Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Damn, some of you really want a lot of the additions that make BADIK stand out from the rest of games to be taken out of the game... meaning: D&G, minigames, the big free roams, some side content, I bet there is people that don't like the social aspect of the game like the Rooster app...

We would have another slideshow like the 90 percent of the games in this site if those thing were taken out or not included in the first place.
For me personally those are not the things that make the game stand out. TBH, the main thing that stands out that for all the forced drama, a lot of the cast is decent and above all the MC isn't a horny fucking creep who manipulates, forces, mind-controls or corrupts anyone.

As for the features - the Rooster app and text messages are okay, but some things like Swyper were obviously filler to the point where it was removed. Minigames are fine up to a certain degree, but at some point there's just too many. Some free roams are nothing more but a pause in the game just so you can find a few free renders and then you have 1-2 superficial actions that must be performed in sequence. The big free roams like the HOTs party last episode are good though - I agree that those add to the game.
Things that stand out as very superficial mini-games are making pancakes with Bella or watering her plants.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
We would have another slideshow like the 90 percent of the games in this site if those thing were taken out or not included in the first place.
I would like the game a lot better as a pure VN. I usually avoid games with free roam and mini games like the plague. I like BaDIK because of the characters and their development, I don't need the bells and whistles around it to find it good, on the contrary, it only distracts me from the plot.

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017
So I haven't played since 4.0 and the new download is just too big for mega so I did the split. I have no clue how to do it properly and I seem to be getting errors when I extract. I did the first part and tried to open it thinking it would maybe do all the parts...for some reason. Unfortunately, I get an error saying it can't find ep7 image when I try to open the game.

If I could get some help for how exactly to do this I would be grateful. I did try looking through the 7000+ pages for the answer...but lol nope.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I got the vip pass at first, and then I regretted, because like many here, I thought I would get some action with some of the other strippers. But then I had no save to go back, so I simply used the mod to set that I didn't get the pass and added the $10 to the mansion.
Exactly. Had I known it would be all about Madame, I would have rejected the pass even on my massive DIK playthroughs. I thought we would have our pick of the litter from all the strippers for the VIP room, but nope, I got bamboozled.

-- Unrelated topic --

Just finished Bella "solo" route playthrough. The problem I have with the Bella route is that there is no way you can follow it without being a massive dick to Jill. DPC gives us no option to fully reject her while seducing Bella. Even if you are a pure of heart CHICK who tries to ignore all women but Bella you still have to date Jill and lead her on for a good portion of the game.

Finally, in 6 & 7 DPC begins giving opportunities to steer away from Jill but not before playing enough mind games that she will be disgusted with both MC and Bella when she finds out the truth. Essentially, you have to destroy a friendship and a heart (maybe two hearts) to date Bella. Add to this the ominous internal voice in the library and one has to wonder if DPC will allow any kind of happiness end to the Bella route. :unsure:

JC23

Sep 25, 2016
i always wonder how he gets so much details in his characters is it pure lighting or something? can someone explain
There is the render itself, you can set it to have more or less details(there is a bunch of configurations, so I won't go into it). And in there, there is the lighting aspect to enhance these details.

We have a render guide and a show of 3Dart as a thread in the forum. Check it out if you're interested in something more deep.

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Just finished Bella "solo" route playthrough. The problem I have with the Bella route is that there is no way you can follow it without being a massive dick to Jill. DPC gives us no option to fully reject her while seducing Bella. Even if you are a pure of heart CHICK who tries to ignore all women but Bella you still have to date Jill and lead her on for a good portion of the game.

Finally, in 6 & 7 DPC begins giving opportunities to steer away from Jill but not before playing enough mind games that she will be disgusted with both MC and Bella when she finds out the truth. Essentially, you have to destroy a friendship and a heart (maybe two hearts) to date Bella. Add to this the ominous internal voice in the library and one has to wonder if DPC will allow any kind of happiness end to the Bella route. :unsure:
Now I could just be misunderstanding what you're saying. But to my knowledge you can choose not to pursue Jill while Pursuing Bella.

Granted you still need to go on a date with Jill (like you need to kiss/date Josy, kiss Bella and Maya) but after that, you can show a lack of interest in her. And It will show in the "End of Update Character Synopsis"

I even have saves that pursue Jill, Bella, and Jill/Bella. In my Bella solo route, I don't even have the option to fight for Jill in ep 7.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
So I haven't played since 4.0 and the new download is just too big for mega so I did the split. I have no clue how to do it properly and I seem to be getting errors when I extract. I did the first part and tried to open it thinking it would maybe do all the parts...for some reason. Unfortunately, I get an error saying it can't find ep7 image when I try to open the game.

If I could get some help for how exactly to do this I would be grateful. I did try looking through the 7000+ pages for the answer...but lol nope.
Oh wow, I just saw the split files. I didn't know they had that. Is that new? I had to do a full reinstall earlier this summer when my hd fried. I ended up just going through the pain of a mega download (5 gigs at a time?). Took a couple of days I think.

I obviously never tried the split but it looks like there are three, so I assume a couple of episodes are lumped into each with maybe the extra ep in the third? :unsure: Without any instructions, I guess I would extract part 1 first and start the game to see that it's working then move on to the second and drag drop the files into the first? Rinse/repeat. And of course grab all three from the same source (ex. PC/Mega 1,2,3 or MAC Nopy 1,2,3 etc.). I don't know. What was your method?

Now I could just be misunderstanding what you're saying. But to my knowledge you can choose not to pursue Jill while Pursuing Bella.

Granted you still need to go on a date with Jill (like you need to kiss/date Josy, kiss Bella and Maya) but after that, you can show a lack of interest in her. And It will show in the "End of Update Character Synopsis"

I even have saves that pursue Jill, Bella, and Jill/Bella. In my Bella solo route, I don't even have the option to fight for Jill in ep 7.
Yes, I mean DPC forces you to go on a date with Jill (that you/MC set up by the way) and even after that you still lead her on while you are fooling around with her best friend. You don't think Jill will be upset when she finds out you ditched her for Bella...or worse, you were pursuing Bella while dating Jill? Whether you have the option to fight for Jill in ep 7 or not, you're still doing her dirty. I'd like the option on a Bella CHICk run to just tell Jill early on (preferably before the date) that I'm not interested in you at all and I don't want to date you. Gotta get that drama though.

Reactions: SteveyP

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Yes, I mean DPC forces you to go on a date with Jill (that you/MC set up by the way) and even after that you still lead her on while you are fooling around with her best friend. You don't think Jill will be upset when she finds out you ditched her for Bella...or worse, you were pursuing Bella while dating Jill? Whether you have the option to fight for Jill in ep 7 or not, you're still doing her dirty. I'd like the option on a Bella CHICk run to just tell Jill early on (preferably before the date) that I'm not interested in you at all and I don't want to date you. Gotta get that drama though.
You nailed it on the head with that last sentence. DPC has stated that he has a backbone story he doesn't deviate from. Similar to the Maya and Josy drama, you'll likely get a similar affect here soon when it comes to Jill and Bella regardless if you're actively pursuing them. Or hell it might not even be "drama" but some sort of understanding that Bella needs to move on or that Bella is a shitty best friend etc. Either way, It's not supposed to be a choice so the plot can unfold the way he wants it to. That, and it might fit with the idea that MC "rushes into things without thinking when it comes to women" so now he needs to suffer the consequences.

So to recap, I did misunderstand you. But there is likely a reason for the lack of choice. Drama is probably the biggest. Whether it's good or not is something we'll have to wait and see.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
You nailed it on the head with that last sentence. DPC has stated that he has a backbone story he doesn't deviate from. Similar to the Maya and Josy drama, you'll likely get a similar affect here soon when it comes to Jill and Bella regardless if you're actively pursuing them. Or hell it might not even be "drama" but some sort of understanding that Bella needs to move on or that Bella is a shitty best friend etc. Either way, It's not supposed to be a choice so the plot can unfold the way he wants it to. That, and it might fit with the idea that MC "rushes into things without thinking when it comes to women" so now he needs to suffer the consequences.

So to recap, I did misunderstand you. But there is likely a reason for the lack of choice. Drama is probably the biggest. Whether it's good or not is something we'll have to wait and see.
Yep.

MC "rushes into things without thinking when it comes to women"
I find this annoying in AVNs focused on relationships. The key aspect is allowing me to choose whom I want to be with, but you are absolutely right. DPC is doing it so his story can follow the plan.

Here is my biggest issue: "DPC forces you to go on a date with Jill (that you/MC set up )" Therein lies the pain for future Jill because for whatever the reason, be it to spite Tybalt or not, you are, by definition, leading Jill on. Only two options: ask Jill out to shame Tybalt or ask Jill out because you like her. Neither is right for a Bella only CHICK MC. But I have multiple playthroughs so no worries. The evil part of me will be intrigued to see how Jill loses her mind.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
On my route with Isabella, Jill tells her that apparently the MC doesn't seem interested in her (Jill) and it's true since I stay very loyal to Isabella just like on the route with Jill, I don't think there is a drama between the two of them if you keep the routes separate for now

The option to fight for Jill literally that option never appears to me with Isabella or with Maya/Josy and Sage

Now if you have both Jill/Isabella routes there is where I see a bad end for the MC with them or maybe I'm wrong but I don't see anything happy with them for now

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
One of the weak points in AL was exactly the same type of forced relationship the MC found himself into, without being given a choice to avoid pursuing a certain character.
The one thing DPC does right, is that even though MC may act like a little girl sometimes, it still differentiates him and puts him leaps and bounds above the overwhelming majority of pervert/manipulative/rapist MCs that populate most games.

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
I find this annoying in AVNs focused on relationships. The key aspect is allowing me to choose whom I want to be with
I agree with everything else you said in your reply so I'll on pose a question from these two sentences

Do you think with the way the plot being set up or even unfolding that DPC is "undermining" (for lack of a better word) that key aspect? Because it seems to me that you could still end up with one or the other but will have to get through this rough patch of drama/character development due to DPC's need to tell a specific story.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
The one thing DPC does right, is that even though MC may act like a little girl sometimes, it still differentiates him and puts him leaps and bounds above the overwhelming majority of pervert/manipulative/rapist MCs that populate most games.
That's true, even in AVN's that I enjoy like "Echoes of Lust" or "What a Legend" you can make a big case that the MC is a pervert by nature. Thankfully DPC isn't the only developer that gives more credit to the MC. Stone Fox Studios with their game "Chasing Sunsets or Drifty Games with "Leap of Faith" are two great examples of that.

Reactions: Nirvana96

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
That's true, even in AVN's that I enjoy like "Echoes of Lust" or "What a Legend" you can make a big case that the MC is a pervert by nature. Thankfully DPC isn't the only developer that gives more credit to the MC. Stone Fox Studios with their game "Chasing Sunsets or Drifty Games with "Leap of Faith" are two great examples of that.
I don't want to sidetrack the conversation to other games, but WaL is actually an example of a decent MC. In truth most any MC is a pervert at some level, the problem with most is that they are the malicious kind, which I was referring to.

To bring the discussion back to BaDIK, even this MC has pervert episodes, but he never forces or manipulates anybody into something they don't want. He may be pushing it with Bella a little bit, but she's clearly receptive if he played his cards right.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
On my route with Isabella, Jill tells her that apparently the MC doesn't seem interested in her (Jill) and it's true since I stay very loyal to Isabella just like on the route with Jill, I don't think there is a drama between the two of them if you keep the routes separate for now

The option to fight for Jill literally that option never appears to me with Isabella or with Maya/Josy and Sage

Now if you have both Jill/Isabella routes there is where I see a bad end for the MC with them or maybe I'm wrong but I don't see anything happy with them for now
Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong in my Bella playthrough then. I have forsaken all others yet still I must go through the song and dance routine with Jill. I want to distance myself, but I continue with boyfriend duties without the benefit of sex. Not much more I can say than I have already stated about the forced date.

I agree with everything else you said in your reply so I'll on pose a question from these two sentences

Do you think with the way the plot being set up or even unfolding that DPC is "undermining" (for lack of a better word) that key aspect? Because it seems to me that you could still end up with one or the other but will have to get through this rough patch of drama/character development due to DPC's need to tell a specific story.
I think DPC wants you to choose his way of playing the MC. If you deviate from that course, pain awaits. How severe I don't know, but it is clear DPC loathes anything close to a harem mentality in players. Basically, story first, player choice second.

If DPC allows friendship after breakup, like the Maya/Josy situation, then great, but I still can't see that happening with Bella and Jill. If they end up being totally fine after finding out the truth, then these BaDIK women are some of the most unique and amazing women I have ever encountered because that's rare.

Room639

Feb 24, 2019
Also, I really do think that he got way too ambitious with this project and if he tries to outdo this one with his next project he's going to bite more than he can chew.
I think he's already bitten off more than he can chew in this game. Think about this, we aren't even halfway done, and you can already have sex with 3/5 of the major characters and most of the important side characters. How many more times can you repeat this without it becoming... well, repetitive. Will it be as exciting heading into season four? ...Season 5? Probably not. Not to mention, the major antagonists aren't that engaging (Tybalt is annoying, but not that engaging, while Chad is kind of interesting, but not that menacing), so there's not a ton of external conflict to drive the plot.

I think he really risks stretching this thing out too far. When you include a lot of material in the first half of the series, you're bound to run out of new material - unless you introduce more characters. That becomes a bit of a Mereenese knot in its own right, because the universe is already pretty big and the new characters aren't that interesting (such as the Madame and the annoying girl that has lunch with you, M&J).

I get that he wants to include a lot of content, but I'd rather just have a really good story that never feels old.

The answer is very simple - hire a coder to crank out the more rote elements, which wouldn't compromise his artistic vision at all. DPC is a bit of an egomaniac though, and it doesn't seem like he wants to share any of the glory. That's fine, it's his story, but it also comes with the risk of things becoming a bit... dusty.

Last edited:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I think it's OK that the MC asks Jill out on a date even if you lose interest in her later on. That's pretty typical in reality. You don't end up marrying every girl you date, feelings are hurt but life goes on.
No, no, no. I never had interest in her to begin with. That is the point.

CHICK MC, Bella only, or M/J only.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I think he's already bitten off more than he can chew in this game. Think about this, we aren't even halfway done, and you can already have sex with 3/5 of the major characters and most of the important side characters. How many more times can you repeat this without it becoming... well, repetitive. Will it be as exciting heading into season four? Probably not. Not to mention, the major antagonists are that engaging (Tybalt is annoying, but not that engaging, while Chad is kind of interesting, but not that menacing).

I think he really risks stretching this thing out too far. When you include a lot of material in the first half of the series, you're bound to run out of new material - unless you introduce more characters. That becomes a bit of a Mereenese knot in its own right, because the universe is already pretty big and the new characters aren't that interesting (such as the Madame and the annoying girl that has lunch with you, M&J).

I get that he wants to include a lot of content, but I'd rather just have a really good story that never feels old.
Acting lessons and BaDIK were never all about the sex. Just like real life, do you blow your brains out and end it all once you’ve had sex with the girl of your dreams? There’s so much more to life than sex (sex is like oxygen, it’s only important to those who aren’t getting any). The plot is slowly starting to thicken, and the MC will equally occupy himself banging girls and living life. Sounds pretty cool to me.

Me: I don't want anything to do with Jill.
DPC: You’re wrong…
Fixed that for you. :p

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes