Room639

Feb 24, 2019
The amount of time between updates is getting ridiculous. 6 months is looking likely for this episode. If that pace holds then we're looking at 2 years per season. The game is great, but I'm not sure it can hold my interest for another 4-6 years. And god help the people at the $30+ tiers - paying almost 200 bucks per episode. It's your money, do what you want, but that's absurd.

I'd rather DPC just tell a tight, well-crafted story and do away with some of the filler and non-sense. DnG, Mini-Games, Pack Quests, etc. They add development time, but don't add much to the story.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Honestly, I think that the game will cover the first year of college and after episode 20 ends (or whatever the last episode will be), and we get the ending with the LI of our choice, the epilogue will show us what happened to all the characters, with stuff changing depending on our choices.

For example: "Magnar and Sally graduated college and ended up getting married." or if you weren't really nice to Magnar this would be the outcome: "Magnar ended up forming up a harem consisting of Sally, Sage, Jill, Bella, Josy, Maya, Quinn and all the other girls. I wonder how things would have worked out if I was nice to him for once." :Kappa:
Agree with the first part but :oops: on the second.

Her goblinoid smile
(y)

Reactions: Zirael Q

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
The amount of time between updates is getting ridiculous. 6 months is looking likely for this episode. If that pace holds then we're looking at 2 years per season. The game is great, but I'm not sure it can hold my interest for another 4-6 years. And god help the people at the $30+ tiers - paying almost 200 bucks per episode. It's your money, do what you want, but that's absurd.

I'd rather DPC just tell a tight, well-crafted story and do away with some of the filler and non-sense. DnG, Mini-Games, Pack Quests, etc. They add development time, but don't add much to the story.
DPC already stated what is time consuming, it's animations. Making a lot of animation and rendering them in good quality needs a huge amount of time.
Ok you can do a quick a simple story with not much choices and make poor renders and simple animations and you can make short updates every month or even week as some other games, but the result is mostly crap anyway !
Here we have a game where each release gives a lot of very high quality content, so i have no problem waiting 6 month.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
DPC already stated what is time consuming, it's animations. Making a lot of animation and rendering them in good quality needs a huge amount of time.
Ok you can do a quick a simple story with not much choices and make poor renders and simple animations and you can make short updates every month or even week as some other games, but the result is mostly crap anyway !
Here we have a game where each release gives a lot of very high quality content, so i have no problem waiting 6 month.
But back in the day DPC had a goal of like 5k or whatever that literally said that when he hits that he's going to make sure that production time goes faster and the wait between episodes is going to be less.

But if he really tries to make each next episode bigger than the last, then we will go beyond the 6 month wait between updates and even worse, we'll probably get to a point where we get one update per year. I've said it before - if he really aims for 20 episodes, then this game will probably will be finished around 2026 or 2027, that's like 6 years from now. That's an awfully long time and I really doubt people are going to wait around and not lose interest in this by that point.

Or the worst of all, if DPC gets burnt out and starts taking time off or hell, even completely abandoning this project.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Am I the only one for whom the animations don't do much. In every single case there are clipping issues. On top of that, the repeatable nature of animations is just not that appealing to me. I'd rather have 5 more renders in different but well-done static positions, than 15 seconds of a meh loop, which can be replaced by a couple of renders for the same effect. Especially given the amount of effort animations take, it's just another bad trade-off.

Everything would have been different if there were additional developers. And while I understand the need for creative control, I just can't fathom the choices DPC is making in designing the game, with additional padding, grind and increasing use of animations, when he's the sole developer. It all seems like a bad trade-off for me as a player who, even for the game's faults, would like to finish it sooner, rather than later. On the other hand, as a creator it probably serves him better, since it extends the amount of time he can keep getting paid for this particular game. He's probably afraid that his next game would not be guaranteed the same success.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
But back in the day DPC had a goal of like 5k or whatever that literally said that when he hits that he's going to make sure that production time goes faster and the wait between episodes is going to be less.

But if he really tries to make each next episode bigger than the last, then we will go beyond the 6 month wait between updates and even worse, we'll probably get to a point where we get one update per year. I've said it before - if he really aims for 20 episodes, then this game will probably will be finished around 2026 or 2027, that's like 6 years from now. That's an awfully long time and I really doubt people are going to wait around and not lose interest in this by that point.

Or the worst of all, if DPC gets burnt out and starts taking time off or hell, even completely abandoning this project.
That's one of the problems amateur devs seem to run into. They want to make the next update even larger than the previous. As a consumer bigger updates are always nice but the tradeoff is more time is needed in development. Specially in DPC's situation where he wants to do everything solo instead of putting together a small team to help him alleviate some of the workflow. I can understand him wanting to do this solo. But if you go at it solo, the smart tradeoff that shouldn't be ignored is don't be too ambitious.

JC23

Sep 25, 2016
That's one of the problems amateur devs seem to run into. They want to make the next update even larger than the previous. As a consumer bigger updates are always nice but the tradeoff is more time is needed in development. Specially in DPC's situation where he wants to do everything solo instead of putting together a small team to help him alleviate some of the workflow. I can understand him wanting to do this solo. But if you go at it solo, the smart tradeoff that shouldn't be ignored is don't be too ambitious.
He really should hire a coder, at least. Allowing him/her to do some scripts at first, then more and more with each new scene/path.

He may even learn better coding from the coder.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

I think people will ultimately stick with this game because it's a fun ride and we want to see how it ends, but I do believe that the burnout is real. Both for DPC and for the players. There are only so many years I can watch the same drunken, college antics. BaDIK is amazing, don't get me wrong, but at a certain point I tire of everything. Hard to imagine me having the same enthusiasm for classroom tests and whiskey shot mini-games in six years. And by then I'll have fucked Sage in every position in the Kama Sutra (and probably still not have a 5/5 :cautious: ). Things could be a little stale in the bedroom by 2027. I'm already curious about what DPC's next project will be.

Am I the only one for whom the animations don't do much. In every single case there are clipping issues. On top of that, the repeatable nature of animations is just not that appealing to me. I'd rather have 5 more renders in different but well-done static positions, than 15 seconds of a meh loop, which can be replaced by a couple of renders for the same effect. Especially given the amount of effort animations take, it's just another bad trade-off.

Everything would have been different if there were additional developers. And while I understand the need for creative control, I just can't fathom the choices DPC is making in designing the game, with additional padding, grind and increasing use of animations, when he's the sole developer. It all seems like a bad trade-off for me as a player who, even for the game's faults, would like to finish it sooner, rather than later. On the other hand, as a creator it probably serves him better, since it extends the amount of time he can keep getting paid for this particular game. He's probably afraid that his next game would not be guaranteed the same success.
I'd prefer DPC not spend as much time on the non-lewd animations. The first few were interesting because they were new and DPC was stretching his legs with his upgraded equipment, but I don't really need to see animations for every time someone puts on a shirt. I quite like the static image nature of visual novels. Throw in some animated lewd scenes and I'm content...and so is my shitty laptop. I'm worried that by the final episode, BaDIK will require a supercomputer.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
if he really aims for 20 episodes, then this game will probably will be finished around 2026 or 2027, that's like 6 years from now. That's an awfully long time and I really doubt people are going to wait around and not lose interest in this by that point.

Seems to me this is more of a personal choice:) . You can't generalize this. Especially because, it's quite the opposite. There are plenty of things people stick with even if the quality is drop significantly. GoT 8 year, Walking dead 11 years. Bones 12 years. WoW almost 20 years. The new Mass Effect game is more than likely 3-4 years away from now and etc etc
Badik is essentially a tv show, like a netflix show or something. You wait a year for new episodes.
well, in this case 5 month so far, and I'm sure this won't be always the case . But I'm sure if he put out a shorted episode, people will bitch about that too.:ROFLMAO:. Just like they did with episode 5 , because the length of episode 4 spoiled them. and When Episode 5 came out people noticed it was shorter. Even though it was very story driven

and I even doubt he gonna burn out. It is his fucking job. You think he is the only one who works 12 hour in a day?! , that is the bare minimum for many peoples in the word and they make less money than him, with much more harder work .

so, who care if its takes 6 year? I doubt this is the only thing in your life that make a reason to live for. :ROFLMAO:.
And if I did not live long enough, then I fucking not lived long enough and that's all, big deal, it is what it is. But I'm not looking for the ending, I'm looking for the next episode. And as long as its entertain me I will stick with it. I stopped caring about Supernatural after season 5, but the show went go on without me for years. And there were people who still liked it .

Just my Humble opinion :)

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Seems to me this is more of a personal choice:) . You can't generalize this. Especially because, it's quite the opposite. There are plenty of things people stick with even if the quality is drop significantly. GoT 8 year, Walking dead 11 years. Bones 12 years. WoW almost 20 years. The new Mass Effect game is more than likely 3-4 years away from now and etc etc
Badik is essentially a tv show, like a netflix show or something. You wait a year for new episodes.
well, in this case 5 month so far, and I'm sure this won't be always the case . But I'm sure if he put out a shorted episode, people will bitch about that too.:ROFLMAO:. Just like they did with episode 5 , because the length of episode 4 spoiled them. and When Episode 5 came out people noticed it was shorter. Even though it was very story driven

and I even doubt he gonna burn out. It is his fucking job. You think he is the only one who works 12 hour in a day?! , that is the bare minimum for many peoples in the word and they make less money than him, with much more harder work .

so, who care if its takes 6 year? I doubt this is the only thing in your life that make a reason to live for. :ROFLMAO:.
And if I did not live long enough, then I fucking not lived long enough and that's all, big deal, it is what it is. But I'm not looking for the ending, I'm looking for the next episode. And as long as its entertain me I will stick with it. I stopped caring about Supernatural after season 5, but the show went go on without me for years. And there were people who still liked it .

Just my Humble opinion :)
DPC will not burn out. That would only happen if he didn't enjoy creating new content, renders and animations. What DPC has imposed on itself is poistive stress and this is even healthy.:geek:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I do not know what you have. Soon Battlefield 2042 comes out and with that I have a game to bridge the update time of DPC.:unsure:
Sadly my PC became old , and I'm in no poses of money to upgrade. But there is still plenty game, movie, tv show and other stuff I could spend the time with I'm just lazy , so I complain about the development time instead, just like anyone else. :ROFLMAO:

I'd prefer DPC not spend as much time on the non-lewd animations. The first few were interesting because they were new and DPC was stretching his legs with his upgraded equipment, but I don't really need to see animations for every time someone puts on a shirt. I quite like the static image nature of visual novels. Throw in some animated lewd scenes and I'm content...and so is my shitty laptop. I'm worried that by the final episode, BaDIK will require a supercomputer.
Not to be Rude, but it's a personal problem for you :p:ROFLMAO:. Kind of selfish also. :ROFLMAO:.
overall all the system requirement wont just grow out of nowhere. The size can be a problem, but in reality today age, it is not. Cyberpunk was like 100 giga and they keep releasing updates that are 30 giga sometimes, I dont even know how Big the Cyberpunk right now :ROFLMAO:.
But I can't be really an asshole just because my equipment can't run it:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
6 months are really long time for this extremely funded game. your humble opinion is nonsense. because it can be done in 3 months as well. indeed quite qualified too. you gain too much money. its just money milking
prove it smartass :p.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Sadly my PC became old , and I'm in no poses of money to upgrade. But there is still plenty game, move and other stuff I could spend the time with I'm just lazy , so I complain about the development time instead, just like anyone else. :ROFLMAO:

Not to be Rude, but it's a personal problem for you :p:ROFLMAO:. Kind of selfish also. :ROFLMAO:.
overall all the system requirement wont just grow out of nowhere. The size can be a problem, but in reality today age, it is not. Cyberpunk was like 100 giga and they keep releasing updates that are 30 giga sometimes, I dont even know how Big the Cyberpunk right now :ROFLMAO:.
But I can't be really an asshole just because my equipment can't run it:ROFLMAO:
That really wasn't the point of my post. And selfish how? I have no control over the game.

Reactions: ChipLecsap
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes