PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
But DPC can't make time for merchandise
Because he's busy hunting down patrons and banning them:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Dude, right now BaDik is the most influential game in the genre of adult novels. Game takes the first places in steam, game has a lot of copycat games and references are made to it in other games. The popularity is growing and I am sure there will be merch in a year or two.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
But isn't it weird we don't see none of his friends since he's the most popular guy on the campus right now
First, he doesn't have that many friends at all, apart from the Diks. A private life outside of school does not seem to exist at all. I don't know how realistic that is. This type of school does not even exist in germany. What is similar with us is studying

Next, the game is primarily focused on events that can be seen through the eyes of the MC. It's a miracle that there are other scenes. That's why we for example never really see other men sexually active, even though they are. I think if we could see everything that could theoretically be seen where the MC is not there, the game would have been twice as big. That would give the game, which is already very good, a little more realism.

But certain people would then run storm again, at latest when one of girls doesn't have sex with the MC. I think it's a good thing that it's done the way it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Broodinghost

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Isn't it a Daz3D asset anyway? I don't think DPC could legally sell B&R DIK jackets, could he?
That style jacket can be found at pretty much every high school in the US.
It's the standard style of the varsity letterman's jacket.
All that changes is the colors, to match school colors.

I don't see how Daz could possibly stop anyone from selling that jacket in the DIKs colors.

Here's a quick example:

Just needs the right logos sewn on.

Reactions: Hendriyugi

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
That style jacket can be found at pretty much every high school in the US.
It's the standard style of the varsity letterman's jacket.
All that changes is the colors, to match school colors.

I don't see how Daz could possibly stop anyone from selling that jacket in the DIKs colors.

Here's a quick example:

Just needs the right logos sewn on.
Yeah, I don't know lawyer stuff. The overall design is sort of ubiquitous, but if it were me I wouldn't want to mess with merch like that. Too time consuming for too little profit. And not many purchasers would be willing to do their own sewing. Generally speaking, I know you buy the rights to use game assets, but selling exact B&R versions (pre-sewn) of those game assets might get a little dicey. Normal devs wouldn't have to worry too much, but being one of the biggest VN creators out there, DPC has a huge target on his back. He has to do everything by the book when it comes to copyright rules.

The DIK t-shirts that Rusty and Tommy wear in the flashback might be a little safer to sell and more profitable. DPC would have the best luck (and less worries) selling his own pinkcake t-shirts and mugs I reckon. Although, how many people would want to walk around their city with a pink cake name and logo on their shirt? :unsure:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
The coolest thing is that you can logically justify the character of the main character.
If you're a dik, it's because you fought constantly at school and was an outcast, grew up without a mother and was raised by a father.
If you are a chick, it's because you loved father very much and always helped him. Your father raised you to be a kind and good guy. It works both ways!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The coolest thing is that you can logically justify the character of the main character.
If you're a dik, it's because you fought constantly at school and was an outcast, grew up without a mother and was raised by a father.
If you are a chick, it's because you loved father very much and always helped him. Your father raised you to be a kind and good guy. It works both ways!
I think Mc is pretty much framed as a CHICK.

It's true that he has been in a fight, but only once in his life, and because of that fact probably his father still has some economic problems behind that. And every time he gets the chance to fight he always points out how his father wouldn't want him to do it, how his father didn't teach him how to fight because he behaved like that.

MC gets to the BR who is as CHICK as Jill at least, then he can become DIK.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I think Mc is pretty much framed as a CHICK.
I think he is Neutral :).
We dont follow, Chick or Dik path because it is more in line with our personality either . It's simply because, the game force us to pick one over the other if we interested in one girl or an another..
MC in the beginning, is Neutral, just like all of us. Because life is not black and white.

all of us obviously think a bad thought of Steve when the game start, and draw dicks in his picture. and we definitely checking out Josy's ass or Boobs,
But we not jerk with our lovely father. and reject the money.

unless you specifically aimed toward a specific path, which is kill the whole " Follow your heart " theme.

folks don't create a solo Jill path because its logical, or because they follow their heart. But because, they saw her as an ultimate reward, a Trophy, what can only be attained with certain decisions. :ROFLMAO:
and they afraid of the consequence if they don't follow the "right path " .

And when the game give us bonus sex scene based on our Affinity, we sitting there holding our head, and thinking , where we made the mistake, and we need 2 more chick decision what we normaly would not pick , but without it we only have 50% of a lewd scene. :ROFLMAO:.

In the Defense of DPC this is not entirely his fault. This is a well known problem with any game that try to implement a morality system, because it is always just "good vs bad" situations.

okay I think I went overboard with this :ROFLMAO: , long story short, I think MC is Neutral in the beginning(y)

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think he is Neutral :).
We dont follow, Chick or Dik path because it is more in line with our personality either . It's simply because, the game force us to pick one over the other if we interested in one girl or an another..
MC in the beginning, is Neutral, just like all of us. Because life is not black and white.

all of us obviously think a bad thought of Steve when the game start, and draw dicks in his picture. and we definitely checking out Josy's ass or Boobs,
But we not jerk with our lovely father. and reject the money.

unless you specifically aimed toward a specific path, which is kill the whole " Follow your heart " theme.

folks don't create a solo Jill path because its logical, or because they follow their heart. But because, they saw her as an ultimate reward, a Trophy, what can only be attained with certain decisions. :ROFLMAO:
and they afraid of the consequence if they don't follow the "right path " .

And when the game give us bonus sex scene based on our Affinity, we sitting there holding our head, and thinking , where we made the mistake, and we need 2 more chick decision what we normaly would not pick , but without it we only have 50% of a lewd scene. :ROFLMAO:.

In the Defense of DPC this is not entirely his fault. This is a well known problem with any game that try to implement a morality system, because it is always just "good vs bad" situations.

okay I think I went overboard with this :ROFLMAO: , long story short, I think MC is Neutral in the beginning(y)
But those are all choices you can make or not, so let's not talk about MC anymore, but about MC as we interpret it.

but what kind of character is he?

a shy, introverted guy who rehearses speeches alone when he thinks no one sees him, a guy who is extremely close to his father (and we have no way of diverting him from that)
They all sound like CHICK traits to me.

but also the premise of the game, all the talk about the real family to be found, about love, seems to me a pretty clear statement of intent

the only "DIK" part is the short parenthesis between the fight and the beginning of the relationship with Zoey (which technically is shown to us later, but is still part of the character's base)

and as it happens to many kids who leave home to start college, MC also has the chance to become something else.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes