Hesteros

Feb 18, 2021
!!NEW TWITT

I love my new gym! #HOTs #Workout
View attachment 1434486
The first Rooster preview from Ep 7 was in late January, 3 months before release. That means we have to wait until January.

Not really but imagine if we have to wait that long.

That wink though...

Starting the Rooster Promotion, with Best Girl, is a good choice from DPC. I approve
Guess who's featured on this episode's first preview?

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
The first Rooster preview from Ep 7 was in late January, 3 months before release. That means we have to wait until January.

Not really but imagine if we have to wait that long.

That wink though...
Not quite. It's just that this time he postponed the content of the rooster at the last moment. And during the development of the 7th episode, DPC did it in parallel.

Sep 9, 2021
Other games here use the same concept:
  • Fetish Locator
  • Love of Magic
  • Rebirth
There's nothing wrong with the concept. It simply means subsequent downloads aren't going to be excessively big. People are already complaining the download for this game is too big (~14 GB). Games like this one and College Kings (also currently ~14GB) would benefit from this approach.

The next episode of BaDIK is likely to be almost 18+GB for the whole game. Hopefully the episode sizes start to plateau eventually, but considering DPC intends for around 16 episodes (give or take), the game is gonna be close to 50 GB by the time it's done. I don't even know if Renpy could cope with that shit.

So, in the effort to reduce future download sizes, and to not break Renpy, splitting the new seasons into different "games" makes a lot of sense.

Right now, when a new episode comes out, people either download a patch (and have all sorts of issues with it) or they download the whole game again, and then copy their save game across.

With the new approach, you'll download the new (partial) season and import your save game. As the episodes for that season are released, the download will get bigger until the season is complete (at an arbitrary 3.5 GB per episode, that means 14GB per season). Once the season is complete and the new season starts, you'll import your game into the new season, and so on.

With the estimated 16 episodes, that only means having to import twice, it really isn't a big deal, and it avoids the game getting so big that it'll cause issues.

I'm all for it, the only complaint is it'll delay the release of this currently awaited episode a few more days, we'll live.
If you are right he is going to divide a game in two or more parts.
So if new part comes we can put choices manually right ?

If you are correct some the the characters story going to end very soon by the end of the game.

Well you kind of a giving me a hope. That in the end everyone can have ending they desire.

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
Not really but imagine if we have to wait that long.[...]
Yes, thanks for pointing that I was also checking that recurring data, the worst case scenario seems to be a mid November release, looking at the numbers and checklist with my last post, it's don't make sense DPC would need an other three months, we would get a better picture when we see if he decide to release like two or more teaser per weeks and/or simply less total.

Sep 9, 2021
Not necessarily. He might just have some default profiles with preset choices for new games started at Season 2.
No.. .
Please do that to me. I don't keep any save file.
Now comes real question does someone else save work or how about moded save.
If not i am served upside down. :WutFace:
i don't know about you man but preset choices don't cut deal with me.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
If it's like some kind of Mass Effect style, than, the easiest solution is simply put your save files to the new game save folder.
Or at least one of your save file, like the end of each episode when it say " save Now " . You save there and carry that save file to the new game, and after season 3 over, you save again and carry that main save file to the new season etc etc etc.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020

If you are correct some the the characters story going to end very soon by the end of the game.

Well you kind of a giving me a hope. That in the end everyone can have ending they desire.
Manually entering hundreds of choices we had?
I think there's a better way to do it
Normal way to do it (like Rebirth does it, for example) would be to make a save at the end of Episode 8 which will later be used to start Episode 9

Reactions: shazba

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
Twitt starting, in addition of the development table, here one about the number of Rooster teaser prior to a release.
As you can see DPC used to release about 8 of them in a month in the early before switch to a 3 months format.

Seeing how the development seems to close to end, we could get back to the early format for the Halloween release.
We will have to wait the next teaser to see which pattern it will follow.

EpisodeNb of Roosterprior ReleaseRatio_______________________________________
EP3725 days (≈3 weeks)3.6
EP4834 days (≈5 weeks)4.3
EP5899 days (≈14 weeks)12.4
EP6895 days (≈13 weeks)11.9
EP71182 days (≈12 weeks)7.5
EP81in development

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Not necessarily. He might just have some default profiles with preset choices for new games started at Season 2.
No.. .
Please do that to me. I don't keep any save file.
Now comes real question does someone else save work or how about moded save.
If not i am served upside down. :WutFace:
i don't know about you man but preset choices don't cut deal with me.
The new seasons will import all of your old choices as if it was just one long game.

Any transient variables that are not relevant to the future episodes can be dropped, cleaning up the memory use, but just imagine it's the same as if the game was one big game (the way it is now) except you load the seasons with different executables.

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
The new seasons will import all of your old choices as if it was just one long game.
Except my post was explicitly about scenarios where you don't have any saves to import. That's a scenario that needs to be accounted for - players new to the game in Season 2 that never played Eps 1-8.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
I noticed he hasn’t started to post the Rooster‘s on Twitter yet, which
suggests he is still quite a way off.
I think he just cba posting Rooster things on twitter anymore you can look back at his previous tweets and he put Rooster things up during all 6 months of development of the previous episode.
One of the reasons I’m convinced DPC stalks this forum is the number of times something is mentioned, and then within a week he does something to contradict.

at which point the diary would be used to introduce a character who would then appear directly in the story to reveal some secret...

at which point what clue would the necklace be?
Well the necklace would be a visual Easter egg, something to say this is the same character, and was meant to be when she was introduced in Episode 7. It creates a tangible connection between two characters who no longer look alike.

If it's like some kind of Mass Effect style, than, the easiest solution is simply put your save files to the new game save folder.
Or at least one of your save file, like the end of each episode when it say " save Now " . You save there and carry that save file to the new game, and after season 3 over, you save again and carry that main save file to the new season etc etc etc.
Well, he has to make it work for people who don’t spend hours of their lives in forums that focus a lot on games that run in Renpy. Yes, it’s fairly straight forward to transfer a save manually, but by making the game do it for you it reduces the risk of less tech savvy players fucking it up.

Manually entering hundreds of choices we had?
View attachment 1434513
Normal way to do it (like Rebirth does it, for example) would be to make a save at the end of Episode 8 which will later be used to start Episode 9
This is what he is doing, but he’s also creating a programme so it can be done automatically, and not require the files to be moved or copied manually. At least that’s the impression I got.

Sep 9, 2021
You know deep inside that Jade is superior in every way to Josy.

Josy is a side character in the Maya story, might as well be Patrick with small tits.
And I thought my mom make spicy dishes.:rolleyes::cautious::ROFLMAO:
Savage !
One of the reasons I’m convinced DPC stalks this forum is the number of times something is mentioned, and then within a week he does something to contradict.
It wold be damn funny him arguing about characters and character development here.
download.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: always86
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes