SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
f they end up being totally fine after finding out the truth, then these BaDIK women are some of the most unique and amazing women I have ever encountered because that's rare.
Given how some Jill fans idolize her, that might not be an out of left field assessment.

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
There are other games here that try to give you more flexibility in the story, completely ignoring characters that you choose not to pursue. If you play the full game, enjoying all the women and potentially setting yourself up for a major upset later, they feel full and enjoyable, however once you start going down single character arcs the game dissipates into a lot less and ends up feeling hollow.

One game, Sisterly Lust (a moment of weakness, OK!) you can end up with the mc just getting up, eating, and then going back to bed, day after day.

There are some games that manage it well enough, Becoming a Rock Star being one of them (actually it is 100% advisable that you don't pursue all the girls in that game, it gets ugly!), but that game suffers other short comings.

At the end of the day, BaDIK is a story, and a decent, fun story at that. If the readers were able to influence the story too much, they could walk away thinking it's a shit story, but then if they don't get to influence the story and don't enjoy where it's headed (saving Maya, suffering Jill, making out with middle-aged women in the library when all you intended to do was drop by and say hello), you may still walk away thinking it's a shit story.

It's a total balancing act, but at the end of the day, this is not our story to control, it's the mc's, we're just nudging him occasionally (“blowjob or anal… :unsure:” - that kinda thing).
I actually didn't think of games that implemented the strict "one girl" run. Probably because a lot of them are very forgettable. I suppose it's always a give and take when it comes to character choice. I personally don't mind the removal of a choice to push plot. The only one I'm nervous about, in the context of Being a Dik, is the Maya and Josy choice, as of now you can only have both of them or non of them. There's hints that you can win Josy back, which could take a couple of updates. but as of now, that's the one that I'm skeptical of. I personally would really like a Josy only relationship.

Reactions: shazba

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
So I haven't played since 4.0 and the new download is just too big for mega so I did the split. I have no clue how to do it properly and I seem to be getting errors when I extract. I did the first part and tried to open it thinking it would maybe do all the parts...for some reason. Unfortunately, I get an error saying it can't find ep7 image when I try to open the game.

If I could get some help for how exactly to do this I would be grateful. I did try looking through the 7000+ pages for the answer...but lol nope.
Not really answering your question, but why don't you try torrent version instead?

Reactions: Ilhares

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I actually didn't think of games that implemented the strict "one girl" run. Probably because a lot of them are very forgettable. I suppose it's always a give and take when it comes to character choice. I personally don't mind the removal of a choice to push plot. The only one I'm nervous about, in the context of Being a Dik, is the Maya and Josy choice, as of now you can only have both of them or non of them. There's hints that you can win Josy back, which could take a couple of updates. but as of now, that's the one that I'm skeptical of. I personally would really like a Josy only relationship.
Looking at it from a human perspective, how mean would it really be to fuck Maya off (the girl who gave you a dorm when you were fucked) and just end up with Josy? :eek: Still totally doing it though. :sneaky:

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Looking at it from a human perspective, how mean would it really be to fuck Maya off (the girl who gave you a dorm when you were fucked) and just end up with Josy? :eek: Still totally doing it though. :sneaky:
Oh it would be stone cold for sure. But in real life I would never pursue a married woman, yet Bella is my favorite MG. Thanfully this isn't real life so I'm stealing Josy away. Josy is tied for second along with Sage.

In reality, Maya's kindness would likely draw me to her. That or maybe Jill.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Exactly. Had I known it would be all about Madame, I would have rejected the pass even on my massive DIK playthroughs. I thought we would have our pick of the litter from all the strippers for the VIP room, but nope, I got bamboozled.

-- Unrelated topic --

Just finished Bella "solo" route playthrough. The problem I have with the Bella route is that there is no way you can follow it without being a massive dick to Jill. DPC gives us no option to fully reject her while seducing Bella. Even if you are a pure of heart CHICK who tries to ignore all women but Bella you still have to date Jill and lead her on for a good portion of the game.

Finally, in 6 & 7 DPC begins giving opportunities to steer away from Jill but not before playing enough mind games that she will be disgusted with both MC and Bella when she finds out the truth. Essentially, you have to destroy a friendship and a heart (maybe two hearts) to date Bella. Add to this the ominous internal voice in the library and one has to wonder if DPC will allow any kind of happiness end to the Bella route. :unsure:
if you keep your distance on the first date you have in fact dumped Jill, she is aware that you will be 'just friends'.

As a matter of sincerity either Mc or Bella could talk to Jill about their relationship, but that's a venial sin.

by the way: it's a pity that the jealousy mechanism was only implemented in the seventh chapter, in theory it should have been triggered already when, eventually, Jill finds out that Bella hosted MC

But I honestly doubt it would take that long. Not every episode will be as big as episode 7 or 8. I think 16 episode will be it, even with 2 episode a year that's just 4 year.:ROFLMAO:.
I think it is very unlikely that future episodes will become "leaner", the further we go the more forks there will be to take into account, so either there will be a consistent reduction in play time per run, or the size of the single chapter is more likely to increase rather than decrease (without considering technical improvements).

the only chapter that might be more contained is the final chapter of epilogues, where there will be little to choose from, but only to cash in what we've earned

Last edited:

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
One of the things that is interesting in the story, is that, if you happen to be playing another path besides Sage, I feel kinda bad for refusing her hints: "we should hang out more", "there will be plenty of single girls at the party, including me". etc.

I think at this stage of the story with her path, we have not gotten to an actual "relationship" and, when and if that happens in the story, she would be as fiercely loyal to MC as others (example: Josy kicking Tommy for hitting MC).

All very interesting.

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
by the way: it's a pity that the jealousy mechanism was only implemented in the seventh chapter, in theory it should have been triggered already when, eventually, Jill finds out that Bella hosted MC
There is actually a render during your date with Jill in Episode 4 where MC will tell Jill that Bella "Is... great" after telling her about staying with Bella and she will sorta look down at the ground trying not to make anything of your comment. Similar to the render where play the guitar for Bella and Jill in Episode 5 and you tell Bella you remembered her favorite song and Jill reacts to it. So it might actually be a thing.

I might go look for the renders but I'm sure that's what happened because it's one of the reasons why I created a play-through while pursuing both of them on a Chick run.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There is actually a render during your date with Jill in Episode 4 where MC will tell Jill that Bella "Is... great" after telling her about staying with Bella and she will sorta look down at the ground trying not to make anything of your comment. Similar to the render where play the guitar for Bella and Jill in Episode 5 and you tell Bella you remembered her favorite song and Jill reacts to it. So it might actually be a thing.

I might go look for the renders but I'm sure that's what happened because it's one of the reasons why I created a play-through while pursuing both of them on a Chick run.
I was referring precisely to those situations, it's obvious that Jill suspects something, admittedly it's less substantial evidence than Josy and Sage recognising MC's cock... :ROFLMAO: but it's more temporally determined

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
if you keep your distance on the first date you have in fact dumped Jill, she is aware that you will be 'just friends'.

As a matter of sincerity either Mc or Bella could talk to Jill about their relationship, but that's a venial sin.

the only chapter that might be more contained is the final chapter of epilogues, where there will be little to choose from, but only to cash in what we've earned
Are we sure thats not already being implemented now with choices like go with Jill or go with Sage? Choosing Maya over Josy? Pretty sure its being tracked, building up to implode in the MC face when the time comes... as a role-playing player who likes drama, I hope its soon.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Are we sure thats not already being implemented now with choices like go with Jill or go with Sage? Choosing Maya over Josy? Pretty sure its being tracked, building up to implode in the MC face when the time comes... as a role-playing player who likes drama, I hope its soon.
certainly there will be some 'variable' that takes this into account, but the jealousy mechanism started with the presentation of Tybalt

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
At the end of the day, BaDIK is a story, and a decent, fun story at that. If the readers were able to influence the story too much, they could walk away thinking it's a shit story, but then if they don't get to influence the story and don't enjoy where it's headed (saving Maya, suffering Jill, making out with middle-aged women in the library when all you intended to do was drop by and say hello), you may still walk away thinking it's a shit story.

It's a total balancing act, but at the end of the day, this is not our story to control, it's the mc's, we're just nudging him occasionally (“blowjob or anal… :unsure:” - that kinda thing).
I think so far he's managed the balancing act well, though it's going to become more and more difficult to pull off as the story progresses. At root the two elements he's balancing are in tension with each other - an unchangeable backbone story vs the choice/affinity system. Despite there being some constant elements to the MC's personality, I do think that by ep 7 a massive chick MC and a massive DIK MC (to use the most extreme contrast) are very different people, more so than just differences between lewd scene choices, and players will have different expectations of what they want from future episodes. From what I can gather DPC's intention seems to be to somehow pay off the branching choice variables, but in a way that doesn't impact the main story. Really tricky.

Let's take the MC's attitude to Quinn (of course!) as an example. If Quinn is intended to remain as an antagonist for the duration of the story then she will need to serve necessary narrative purposes in that role. But MC's different attitudes to Quinn can be diametrically opposed depending on the choices you've made. Either you consider her "evil", and in the Maya hangout in ep 7 MC will sympathise with her when she tells him about Quinn's antics; or, if you've been pursuing Quinn up to that point but (just for kicks) go to the Maya hangout in ep 7, MC basically defends/excuses Quinn's actions, saying it's just her sense of humor. These different "MC characters" are not compatible and it's going to be harder to reconcile them as we get deeper into the main story.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Got is the perfect example of what i just said. I said many people tend to stick with stuffs even if the quality is dropped, and while Got quality dropped, the Ratings or viewrship, how you like to call it , have never been better.

"Worst of all is that DPC hasn't written the story like he always claims, but makes it up as he goes"

Come on dude, let's not carried away. just because Davdr left us, does not mean you need to take his place with nonsense. :ROFLMAO:. He said the story is maped is written, he know the key points and the endings, how we get there is what he is writing in each episode.And so far there is no reason for us to doubt on this.

And 6 years from now I will be 42 if I live through:ROFLMAO:
But I honestly doubt it would take that long. Not every episode will be as big as episode 7 or 8. I think 16 episode will be it, even with 2 episode a year that's just 4 year.:ROFLMAO:.
Did he map the story though? That's questionable, because earlier we saw Tommy and Quinn injecting themselves with heroin or whatever it was (hell even using the same needle), but then 2 episodes later Quinn is shown hesitant about buying cocaine. :unsure:

Same thing with the Bella library scene. The cry for help thing is mentioned just once and it's never mentioned again. DPC tried to come up with something as he went and then realized that it's too dark for the theme of this game and not wanting to be a one trick pony, now tries to work his way around it by not mentioning those stuff.

Stuff like these make me believe that he has literally one ending written (Jill, obviously) and everything else is going to be written on the spot as he goes.

Even if he does 16 episodes, October 2025 will be the last episode, if the pace remains the same.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Same thing with the Bella library scene. The cry for help thing is mentioned just once and it's never mentioned again. DPC tried to come up with something as he went and then realized that it's too dark for the theme of this game and not wanting to be a one trick pony, now tries to work his way around it by not mentioning those stuff.
That's a bit of assumption on your part. At this point we still don't know what he intended to do with Bella. There's no real progress with the whole what's hidden behind the door ? stuff so far. James' absence is still a grey zone. Something dark could still happen. Furthermore, he can come back to the famous lines in future episodes.

Stuff like these make me believe that he has literally one ending written (Jill, obviously)
I don't think so. By his own admission Jill is the latest LI he created because he realised he needed to put an additional character.

Let's take the MC's attitude to Quinn (of course!) as an example. If Quinn is intended to remain as an antagonist for the duration of the story then she will need to serve necessary narrative purposes in that role. But MC's different attitudes to Quinn can be diametrically opposed depending on the choices you've made. Either you consider her "evil", and in the Maya hangout in ep 7 MC will sympathise with her when she tells him about Quinn's antics; or, if you've been pursuing Quinn up to that point but (just for kicks) go to the Maya hangout in ep 7, MC basically defends/excuses Quinn's actions, saying it's just her sense of humor. These different "MC characters" are not compatible and it's going to be harder to reconcile them as we get deeper into the main story.
Overall, the locked affinity should drastically change the way he's gonna react to many things.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I got the vip pass at first, and then I regretted, because like many here, I thought I would get some action with some of the other strippers. But then I had no save to go back, so I simply used the mod to set that I didn't get the pass and added the $10 to the mansion.
I got the pass but I chose to go to the old folks home so it wasn't an issue.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

but isn't that already the case now?

if the story is good it's because of DPC, if the story doesn't make sense it's because of our bad choices. :unsure: :unsure: :p:D

I would say that this balance is not working very well. it is true that Mc MUST do certain things, otherwise we would move too far away from the story that DPC has in mind, but many times we are given the opportunity to do other things that the game clearly decides not to take into account.

We can be restaurant patrons, be just back from a threesome with Maya's main nemesis, but MC still has a meltdown at Josy's arrival.

we can have MC have sex with every HOTs available, and yet he's still worried that Sage won't take him seriously, that she'll just see him as a rebound

those are two pretty obvious examples involving important scenes in the game

but also the fact that an MC being intimate with Jade doesn't even question her in the problems Jill is having with her son to me represents a choice (having a relationship with Jade) that DPC decides to ignore in the plot.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Yes, I mean DPC forces you to go on a date with Jill (that you/MC set up by the way) and even after that you still lead her on while you are fooling around with her best friend. You don't think Jill will be upset when she finds out you ditched her for Bella...or worse, you were pursuing Bella while dating Jill? Whether you have the option to fight for Jill in ep 7 or not, you're still doing her dirty. I'd like the option on a Bella CHICk run to just tell Jill early on (preferably before the date) that I'm not interested in you at all and I don't want to date you. Gotta get that drama though.
No, No , No, No, Wait a second :) . You not leading on Jill, unless you choose to do. Yes, you ask her out on a date, there is nothing wrong with that, that is not lead on. How you handle the Date is what matter. You dont shower with her, you dont kiss her , and She will make the conlusion to Bella, that MC is not intrested in her. Even MC say the line that, I don't think I'm interested in her after the episode 4 date.
BeingADIK 2021-08-29 13-13-15-46.png
BeingADIK 2021-08-29 13-13-18-82.png
And if you continue along this road, you reach the point in episode 6, when she won't ask you out for the birthday picnic , so you technically off from her path. DPC merely given us the setups for these paths, but it up to us whether we walk on it or not. for example it is mandatory for us to at least have sex with either Josy or Maya, but if you refuse, no matter the affinity they reject you anyway.
And you get the option to Fight for Jill, only if you are on her route, otherwise its not come up .

so Yeah you don't directly say " I'm not interested in you" , But you don't even need it.

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
Wait, wasn't Jill the one who asked MC for a tennis date which is our first date with her? That kino scene where we made Josy jealous lmao

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes