PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Nora is standing at Lynette's right side. They have the same eyebrows.

View attachment 1434731

I took a lot of screenshots so you can understand and I can keep the order.

In screenshots 1-7 the clue what you have to look for. !!!Necklace and beer!!!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Screenshots 8-13 shows the beer clue. So decision for EP3 Maya in EP7 and/or in EP8. But I assume it is the decision which Maya the MC gets psychically and not physically. Also look at the bedspread of Maya. Beautifully dotted like Nora's dress. In EP7, Patrick also notices the bedspread.

Screenshots 14-15 get to the heart of the matter. The teacher has Nora's necklace and glasses on. Say hello to Maya's grandma!!! The vision problem seems to be hereditary. Josy says it and Maya squints her eyes to concentrate. Please also note that the font color of "Female teacher" is the same as Maya. But that's not why I'm taking a screenshot now. Okay, Nora is the mommy. I want to emphasize at this point that Nora is just the Swyper name. I have a hunch, just a hunch, that behind Nora is actually Monica. That would be very interesting because then Tommy would be the brother of Maya and Derek. That could also be why Josy and Maya are not allowed to be together. Kinship. But this situation resolves itself once the MC cleans up Pete's garage in the repair mini-game. Pete and Monica have broken up.

Now I have to mix up the order because I found the possible fathers of Maya and Derek. I think Jade is not the mother of Maya and Derrek, but it shows what happens when the MC makes a decision at the Jade Major Choice. More on that below.

Now let's move on to the fathers. The two teachers may just represent the fathers. The teacher with the half bald head represents Steve's father. What, look at his watch. Steve has the same watch. His father has the watch in gold, but he has a half bald head. The picture of Steve is interesting too. It kind of reminds me of EP7 HOTs party and Riona. But it's not him, because it goes on. Steve's dad is an ass, just like Patrick. Okay, then the character traits already match. But that's not all. Maya said herself that she is not the daughter Patrick wanted. Patrick has a very distinctive feature on his right eye. We have the same feature on the right boys. Believe me, this guy has the same feature. I just chose the picture where it's not as obvious because you can see how benevolently the guy is looking at Derek while he's on his way to the sprinkler. I want to mention here again that the MC says to Derek in EP3 that Maya may be more of a believer than he thinks.

We have 4 possible fathers for Maya.
The fat teacher (trigger): Stands for Maya from EP7. The MC and Maya are having a movie night. What's delicious to eat. Pizza, fries and popsi. It could have been diet soda, right? But everything makes Maya fat, including the MC's dick, if you know what I mean.

Steve's dad (trigger): that's such an ass. But maybe Steve knows what Josy and Maya are up to, and he wants to get Josy. Trying makes you smart, and he gets a slap in the face. But now comes the picture of Steve. It's hanging crooked. EP7 HOT'S Party. Riona gets a whiskey with ice and in her room the MC moves the info board.

Patrick v Prep's Dad: I think this has something to do with whether the MC stays with Josy or goes after Maya. If rr stays with Josy, the conversation between Maya and the MC never takes place. Ergo, it never took place. But we as players are able to see both. What do we learn from the conversation. That Maya would also like to have a father like Josy. And there we have it. Patrick will be the father. There's another clue to this. Josy is wearing a yellow dress that night. Now look at the color "Brown haired teacher". Read the explanation at the end

Another interesting thing about the EP5 party. It starts in EP2 with the MC's rain dance. Hahaha. He dances and it rains. All the bitches are going to drown. You just have to see who was wet after the sprinkler and/or not seen before it fell. You won't see it with the girls who are still undecided. Mona is not a slut. She left the house before. Sarah is also not a slut because she comes out dry with both Sage and Josy/Maya/MC. So, see for yourself.

Now what does Jade show us and what is the Major Choice selection all about. The choice decides the affinity. With DIK, so keep going, the affinity becomes NEUTRAL. Now look at Jade's cup. Green=Neutral. If rejected, the MC affinity becomes CHICK i.e. Blue. DPC has actually made this very obviously clear. Again to understand. We as players sit in front of the monitor and the scale shows us CHICK=BLUE on the right side and DIK=ROT on the left side. If the MC is now facing someone, the arm is CHICK and the left arm is DIK. Now let's look at Jade. In the first screenshot, her left arm is raised and her eyes are also looking to the left. Only one of the teachers is wearing a blue shirt. The "Brown haired teacher" is written in yellow, like Josy dress in EP5. He stands for a Maya's and Derek's preps father. The two screenshot show us what happens when the MC makes out all DIK with Jade in the classroom. Jade's eyes are looking to the left, so DIK. There will be two fathers. But the preps father is wobbling. So it would be better to reject anything further with Jade. But if the MC fucks Jade in EP4, bad things will happen. The color of the "Balding teacher" is Turquoise. Josy gets a lovely sister and a fat father. The third screenshot remains Neutral. This could mean that the game follows a predefined sequence or that the decision was made differently. See the fathers description.

image.jpeg

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
You don't get it, do you? Thousands of variables. When we reach the end of Being a Dik in the distant future, there will be multiple endings. Who says it is only the LI's? Maybe there will be multiple endings to the different family trees. Thousands of variables.

Guess why DPC doesn't tell us and/or show us what Jill's parents look like, why Patrick wanted another daughter. Who was Tommy's father again? What does Tommy's mother look like. Rusty's dad seems like a cool guy, why haven't we met him yet. Is his mother also so cool. Sage's father we have seen for sure, but we still don't know 100% who it is. Was Sage's mom also at the EP5 party.

Should I keep writing?

Family.
My dad once told me that a family is more than blood relations.
Being related doesn't necessarily make you family.
Family are the people who support you in your choices.
Family will help you grow.
Family doesn't give up on you in times of need.
Family are the ones who love you for you...
...whoever that may be.
Even if you lose your family...
...or if your family loses you.
Don't stop.
Find new ones to love and somewhere else to call home.

This is the first thing we all read when we start a new game.
This is the beginning for joining the brotherhood, which has become a real family for MС. It is unlikely that the developer will descend to such cheap scenario tricks like the fact that his father is not his own father, and Lynette is not really his mother.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
This is the beginning for joining the brotherhood, which has become a real family for MС. It is unlikely that the developer will descend to such cheap scenario tricks like the fact that his father is not his own father, and Lynette is not really his mother.
For Lynette and Neil to be the MC's parents is actually one of the few constants in this game. Of course, it's also about the DIK's as a family.

But DPC has given the MC Lynette's diary. It's definitely also about him getting to know his mother's family.

The long text about the fathers is only to show that DPC can compile different family trees with the variables by our game decisions and thus also multiple ends arise.

Just imagine what level DPC would raise BaD to in this genre. It would remain unmatched for years and it has already raised the standards that many developers have not yet reached.

Nov 8, 2018
I am curious as to what exact particular process you applied get the particular demonstrated example optimum? I ask, since I was heavily inspired by your analysis and borrowed a number of its insights (primarily those concerning constraints), though not your literal actual procedure or algorithm ( I have no direct experience with the specific technical optimization methods you employed ), to try to program my own direct optimization algorithm, and was able to generate a solution that used 104 less XP (425 XP instead of 529 XP) to complete all the rooms, and ultimately had 79 more XP in your sense of the 7th free roam to allocate for work (460 XP instead of 381 XP), with respect to the same simplified floor division calculation of XP from raw points that you also appear to have employed. I bring this up since you mentioned the range of solutions should all be within 20XP within each other. So I am curious as to how to interpret your 20XP range, to see if the solution I found is actually within that range or potentially poses as a genuine counter example of some kind?( I do not have the sufficient know how of your algorithm to make that determination, which is why I programmed my own lol)
First and foremost, thanks for the props. I have to return them thankfully.

To answer your question (as good as I can): The range of 20XP was related to the total XP generation process and not the remainder in turn 7. I see that you have generated a total of 825XP with your allocation plan while my (probably just local) "optimum" generated 840. As I mentioned in the corresponding section, I myself, know how to increase this 840 up to 853.2 (+13.2) as I have not allocated 91XP when I could have. This was for the same reason you are raising this question: I wanted to balance between maximizing XP generation and maximizing the left-over XP in turn 7. Neglecting the last objective, one could even achieve more - but to inferior conditions. Therefore my eductaed guess was 20 which is basically 50% more of what I could have done and am aware of.

In regards to the applied process:
1st subordinate minimization goal: Try to use all of the available XP in one round or get very close to it for the first three rounds. I.e. spend all 60 XP in turn 1. Furthermore, I couldn't further reduce the XP left over in turn 2 without violating the first assumption or not completing one room.
Reasoning: same as above
Limitations: Again, one could argue that spending all XP and leave one room unfinished would be superior, but this would not only be influenced by past decisions but also have to be accounted for in future decisions which is something I can totally not model (and this bothers me........)

2nd subordinate maximization goal: As mentioned in the post, there was this interesting finding that we are able to maximize the total score in turn 6 by clearing 9 rooms in one go. Therefore I artificially limited myself to doing that as it was superior to all previous scenarios.
Reasoning: see fun fact in constraint #2 of my second analysis.
Limitations: Since this assumption affects the previous decision, this is the most fragile one. Even though it maximizes the XP gain in the current turn, one has to account for the XP loss from not maximizing the previous turn with most attention. The solution I presented is maximizing the 5th turn subsequently and the XP loss is lower than the gain, but this only proofs that it is a superior reaction to the decisions made previously. If we change the initial approach (like loosing the restrictions of turn 3), this might look completely different.

However, I have tested multiple scenarios and identified the approach presented in the main post as the most optimal. But comparing ~20 scenarios out of multiple billions of possibilities is certainly not representative by any means.

I hope I could help and I am looking forward to reviving this discussion - to the pain of all other forum members, haha.

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
The long text about the fathers is only to show that DPC can compile different family trees with the variables by our game decisions and thus also multiple ends arise.
Its kind of amazing you don't realize how dumb a statement this is. BADIK isn't some science fiction reality bubble wackadoo present changing the past changing the future changing the present nonsense.

The wait for ep8 is really destroying people's minds. :LOL:

2.5 kg may not be a lot, but for tiny girl like Josy, and with that non-stable wrist position, I fear she will injure herself with shoulder impingement or subscapularis tear. :oops:
What a terrible thing that could happen. Why. Then she'd only be left with one hand. And MC would have to provide support to help her release... stress.

Truly. So terrible an outcome. :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: Kellermann

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
I am curious as to what exact particular process you applied get the particular demonstrated example optimum? I ask, since I was heavily inspired by your analysis and borrowed a number of its insights (primarily those concerning constraints), though not your literal actual procedure or algorithm ( I have no direct experience with the specific technical optimization methods you employed ), to try to program my own direct optimization algorithm, and was able to generate a solution that used 104 less XP (425 XP instead of 529 XP) to complete all the rooms, and ultimately had 79 more XP in your sense of the 7th free roam to allocate for work (460 XP instead of 381 XP), with respect to the same simplified floor division calculation of XP from raw points that you also appear to have employed. I bring this up since you mentioned the range of solutions should all be within 20XP within each other. So I am curious as to how to interpret your 20XP range, to see if the solution I found is actually within that range or potentially poses as a genuine counter example of some kind?( I do not have the sufficient know how of your algorithm to make that determination, which is why I programmed my own lol)

I am still working on formalizing and generalizing my optimization algorithm attempt, and trying to also extend it to work from different initial conditions, for the possibility that one is not interested in re-rolling their game to start from a relatively early portion of Episode 6, but simply wants to figure out what the best strategy will be to employ from wherever they are in their game. If I decide to go through with that (I cannot make any definite guarantees), this will probably take me at least 1 more month, more likely 2 more months, though I suppose this is a good time killer until Episode 8 is available, lol (this has taken me about 3 weeks so far, with several failed attempts along the way to the current algorithm; I've spent more time on this than on playing the actual game lol). Should I end up going through with this (again, I cannot make a definite guarantee due to possible additional difficulties in generalizing the problem as well as possible pragmatic difficulties with respect to working on this), I may consider posting the final program used, along with a follow up post detailing the finalized optimized algorithm and how to use the program, though as of now it is far less technically composed and analyzed than the excellent analysis and solution spreadsheet of Hurensohn Heigl. I believe that, so far, of the people who have made mansion guides here, Hurenson Heigl has attained the highest understanding of this mini-game's constraints and principles needed to optimize it.

For those interested in using what the attempted optimization algorithm came up with, below is the program's output of that, using the simplified floor calculations ( in the actual game the final XP will actually be 475 XP; however I ended up with 460XP in my actual program since I chose to use simple floor division each turn for making the code simpler and to serve as a comparison ( it also takes Upper 3 Section as worked on in turn 3 before working on the Mansion in turn 3 at the end of Episode 6 since this was found to be the best option of the 3 rooms I have found you can work on (might be more I haven't found yet): Right Hallway, Upper 2, and Upper 3). I also ended up using an equalization distribution of XP for stats across characters for each room's needed amount of the stat, which appeared to produce the best result of three distribution types that I tried to implement.

Note: If you look at the attempted solution below, "Final New Characters" refers to their final stat allocation of the characters after actually completing the turn, and what they will be at the start of the next turn, and "Adjusted Character Sets With Given XP For Solution" refers to how the characters and their sets must be allocated with respect to the XP to actually complete rooms for the turn ( I assume that the player goes up to level 5 dumpster before completing their first real allocation turn (costs $4, which brings us from $21 to $17), which is where the solution starts). I also did not take any other upgrades besides full Dumpster since they are expensive and make it impossible to finish the mansion and buy the windows as fast as possible, and do not provide significant enough bonuses, in my opinion, to merit their costs.

I cannot claim that this is the optimal solution; the brute forcing required for determining that with complete certainty is computationally infeasible. If someone has found an even superior solution, which I expect to be possible, then it would be neat if it were posted. I have also not found any real nice algorithm for determining how to distribute XP among the characters with respect to the rooms they are put to work on; of three relatively simple methods I tried (equalization among the stats for each given room, all XP to strongest character relative to the room, and all XP given to the strongest overall character of each set applied to the room with only respect to the characters' stats themselves rather than anything to do with the room itself), I found equalization to yield the best result. The two strongest character methods appeared to yield the same result, which could just coincidentally happen to be the case, or I might need to reanalyze the methods again to disambiguate them if they really end up being distinctive (or it could be the math happens to work out such that is always necessarily the case and thus their distributive distinction has no consequential difference even if they follow different logical methods that happen to converge on a same result due to conditions of the rooms and the characters' stats themselves).

As far as making money goes, if you do not take the Pink Rose Pass and worked in the library, then you can allocate the remaining XP such that, with hopefully not too many re-rolls for jobs, you can make exactly enough additional money to buy the windows on the turn just before you sit down to eat Breakfast towards the end of Episode 7. You essentially specialize the allocation so that you have three sets of three characters that are each good at some of $3 jobs, so that you can earn $27, which, added to $38 you now have ( $17 Start Derived From Maximizing Dumpster + $10 For Giving Up Pass + $3 Story Work At Elderly Home + $2 Library + $6 Story Work At Elderly Home Or Pink Rose For MC, From All Characters' Combined Efforts = $38) gives you $65, exactly needed to repair windows on the very last turn of Episode 7, so that you do not have to do any more mansion work or jobs. I do not think that there is any way to generate enough cash to buy the windows and complete all the rooms prior to sitting down for Breakfast such that on your very last turn, you do not have to do any work or repair the mansion at all on that last turn, if you forfeit the Pink Rose pass, though correct me if I am wrong.

As far as determining exactly how to allocate the XP for those jobs, I have not made an allocation algorithm for that in particular yet; I simply eyeballed the list of $3 jobs and the characters' stats, and came up with the following, which seemed to work well (though I have not particularly rigorously assessed this yet), which depends on following the mansion repair plan from above.

First and foremost, thanks for the props. I have to return them thankfully.

To answer your question (as good as I can): The range of 20XP was related to the total XP generation process and not the remainder in turn 7. I see that you have generated a total of 825XP with your allocation plan while my (probably just local) "optimum" generated 840. As I mentioned in the corresponding section, I myself, know how to increase this 840 up to 853.2 (+13.2) as I have not allocated 91XP when I could have. This was for the same reason you are raising this question: I wanted to balance between maximizing XP generation and maximizing the left-over XP in turn 7. Neglecting the last objective, one could even achieve more - but to inferior conditions. Therefore my eductaed guess was 20 which is basically 50% more of what I could have done and am aware of.

In regards to the applied process:
1st subordinate minimization goal: Try to use all of the available XP in one round or get very close to it for the first three rounds. I.e. spend all 60 XP in turn 1. Furthermore, I couldn't further reduce the XP left over in turn 2 without violating the first assumption or not completing one room.
Reasoning: same as above
Limitations: Again, one could argue that spending all XP and leave one room unfinished would be superior, but this would not only be influenced by past decisions but also have to be accounted for in future decisions which is something I can totally not model (and this bothers me........)

2nd subordinate maximization goal: As mentioned in the post, there was this interesting finding that we are able to maximize the total score in turn 6 by clearing 9 rooms in one go. Therefore I artificially limited myself to doing that as it was superior to all previous scenarios.
Reasoning: see fun fact in constraint #2 of my second analysis.
Limitations: Since this assumption affects the previous decision, this is the most fragile one. Even though it maximizes the XP gain in the current turn, one has to account for the XP loss from not maximizing the previous turn with most attention. The solution I presented is maximizing the 5th turn subsequently and the XP loss is lower than the gain, but this only proofs that it is a superior reaction to the decisions made previously. If we change the initial approach (like loosing the restrictions of turn 3), this might look completely different.

However, I have tested multiple scenarios and identified the approach presented in the main post as the most optimal. But comparing ~20 scenarios out of multiple billions of possibilities is certainly not representative by any means.

I hope I could help and I am looking forward to reviving this discussion - to the pain of all other forum members, haha.

1633267664533.png

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Its kind of amazing you don't realize how dumb a statement this is. BADIK isn't some science fiction reality bubble wackadoo present changing the past changing the future changing the present nonsense.

The wait for ep8 is really destroying people's minds. :LOL:
What do you want from me now?:rolleyes:

Did I write anything about SciFi or something like that?:rolleyes:

You probably don't understand what it is about constants and variables. :geek:

Constants are unchangeable. :geek:
Variables can be changed.:geek:

DPC has thousands of variables to look through if we are to believe his latest status report. :unsure:

Reactions: dav3knight

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
The dev said that he likes to annoy his feminist wife by arguing things that actually he doesn´t think. And, of course, the character that "lambast the shit out of feminist" is the clown of the game, the one that nobody takes seriously. The dev is a woke.

I wouldn´t mind if, during second season, when it´s clear that Maya and Josy are lesbians, the player would be able to say "I´m out of here". But no, the player is forced to enter into the trap, and after that, is even forced to, at least, "remain friends" of them. It´s not even possible to forget about them and their far fetched, stupid, postmodern cliché soap opera drama with the evil religious father and all that jazz. And it seems will be even worse with Chad and the other guy.
Rent freeeeeeeeeee.

What do you want from me now?:rolleyes:

Did I write anything about SciFi or something like that?:rolleyes:

You probably don't understand what it is about constants and variables. :geek:

Constants are unchangeable. :geek:
Variables can be changed.:geek:

DPC has thousands of variables to look through if we are to believe his latest status report. :unsure:
And the past is a constant. Not a variable to be changed from choices made in the present. Duh.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
And the past is a constant. Not a variable to be changed from choices made in the present. Duh.
I agree with you there. The past remains a constant when that past is confirmed.

But here lies the problem. There is much in the past that is not confirmed. For example, Lana.

We all suspect that she is the sister of Jill, who died. But where is that confirmed. It is only confirmed by Jill that her older sister died. Was it Lana? I don't know. Jill never said the name of the deceased older sister. You don't need to bring up the argument that she has only one sister, because that is not confirmed either. We just don't know.

And thus an alleged past constant becomes a varibale.

And this is also true of Partick, because Maya herself turns the father from a constant into a variable.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
I agree with you there. The past remains a constant when that past is confirmed.

But here lies the problem. There is much in the past that is not confirmed. For example, Lana.

We all suspect that she is the sister of Jill, who died. But where is that confirmed. It is only confirmed by Jill that her older sister died. Was it Lana? I don't know. Jill never said the name of the deceased older sister. You don't need to bring up the argument that she has only one sister, because that is not confirmed either. We just don't know.

And thus an alleged past constant becomes a varibale.

And this is also true of Partick, because Maya herself turns the father from a constant into a variable.
:unsure:

I see, I see.

What in the actual fuck?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
maybe we get in trouble with the alphas and got banned from the gym ... and josy go to a gym only for women :unsure:
Maybe that just shows the solo routes. That the MC has decided for Sage and/or Maya and Josy now goes her own way.

But that would then also mean that there is a Throuple way, because there is a preview where Josy and Maya lie in the bed of the MC.

The preview of Josy and Maya in the pool, could indicate that the MC has chosen Sage, but is still friends with Josy and Maya.

EP8 Crossroad.:unsure:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Hawke84

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Ok, this is long overdue, I've meant to make this post ages ago but just couldn't find the time to go through the game to extract all that Lily goodness.

So I know, you all loved my previous posts on Quinn, Bella, Heather and Josy, and while I'd like to break down all the characters, they don't all have interesting progression arcs, but I've always wanted to do one for Lily, so here goes:

After that final shot of her proposing she and the mc "roll together", her future role in the story could be very interesting.

Last edited:

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
The dev said that he likes to annoy his feminist wife by arguing things that actually he doesn´t think. And, of course, the character that "lambast the shit out of feminist" is the clown of the game, the one that nobody takes seriously. The dev is a woke.

I wouldn´t mind if, during second season, when it´s clear that Maya and Josy are lesbians, the player would be able to say "I´m out of here". But no, the player is forced to enter into the trap, and after that, is even forced to, at least, "remain friends" of them. It´s not even possible to forget about them and their far fetched, stupid, postmodern cliché soap opera drama with the evil religious father and all that jazz. And it seems will be even worse with Chad and the other guy.
You will support Chad and Troy, and you will fight for their right to be gay, even though they've both been straight asshole to the MC from the start.

They have no redeemable traits but now they gay, you must love them. Embrace them. Have sex with them too even.

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
Interesting catch. She looks a bit older than I’d expect, but… We know MCs mom is young (18?) when she meets Neil, but we don’t know how old she is when she gives birth. Neil looks 40+ and was early 20’s when they meet, so it’s possible he and Lynette could have been together years before she dies.

This is true, except what it could do is allow a 3rd party to reveal some home truths about Neil, Lynette, and her family.

It could also just be a shared Daz asset.
Yeah, it could just be a shared Daz asset, but I think it's more likely that it's the same person in this case just because it'd be strange to introduce the character out of nowhere in episode 7 and devote a decent amount of dialogue to her with Jade if she has no relevance.

Reactions: always86

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Ok, this is long overdue, I've meant to make this post ages ago but just couldn't find the time to go through the game to extract all that Lily goodness.

So I know, you all loved my previous posts on Quinn, Bella, Heather and Josy, and while I'd like to break down all the characters, they don't all have interesting progression arcs, but I've always wanted to do one for Lily, so here goes:

After that final shot of her proposing she and the mc "roll together", her future role in the story could be very interesting.
Ah yes, more addictives of Lily greatness. God bless

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes