain that the story has unlikely coincidences, but on the other you don't believe aspects should be introduced into the story unless they have some profound meaning to the mc.

One thing I like about BaDIK that so many other games do not do, is the mc isn't the centre of the universe. He's peripheral to a lot of what is going on. Characters are being affected by things outside his sphere.

I imagine, in order for the game to be satisfying, the mc will be drawn into the more significant aspects (like Quinn's drug business and perhaps something that Burke is driving behind the scenes), but there's going to be other things that have been raised that may never be resolved. The mc may not manage to make Riona cum during sex. He may never even meet Josy's step-mom, Monica.

Going way back to the origin of this particular debate. I don't necessarily think that Jill's sister will be of no consequence to the story at all, my main point was that I don't see why everyone keeps expecting her to have something to do with Lynette.

I agree with you, but explain to me the difference between that and the fact that Melanie might be Troy's sister.
The Melanie/Troy theory is based on some (albeit vague) evidence:
  • She's aware of Chad's relationship even before Chad has broken up with Sage.
  • It's clear Melanie has an invested interest in Chad breaking up with Sage (Mel's discussion with Sarah when Sage and the mc are kissing on the lawn).
  • The way Melanie reacts during the actual breakup fight, she's very upset (for Sage) but it's obvious, (from the previous discussions with Sarah) that ultimately it's what she wants.
So why would she behave like this? There's heaps of possibilities, and being related to Chad or Troy is one of them. I pick Troy 'cause she looks more like a Troy sister than a Chad sister, but that's pretty arbitrary. Sure, she could have been a childhood friend, or an ex-girlfriend, but if Chad has managed to hide his homosexuality from Sage for the years they have been together, it's unlikely that too many people would know about it, family could be one exception (i.e. family of the side bitch).

Compare all that to: Jill has a dead sister called Lana, she must be related to the mc's dead mom called Lynette because... they're both rich... dead... bitches... There's fuck all reasoning there. That's the difference between the Lana/Lynette theory and the Troy/Melanie theory.

Still doesn't mean either of them are right or wrong, but one is founded in some form of reasoning, the other is just random.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The Melanie/Troy theory is based on some (albeit vague) evidence:
  • She's aware of Chad's relationship even before Chad has broken up with Sage.
  • It's clear Melanie has an invested interest in Chad breaking up with Sage (Mel's discussion with Sarah when Sage and the mc are kissing on the lawn).
  • The way Melanie reacts during the actual breakup fight, she's very upset (for Sage) but it's obvious, (from the previous discussions with Sarah) that ultimately it's what she wants.
So why would she behave like this? There's heaps of possibilities, and being related to Chad or Troy is one of them. I pick Troy 'cause she looks more like a Troy sister than a Chad sister, but that's pretty arbitrary. Sure, she could have been a childhood friend, or an ex-girlfriend, but if Chad has managed to hide his homosexuality from Sage for the years they have been together, it's unlikely that too many people would know about it, family could be one exception (i.e. family of the side bitch).

Compare all that to: Jill has a dead sister called Lana, she must be related to the mc's dead mom called Lynette because... they're both rich... dead... bitches... There's fuck all reasoning there. That's the difference between the Lana/Lynette theory and the Troy/Melanie theory.

Still doesn't mean either of them are right or wrong, but one is founded in some form of reasoning, the other is just random.
but she could be Troy's sister, because after all, Chad is the link between her and Troy.

if we exclude having seen Lana (but it is known that real evidence does not beat reasoning), the clues that she was MC's mother were much stronger, at least narratively.

About the relationships, it's not that there's a lot of reasoning to do, if they are relatives they are relatives, there doesn't have to be a rational reason.

What rational reason is there for Tommy and Josy to be half brothers? They are, and that's enough.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Why on earth would you want that. It's just less of the same the lower the number.
Ep. 2 is 1+2, ep 3 is 1+2+3, etc. It is a continuous story with more of the plot unraveling with every episode and not separate stories.

It's a full-length movie you split watching from Monday to Thursday. Not a tv show where every episode is about something else and only MC is the same.
Have you never watched Daredevil? Or The Punisher? Breaking Bad? The Walking Dead? The Umbrella Academy? The Boys?

There are plenty of T.V. shows with a continuous plot.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
but she could be Troy's sister, because after all, Chad is the link between her and Troy.

if we exclude having seen Lana (but it is known that real evidence does not beat reasoning), the clues that she was MC's mother were much stronger, at least narratively.

About the relationships, it's not that there's a lot of reasoning to do, if they are relatives they are relatives, there doesn't have to be a rational reason.

What rational reason is there for Tommy and Josy to be half brothers? They are, and that's enough.
I think she is Troy's sister, and through him she knows about Chad, and Chad is aware she shares his secret. All of her scenes are associated with Chad though, rather than Troy, otherwise it would have been a dead giveaway rather than a slightly less dead giveaway.

Regarding evidence or reasoning that Jill's sister is mc's mom (before we met Lana), there is no evidence. This link sums it up. There's evidence/reasoning refuting that belief, but two dead rich girls is not evidence that it's the same person.

Reactions: ename144

OFT

Jan 6, 2020

Like I said, I'm satisfying a curiosity. But mainly, I'm doing it because...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you're wondering, I'm comparing the slideshows in the main menu between the episodes of each season, and I want to see if the slideshows in the releases of Ep. 1, 2, and 3 match the slideshow in Ep. 4.

The slideshows in the individual episode releases (5, 6, & 7) of Season 2 are identical so far. But they're not all random creations simply for eye candy on the main menu. For example, when Episode 5 released, the slideshow included the following picture:

Cam & Rio on wall.png

If you saw that picture in the main menu and then played Ep. 5, you might think it was just created solely for the slideshow. It wasn't until Ep. 7 released that we learned it was an actual scene. Therefore, the slideshow can give us previews of future episodes of that season. In the Episode 4 release, this picture was part of the slideshow:

HOTs swimming.png

That was an actual scene in Ep. 3. If the same slideshow was used in all of Season 1, that means you would have gotten a preview of Ep. 3 as early as the very first episode release of BaDIK. That is, if all of Season 1 shared the same slideshow, which I have not confirmed because I don't have the releases of Ep. 1, 2, & 3.

Again, the slideshows of all of the Season 2 releases are the same so far. One of the pictures in the Season 2 slideshows that has not been part of a scene yet is this:

screenshot0102.png

It could be nothing, or it could be something. I guess we'll see in Episode 8. If it is a preview, I'm wondering what's going on. Maybe he's playing for tips to pay off the mansion repairs. Maybe he's serenading Tybalt. Maybe he's playing Jillybean's music box song to lure her out of the Prep's mansion. Who knows?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think she is Troy's sister, and through him she knows about Chad, and Chad is aware she shares his secret. All of her scenes are associated with Chad though, rather than Troy, otherwise it would have been a dead giveaway rather than a slightly less dead giveaway.

Regarding evidence or reasoning that Jill's sister is mc's mom (before we met Lana), there is no evidence. This link sums it up. There's evidence/reasoning refuting that belief, but two dead rich girls is not evidence that it's the same person.
I didn't say evidence, I said clues (same with Troy-Melanie).

In Jill's photo not even Lana looks like "herself" and we didn't even know she was her sister, we also thought she might be her mother.
You really think the tree proves anything? Well, if they're all related, I guess every rich person is allowed one tree.
The question of ages is all conjecture, we're not even sure how old Jill is (she may have skipped 1 year to mourn her sister's death, I think that's a reasonable doubt).

There is no evidence, either way.

that "Lana" was Lynette was a very forced theory (especially for Neil's role that would have hidden too much important details to his son) and mainly for the issue of Patreon's rules (but that has nothing to do with the story told)

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I didn't say evidence, I said clues (same with Troy-Melanie).

In Jill's photo not even Lana looks like "herself" and we didn't even know she was her sister, we also thought she might be her mother.
You really think the tree proves anything? Well, if they're all related, I guess every rich person is allowed one tree.
The question of ages is all conjecture, we're not even sure how old Jill is (she may have skipped 1 year to mourn her sister's death, I think that's a reasonable doubt).

There is no evidence, either way.

that "Lana" was Lynette was a very forced theory (especially for Neil's role that would have hidden too much important details to his son) and mainly for the issue of Patreon's rules (but that has nothing to do with the story told)
The thing with the tree was that Jill explain that she and her sister specifically read and wrote at their favourite tree. That's why that point is relevant.

With ages there'd be a 5 year disparity at least.

There was no grounds for the theory at all, just two dead women. It still blows my mind that people made such a leap and were adamant it was the case.

If anything, it was the Patreon rules that actually strengthened the argument since Jill was the only LI that nothing sexual had happened with (except for the dry humping). But anyway, thankfully that's all behind us. Lana and Lynette are not related.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes